他们从那边的小径离开了
rode on up through that pass.
他们为什么会这样做 伊森
How come they’d do that, Ethan?
我去看看 跟着其他人
I’ll take a look. Keep after the others.
你要我们开枪 以防…
If you want us to fire…
不 别开枪 别打草惊蛇
No, nor build bonfires, nor beat drums.
我在另一头跟你们碰面
I’ll meet you on the far side.
快点
Move!
你要喝水吗 伊森
Do you want some water, Ethan?
足迹一路延伸到那里
The trail leads over there.
他们为什么突然分开
Why’d they break off?
峡谷里有水吗
Was there water in that canyon?
没有水
No water.
你没事吧 伊森
Are you all right, Ethan?
我没事
I’m all right.

Hei
你的外套跑到哪里去了 你把它弄丢了吗
What happened to your coat? Did you lose it?
应该是吧
I must have.
但我不想回去找外套
But I’m not going back for it!
我发现他们了
I found ’em!
我发现露西了
I found Lucy!
他们在半里远处扎营
They’re camped a half-mile over.
我回来时看到他们的烟
I was swinging back and I saw their smoke.
他们就在山脊的侧面
Bellied up a ridge, and there they were,
就在我的下方
right below me.
-你看到黛比了吗 -不 但我看到露西了
-Did you see Debbie? -No, but I saw Lucy all right.
她穿着蓝色洋装…
She was wearing that blue dress…
你看到的人不是露西
What you saw wasn’t Lucy.
-但真的是她 我真的看到了 -你看到的是…
-Oh, but it was… -What you saw was a buck…
穿着露西洋装的印第安小子
…wearin’ Lucy’s dress.
我在峡谷里发现露西
I found Lucy back in the canyon.
我用外套把她包了起来
I wrapped her in my coat.
亲手埋了她
Buried her with my own hands.
我想我最好别告诉你
I thought it best to keep it from you.
他们…
Did they…
-她…-你要我怎么做
-Was she…? -What do you want me to do?
画张图给你 告诉你详情
Draw you a picture? Spell it out?
别再问我了
Don’t ever ask me!
你这辈子都别再问我了
As long as you live, don’t ever ask me more!
布莱德 我真的很遗憾
Brad. I’m awful sorry, Brad.
布莱德 等一下
Brad. Wait a minute!
等一下 快回来 布莱德
Get back here, Brad!
布莱德 快回来
Brad! Get back here!
你为什么不说
Why don’t you say it?
我们累了 你知道的
We’re beaten, and you know it.

