我们完全献身于魔术
two young men devoted to an illusion
从没有想要伤害任何人
two young men who never intended to hurt anyone.
谁有胆量上台绑住这位美女
Which of you brave souls is willing to bind this lovely young woman?
绑住她的手腕
If you would tie her wrists
绑住她的腿 脚踝也要绑紧
bind her feet around the ankle.
你们是水手吗?
Are either of you two gentlemen sailors?
-不是 -不是
-No. -No.
我想你们打的结应该都很紧
I’m sure you can both tie a strong knot.
他太自满 毫无创意 又无趣
He’s complacent,he’s predictable,he’s boring.
米尔顿很成功
Milton has gotten success,whatever that means
但现在他很没种 不敢再冒任何风险
so now he’s scared. He won’t take any risks at all.
他耍二流把戏
He’s squandering the goodwill of his audience with tired
-糟蹋观众的热情 -大家爱看这些把戏
-second-rate tricks…-They’re all favorites.
拜托 让我试些新魔术吧 他甚至不敢尝试”接子弹”
Give me something fresh. He won’t even try a bloody bullet catch.
“接子弹”是自杀
A bullet catch is suicide.
要是志愿者放钮扣进去就死定了
All it takes is some smartass volunteer to put a button in the barrel.
-那就用暗桩 -不能每个魔术都用暗桩
-Use a plant. -You can’t for every trick.
-不然客人就没位置坐了 -好吧 不表演”接子弹”
-No seats left for the punters. -All right,no bullet catch
重点是好魔术师会不断创新戏法
whatever,but the point is a real magician tries to invent something new
让其他魔术师想破脑袋
that other magicians will scratch their heads over.
然后你就能靠它小赚一笔
Then you sell it to him for a small fortune.
-什么 -我猜你有惊人绝技啰?
-What? -I suppose you have such a trick?
-没错 -你能卖♥♥给我吗?
-I sure do. -Would you care to sell it to me?
不行 只有我做得到
No. No one else can do my trick.
-每个魔术都能被模仿 对吧? -错了
-Any trick can be duplicated. -Wrong.
如果波登发明了他的杰作
If Mr. Borden has invented his masterpiece
大概只有他有办法演出
he’s prepared to do it.
米尔顿很会作秀 但波登说得对
Milton is a showman,but Borden is right
米尔顿不肯冒险
he won’t get his hands dirty.
想看真正的魔术就去天利剧院
If you want to see what it takes to make real magic go to the Tenley.
有位中国魔术师很厉害
There’s a Chinaman there and he really has what it takes.
-他叫钟林苏 -门票太贵 我看不起
-Chung Ling Soo. -I can’t afford that.
我认识看门的家伙
I know the bloke run the door.
你们俩去看吧
You two go and see that show,
谁看出他的金鱼缸戏法窍门
and whichever one of you can tell me
就有奖赏
how he does the goldfish bowl trick gets the prize.
-什么奖赏? -在我的老朋友艾克曼面前
-Which is? -Ten minutes onstage
试演一段魔术
with my old friend,Mr. Ackerman.
-真的假的? -艾克曼是谁?
-Really? -Who’s Ackerman?
伦敦的顶尖经纪人
The top theatrical agent in London.
我看到你绳结没打好
I saw you drop the knot again.
-我的手腕动了一下 -你一直没搞懂 是吧?
-I turned my wrists. -Some nights you just don’t get it,do you?
要是绳结松掉 茱莉亚就会摔断腿
I mean,if that knot slips and Julia’s on the hoist she’ll break her leg.
你教的绳结有问题 我说过 蓝氏结比较牢固
It’s the wrong knot. Like I said,the Langford double will hold tighter.
蓝氏结不能碰到水 太危险了
The Langford double isn’t a wet knot. It’s too dangerous.
要是绳子膨胀她就无法松绑
If the rope swells,she can’t slip it.
-我可以在水底松脱蓝氏结 -她做得到 可以练习
-I can slip a Langford underwater. -We can practice.
波登 他说不行
Borden,he said no.
你对绳结懂得比我多吗?
You know knots better than me?
听好 不准再出错
Listen,no more mistakes.
是吗? 你想取代我?
All right. Yeah? Do you? You want to take over?
-你走吧 -想都别想
-Just leave. -I didn’t think so.
-柯特 他打哪儿来的? -你打哪儿来的?
-Hey,Cutter,where’s he from? -Where are you from?
-他以前帮魔术师佛吉搬道具 -你不担心他偷学你的魔术?
-He shifts props for Virgil at the hall. -Worried he’ll steal your tricks?
-他只想创造全新魔术 -你怎么知道?
-Doesn’t deal in methods. -How do you know?
我雇他去偷学佛吉的柳橙戏法
Because I hired him to find out how Virgil does the orange trick.
-我不信任他 -他是天生魔术师
-I don’t trust him. -He’s a natural magician.
当然不能信任
‘Course you can’t trust him.
我觉得波登没问题
I think he’s all right.
