Someone who knows it wasn’t your fault.
波登绑错结 害死茱莉亚
Someone who knows Alfred Borden and his repertoire of exotic knots.
我听说他表演接子弹出了差错
I hear he had a spot of bad luck catching a bullet south of the river.
那一招本来就很危险
That’s a dangerous trick,that one.
我们得把窗户刷白
We’ll have to whitewash the windows
不要让好奇的行人看进来
confound the more curious members of the public,but it will do.
-我们先得找一名助手 -我已经找到了
-We should see about an assistant. -I’ve made some arrangements.
你想好艺名了吗?
You settled on a name?
想好了 魔术大♥师♥丹顿
Yes I have. The Great Danton.
似乎有点老派?
It’s a bit old-fashioned,isn’t it?
不 这对我意义非凡
No,it’s sophisticated.
大家都看过这招鸟笼魔术
The birdcage can’t be our climax. Everybody knows it.
-他们没看过这一招 -我不想杀鸽子
-Not like this. -I don’t want to kill doves.
那就别干这行 魔术师不是巫师
Then stay off the stage. You’re a magician,not a wizard.
你想成功 就得杀生
You got to get your hands dirty,if you’re going to achieve the impossible.
这边请 温小姐
In here,Miss Wenscombe.
要是塞不进去你就白来了
No point in meeting Mr. Angier if you don’t fit.
站右边
On the right.
这有什么难?
What’s so hard about this?
并不难 你要躺在下面
Nothing.You’re going…down here.
握住它 这要绕到另一边
-这样就能隐藏鸟笼? -没错 当然
-And this will conceal,right? -Oh,sure.
-好了吗? -好了
把这个别在下面
-Tighten up on there. -Yep.
这绑在这里?
This ties up here?
-这绑在前面 -很好
-Ties in the back. -Good.
尽量憋住气
Breathe as little as possible.
看到没? 它会被压扁
Now,you see?
-我懂了 -好
-That’s it. -OK.
她没经验 不过很会秀自己
She’s not experienced,but she knows how to present herself.
美丽的女助手最能转移注意力
A pretty assistant is the most effective form of misdirection.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
各位 最后的魔术表演
Ladies and gentlemen,for my final trick
需要两名志愿者
I will require the assistance of two volunteers.
梅老板 麻烦你
Mr. Merrit,if you would oblige me?
用手盖住
Yep.
底下?
Under?
绕住他的脚
Under,yeah. Come around his foot.
-小心点 -他没问题
-Careful. -It’s all right.
一名志愿者把手放这里
-Your volunteer,put their hand there. -Yeah?
另一名放在那里
And another one here.
梅老板 把手放在鸟笼的两侧
If you’ll place your hands on either side of the cage,please.
谢谢你 奥莉薇雅
Thank you,Olivia.
你最好别…
You best not…
-伤害小动物 安杰 -当然不会
-be intending to hurt this animal,Mr. Angier. -Of course not.
准备好了吗?
Ready? Right.
一…
One…
二…
Two…
-三… -变
-Three.
太惊人了
That’s bloody marvelous,Cutter.
太棒了
Very nice.
最棒的是…
And the best part is…
我以为我得杀生
I thought you said I had to get my hands dirty.
将来也许 我只想确定你行不行
Someday,perhaps you will. I just had to know that you can.
很不错 真的很棒
Very nice. Very nice,indeed.
谢谢你 你的剧院也很棒
I haven’t had the chance to compliment you on your beautiful theater.
坐满了观众会更棒
It’ll be a lot more beautiful when it’s full.
-别担心 -你们都这么说
-Don’t worry. -You all say that. Why should I worry?
我才不担心 你不行我换人就是了
If your tricks don’t get them in,somebody else’s will.
或许有人愿意接子弹或水底脱逃
Maybe somebody willing to do a bullet catch or a water escape?
那是洒狗血的技俩
Cheap thrills,Mr. Merrit.
大家只想看发生意外
People hoping for an accident,likely to see one too.
那对你的生意有什么好处?
What would that do for your business?
-给你一个星期 约翰 -谢谢你 梅老板
-You got a week,John. -Thank you,Mr. Merrit.
(魔术大♥师♥丹顿)
谢谢
Thank you.
那位先生 第三排
Uh…Sir,in the third row there.
请站起来让大家看你的手帕
Please stand up and show us your handkerchief.
这不是我的
This isn’t mine.
请你把手帕还给第二排的女士
Perhaps you’d return it to the lady in the aisle of the second row.
我相信她有你的手帕
I believe she has yours.
谢谢
Thank you
抱歉 我一直出错
I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I’m making so many mistakes.
我好紧张
I’m so nervous.
