谢谢你的茶
Thank you for the tea.
他是令人反感 死板 守旧的老家伙
He’s a sorry, old, tight-assed stick-in-the-mud…
但是 没错 他很虔诚
…but, yes, he’s sincere.
有人吗
Hello?
有人吗
Hello?
抱歉
Excuse me.

You.
-你是新来的秘书吗 -是的
– You’re the new secretary? – Yes.
瓦伦汀·费多洛维奇·布尔加科夫
Valentin Fedorovich Bulgakov.
爸爸出去了 你可以在楼上书房♥等他
Papa is out. You can wait upstairs in the library.
真高兴你来了
I am so glad you’re here.
太高兴了
I’m so glad.
-上帝保佑你 -抱歉 我很羞愧
– God bless you. – Pardon me. I’m mortified.
我一紧张就会打喷嚏
I sneeze sometimes when I get nervous.
对了
Yes.
弗拉迪米尔·格里戈里耶维奇已经在信里
Now, Vladimir Grigorevich has already
详细介绍过你了
written about you at lengths.
我不需要那个 我要的是你的帮忙
I don’t need that. What I do need is your help.
我的反政♥府♥宣言是个大工程
My manifesto against the government is hard work.
他们滥用职权速度之快 我都来不及记下来
They commit their idiotic abuses faster than I can catalog them.
是的
Yes.
再就是新书的问题 那本纲要
And then there’s the new book, the compendium.
格里戈里耶维奇都和我说了
Grigorevich told me all about it.
他说你说过世上一切宗教
He says that you say that all the
都享有普遍真理
world’s religions share common truths.
-这太令人兴奋了 -不 是一个真理
– It’s very exciting. – No, one truth.
一个组织原则 你能猜出是什么吗
One single organizing principle. And can you guess what that is?
爱 爱
Love. Love.
很简单
Simple.
是的 但我想谈谈你的事
Yeah, but I want to talk about you.
你怎么样 旅途还顺利吧
How are you? And how was your journey?
过来 坐下
Come, sit down.
我是在这张沙发上出生的 不 坐吧
I was born on that sofa. No, no, sit, sit.
我 我兄弟 我的孩子
Myself, my brother, my children…
至少五六个 正是在这里出生的
…five or six of them, at least. Right here.
我读过你的论文
Well, I’ve read your essays.
有什么进展吗
How’s the work progressing?
孩子 怎么了
My boy, what is it?
-我令你失望了 -不是
– Oh, I’ve upset you in some way. – No.
是因为沙发吗 不过是张沙发
Was it the sofa? I mean, it’s only a sofa.
沙发好极了
The sofa’s wonderful.

