你把服役当成事业是吗?不够五分钟?
You are in the Army as a career, aren’t you? Not for five minutes?
你演的好戏,你再干涉这件无聊事
You were putting up a pretty good show. You go barging in on this nonsense,
你差点让人给踢出去
and you come very near to getting yourself kicked out.
– 你不想给人踢出去,是吗? – 不想
– You don’t want to get kicked out, do you? – No, sir.
好,让我告诉你一件事
Well, let me tell you one thing.
不要去碰你不懂的东西,那样,你就不会错到哪里去
Don’t bother your head with things you don’t understand and you won’t go far wrong.
别冲动,要冷静
Never go off at half-cock. Keep cool.
少说话,远离瘟疫般的政♥治♥家
Keep your mouth shut and avoid politicians like the plague.
那就是在军队里生存的方法
That’s the way to get on in the Army.
谢谢,长官
Thank you, sir.
今晚来吃晚饭吗?
Care to dine at my club tonight?
– 对不起,我要送人去戏院 – 女伴?
– Sorry, sir. I’m taking someone to the theatre. – Pretty?
我还没见到她
I haven’t met her yet, sir.
你还有点神经错乱
Oh, you’re still a bit cracked, my boy.
希望你和年龄一起进步
Well, I hope you improve as you get older.
振作点
And cheer up, my boy.
是,长官
Yes, sir.
(喇叭吹奏)
Fanfare
父亲
Father,
听到你在地狱的诅咒,闪电后见到你的行动 一个恩赐
whose oath in hollow hell is heard, whose act is lightning after thunder-word. A boon!
恩赐,我怜悯的发现,人类是最不幸
A boon – that I compassion find for one, the most unhappy of mankind.
– 他叫什么名字? – 尤利西斯
– How is he named? – Ulysses.
他想占领特洛伊
He who planned to take the towered city of Troy-land.
– 他凭什么? – 这个!
– What wouldst thou? – This!
他最后会看到自己的火的青烟
That he at the last may view the smoke of his own fire curling blue.
他住在哪里?
Where bides the man?
卡里普索,现在将他怠惰在自己的海岛上
Calypso this long while detains him in her languorous ocean-isle.
天父,此人刺瞎了我儿子波吕斐摩斯
Father of gods, this man hath stricken blind my dear son Polyphemus.
我用风和海浪,从这个海上飘到那个海上
And with wind, with roaring waves, by me let him be hurled from sea to sea,
– 在世界上冲撞 – 和平,孩子们
– and dashed about the world. – Peace, children,
停止尖声叫骂了
and from your shrill reviling cease!
赫耳墨斯命令卡里普索释放尤利西斯
Hermes, command Calypso to release Ulysses,
吹送他到海洋的另一边
and to waft him over seas.
尤利西斯应该返回
Ulysses shall return.
乌云密布起来,停下
Cloud-gatherer, stay!
路上你不能捣蛋
Yet canst thou work in mischief on the way.
在他回到故里之前
Yet ere he touch at last his native shore,
尤利西斯必须再经受一个考验
Ulysses must abide one labour more.
谢谢,酒吧在哪里?
Thank you. Where’s the bar?
亲爱的,控制自己
Darling, do control yourself.
呼吸,面对死亡,恐怖和世界末日
..breathing, face amid the breathless dead, the track of terror and the slope of doom.
那是老萨基
I say, there’s old Suggie.
真的?哪里?
Really, darling? Where?
萨基?萨基?
Suggie? Suggie?
– …仍然饥饿… – 萨基!
-.. is hungering still… – Suggie!
哦,天父,在你的青年时代
..oh, Father, in thyyouth,
至少忍♥受恶毒女人的悲哀,致勒达,勒托,达娜厄
didst feel at least for mortal women ruth. To Leda, Leto, Danae, we are told,
展示给你,在海上十倍
didst show thee on occasion tenfold…
和克莱夫一起的女孩是谁?你认识吗?
Who’s the girl with Clive, darling? Do you know her?
– 事实上,我认识 – 好了,亲爱的,她是谁?
– As a matter of fact, I do. – Well, darling, who is she?
我相信他在柏林遇见了她的妹妹
I believe he met her sister in Berlin.
为什么这么神秘?她是谁?
Darling, why all this mystery? Who is she?
我侄女的家庭教师,亨特小姐
My niece’s governess. A Miss Hunter.
奇迹永远不会消失,西比尔又和赫皮出来了
Wonders will never cease. Sybil Gilpin out without her mother, and with Hoppy, too.
你不知道吗?他们结婚了
Didn’t you know, Mr Candy? They’re married.
– 赫皮和西比尔? – 一个月前
– Hoppy and Sybil? – Over a month ago.
家里都大吃一惊,很浪漫,也很突然
The family were quite taken by surprise. It was very romantic and sudden.
他们就在这个剧院见面的
And they met here in this very theatre.
我知道,我像是个媒人
I know. I seem to be a born matchmaker.
– 你好,佩勃尔 – 克莱夫先生!
– Hello, Pebble. – Master Clive!
– 你姨妈睡着了 – 好的,别打扰她
– Your aunt is asleep. – All right. Don’t disturb her.