No.
现在回头毫无意义
Our turnin’ back don’t mean nothin’.
如果你将眼光放远的话
Not in the long run.
如果她还活着 应该很平安
If she’s alive, she’s safe.
暂时是的 他们会留下她
For a while, they’ll keep her and they’ll
将她视如己出抚养长大
raise her as one of their own until
直到她成熟到可以…
she’s of an age to…
你觉得我们还
Do you think maybe there’s a chance
有机会找到她吗
we still might find her?
印第安人会追一样东西
An Indian will chase a thing till
直到他觉得他追够了为止
he thinks he’s chased it enough.
然后他会放弃
Then he quits.
逃亡时也是一样
Same way when he runs.
看起来他永远都不知道
Seems like he never learns there’s such a thing as…
有人会坚持要继续找他
…a critter who’ll just keep coming on.
最后我们一定会找到他们的 我跟你保证
So we’ll find ’em in the end. I promise you.
我们会找到他们的
We’ll find ’em…
即使我们得追到世界的尽头
…just as sure as the turnin’ of the earth!
-伊森 -你好
-Hi, Ethan. -Hello, sir.
-马丁 -你好吗
-Hi, Marty. -How are you, sir?
马丁
Marty!
你收到我寄给你关于你儿子布莱德的信吗
You got my letter about your son, Brad?
对 大概是一年前的现在吧
Yeah. Just about this time a year ago.
伊森 这个国家…
Oh, Ethan, this country…
马丁
Marty?
马丁·波利
Martin Pawley!
或许他忘记你了
Him? Probably forgotten all about you,
或许他根本想不起你的名字
Probably can’t even call your name to mind!
她叫做罗丽
Her name is Laurie.
但我忘了她有多么漂亮
But I fairly forgot just how pretty she was.
伊森
Ethan.
黛比有消息吗
What about Debbie?
你在做什么
Hey, what are you doin’ anyway?
别把那个拿走
Don’t go taking that stuff!
它已经不能补了
Well, it ain’t worth the mending.
你的脸怎么会这么红
What are you gettin’ so red in the face about?
我有兄弟的
I got brothers, ain’t I?
对 我不是你的兄弟
Yeah, well, I ain’t one of them.
听着 马丁·波利 我是个女人
Look here, Martin Pawley, I’m a woman.
女人一辈子得帮男人洗脏衣服跟补衣服
We women wash and mend your dirty clothes all your lives.
你们小时候我们还得帮你们洗澡
When you’re little, we even wash you!
我真的不了解
How you can ever make out to be bashful
你干嘛在女人面前这么害羞
in front of a woman, I’ll never know.
听你的语气
You talk like a fella
好像你常看到裸奔的伐木工人
just might as well run around naked.
就算真的看到我也无所谓
It wouldn’t bother me none.
如果我是你
Sure wouldn’t try it
我不会在爸爸面前那么做
in front of Pa, though, if I was you!
我们一直追踪他们直到暴风雪来袭
We kept trackin’em till the blizzards hit.
后来我们失去他们的踪影
Then we lost their trail.
我不必说我们去了哪里
Don’t need to tell you where we went
理查森堡 温盖特 柯伯
Fort Richardson, Wingate, Cobb…
阿纳达科处
Anadarko Agency
问题是 我们不知道
Trouble is, we don’t know
他们在战争中站在哪一边
which band the war party belonged to.
你已经尽力了 伊森
Well, you did all a body could, Ethan.
我害你儿子被杀
I got your boy killed.
你千万别自责
Don’t go blamin’ yourself for that.
是这个国家杀死了我儿子
It’s this country that killed my boy.
-对 我得告诉你 伊森…-拉尔斯
-Yes, by golly, I tell you Ethan… -Now, Lars,
我们刚好是德州人
it just so happens we’d be Texicans.
德州人就得奋斗求生存
A Texican is nothing but a human man way out on a limb.
不论是今年或明年
This year and next…
或许再过一百年
Maybe for a hundred more.
但我不觉得情况永远会这么惨
But I don’t think it will be forever.
有一天这国家会变的很美好
Some day this country’s gonna be a fine good place to be.
或许到时
Maybe it needs our bones
我们已经化成了白骨
in the ground before that time can come.
该睡觉了
Bedtime.
以前她是老师
She was a schoolteacher.
妈 马丁的衣服都不能穿了
Ma, Marty’s drawers is a sight.
能拿布莱德的衣服
Would it be all right if we give him
给他穿吗
some of Brad’s things?
当然 他的衣服在奶奶的柜子里
Of course. They’re in Grandma’s chest.
伊森 你们就睡工棚
Ethan, you’re going to sleep in the bunkhouse.
天啊 那封信
My God! The letter!
在瑞典柜子里
In the chest!
伊森 这是去年冬天寄来给你的信
It came for you, Ethan, last winter.
是查理麦考瑞送来的
Charlie McCorry brought it.
我要找查理麦考瑞送来的那封信…
I’m looking for that letter, Charlie MacCorry…
就是这里了
That you are in
在这里 天啊 我都忘了
Here it is. By golly, I forgot.
对不起
Excuse me.
乔根森太太 快来看看这个
Mrs. Jorgensen. Take a look at this.
只是一片印花棉布
Just a snip of calico.
你看过吗
Ever see it before?

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章醉乡民谣
下一篇文章火星任务
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!