The stage was set.
接下来的卡片调查将会指向李
Subsequent investigation of the cards would now point to Lee…
因为只有她有足够的行凶动机
as the only person with a motive strong enough for murder.
你能解释我和圭多共处一室 是如何开启螺旋桨的吗?
Would you care to explain how I started the propellers with Guido in the room?
不能
No.
那是我出的一分力
That was my contribution.
你也希望克♥林♥顿♥死
You wanted Clinton dead, too.
是这样的 我想帮爱丽丝
You see, I’d helped Alice…
摆脱多年前那不愉快的小意外
out of her little unpleasantness, lo those many years ago.
所以 当我们开始玩游戏 寻找商店扒手时
So when we began playing the game, looking for a shoplifter…
我就知道会有些丑陋的事实 会被公诸于众
I knew some ugly truths would be trotted out.
我的也不例外
Not in the least mine.
我想阻止这一切
I wanted it stopped.
正如你昨天聪明地指出 我弄错了
As you pointed out so astutely yesterday, I blundered…
但这给了我继续下去的勇气
but it gave you the courage to carry on.
你觉得如何?
What do you think?
我能逃脱吗?
Am I gonna get away with it?
你假装背痛
You pretended your back was hurting…
引诱克♥林♥顿♥说出…
to coax Clinton into revealing…
你的秘密是哪一天的游戏主题
what day your secret would be played.
只要你周六晚准备就绪即可 那是你的大日子
Just as long as you’re ready for Saturday night, which is your biggie.
当时只是星期二 还有四天时间
It was only Tuesday. Four days’ grace.
克♥林♥顿♥选择的地点简直是天赐良机
Clinton’s choice of a location was a gift.
但你必须…
But you had to…
确保在李拿着假卡片 跟他对质前找到他
make sure that you found him before Lee confronted him with the false card.
所以你跟踪我 因为我自负地暗示…
So you followed me because I’d been boastful enough to hint…
我已弄明白线索的含义
that I’d figured out the clue.
在我告解完后 你走进去
So, after my session, you came in…
继续玩克♥林♥顿♥和你自己的游戏
and proceeded to play Clinton’s game as well as your own.
也许我应该把祷告室的门 再打开一点?
Maybe if I open the door to the chapel a little wider?
怎么搞的?
What the hell?
然后你给克莉丝汀和李表演了…
Then you put on your little ventriloquist act…
你的口♥技♥ 我早就该发现这一点
for Christine and Lee. I should’ve realized.
我们都见过你模仿克♥林♥顿♥
We’d all seen you impersonate Clinton.
在商定桥牌比赛时用的手势暗号♥吗
Going over your hand signals for the bridge tournament?
我对什么事情的感受?
How’d I feel about what?
你知道得太多 我不能让你活着
You know too much to live.
李的爆发对你来说…
How convenient for you that Lee…
可真方便
exploded.
但不便的是 她迅速思考
But how inconvenient for you that she thought quickly…
把一切布置得像意外一样
and arranged everything to look like an accident.
你肯定很恼火 所以你…
You must have been furious. So you…
把一切布置成看似意外的谋杀现场
rearranged everything to look like a murder that looked like an accident.
她选择了正确的石块 你用错误的石块取而代之
She had picked up the right stone. You replaced it with the wrong one.
我猜另一块沾满血迹的石头 还在角落里
I’ll bet that other stone, stained with blood, is still in the corner.
还有李吸过的那根香烟
As well as the cigarette that Lee actually smoked.
但 不管怎样 你知道第二天…
But, no matter, you knew that the next day…
当你开展你那精彩的调查时
when you conducted your brilliant investigation…
李自然而然就会以为自己犯了错
Lee would naturally assume that she had made the mistake.
这确实很聪明 哪个侦探能匹敌行凶者本人
And it was brilliant. What better detective than the man who’s committed the crime?
每一个犹豫的结论 每一次跌跌撞撞的解释
Every hesitant conclusion, every stumbling interpretation.
当你突然惊慌起来 保护妻子时
And when you suddenly panicked, protecting your wife…
太让人惊叹了 孩子
it was dazzling, dear boy.
已经过了12点了 -是吗?
It’s after 12:00 already. – Is it?
很好 这样我们就有足够的时间
Good. That gives us plenty of time…
因为全体船员都在岸上 兴高采烈地庆祝他们的主人之死
because the crew is happily celebrating the death of their master in the port.
我们很幸运吧?
Aren’t we lucky?
我想是的
I think so.
如果你在考虑再伪造一起自杀事件
If you’re thinking of setting up for another fake suicide sequence…
我得警告你即兴发挥的危险
I must warn you of the dangers of improvisation.
你那最后一次行动漏洞太多了
This last exploit had far too many loose ends…
尽管你有四天的时间准备
even though you had four days to prepare it.