– 我不想去俱乐部 – 你没事吗,克莱夫先生?
– I didn’t feel like going to the club. – You’re not sick, Master Clive?
没有
No. I say,
佩勃尔,你埋葬佩勃尔先生时,有什么感受?
Pebble, how did you feel when you buried Mr Pebble?
当时没什么,克莱夫先生,有太多事情要做了
Oh, it wasn’t so bad at the time, Master Clive, there was so much to do.
在那之后才难过,你应该知道
It was after that it got bad, if you understand me.
希望你不是参加葬礼回来,先生
I hope you haven’t come from a burial, sir.
不是,去剧院了,但某方面是一样的
No, from the theatre, but it was the same thing, in a way.
是悲剧吗?
Was it a sad play?
相反,是音乐剧,私室的床准备好了吗?
On the contrary, it was a musical play. Is the bed in the den made up?
不介意睡毯子的话,就很快能准备好
No, but it won’t take a minute if you don’t mind sleeping in blankets.
没时间晒被单
There isn’t time to air the sheets.
– 玛格丽特夫人更换了… – 佩勃尔,下面在干什么?
– Lady Margaret has made changes… – Pebble! What is going on down there?
– 我可以留下来吗? – 可以
– Am I staying? – I suppose so,
这里没有男人会把你扔出去
since there’s no man here to throw you out.
是谁把我的南非战利品挂在这里?
I say, who put up my South African heads?
– 不知道 – 看起来不错是吧?
– I don’t know. – They don’t look half so bad, do they?
不错
No.
佩勃尔,不要像母鸡一样,回床睡觉去
Pebble, stop fussing like an old hen, and go to your bed.
是,夫人
Yes, my lady.
– 晚安,克莱夫先生 – 晚安
– Good night, Master Clive. – Good night.
又是为了我这里的金钱龟才来了
Now, even money that some catastrophe has brought you here.
– 是的 – 债务?
– You’re on. – Debts?
– 不是 – 女人
– No. – A woman.
不完全是
Not exactly.
– 解释一下 – 今晚我去剧院了
– Explain. – I went to the theatre tonight.
– 自己? – 和一个女孩
– Alone? – With a girl.
为什么?不是为了她吗?
And why, pray, is she “not exactly”?
与她无关
Oh, it was nothing to do with her.
或许在那见到熟人了?
Perhaps. See anyone there you knew?
– 我见到了赫皮和西比尔,他们结婚了 – 为什么不?很般配的一对
– I met Hoppy and Sybil Gilpin. They’re married. – Why not? A very suitable match.
他有钱,她有地,两人都没脑
He has money, and she has land, and neither of them has any brains.
你当然不是爱上她了
You surely weren’t in love with her.
– 爱上西比尔?哦,不是 – 这我就放心
– With Sybil? Oh, no. – I’m glad of that.
她有拳击手的肌肉,有一天会揍扁他的
She has the muscles of a prize fighter. She’ll hit him one day.
– 赫皮,可以给她几个石头 – 她会马上举起来的,我肯定
– Hoppy could give her a couple of stone. – She’ll soon make that up, I assure you.
你今晚带谁去剧院了?
Who is this girl you took to the theatre tonight?
– 亨特小姐,我在柏林见到了她妹妹 – 漂亮吗?
– A Miss Hunter. I met her sister in Berlin. – Is she nice?
很漂亮,我是说妹妹
Very. I mean the sister.
哪个妹妹?
Which sister?
留在柏林的那个
The one that stayed in Berlin.
那在伦敦的,就不那么漂亮了
Then the one in London is not so nice, I take it.
– 不漂亮 – 明白了
– No. – I see.
我这里有十八间房♥,一群懒到极点的工人
Now, listen, Clive. I have 18 rooms here, a bone-idle staff eating their heads off,
你从南非回来时
and when you come home from South Africa,
– 你直接去你的俱乐部 – 我知道,很不好
– you go straight to your club. – I know, it’s awful.
记住,无论你做什么
I want you to remember that whatever you do,
无论你在哪里,这里永远是你的家
and wherever you are, you’ve always got a home here…
无论你猎到什么东西,这里都有地方放
and, whatever you shoot, there’s always room for them here, too.
看有多大地方
Look how much room there is.
(枪声)
(Gunshot)
(枪声)
(Gunshot)
(枪声)
(Gunshot)
(枪声)
(Gunshot)
(枪声)
(Gunshot)
(枪声)
(Gunshot)
(枪声)
(Gunshot)
(猎号♥)
(Hunting horn)
(枪声)
(Gunshot)
(枪声)
(Gunshots)
(机♥枪♥声)
(Machine-gun fire)
(重炮声)
(Heavy artillery fire)
(炮火)
(Shellfire)
这里是死牛十字路口
This is Dead Cow Crossroads, sir.
问题是,那是双塔的教堂
The question is whether that’s the church with the double tower
还是桥头酒馆
or the Estaminet du Pont.
该死,默多克
Damn it, Murdoch,
你该知道路的
you’re supposed to know the road.
晚上我就知道,白天看起来不同
I know it at night, sir. In the daytime it looks different.
嗯?闻到什么了
Eh? Got a scent?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!