for the working man
带上 呃…
and bring, uh…
高♥瞻♥远瞩
…perspicacity to the fore.
我是一个女妖精 我们的 呃 恶魔…
I’m as much a Wyomingite, our, uh, demonym…
废话 废话 废话
Blah, blah, blah.
感谢上帝的指名
Thank God for name recognition.
杰迪戴亚·史密斯
…as Jedediah Smith.
嗯 嗯 够了
Well, um, enough of the horsing around.
当然 这是美国牛仔的工作
Although that is, of course, what, uh, us cowboys do.

Um…
呃 投票给切尼参加国会
Uh, vote for Cheney for Congress.
我不会让你失望的 你可以依靠我
I will not let you down, you can count on me.
还有 呃 谢谢你
And, uh, thank you.
在国会投票给切尼
Vote for, uh, Cheney in Congress.
下次要么他喝酒 要么我喝酒
Either he drinks next time or I do.
是啊
Yeah…
我不想让任何人惊慌
I don’t want anyone to panic,
但是 呃 我觉得我必须去医院
but, uh, I do believe I have to go to the hospital.
现在就去
Now.
是下壁管梗塞
It’s an inferior wall infarct.
但那是可以解决的 对吧
But that, that can be fixed, right?
要我说
If it was up to me,
你最好退出选举
you’d drop out of the election.
但你们都说得很清楚
But you’ve both made that clear
这不是一个选择
that it’s not an option,
所以你必须至少休息两周
so you must have a minimum of two weeks bed rest.
两周后 我们将失去领先优势
Two weeks off, we’ll lose our lead.
我们会不顾死活的
Like hell we will.
迪克·切尼生病了
Dick Cheney has an illness,
所以他今天不能到这里
so he can’t be here today.
但我们找到了他的妻子 她是个可爱的女孩
But we got his wife, and she’s a darn pretty girl.
琳恩·切尼
Lynne Cheney!
你好
Hello…
你好 今天怎么样
Hello, how are you today?
很好 很好 很高兴听到
Good, good, good to hear.
嗯 回到我的家乡真是太好了
Uh, it’s really nice to be back in my home state.
我在怀俄明州长大 但看起来
See, I grew up in Wyoming, but it seems that, uh,
沿着这条线
somewhere along the line,
华盛顿不听
Washington, D.C. stopped listening
像我们这样真实的人说话
to real folks like us
开始只听自♥由♥派势利的人的言论
and started only listening to liberal snobs
他们希望我们所有人都因平权行动而失业
who want us all to lose our jobs to affirmative action.
好了 琳妮
Okay, Lynne. Let’s…
说得对
That’s right.
你知道 我去了纽约
You know, I went to New York City.
纽约市的妇女正在烧胸罩
Women in New York City are burning their bras.
你知道怀俄明州的女人胸罩干什么吗
Well, you know what women in Wyoming do with our bras?
我们穿它们
We wear them.
没错我们穿胸罩
We wear them.
在俄怀明州
Here in Wyoming,
我们相信凡事都有对有错
we believe there is a right and a wrong…
因为我是一个来自俄怀明州的母亲和妻子
Because I’m a mom and a wife from Wyoming
所以我懂物尽其用是什么感觉
and I know how it feels to make every penny count.
我不仅仅是为你们发声
And not only do I speak for you,
也是为了我的丈夫 迪克 切尼
but my husband, Dick Cheney…
改革的狂风
A hard wind of change
横扫了整个美国
had been blowing through America.
民权 罗伊韦德 环境主义
Civil rights,Roe v. Wade, environmentalism,
但这个国家的有些人
but there was a part of the country
对这种改变很反感
that was angry about this change.
多亏了我无所不能的妻子
Thanks to my amazing wife.
很高兴能和你们一起到华盛顿来
It’s good to be joining you all here in D.C.
作为怀俄明州唯一的国会代表
as Wyoming’s sole congressional representative.
然后 有钱人家
And then, big money families
例如科赫家族和库尔斯家族
like the Kochs and the Coors
厌倦了缴纳所得税
that were sick of paying income taxes
来到华盛顿特区
rolled right into Washington, D.C.