-你觉得大家都没问题 -连你也一样
-You think everyone’s all right. -Even you.
安杰 注意一点 就连我都看得到你亲老婆的腿
Watch your sightlines. If I can see you kiss your wife’s leg every night
前排的观众一定也看得到
so can the blokes at the ends of rows three and four!
-你错了 不可能 -错不了
You’re wrong. It can’t be.
-你看看他 -这就是他的秘诀
-Look at the man. -This is the trick.
这是他的表演 难怪没人看穿他的秘密
This is the performance. Right here. This is why no one can detect his method.
他对魔术完全奉献
Total devotion to his art.
彻底自我牺牲 你懂吗?
A lot of self-sacrifice. You know?
这是扬名立万的唯一方法
It’s the only way to escape all this
好吧
you know
这很难夹起来 而且还没有装水
I can barely lift this thing and it’s not even filled with water.
也没有金鱼 你看
Or fish,look.
我不确定行不行 等一下
I don’t know. Hang on a second.
他一定壮得跟条牛一样
He must be strong as an ox.
这么多年来他一直假装跛脚?
He’s been pretending to be a cripple for years.
每次他出门面对大众都得装
Any time he’s in public,any time he goes out.
不可思议
It’s unthinkable.
有一次波登看到他露出马脚 我没办法这样
Borden saw it at once. But I couldn’t fathom it.
很难想像花一辈子去假装别人
Living my whole life pretending to be someone else.
-你是在假装啊 -换个名字并不算吧
-You are pretending. -I don’t think changing a name compares.
你也换了身分和来历
Not your name. Who you are and where you’re from.
因为我答应不能败坏家人名声
I promised I wouldn’t embarrass my family with my theatrical endeavors.
我帮你想到一个艺名
I thought of a name for you.
魔术大♥师♥丹顿
The Great Danton.
你喜欢吗?
Do you like it?
-这名字很炫 -那是法国人名
-But it’s sophisticated. -It’s French.
波登觉得只有他了解魔术的本质
Borden writes as if no one but he understood the true nature of magic.
但是他不了解自我牺牲
But what does he know of self-sacrifice?
你这笨蛋
You bloody fool.
-他杀了小鸟 -怎么了?
-He killed it. -It’s OK.
-小鸟死了 -没有啦
-He killed it. -He didn’t.
瞧 他会把他变回来
Look,now he’ll bring it back.
不 他杀了小鸟
No,he killed it.

No,he didn’t.
看到没? 他没事 他很好
Look,see,he’s all right. He’s fine.
-看到没 -那他的兄弟呢?
-Look at him. -But where’s his brother?
你儿子真是聪明
He’s a sharp lad,your son.
他是我外甥
Oh,he’s my nephew.
算你今天走运
You’re the lucky one today.
你在仔细看吗?
Are you watching closely?
看清楚了
Look closer.
绝对不要揭穿谜底
Never show anyone.
他们会求你 奉承你 一旦你说出来
They’ll beg you and flatter you for the secret,but as soon as you give it up
你就没有利用价值了
you’ll be nothing to them.
懂吗? 一文不值
You understand? Nothing.
魔术的秘密没啥了不起 变魔术的技巧才重要
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
-谢谢你请客 波登先生 -不客气
-Well,thank you for lunch,Mr. Borden. -You’re welcome.
-艾佛 叫我艾佛 -艾佛
-Alfred,it’s Alfred. -Alfred.
我很想进去喝杯茶
So I could use a cup of tea.
我怕房♥东说闲话 最好不要
I can’t allow…It’s the landlord. It’s not…
你以为这样我就进不去?
You think that’s…Is that enough to keep me out?
我想是吧
I think so.
我们会再见面吧?
So I’ll see you again?
牛奶或糖?
Milk and sugar?
-那是什么东西? -安杰的机关
-What’s in there? -Angier’s machine.
这是你打造的吗?
You built this,Mr. Cutter?
不 这不是魔术师打造的
Oh,no,sir. This wasn’t built by a magician.
这是天才的杰作
This was built by a wizard.
他能让魔术师的戏法成真
A man who can actually do what magicians pretend to do.
法官大人 这些道具会怎么处理?
Tell me,Your Honor,what happens with these things after the trial?
卖♥♥给卡德洛爵士
They’ve been sold to a Lord Caldlow.
他对这案子很有兴趣
An avid collector,very interested in the case.
千万别让他拿走这样东西
Yeah. Well,don’t let him take this.
-为什么? -太危险了
-Why ever not? -It’s too dangerous.
它只是造型很炫 但功能很简单
I’m sure beneath its bells and whistles it’s got a simple and disappointing trick.
的确是简单得令人失望
The most disappointing of all,sir.
因为这不是魔术
It has no trick.
这是真的
It’s real.
-这就是淹死安杰的水箱? -是的
-This is the tank Angier drowned in? -Yes.
这就是机关 魔术师的手穿过这里打开假锁
This is the place where the performer’s hand reaches through to the trick padlock.
标准的魔术脱逃机关?
A standard magical apparatus for escapes?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!