And you are an old, cruel, ignorant man.
你这个残忍♥无知的老东西
The boy’s mother is dead,
那孩子的母亲过世
and he’s not even allowed to see her!
竟不让他去看看
I want to go home!
朕要回家
I want to go home!
朕要回家
Stop it, stop it, stay where you are!
别动 待在那里别动
I want to go home!
朕要回家
Stop it, stay where you are!
别动 待在那里别动
You fool! Stay there!
你这笨蛋 别动
Chang!

Hunchback, Big Foot!
驼背 大脚
Sir?
皇上?
Give me your hand, sir.
把手给我 皇上
Give me your hand, sir!
把手给我 皇上
Can you not see?
您看不到吗?
Look at my left ear, please, sir.
请看我的左耳 皇上
Thank you, and my right. Thank you.
谢谢 再看右耳 谢谢
Would you follow my finger, please, sir.
请看着我的手指 皇上
Just the eyes, Your Majesty, not the head.
只动眼睛 皇上 头别动
Well, it’s perfectly simple, Johnston.
非常简单 庄士敦
The Emperor needs spectacles.
皇上要配副眼镜
Like Harold Lloyd!
像哈罗德·劳埃德那样
Impossible! An Emperor does not wear spectacles!
不可能 皇上怎么能戴眼镜呢
That cannot be allowed!
那不行
Times have changed, Your Highnesses!
年头不一样了 太妃娘娘
If His Majesty doesn’t get spectacles, Johnston,
如果皇上不戴眼镜 庄士敦
he could lose his sight.
他可能会失明
Now, please, could you show me the way out of here?
劳驾 能告诉我怎么出去好吗?
Your Majesty.
皇上
If the Emperor does not get spectacles, I will resign.
如果皇上不许戴眼镜的话 我就辞职
Unfortunately, our decision is final.
可惜 这事已经决定了
And, unfortunately,
那可惜
what I have to say will be published in every newspaper in China.
我要说的话将登在中国所有的报纸上
What do you have to say, Mr. Johnston?
您想要说什么话 庄士敦先生?
The Emperor has been a prisoner in his own palace
自登基之日起
since the day that he was crowned
皇上就被软禁在宫中
and has remained a prisoner since he abdicated.
退位后仍旧是囚犯
But now that he’s growing up,
但现在他已经长大
he may wonder why he is the only person in China
他会纳闷为什么全中国只有他一个人
who may not walk out of his own front door.
不能走出自己的大门?
I think the Emperor is the loneliest boy on earth.
我想皇上是世上最寂寞的孩子
It would be conveniently sad if he becomes blind.
如果他看不见的话 会令人难过的
Blind, Mr. Johnston?
看不见? 庄士敦先生
To the expense, Your Excellency.
看不见“花销” 阁下
To the cost of maintaining one thousand two hundred eunuchs,
看不见养的1200个太监
three hundred and fifty ladies-in-waiting
350名侍女
and one hundred and eighty-five cooks
还有185个厨师的花销
to buying a hundred and twenty sable furs a month
看不见一个月买♥♥120张貂皮
and three thousand chickens a week.
一周买♥♥3000只鸡的花销
To the fact that eight hundred and forty guards and employees of the household department,
看不见内务府的840名侍卫和随从
plus one Lord Chamberlain,
再加上一个总管内务府大臣的真面目
care only about one thing!
他们只关心一件事
Filling their own rice bowls!
就是捞油水
You are very good at accounts, Mr. Johnston!
你可真会算账呀 庄士敦先生
The Emperor may have abdicated,
皇上已经退位了
but he’s still a symbol of great importance to many people.
但对许多人来说 他仍然是个至高无上的象征
If I did not agree with that, I would not be here.
如果我不这么认为的话 我就不会在这里了
And some of us believe that one day soon,
并且我们之中有人相信 终有一天
he may be more than a symbol.
他将不仅止于是个象征而已
The spectacles are a detail.
眼镜只是小事
What do you really want, Mr. Johnston?
你到底想要什么?庄士敦先生
Just the spectacles.
就要一副眼镜
The Princess Wan Jung, Your Majesty.
这是婉容格格 皇上
Seventeen years old.
她17岁了
Princess Wu Chang, fifteen years old.