I…
我太高兴了
I’m very happy.
你对我太好了
You’re very kind to me.
我只不过是个无名小辈
You see, I am no one…
而你是列夫·托尔斯泰
…and you are Lev Tolstoy.
你问起我的工作
And you ask me about my work.
我去给你倒杯茶
I’ll fetch you a glass of tea.
-好的 -好吧 你休息下
– Yes. – Now, you rest.
因为我们俩还有工作要做 一起做
Yeah, because there’s work for both of us to do, together!
好的
Yes.
上帝啊
God.
这个机器 简直太了不起了
This machine, it really is the most extraordinary thing.
妈妈 这些人一无所有
Mama, these people have nothing.
不 农民不是因为缺少土地才生活贫困
No, it’s not for lack of land that the muzhiks live in poverty.
是因为他们没有毅力并且嗜酒
It’s because they have no willpower and drink too much.
我不是建议分给他们土地
I am not suggesting they be given land.
私人财产是这个问题的根源
Private property is the root of the problem.
-我们该把我们的土地分出去 -天啊 给谁
– We should be giving ours away. – God. Giving it to whom?
没错 正是如此 这太荒谬了
Yes, exactly. I mean, this is ridiculous.
你认为农民因为贫穷
You think because the peasants are poor,
所以道德高尚
they’re morally superior.
我相信富裕能使我们所有人堕落
I believe that wealth corrupts us all.
是的 我相信
Yes, I do.
这是这项运动的主旨
It’s a keystone of the movement.
上帝啊 我对这项运动再清楚不过了
Oh, god, I know all about the movement.
如果农民们有钱了
If the peasants had money…
他们不会像我们一样只顾自己
…they wouldn’t surround themselves, as we do…
每月花10卢布雇工
…with footmen costing 10 rubles a month.
不会 他们会把钱花在酒馆和妓院
No, they’d spend it on drink and whores.
瓦伦汀·费多洛维奇
Valentin Fedorovich.
-你怎么认为 -茶
– What do you think? – Tea.
你认为50年后 人们吃饭时
You think that 50 years from now, people will eat…
会有成年人在一旁全心全意的服侍他们吗
…while grown men walk around waiting on them hand and foot?
-我认为 -很好
– I think… – That’s good.
-上帝保佑你 -别胡写了
– Bless you. – Stop scribbling.
你们都认为他是基♥督♥是吧
I mean, you all think he’s Christ, don’t you?
-他认为他是基♥督♥ -我没有
– He thinks he’s Christ. – I’m not…
我不相信列夫·尼古拉耶维奇是基♥督♥
I don’t believe Lev Nikolayevich is Christ.
-基♥督♥是基♥督♥ 但是 -但是什么
– Christ is Christ, but… – But what?
我相信他是先知
I do believe he’s one of the prophets.
他是上帝的代言人
God speaks through him.
从他的声音中我能听出来
I recognize the cadence in his voice.
天啊 这简直不堪忍♥受
Oh, god, this is unbearable.
怪不得我感到孤独 我周围全是群蠢货
No wonder I feel lonely. I’m surrounded by morons.
-妈 你太无理取闹了 -我有吗
– Ma, you’re being ridiculous. – Oh, am I?
我不得不坐在这听你们谈论
I have to sit here and listen to this
爱 上帝 平等
talk of love and God and equality…
这些早就被人所知的事
…knowing all the time, full well…
所谓的慷慨就是舍弃我们拥有的一切
…that count generosity is about to give away everything we own.
你干吗总是提这个
Now, why do you keep going on about this?
你凭什么认为在这项运动中
Why do you think that we should
我们该是受益者
profit from the work I’m doing now?
要知道这项运动是为了全人类
Which is only meant for the sake of the people.
别写了
Stop writing!
给我停手
Stop writing now!
为了我的礼物 请让我展示一下
In defense of my gift, please let me demonstrate.
它非常出色 真的
It’s quite remarkable, really.
用同样的手段 在一个饥饿的社会
In the same way now, a society of hunger…
充满隔离的社会
…full of segregation…
我明白
I understand…
不仅是用我的理智和心灵
…not only with my mind or heart…
这是你的声音
It’s… it’s your voice.
是你的声音
It’s your voice.
太棒了 太棒了
It’s wonderful. It’s wonderful!
真无聊
It’s tiresome.
另一项卓越的发明将会取代它
Another remarkable invention will supersede it.
抱歉
Please excuse me.
无论世上的饱学之士说什么
No matter what all the learned men in the world say…
恐怕 列夫·尼古拉耶维奇是个勒德分子
Lev Nikolayevich is something of a Luddite, I fear.
十九世纪初英国手工业工人中参加捣毁机器的人
那是犯罪
It is a crime.
并非只一次 而是持续性的犯罪
And one committed not once, but constantly.
这样好多了
That’s better.
不错
That’s nice.
真的不错
That’s very nice indeed.
你父母经常这样针锋相对吗
Do your parents often speak to each other so bluntly?
我妈不理解我父亲的目标
Mama doesn’t understand my father’s goals…
当小说家成为他的副业之后
…not since his work as a novelist became secondary.
他对宗教生活的评论惹火了她
His commitment to the spiritual life offends her.
他们为此争论好多年了
They’ve fought about it for years.
我相信她的初衷是好的
Well, I’m sure she means well by it.
坐在我面前的是一个帅小伙
I see a fine young man before me.
清澈的眼睛 精致的面庞
Clear eyes, nice features…
极其英俊且散发出一种独特的气质
…rather handsome in a peculiar sort of a way.
谢谢 伯爵夫人
Thank you, countess.
请叫我索菲娅·安德诃耶夫娜
Oh, please, call me Sofya Andreyevna.
你可能已经注意到了 我们这不太循规蹈矩
We don’t stand on formality here, as you may have noticed.
不 不 现在很多年轻人
No, no. So many young men nowadays…
生活放纵 糟蹋了他们那张俊脸 但是你
…spoil their good looks with loose living, but you…
你是个真正的托尔斯泰主义者 我能看出来

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!