也许他很生气 又喝了点酒
I don’t know. He’s angry, he’s been drinking,
他想了很久 这很合理
been thinking about it for a while. I can buy that.
那唐钱尼为什么没早点报♥警♥?
So why didn’t Cheney contact us sooner?
我查过了 他有
I checked. He did.
第一起关于李艾伦的报案
First recorded contact with the police department about Allen
来自波蒙纳警局1970年 1月10日他的报案没被注意
was in Pomona. January 10th, 1970. He just got lost in the shuffle.
李有惹毛唐吗? 比如说搞上唐的老婆?
Did Cheney have anything against Allen? Did Allen screw his wife or anything?
我们会全面调查 不过我觉得这家伙有嫌疑
We’re gonna do a full background check. But I got to tell you, I like this guy.
那就采集他的字迹吧
So, let’s pull some handwriting samples.
嗨 莫瑞尔有样本
Hi. I talked to Sherwood. He got the samples.
-你吃什么? -培根生菜蕃茄三明治
-What are you having? -BLT.
支票存根联没用 字迹不够多
So, the check stubs are a wash. There’s not enough handwriting.
申请表的字迹不像黄道带 但是不能证明ue4d1
The application’s got more, but it doesn’t look like Z’s,
他是或不是凶嫌
so he can’t rule him in. But he can’t rule him out, either.
-这么说很含糊 -他需要更多笔迹样本
-Well, that’s vague. -He needs more samples.
还有 这家伙是个变♥态♥ 当梅尔从泉谷镇拿到申请表
Also, our guy is a pervert. When Mel got the application from Valley Springs,
他们说李因为乱摸孩童被开除
they told him that Allen had been fired for touching kids.
-乱摸? -婉转的说法
-Touching? -Polite euphemism.
-你要怎么做? -打几通电♥话♥
-So what do you want to do? -Make some phone calls.
-薯条不吃了吗? -请便
-Are you done with the fries? -Go ahead.
你们看过黄道带的信件拷贝吗?
Did you and Mr. Cheney have a chance to look at the copies of the Zodiac letters we sent you?
-有 有些内容挺变♥态♥的 -我们知道
-Yeah. Some of this stuff is pretty creepy. -Yeah, we know that.
我是说就像李一样变♥态♥
I mean, creepy like Leigh.
他故意拼错字 觉得很有趣
He misspells words like that. He thinks it’s funny.
那么笔迹呢?
What about the handwriting?
我不知道 不是有专家验证吗?
I don’t know. Don’t you have experts for that stuff?
专家说字迹不能证明是同一个人
Our man at Questioned Documents says it’s inconclusive.
也许他用另一只手写字
Maybe he did it with his other hand.
那封信写得太工整 不像是用另一只手写的字
The letters are a little too neat for someone to have written with the wrong hand.
-但是李就可以 对吧? -什么意思?
-But not for Leigh, right. -What do you mean?
他能双手并用 能用双手写字 你们不知道?
He’s ambidextrous. He can write with either hand. Didn’t you guys know that?
平常艾伦都用左手写字
In everyday life, Allen uses his left hand.
填写工作申请表 写信给朋友
Job applications, letters to friends, et cetera.
但是他用右手写黄道带的信
But he writes the Zodiac letters with his right hand
写出不同的笔迹让人无法比对
producing a different handwriting that he can’t be linked to.
-我们得去见这家伙 -他在哪里?
-We got to see this guy, Chief. -Where is he?
瓦列霍 在皮诺尔的油厂工作 他老哥也在那里工作
Vallejo. He works at Union Oil in Pinole. His brother’s up there, too.
两个人都见 记得知会穆拉斯 那里是他的辖区
See them both. Make sure you call Mulanax. It is his backyard.
是啊 河滨市警局就很合作
Oh, right, because that worked so well for us in Riverside.
咱们不计代价乖乖合作
Cooperation, that’s us, at all costs.
(一天后-加州 罗迪欧 1971年8月4日)
你们在这里向他问话
You can talk to him in here.
对了 贩卖♥♥机坏了
Coke machine’s busted, by the way.
我去叫他
I’ll go get him for you.
你们要怎么进行?
So how do you guys wanna do this?
比尔和密告者谈过 他来发问
Well, Bill talked to the informants. He leads, we follow?
我没意见
It’s okay by me.
艾伦先生 我是比尔阿姆斯壮警探
Mr. Allen, I’m Inspector Bill Armstrong.
大卫·陶希警探和杰克·穆拉斯警官
This is Inspector Dave Toschi and Sergeant Jack Mulanax.
我们负责调查发生在旧金山
We’re investigating the Zodiac murders in San Francisco
以及瓦列霍的黄道带杀人事件
and Vallejo.
请坐
Please, sit down.
密告者说你说了一些话
The informant notified us that you made certain statements
就在黄道带命案的十一个月前
11 months prior to the first Zodiac murder.
是真的话 对你很不利
If they’re true, they’re quite incriminating.
-你记得说过关于这些话的吗? -没有
-Do you recall having any such conversation? -No.
听过或看过黄道带的报导吗?
Have you ever read or heard anything about the Zodiac?
刚上报的时候 不过之后我就没再注意了
When it was first in the paper. But I didn’t follow it after those first reports.
为什么?
