Yeah? I hear you’re running a suicide pool on me. That’s right.
还行下注吗 行 还有一组
Any squares left? Yeah, there’s one.
赌你熬不过9星期
Nine weeks.
赌注多少 不收你的
How much to enter? No way, man.
你会为了胜利而自杀
Knowing you, you’d off yourself just to win the bet.
我不是这种人 我赌自己能撑下去
Ohho, not me. I bet on myself, it’s to win.
你不会一直是赢家
Yeah, you don’t always win.
没错 显而易见我是输了
No. Clearly not.
我父亲说你在河内救了他
You know, my father said you kept him alive in Hanoi.
说你在河内救了他们所有的人 不对
He said you kept all those guys alive. Nah.
施行酷刑时 他们首先就是要 摧毁你的自我意识
When you’re tortured, the first thing they do is try to break down your sense of self.
在河内时我被整败了
And I broke in Hanoi.
好几个星期我根本没想到自我保护
For weeks, the last thing in my mind was selfpreservation.
事实上 我每晚祈祷我能死去
In fact, I prayed for death every night.
唯一使我支撑下去的…
And the only thing that kept me from answering those prayers,
是其他牢房♥的同伴 包括你父亲 所发出的声音
were the voices of the men in the other rooms your father among them.
无论你听到些什么传奇
I don’t care what you’ve heard, Yates. They kept me alive.
事实是他们给了我活下去的支撑
Not the other way around.
长官
Hey!Sir?
你害我赔掉一堆烟
You cost me my whole stash of smokes.
真对不起
Oh. Well, I’m sorry about that.
人生有得有失 不是吗
Well, you win some, you lose some.
为什么你说这是我们的墙
So what did you mean earlier about it being our wall?
那是温特的墙 他怕我们闲着 所以用这工作搞死我们
I mean, it’s Winter’s wall. That fuck just makes us work it to keep us occupied.
把我们当成一堆小孩
It’s like we’re a bunch of little kids or something.
1870年时这里空无一物
In 1870, there was nothing here.
原来的监狱是由犯人盖的
The original prison was built by prisoners. I want to show
我带你去看我前些日子的发现
I want to show you something I found the other day.
就是这
Oh, here it is.
看到了吗
You see this?
二等兵A.J.贝克于1912年至1923年服刑
“Private A.J. Beck, 19121923.”
二等兵贝克….
Now why do you suppose Private Beck
你想他盖自己的监牢是何种心情
What do you think he was doing, building his own prison?
我哪知道 我也不知道但我可以大胆假设
How the fuck do I know? Well, I don’t know either, but I can make a guess.
我猜他不是在盖监狱
My guess is he wasn’t building a prison.
我猜他是在盖其他东西
My guess is he was building something else.
或许他们对他说过了要盖监狱 但我想在他心中…
They may have told him to build a prison, but, in his own mind,
他是在筑一道保护自己的墙
he was raising walls to protect himself.
我猜他是在盖一座城♥堡♥
My guess is he was building a castle.
一座城♥堡♥
That’s a castle?
对 有可能
Yeah, it could be. Could be.
如果有人重新盖过就有可能 长官 我们要怎么做呢
If somebody rebuilt it. How we supposed to do that, sir?
我不知道 我不会盖墙
How are you supposed to do that? I don’t know anything about walls.
为什么不去问阿吉乐
Why don’tyou ask pri Ask Aguilar.
他爸爸是石匠
His dad’s a mason.
尼博
Niebolt!
长官 早安
Good morning, sir.
怎么回事 犯人推倒的 长官
What happened here? The prisoners, they knocked it down, sir.
为什么 尔温叫他们这么做的
Why? Irwin, he told them to.
谢谢
Thank you.
包伯
BeauBeaupre?
什么事 阿吉乐
What’s up, Aguilar?
这颗石头不适合摆在那
ThThat’s not the right rock.
卡布西 你相信这毛头小子吗
Cutbush, you believe this kid?
他似乎真的会
Yeah, he seems to know his shit, you know?
好 阿吉乐 我信你一次
All right, Aguilar. I’ll bite.
找块适合的石头来 好
Bring me the right rock. OOkay.
你需要一块平的石头
You need a rock with a flat edge,
那一块边缘不整齐
becausebecause that one’sjagged.
边缘不整齐的放在中间
ThThejagged ones go in the middle. The middle? All right.
再拿一块石头来
Bring me another one.
但是如果我一直拿给你就永远学不会
IfI keep getting you the flat rocks, you’ll never learn
我会再替你拿一块石头 好吗
I’ll get you one more, okay, Beaupre?
阿吉乐先生 看起来还蛮不错的
Mr. Aguilar? It looks good.
谢谢 典狱长
Thanks, Chief.
Morning, Chief. Molly be damned
Smote Jimmy the Harp with a horrid little pistol and a lariat
She’s goin’ to the bottom She’s goin’ down the drain
Said she wasn’t big enough to carry it
Shesaid, “Get behind the mule”
把那块放在外面
Gotta get behind the mule PuPut that on the outside.