观众好像没什么反应
The audience doesn’t seem to be responding.
我保证下一个魔术他们从没看过
They’ve seen a lot of tricks before but not this next one.
拿一块布遮住
Cloth over.
-祝我好运 -我会准备香槟庆祝
-Keep your fingers crossed. -I’ll have the champagne ready.
-你们看过这一招? -老套了
-You’ve seen this one before? -We’ve seen them all before.
那我就让它更具挑战性
I’ll make it a little harder then,shall I?
我要两位志愿者 一男一女跟我一起握住鸟笼
Two volunteers,please. A lady and a gentlemen To hold this cage with me.
我要表演前所未有 世界首创
I’ll perform this feat in a manner never before seen by yourselves
无人见识过的全新魔术
or any other audience anywhere in the world.
一只手放后面 另一只放前面
Madame,place one hand on the back of the cage one hand on the front
先生 一只手放底下 另一只放上面
Sir,one hand on the bottom of the cage one hand on the top.
-我早该认出他来 -你忙着表演
-I should’ve spotted him. -You had a lot of plates going.
-他们不会让我再秀这一招了 -没错
-Don’t suppose we can do this again. -No.
-那要用哪一招当压轴? -压轴? 你没得表演了
-So,what’s the climax of our show? -Show? You don’t have a show.
梅老板 我们的合约是一星期
We have a week’s engagement.
我要你变魔术 不是杀小鸟或折断客人手指
To perform magic not butcher birds and break my customers’ fingers.
卷铺盖滚蛋 不然就全烧掉
Clear out,anything here in the morning gets burned.
没得谈了
It’s done,John.
我找了个谐星 你知道我最讨厌谐星
I’ve hired a comedian. You know I hate comedians.
好吧 好剧院多得是
Well,there’s plenty of good theaters.
我们找个新魔术 换个艺名…
If we can come up with a new trick,change the name of the act.
我不换艺名
The name stays.
好吧 不过新魔术一定要很炫
Right,well,then the new trick’s gonna have to be irresistible then.
我还有好几招可以试
I have a couple of methods to try out.
但要有新的表现方式
And then we need a new angle on the presentation.
如果你要找灵感
And if you need some inspiration
皇家亚伯厅本周有个科技展
there’s a technical exposition at the Albert Hall this week.
工程师 科学家都会去
Engineers,scientists,you know?
这些事物吸引大众的好奇心
That sort of thing captures the public’s imagination.
我能坐这儿吗? 泰斯拉在暴风雨时派我来
Mind if I join you? Tesla sends me down here during the storms.
是陪丹顿大♥师♥喝一杯的好借口
Perfect excuse to come join the Great Danton for a drink.
来两杯
Two of them.
这雨下得真好 我好想念纽约
Beautiful,isn’t it? God,I miss New York,though.
-你来这里干嘛? -这里有闪电 而且人烟稀少
-Why are you here? -The lightning lives here And not much else.
我们的工作是秘密
Our work is secret.
这是字谜吗?
That a cipher?
这本日记每天都换字母密♥码♥
A rotating transposition that shifts every day of the diary.
看似简单 就算有字母密♥码♥ 解码也会花很多时间
Simple but time-consuming to translate,even with the five-letter keyword.
密♥码♥是什么?
Which is?
我们魔术师有道义要保密
We magicians have a circle of trust.
你偷别人的日记也叫道义?
You have a circle of trust with someone whose diary you stole?
搞不好我是用买♥♥的
Maybe I bought it.
你想从里面找出秘密
And you’re hoping to find a great secret in there?
我找到了 所以才来这里
I’ve already found it. That’s why I’m here.
泰斯拉替一名魔术师做了机关
Tesla built one for another magician.
-你干嘛要同样的东西? -这是同行间的较劲
-Why would you want the same thing? -Call it a professional rivalry.
泰斯拉专门帮怪人做古怪的机关
Mr. Tesla has built unusual machines for unusual people.
但我们不会说出去的
But he would never talk about it.
没问题 我只想要那台机关
I understand discretion. I just want the machine.
把酒干了
Finish your drink.
我带你去看样东西
I want to show you something.
你会很佩服我们的工作
I think you’ll have a special appreciation for our work.
-我以为那是秘密 -你是魔术师
-I thought it was a secret. -You’re a magician.
谁会相信你说的话?
Who’s gonna believe you?
就快到了
Not long now.
我们的装备需要大量的电力
Our equipment requires a great deal of current.
泰斯拉替全镇提供电力 交换条件是使用发电机的权利
Tesla electrified the whole town in exchange for using the generators when we need them.
我们趁镇民睡着时做实验
We do our tests when the townspeople are asleep.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!