Why not?
太病态了
Too morbid.
我跟另外一位警官也这么说
I…I told all this to the other officer.
-哪一位警官? -瓦列霍来的警官
-Which other officer? -From Vallejo.
你记得他的名字吗?
Do you remember his name?
不记得 不过就在湖边命案之后
No, but it was right after the murder at the lake.
你跟那位警官说了什么?
And what did you tell this officer?
我说那周末我去了盐岬潜水
I told him that I’d gone to Salt Point that weekend to skin dive.
我一个人去 遇见了一对情侣
That I was alone but I met a couple there.
你们要的话 我家有他们的名字
I have their names at home if you want them.
-那就太好了 亚瑟 -李
-That would be great, Arthur. -Leigh.
-什么? -李 没有人叫我亚瑟
-What? -Leigh. Nobody calls me Arthur.
而且我那天回家 邻居有看见我
Also, that day when I came home, my neighbor saw me.
大约是下午四点吧 不过我忘了跟那位警♥察♥说
It was around 4:00. But I forgot to tell the other officer that.
-邻居的名字? -比利怀特
-Neighbor’s name? -Bill White.
他在一星期后左右去世
He died a week or so afterwards.
心脏病 所以我没有打给警♥察♥
Heart attack. So I didn’t think to call to follow up.
车上沾有血迹的那把刀
The knives I had in my car with the blood on them,
是我准备晚餐时杀鸡的血迹
that blood came from a chicken that I killed for dinner.
-什么? -那个周末我把刀放在车上
-What? -I had knives in my car that weekend.
也许比尔看到才向警方检举我
Maybe Bill saw them and called the other officer on me.
我们会调查这件事
Well, we’ll be checking in on that.
我问你另一件事
Well, let me ask you something else.
你在1966年间去过南加州吗?
Were you ever in Southern California at any time in 1966?
这是关于河滨市谋杀案吗?
Is this about the Riverside killing?
没错
Yes.
当时我的确去过那里 我以前常去那里
Well, I guess I was there around that time. I used to go down there a lot.
我喜欢看赛车
I like the auto races.
密告者说你能双手并用
Informant says that you’re ambidextrous?
这不是真的
No, that’s untrue.
你不能用双手写字?
You can’t write with both hands?
小时候老师有逼我学
My teachers tried to make me when I was a kid,
但学不来 我是左撇子
but I couldn’t. I’m left-handed.
他还说你扬言要杀害学童
He also said that you made statements about killing school children.
太可怕了 那真是可怕的说法
That is…That is horrible.
那真是可怕的说法
That is… That’s a horrible thing to say.
你从来没有因为你猥亵学童
So, you weren’t angry about being fired from Valley Springs
而遭到开除的事感到愤怒?
for touching your students?
我不是黄道带
I’m not the Zodiac.
就算是 也不会告诉你们
And if I was, I certainly wouldn’t tell you.
不错的手表
That’s a nice watch.
-谢谢 -我能看吗?
-Thank you. -May I see it?
我能看吗?
May I see it?
哪里买♥♥的?
Where’d you get it?
(黄道带)
两年前我妈送我的圣诞礼物
It was Christmas gift from my mother two years ago.
你妈真好
That’s very sweet.
告诉我 亚瑟
So, tell me something, Arthur.
你不记得和任何人谈过黄道带?
You don’t remember anyone you might have had a conversation with regarding the Zodiac?
也许和瓦列霍休闲中心的 泰德或费尔谈过吧
Maybe Ted Kidder or Phil Tucker at Vallejo Recreation.
我不能确定 我在那里上过班…
But I couldn’t be positive. I used to work there when…
<最危险的游戏>
The Most Dangerous Game.
-什么? -<最危险的游戏>
-What? -The Most Dangerous Game.
你们是为了这件事来的 对吧? 我高中最喜欢的一本书
That’s why you’re here, isn’t it? It was my favorite book in high school.
描述一个人在孤岛 等船难的生还者
It’s about this man who waits for people to get shipwrecked on this island.
因为他厌倦猎杀动物 想挑战猎杀人类看看
Because he was tired of hunting animals, he hunted the people for the challenge.
所以 人类比任何猛兽更危险
And man is the most dangerous animal of all?
这就是整本书的主题
That’s the whole point of the story.
很棒的一本书
Great book.
至少我是跟费尔这么说的
Or, at least, that’s what I told Phil.
我能走了吗?
May I go?
当然
Sure.
-谢谢你的时间 -我很乐意协助你们
-Thanks for your time. -I’m willing to help in any way possible.
我很期待有一天
I look forward to the day
当警♥察♥不再被称为是猪罗的那一天
when police officers are no longer referred to as pigs.
谢了
Thanks.
我们会再联络
We’ll be in touch.
有谁觉得他还需要被调查吗?
So does anyone think this suspect warrants further investigation?
这些是黄道带信件的副本
These are copies of some of the Zodiac letters that were sent.
(十小时后-加州 瓦列霍)
请你们看一看
We’d like you to take a look at them.
你们认为我弟弟是黄道带
You think my brother’s the Zodiac.
-我们正在调查他 -你们会逮捕他吗?
-Well, we’re looking at him. -Are you going to arrest him?
艾伦太太 我们不会因为 调查一个人而逮捕他

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!