开出巨额支票
and started writing fat checks
来资助右翼智囊团
to fund right-wing think tanks…
那将会颠覆
that would change the way
许多美国人看待世界的方式
many Americans looked at the world.
最后 在1980年 这场不太可能的
Finally, in 1980, this unlikely revolution
针对超级富豪和白人保守派掀起的革命
of the super-rich and white conservatives
终于出现了
found its face.
对于那些没有特长的人
For those without skills,
我们会找到办法帮助他们
we’ll find a way to help them get new skills.
对于那些找不到工作机会的人
For those without job opportunities,
我们将创造新的机会
we’ll stimulate new opportunities,
尤其是在他们生活的地区
particularly in the inner cities where they live.
对于那些已经放弃生活希望的人们
For those who’ve abandoned hope,
我们将会重启希望并欢迎他们
we’ll restore hope and we’ll welcome them
加入伟大的国家改革运动
into a great national crusade
让美国再次强大起来
to make America great again.
非常感谢你
Thank you very much.
上帝保佑美国
God bless America.
那是操蛋的上世纪八十年代
It was the fucking 1980s,
那对于迪克切尼来说是段苦日子
and it was a hell of a time to be Dick Cheney.
就众议院第4445号♥法案投票
Vote on H.R.4445,
无法检测武器法案
the Undetectable Firearms Act,
禁止使用可以避开金属探测器的塑料枪
to ban plastic guns that can evade metal detectors.
内伊
Nay.
好吧 谢谢你 切尼议员
Well, thank you, Congressmen Cheney.
我听说你一直是我的盟友
I hear you’ve been quite the ally.
…建立马丁·路德·金日
…establishing Martin Luther King Jr. Day
作为联邦法定节假日
as a federal holiday.
众议院第36♥4♥41号♥法案 濒危物种法
H.R.36♥4♥41, the Endangered Species Act.
T先生就在这里 和第一家人在一起
Mr. T is here, right with the First Family.
投票表决众议院第500号♥法案 水质法
Vote on H.R.500, the Water Quality Act.
投票表决众议院第44…
Vote on H.R.44…
快来人叫救护车
Someone call an ambulance!
我有心脏病 你个蠢货
I’m having a heart attack, you idiot.
谢谢你 亚历克斯 你非常负责…
Thank you, Alex, for your very responsible…
哦 恭喜你
Oh, congratulations.
谢谢您 我非常非常兴奋…
Thank you. I was very, very excited…
谢谢您
Thank you.
不用了 谢谢
No, thank you.
哦 他们都很聪明 但都破产了
Oh, they’re both brilliant but broke.
嘿 迪克
Hey, Dick.
你好 琳恩
Hello, Lynne.
祝贺你的上任啦
Congratulations on your appointment.
哦 好吧 谢谢你 副总统先生
Oh, well, thank you, Mr. Vice President.
你可爱的家人怎么样
How is your lovely family?
我认为我的儿子杰布似乎不适合坐办公室
Well, we think our son Jeb seems cut out for office.
几年后我们可能会寻求你的支持
We may be asking for your endorsements in a few years.
如果他有你一半的魅力 乔治
Well, if he’s half as charming as you are, George,
那么你将得到我们的两张选票
then you’ll have both of our votes.
我能把它写下来吗
can I get that in writing?
哦 是的 当然
Oh, yeah, of course.
迪克 我只是想说谢谢你
Dick, I just want to say thank you
为了让众议院不推♥翻♥
for getting the House not to override
总统对公平原则的否决
the president’s veto on the fairness doctrine.
不 没问题
No, not a problem.
很乐意摆脱任何政♥府♥法规
Happy to get rid of any big government regulations.
谢谢您
Thank you. Great.
公平原则是40年代的法律
The fairness doctrine was a law from the 40s
需要所有广播电视或广播新闻
that required any broadcast TV or radio news
平等地呈现问题的利弊
to present both sides of an issue equally.
它的废除将导致舆♥论♥新闻的兴起
Its repeal would lead to the rise of opinion news.
让我告诉你一件事 你个废物
Let me tell you something, you skinny human prophylactic.
爱是人类唯一无法掩饰的情感
Love is the only human emotion you can’t fake.
除了女人 感谢上帝 她们可以掩饰

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!