had had enough of Donald Rumsfeld.
我退出
I’m out.
他们要送我去布鲁塞尔
They’re sending me to Brussels.
什么
What?
尼克松任命我为北约常驻大使
Nixon is making me permanent ambassador to NATO.
或者他说
Or as he called it…
这他妈的是一个任务
It’s a fuck-off assignment.
基辛格和霍尔德曼赢了
Kissinger and Haldeman won.
你为什么不和我一起去
Why don’t you come with me?
唐 我有一个四岁和一个七岁的孩子
I got a four and a seven-year-old, Don.
告诉唐我们哪也不去
Tell Don we are not moving
只是因为白宫的每个人都恨他
just because everyone at the White House hates him.
好孩子
Good boy!
这几年我教得很好
I taught you well these past couple of years.
对不起 唐
I’m sorry, Don.
真的对不起
I really am.
别担心
Don’t worry.
我就像臭虫
I’m like bedbugs.
你得烧掉床垫才能摆脱我
You’ll have to burn the mattress to get rid of me.
迪克作为华盛顿的内部人士
Dick was becoming sharper and sharper
变得越来越敏锐了
as a D.C. insider.
而琳妮开始写文章
And Lynnie had started to write articles
并思索她第一部小说的点子
and explore ideas for her first novel.
迪克
Dick.
然后她收到卡斯帕家里的消息
Then she received news from back home in Casper.
上帝是我的牧人
The Lord is my shepherd.
我不会想要的
I shall not want.
琳妮的母亲埃德娜
Lynne’s mother Edna,
一辈子都不碰水
who had avoided the water her whole life,
却在当地的卡斯帕湖被发现溺水
was found drowned in the local Casper lake.
正义之路
…paths of righteousness.
他们说她和韦恩 琳妮的爸爸
They said her and Wayne, Lynne’s dad,
一小时前发生了一场激烈的争吵
had had a nasty argument an hour before.
她不会游泳 迪克
She doesn’t swim, Dick.
– 我妈妈不游泳 – 发生了什么事
-My mother doesn’t swim. -What happened?
她从不游泳 我不 我不知道
She never swam. I don’t– I don’t know.
她从不游泳 然后
She just never swims, and then…
对于琳妮妈妈的死
There was never a serious investigation
没有进行过任意一个认真的调查
into Lynne’s mom’s death.
你想看我在这里倒立吗
You wanna see me do a handstand right here?
– 不 不要 爸爸 爸爸 – 我可以在这里做
No. Don’t. Dad. Dad. -I can do it right here.
她们越来越大了
They’re getting so big.
你会没事的 爸爸
You’re gonna be all right, Dad.
– 她们是大姑娘了
Yeah. Yeah. -They’re big girls.
天哪 爸爸
God, Dad…
听着 在这之后我们应该
So listen, after this we should…
我们该怎么办 我们去买♥♥点吃的好吗
What should we do? Should we go get some food?
女孩们
Girls…
迪克 他们说也许
Dick, they were saying maybe–
你为什么不上车
Why don’t you go to the car?
来吧 姑娘们 让我们听听你父亲的话 好吗
Come on, girls, let’s listen to your father, all right?
他们越来越漂亮了 迪克 真是太神奇了
They’re gettin’ so beautiful, Dick. It’s amazing.
– 只是
-Mmm. -Just…
你抓到鱼了吗
You catching any fish?
你还好吗 迪克
How are you, Dick?
华盛顿的情况好吗
Things going good in D.C.?
不要再接近我的女儿或妻子
Don’t ever go near my daughters or my wife again.
大人物
Big shot!
华盛顿的大人物 迪克
“Big shot in D.C.” Dick.
先生
Sir?
谢谢
Thanks. -Mm-hmm.
那么 你们找到了什么
So, uh, what do you got?
第八页
Page eight.
哈桑·穆斯塔法·纳萨尔
Hassan Mustafa Nasr,
意大利米兰的牧师
a cleric based in Milan, Italy.