你甚至准备了谋杀案发生后…
You even planned for the obligatory confession scene…
第二天早上那迫不得已的认罪一幕
the morning after the murder.
你知道当你开始施压后
You knew that she would need some fortification…
她需要一点催化剂
when you started turning the screws.
你觉得万无一失 因为船上没有其他人喝波旁酒
You felt you were safe because no one else on board drank bourbon…
顺带一提 你没有通过舷窗把酒倒掉
which, incidentally, you don’t pour out of a porthole…
然后把瓶子扔到船外 而是把酒倒入排水沟中
and then toss the bottle overboard. Your pour it down a drain.
除非你还有别的东西 急于处理掉 比如安♥眠♥药♥
Unless there’s something else you’re anxious to get rid of like…Seconal.
我没有手套
I don’t have any gloves.
你们两个 别打了
Hey, you guys, knock it off!
天啊 看看这个地方
Jesus Christ, look at this place.
事实上 我们有点意见不合
Actually, we’ve been having a little difference of opinion.
我们在这次旅途中都变得有点疯狂 但你们也太离谱了吧?
We’ve all gotten squirrelly on this trip, but aren’t you carrying it a little too far?
关于那个《最后的希拉》项目
It’s about the Last of Sheila project.
现在思路都理清了
But it’s all straightened out now.
你在船上干什么? -我正想睡觉
What are you doing on board? – I’m trying to sleep.
不全是
Well, not exactly.
圭多顶替维托利奥 让我陪他
Guido took over for Vittorio and asked me to keep him company.
所以我们去了克♥林♥顿♥的房♥间听音乐
So we went into Clinton’s room to listen to the stereo…
好音乐没听到 却听到你们在对讲机上说废话
and instead of getting mood music, we get you guys yacking on the intercom.
明天找秘书口述一遍
So, la cocka is limpa… Dictate it tomorrow when you can get a secretary.
他杀了她 她杀了他
He killed her, she killed him…
这是个好主意
That’s a good idea…
但我们在一些基本事项上 达成了共识 对吧 汤姆?
but we’re agreed on the basics, wouldn’t you say, Tom?
既然现在已经真♥相♥大白
Now that the truths are known…
我们开始看到这是一个大项目
we’ve begun to see this as a big, big project.
这些是规模庞大的题材 值得陀斯妥耶夫斯基亲自执笔
There are gigantic themes here, worthy of Dostoyevsky.
包含无辜
There’s innocence…
有罪
guilt…
憎恨
hatred…
忠诚
loyalty.
李对汤姆抱有的雄心 让我们这些幸存者
Lee’s ambitions for Tom were such that we, as survivors…
觉得有义务将希拉的故事 毫无保留 原原本本地讲述出来
feel bound to tell Sheila’s story in all its pitiless purity, sparing nothing.
大制♥作♥?
Big budget, huh?
我想500万应该足够了
I feel $5 million should cover it.
爱丽丝的出演费上升了
Well, Alice’s price just went up.
汤姆 这剧本没有人比你写得更好 你的经纪人是谁来着?
Tom, nobody can write it better than you. Who handles you again?
事实上 我想找一个外人写初稿
Ah, well… Actually, I’m keen on having the first draft done by a complete outsider.
给我们这个既有的圈子 带来一丝纯真的人
Someone who will bring a naivety to our little inbred circle.
当然我们需要汤姆担任技术指导 在开拍前进行一些…
Tom will be needed as technical advisor. And just before shooting, for a few…
改编
Rewrites.
改编 没错
Rewrites, exactly.
我去睡了 我几乎困得要死
Well, I think I’ll turn in. I’m almost dead on my feet.
明天有很多事情要做
So much to do tomorrow…
今晚还有几页稿件要打印
and still a few pages to type tonight.
给我的律师写一封密信
Sealed letter to my solicitor
保护版权什么的
protecting the copyright sort of thing.
在这危险的年头 小心驶得万年船
In these perilous times, one can’t be too careful.
你要来吗 克莉丝汀?
Coming, Christine?
我来给你提供几个名字
Honey, let me hit you with a couple of names…
尤尔·伯连纳饰演克♥林♥顿♥ 保罗和琼安分别饰演汤姆和李
Yul Brynner as Clinton. Paul and Joanne as Tom and Lee.
希望他们能满意
I hope it’s got enough content for them.
谁来演爱丽丝呢 我想到了 卡莉·西蒙
Who have I got for Alice? I know, Carly Simon!
光是原声带就能支付她的服装费
The soundtrack album alone will pay for her clothes.
现在 别尖叫 维尔娜·丽丝
Now, don’t scream. Virna Lisi.
不 亲爱的 扮演我
No, darling, as me!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!