Good boy, Come on.
我要你站着别动 乔伊
Whoa. I want you to stay there, Joey.
别动 就是这样
Stay. That’s it.
好孩子 这就对了 你能做到
Good boy. That’s it, you’ve got it.
看啊 阿尔比 他在跟你玩’我们都是木头人’
Hey, look at him, Albie. He’s playing Grandma’s Footsteps.
好吧 乔伊 回去 快点
Right, come on, Joey. Back you go. Come on.
回去 你能做到
Back you go. You’re all right.
就是这样 好孩子
That’s it. Good boy.
好吧 你要待着不动 明白吗
Right. You’ve gotta stay there, understand?
这就对了 好孩子
That’s it. Good boy.
你能行的 好孩子
You’ve got it. Good boy.
好孩子 非常好
Good boy. Good.
现在叫他过来 吹口哨
Now call him. Whistle.
来啊 乔伊
Come now, Joey.
过来
Come on.
现在可以过来了 乔伊
You can come now, Joey.
看来他不喜欢你的猫头鹰叫
Don’t think he fancies your owls.
不 我在一个故事里看过
No, I read it in a story.
原来印第安人就是这么召唤他们的马
It’s how the Indians used to summon their horses.
好了 乔伊
Now, Joey
我一吹口哨 你就过来 明白吗
when I whistle, you’ve gotta come, understand?
我爸爸的一只狗也是这样 叫他没反应
My dad had a dog who stayed when you called him.
不看他就跟在你后面跑
He used to run up behind you when you weren’t looking, and uh…
他不是狗 只是还在学习
He’s not a dog. He’s just puzzling it through.
太棒了
Brilliant. Look at you.
阿尔比
Albie.
这里只有十五块
There’s only fifteen here.
剩下的以后付
The rest will come.
我有权今天就收回你的农场
You know by rights I could take this farm back today,
这你知道吧
don’t you?
而且我认为行使权利是正当的
And I’m a great believer in my rights.
我会付钱
It will come.
如果你少喝点酒 少买♥♥点马
If you drank less beer and bought fewer horses…
你就可以理直气壮了 纳拉克特
…you might be able to look your landlord in the eye, Narracott.
我说了我会还清的
I said I’ll pay you.
我们要开垦下面那块地
We got to plant the bottom field.
那块地硬得很 尽是石头
Bottom field’s rock hard. Only stones down there.
不 我们会开垦出来的
No, we’re going to plow it.
只要让我用到秋天
Just give me till the autumn.
我会连本带利付清所有欠款
I’ll pay every penny I owe you. With interest.
你怎么犁 不会是用那匹漂亮的小马驹吧
How you going to plow it? Not with that fancy animal of yours?
他能做
He’ll do it.
那匹马都没法套上马具 别说拉犁了
You’ll not get that one in a harness, let alone pulling a plow.
而且周二晚上你会喝得烂醉
Even drunk on a Tuesday night, you know that.
这个钱我可等不及 马上要打仗了
And I can’t wait for the money, there’s a war coming.
我保证那块地能开垦出来
I promise you that field will be plowed.
我们会种上萝卜
We’ll plant it with turnips.
有了收成钱全归你
And the money will be yours when harvest comes.
求你了 先生
Please, sir. Please.
好吧 如果那匹骏马能犁地
Very well, if that fancy plows that field…
我把那块地给你用到十月用来还债
I’ll give you till October to set things straight.
如果他犁不了呢
What if he doesn’t?
要是不行 我当天就把那匹马收回
I’ll take the horse on the day he fails.
然后收回你♥爸♥的农场
And I’ll take your father’s farm and give it to working men…
转租给能约束自己不喝酒
…who can hold their pints
在正经人中能抬得起头 努力工作的人
and hold their heads high in decent company.
不 求你了 先生 你不能这样做
No, please. Sir, you can’t do that.
小伙子 你也喝罪了吗
Now, now, now, lad. What, are you bladdered as well?!
泰德·纳拉克特 我已经把你记下了
Ted Narracott, I got you down in my book!
你不能给他上马具
You can’t harness him.
一定要给他套上颈圈
He’s got to be collared.
不行 你吓坏他了 爸爸
No, you can’t. Look, you’re scaring him, Dad.
你吓坏他了 他不能犁地
You’re scaring him. He… He can’t take a plow!
他必须犁地
He’s got to plow!