知道了
You gotta get behind the mule
In the morning and plow
You gotta get behind the mule
In the morning and plow
蛮懂得嘛
I’m impressed. Pretty handy with a trowel.
干的好 伙计们 谢谢首领
Good work, you guys. You know it, Chief.
做的好 谢谢领导
Nice work. Thanks, Chief.
你认为如何 我觉得它很美
What do you think? I think she’s beautiful.
说的好 一周盖18层
That’s the word. Eighteen courses in one week.
我真替你骄傲 你值得骄傲
I’m proud of you. You should be proud.
大伙干的好 嗯 是呀
Men did good, huh? They did.
记得要留个窗户 每个城♥堡♥都有的
Now, listen. Be sure to leave a window, a portal. Every castle has one.
对不起 领导 阿吉乐请过来一下
Aguilar? Excuse me, Chief. Aguilar, come here a minute.
去呀 大伙停一下
Go ahead. Guys, hold up a minute.
停止工作
Hold up the work.
停一下
Hold up.
应该让你先刻上名字
Maybe you should go first.
将你的名字刻在墙上 停止工作
Put your name in the wall. Hey, hold up on the work.
将你的名字刻在这
Come on. Put your name right in here.
拼出你的名字 A.G.你知道全名吗
Spell it out. A GGG.
犯人在耍花样 真的
Scumbags are having at it, sir. Yes, sir. Really?
他们叫尔温“领导”对他们来说 那代表“将军
”They’re calling Irwin “Chief. ” That’s the word they got for General.
他们也用不同的称谓代表各自的阶级
They got substitute names for the other ranks, too, sir.
上尉用 “老板“ 中士是“兄弟 ” 二等兵是 ”伙计 ”
Anybody who was a captain is “Boss. ” Sergeants are “Sport,” Privates are “Pal. ”
他们在扮演军人 长官
Playing soldier, sir.
热忱和忠心 长官
Hearts and minds. Sir?
他是在建立忠诚度 给他们自我荣誉感
He’s building a structure of loyalty. He’s offering them selfrespect,
以取得服从
in exchange for obedience.
将军正在收编部队
The general is building himself an army.
他可以有他们的热忱和忠心 但他们还是在我们的手心
He can have their hearts and minds, sir. As long as we got ’em by the balls.
说的好 下士 谢谢你 长官
Well put, Corporal. Thank you, sir.
上尉
Captain.
带他来见我 长官 谁
Bring him to my office. Who, sir?
委内瑞拉王子 还会是谁
The prince of Venezuela. Who do you think? General Irwin?
尔温将军 尔温先生
Mr. Irwin.
当你初到时我问过你一个问题 显然现在我必须再问一次
When you first arrived, I asked you a question. I need to ask again.
你对服刑期间有什么期望吗
What do you want from your time here at the castle, Mr. Irwin?
我的回答仍然是 服满刑期 回家
And my answer is the same as it was then.
你这么说
Do my time. Go home.
但所有作为都背道而驰
So you say, but everything you have done has contradicted that.
在这的犯人都是重刑犯
These men are not here for unpaid parking fines and traffic
我知道他们是犯重罪我只是想去唤起他们…
I’m under no illusion why the men are here, Colonel.
一些他们曾做过的好事
I just think they might be reminded…
而不是只负面的行为
about some of the good things they’ve done, rather than only the worst.
对 这是前任狱长曾经说过的话
Yes, that is that is something my predecessor used to say.
他在这服务的最后两年 有7次越狱企图
In his last two years here there were seven escape attempts,
12名狱警遭袭其中1人死亡
twelve injury assaults on officers and N.C.O.s, including one killed.
自我接管之后 没人企图脱逃
Since I’ve assumed command, there have been zero escape attempts,
没人袭♥警♥ 没人丧命
zero injury assaults, zero fatalities.
有人♥质♥疑我的管理方式 但它却非常有效
Some may question mym ethods, but they do work.
在我的管制之下狱警不曾无谓牺牲
No soldier has ever died needlessly under my command, Mr. Irwin.
我也肩担着指挥官的职责
See, I, too, share the burden of command.
你认为我不曾打过仗…
You may not think that I’ve ever set foot on a battlefield,
那是因为你从未坐在这指挥桌后面
but that’s because you’ve never sat behind this desk this desk.
我和我的部下以寡敌众
My men and I are vastly outnumbered.
我们每天都在敌区中作战 别搞错 尔温先生…
We spend every day behind enemy lines.
囚犯就是敌人
Because, make no mistake about it, Mr. Irwin, they are the enemy.
我不必请求你的谅解 是吧
But I don’t need to justify myself to you, do I?
不知道 你想呢
I don’t know.Do you?
这道墙
This wall…
造成了许多紧绷情绪
that has become the focus of so much… tension…
和骚乱
and turmoil
呃 2分钟后那座墙就会化作乌有
Well… in about two minutes, there will be no more wall.
所有人从墙边撤退