他是伊♥斯♥兰♥半岛的一员
He’s a member of al-Gama’a al-Islamiyya,
杀死安瓦尔·萨达特的组织
the group that killed Anwar Sadat.
那是盲人酋长 对吧
That’s the blind sheikh, right?
在兰利有些争论
There’s some debate at Langley
这取决于他们是否有威胁
on whether they’re a threat or not.
他们现在要求和平
They claim to be peaceful now.
我要求要吃的健康
I claim to be eating healthy.
好吧
Okay.
去把他带过来
Go pick him up.
下一个名字是什么
What’s the next name?
哦 副总统先生
Well, Mr. Vice President,
这有一些唠叨关于 额 额
there’s been some chatter about, uh, uh…
一个来自柏林的工程师学生
an engineering student from Berlin…
我从没半途而废
I have never been a quitter.
在我的项目完成之前离开办公室
To leave office before my term is completed
我身体里的每一种本能都厌恶这样
is abhorrent to every instinct in my body.
但是作为总统
But as president…
我必须把美国的利益放在第一位
I must put the interests of America first.
美国需要一个全职总统
America needs a full-time president.
尼克松忘记了声控录音机
Nixon forgot about the voice-activated recorders.
他变得马虎了
He got sloppy.
总统受到惩罚了吗
Is the president being punished?
不 不 总统有好多敌人
No, no. The president has a lot of enemies.
请接布鲁塞尔
Brussels, please.
你要记住 丽兹
You need to remember, Lizzie–
接下来几个月里为我个人辩护的斗争
The fight in the months ahead for my personal vindication…
如果你有权利 人们总是试图从你手中夺走它
…that if you have power, people will always try to take it from you.
总是这样
Always.
-是的 -是的 妈妈
-Yeah. -Yes, ma’am.
你记住了
You remember that.
请接唐纳德·拉♥姆♥斯♥菲♥尔♥德♥
Donald Rumsfeld, please.
这是一场悲剧
This is a tragedy.
这是我们的总统
That is our president.
这太荒谬了
This is ridiculous.
我认为这确实是一个非常非常好的新闻
I actually think this could be very, very good news.
在我看来 任何与水门无关的共和党人
The way I see it, any Republican not touched
现在前途都是光明的
by Watergate is golden right now.
很好 在我的飞机起飞前 福特给我打过电♥话♥
Nice. Well, Ford called me before my plane took off,
我想我们已经在其中了
and I think we’re in.
哦 还开着这个少女杀手啊 哈
Oh, still driving this chick magnet, huh?
你总是坐公共汽车
You can always take the bus.
因此
Therefore…
我将辞去总统职务
I shall resign the presidency,
明天中午生效
effective at noon tomorrow.
福特副总统将宣誓就职
Vice President Ford will be sworn in
作为那时的总统
as president at that hour…
那计划是什么
So what’s the plan?
好吧 计划是接管这个该死的地方
Well, the plan is to take over the damn place.
是谁在你屁♥股♥下面生火的
Who lit a fire under your ass?
唐 我好久没翻牌了
I haven’t flipped cards for a long time, Don.
他们把那该死的白宫的钥匙给了我
They gave me the keys to the damn palace.
参谋长
Chief of Staff.
天啊
Holy shit.
你这个臭婊♥子♥养♥的♥
You salty son of a bitch.
你做到了
You did it.
对 我们有事做了
All right, we have work to do.
基辛格正试图与苏联握手言和
Kissinger is trying to kiss and make up with the Soviets.
好吧 让我们确保这件事不会发生
Well, let’s make sure that shit doesn’t happen.
是啊
Yeah.
如果可以的话 我相信我有办法
If I may, I believe I may have a way
在俄♥罗♥斯♥的水面上划桨
to put an oar in the water on Russia.
如果我们创造
What if we create–
总统先生
Mr. President.
等等 亨利 让我们听听迪克说的
Hold on, Henry, let’s hear Dick out.
迪克·切尼的超级大国之一
One of Dick Cheney’s special superpowers
有能力想出

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!