吴珍格格 15岁
The princess De Li, Your Majesty,
这是丽丽格格 皇上
and the Princess Fung Ying.
还有芬英格格
The Princess Wang Ching.
文庆格格
The Princess Shilean, sixteen years old.
这是翠莲格格 16岁
Who is this?
这是谁啊?
Princess Wen Hsiu, twelve years old.
文绣格格 12岁
She has got a funny face.
她的脸很有趣
Not just one wife. One empress and one secondary consort.
并不只一个妻子 一个皇后和一个淑妃
Two wives?
两个妻子?
But who did you choose to be the Empress?
皇上选了哪个做皇后呢?
They chose her!
他们挑了她
She’s very old, Johnston! She’s seventeen!
她岁数太大了 庄士敦 17岁了
That’s not so old, Your Majesty. What does she look like?
不算大 皇上 她的相貌如何?
Old fashioned!
过时了
I want a modern wife,
朕想要个摩登的妻子
Johnston, who speaks English and French!
庄士敦 会说英语和法语
And who can dance the quickstep!
还会跳快步舞的
Johnston!
庄士敦
Sir!
皇上
I’m going to escape, Johnston.
朕想逃走 庄士敦
I’ve got a suitcase, and a ticket to England.
朕弄到个箱子和一张去英国的票
I’m going to Oxford University.
朕要去牛津大学
Your Majesty, if you get married,
皇上 若您结婚了
you will become the master of your own house.
您就能当家做主了
A wedding might be a more practical way to escape.
结婚或许是更实际的逃脱方法
I suppose she’s on her way by now.
朕想她现在已经在路上了
It will be all right. They do everything for you.
没事的 他们会为您打点一切
Why did you never get married, Johnston?
你为什么从不结婚 庄士敦?
Your Mongolian cousin Prince Demchukedamgruv
你蒙古的堂兄德穆楚克栋鲁普亲王
has sent you twelve racing camels.
送您12头比赛用的骆驼
Plus this.
还有这个
On behalf of Manchuria.
代表满洲的
A lump of coal.
一块煤
Manchuria…
满洲…
The secondary consort welcomes the Empress.
淑妃文绣恭迎皇后主子
The Empress greets the secondary consort.
皇后问候淑妃
You are doing everything very well.
你安排得很好
Thank you. I rehearsed many times.
多谢 我练习过很多次了
What is His Majesty thinking?
皇上在想什么?
I was thinking, if I was the real Emperor,
朕想 如果朕是真正的皇帝
I would become the ruler of China now.
从今天起朕就能亲政了
And what would the Emperor do, if he could really rule?
如果真是这样 皇上想做什么?
I would change everything, even the way we get married.
朕要改变一切 甚至是我们成亲的方式
Is the Emperor against arranged marriages?
皇上是反对指婚吗?
It is humiliating not to choose whom you marry!
不能选择配偶 是耻辱
Even I was not allowed to choose.
即使我也无法选择
And yet westerners might be amazed
或许西洋人会感到惊讶
how much happiness can come from arranged marriages.
指配之婚能带来多少幸福
That is what old-fashioned women say,
过时的女人才那样说
like the high consorts.
就像先皇太妃们
In another year or two,
再过一两年
His Majesty will be taller than me.
皇上就会比婉容高了
Is it true the Emperor has a suitcase under his bed
皇上是不是真的在床底下有只箱子
and is going to Oxford?
而且打算去牛津大学?
Will the Emperor take Wan Jung with him?
皇上愿意带婉容走吗?
Perhaps he would like to see my face before he decides.
也许皇上想先看看我的长相再做决定
Yes, the Emperor would like to see the face of the Empress.
是的 皇上想看看皇后的容貌
It is the Emperor who must remove the kait’ou.
皇上必须亲自揭开盖头
I also had a tutor like Mr. Johnston.
我也有个像庄士敦先生的家庭教师
Miss Windsor. She’s American.
叫温莎小姐 是美国人
Miss Windsor taught me how to do the dance of the quickstep.
温莎小姐教我跳快步舞
Does the Emperor know how to do the quickstep?
皇上知道怎么跳快步舞吗?
Will you teach me?
你会教朕吗?
Leave us! Leave us!
退下去 退下去
If Your Majesty thinks it is old-fashioned
如果皇上认为和陌生人云雨

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!