他做不到 他还太小了
He won’t be able to do it. He’s too young,
连马鞍都没有上过
he’s not even been backed yet…
泰德
Ted!
没事了 孩子 没事了
It’s alright, boy. It’s alright. It’s alright. It’s alright.
我第一眼看到他就知道会出这种事
I knew this would happen soon as I laid eyes on him…
泰德 不
Ted. No.
泰德 不
Ted, no!
他这样对我来说毫无用处
He’s worth nothing to me!
要是不肯犁地 他一个子儿都不值
If he won’t take the collar, he’s not worth a damn thing!
-爸爸 -一边去
– Dad? – Move aside.
爸爸 住手
Dad. Stop.
要是杀了这匹马 我们就一无所有了
You shoot that horse we have nothing.

No!
你说的对 爸爸
You were right what you said, Dad.
他得犁地
He’ll do it,
你跟里昂斯说他会 那他就得会
You told Lyons, He’ll plow that field. And he will!
等着瞧 他会犁给你看
You’ll see. He’ll show you.
我们会犁给你看
We’ll show you.
我们能做到
We’ll get it done.
放下 放下
Let go. Let go.
我们进屋
Go back to the house.
别喝了 有些日子要借酒消愁
Here, here. Some days are best forgotten.
但不是今天 来吧
Today ain’t one of them. Come on.
今天怎么样 乔伊
How are you today, Joey?
人生大道理我懂的不多
I don’t know much about life, boy,
但我知道 有些日子很重要 有些日子无所谓
But I do know that there are big days and there are small days.
大多数日子都无所谓
And most days are small days,
对很多人来说无所谓 但今天
and, well, they don’t matter much to anyone… but this…
今天很重要
Well, this is a big one.
对我们来说是重要的日子
This is our big day.
外面挺冷的 我先把这个脱了
Well, it’s cold out there. So I’m going to take this off…
如果这对你来说很难 对我也不容易
Well, if it’s tough for you, it should be tough for me, too…
现在我要开始教你怎么犁地
Now, I’m gonna teach you how to plow…
你要好好学 明白了吗
…and you’re gonna learn. Is that understood?
那样我们才能在一起
And then we can be together,
我相信命运本该如此
which is how I believe things are meant to be.
孩子 别动
Boy. Steady, boy.
慢慢来 慢慢来
Here we go. Here we go.
来吧
Come on.
别紧张
Easy, easy…
看着我 乔伊 看到了吗
Look at me, Joey. See?
看到了吗
See?
只要把鼻子伸进来
You’ve just gotta put your nose through.
对了
That’s it.
看到了吗 你成功了 你成功了
See? You’ve got it. You’ve got it.
好孩子
Good boy. There…
太大 太多石头 满地草根
Too large, too rocky, matted with grass roots.
即使一匹壮实的犁马也很难独自犁完
Even a sturdy plow horse’d never manage it alone.
但我说 他能行
Yet he will, I say.
要是阿尔伯特跟你说他能长翅膀飞起来
You’d swear he’d sprout wings and fly
你肯定也深信不疑
if Albert had told you so.
虽说你朋友傻乎乎的
It’s a fine thing, loyal to your mate.
可这是匹好马 对他也忠诚
Even if he is a bit barmy.
要是有一个月好天气
A team of two might manage,
两匹马兴许能做完
given a month and good weather.
泰德不敢看了吗
Ted too squeamish to watch, is he?
他肯定在看
Of course he’s watching.
泰德 你把他教成了真正的纳拉克特家人
Well, you’ve raised him up a true Narracott, Ted,
完全就是他爸的翻版
Picture of his father, he is:
不是外表上的相似 而是那种倔强
Not a dollop of ordinary sense but that thick stubbornness…
让他坚持做不可能的事
…that’ll lead him to insist on the impossible.
德文郡的每个农民都敬仰你 我也是其中之一
Wasn’t a farmer in Devon didn’t admire you, myself among them,
把那块好地留给你的兄弟们
Leaving your brothers that fine farm and setting yourself…
自己到这片满是碎石的贫瘠土地耕种
…at this stoney patch of unpromising ground.
你曾身强力壮 能顶二十个小伙儿
You’ve fettled enough for twenty men,
但现在腿瘸了 还嗜酒
But with a gimpy leg and the drinking…
是为了借酒止痛吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!