-Nice to meet you. -Good to meet you, man.
这办公桌不错 前一任记者非常优秀
You got a great desk. Guy who used to work here was a great reporter.
我猜也是吧 从<旧金山纪事报>
Oh, yeah. Oh, I’m sure he was. I mean, it’s a honor to leave the Chronicle
跳槽到<沙加缅度蜜蜂报>
and go work for the Sacramento Bee.
算是降级了 对吧?
Dare to dream, right, Robert?
-幸会了 -彼此彼此
-Nice to meet you. -Nice to meet you, too.
我就坐在美工部
I’m just right down there at the Art department
需要帮忙就说一声
if you need anything, Duffy.
-你确定今晚不用车 比尔? -换你开了
-You sure you don’t want the car, Bill? -It’s your turn.
送我回家然后把车开走
You could just drop me off at my place and take the car.
车子你留着吧
You should keep the car.
真的吗?
Yeah?
明天我不进警局了
I’m not coming in tomorrow.
这是怎么回事?
Why? What’s up?
我不玩了
I’m done.
我申请调职
I put in for a transfer.
-调去哪里? -诈欺组
-Where? -Looking at Fraud.
我不能再随时待命了
I can’t be on call anymore.
我想看着我的孩子长大
I wanna see these kids grow up.
这样也好 比尔
Hey, good for you, Bill.
-你会没事的 -是啊 我不会有事
-You’ll be okay. -Yeah. I’ll be fine.
我没留下烂摊子给你吧
I’m not leaving you holding the bag on anything, am I?
没啦
No.
那就好
Okay.
知道吗?
Hey, you know what?
也许你可以试试日本料理 生鱼片之类的
Maybe you’ll have a chance to try your Japanese food, the raw stuff.
是啊
Yeah.
(我已杀了七人 黄道带扬言杀害圣荷西女孩)
(黄道带命案最新线索)
(确定和黄道带有关)
我不是保罗·艾瑞
I’m not Paul Avery.
去哄儿子们睡觉 顺便替宝宝换尿布
The boys need to be tucked in, please, and the baby needs changing.
-掷硬币决定 -想得美
-I’ll flip you for it. -You wish.
没人比你有更多黄道带的资料了
Nobody has more Zodiac crap than you do.
(搜寻黄道带四件凶器)
(保罗·艾瑞撰写)
(保罗·艾瑞撰写)
-不会吧? -嗨 保罗
-Are you kidding me? -Hi, Paul.
允许你上船
Permission to come aboard.
坐那里 反正你穿着鞋子 坐那里最好
It’s right there. Anyway, you got shoes on. This is perfect right here.
-就是这里 -好
-That’s the one. -Okay.
看到没 超炫的
-See that? Mesmerizing. -Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah.
我小孩肯定会想要那玩意
My own kids would kill me for one of those.
-你还好吗? -棒呆了
-How are you? -Fantastic.
我承认<蜜蜂报>没有<纪事报>来得有趣
I mean, admittedly, the Bee ain’t exactly the Chron, but fuck it, right?
来一杯吗? 我没有蓝色的酒
Do you want a drink? I don’t have anything blue, but I got…
算了 别麻烦了
Don’t worry about that. Don’t worry about it.
一点都不麻烦 反正没人来过
It’s no bother at all. Nobody comes by from the old days.
干杯
Cheers.
为咱们俩的健康敬一杯 我的ue4d1
To your health and mine.
主要是我的啦
Mostly mine.
有什么新鲜事?
So, what’s new?
我在想 应该有人写本书
I’ve been thinking. Yeah. Somebody should write a book.
早就该有人写本书
Somebody should write a fucking book, that’s for sure.
-写什么? -黄道带的案子
-About what? -About Zodiac.
这不是什么新鲜事
It’s not new.
我在想只要把所有线索兜在一块
I’ve been thinking that if you put all the information together,
也许会有什么新发现
maybe you could jog something loose.
-没有人比你更了解整件案子 -那倒是真的
-And then I was thinking that nobody knows the case better than you. -Yeah. That’s true.
你有档案 认识每个人
You know all the players, and you have all the files.
-档案没了 -你弄丢了?
-Lost them. -You lost them?
还是扔了 我不知道 我人都搬到船上了
Or I tossed them. I don’t know. I moved onto a boat.
你应该知道我们是跑每日新闻
You know that we work in the daily business, right?
干嘛管那老掉牙的新闻?
As in, today. What do you think we were doing back then?
东湾每三个月死于车祸的人
Do you know that more people die in the East Bay commute
都比那疯子
every three months than that idiot ever killed?
他杀了几个人 写了几封信 然后就这样消失了
He offed a few citizens, he wrote a few letters, and he faded into a footnote.
我又没笨到坐在这里等你来
Not that I haven’t been sitting here idly waiting for you to drop by
让我重拾人生意义
and reinvigorate my sense of purpose.
那是四年前的事 忘了吧
It was four years ago. Let it fucking go.
你错了 这件事很重要
You’re wrong. It was important.
那你到底做了什么?
Then, what did you ever do about it?
真的那么重要 你却啥都没做
If it was so fucking important, what did you ever do?
你搜我的桌子 翻我的垃圾
You hovered over my desk, you stole from wastebaskets.
我有对你翻脸吗?
Am I being unkind?
我忘了 你都去图书馆
Oh, that’s right, I forgot. You went to the library.
抱歉打扰你
I’m sorry I bothered you.
-你去了哪里? -图书馆
-Where you been? -The library.
(1977年10月11日 加州旧金山 华盛顿与樱桃街转角处)
谢谢你
Thank you!
-陶希警探? -请等一下
-Inspector Toschi? -Yeah? One moment, please.
我们在戏院见过面
We met at the movies once.
-那一定是在变魔术 -我是罗伯·葛雷史密斯
-It must have been magical. -I’m Robert Graysmith. I work at the Chronicle.
在<旧金山纪事报>工作 能请你吃顿午餐吗?
I was wondering if I could buy you lunch.
好啊 有何不可?
Sure, why not?
你是保罗·艾瑞的朋友?
So, you’re a friend of Paul Avery’s?
我是为了他来找你的
He’s actually the reason I’m here.
我想请教黄道带的案子
I wanted to ask you about Zodiac.
多谢了 不过我们不准讨论案情
Well, I appreciate the interest, but we don’t discuss open cases.
那警方每天都在做什么?
Oh, well, what’s going on with it, day to day?
积极调查任何线索
We’re actively pursuing all leads.
案子就剩你一个人在办
And you’re the only one on it, right?
葛雷史密斯先生
Mr. Graysmith,
黄道带有三年没有写过信
Zodiac hasn’t written in three years.
你知道之后旧金山发生几起命案?
You know how many murders we’ve had in San Francisco since then?
-不知道 -200起以上
-No. -Over 200.
有很多死者和家属需要帮助
That’s a lot of dead people and grieving families that need our help.
所以已经没有人在乎了
So, nobody cares.
不好意思 我很在乎
Excuse me? I care.
我可以给你看样东西吗?
Okay. Can I show you something?
我针对第一张密♥码♥做了研究
I’ve been doing research on the first cipher.
对解码有兴趣的业余人士 都能在这些书里找到解答
Everything an amateur would need to create it can be found in these books.
我在想如果追踪这些书的去向
Now, I started thinking that if you can track these books,
也许就能找到凶手
then maybe you can track the man.
你说过黄道带有可能是军人
So, I remember you thought that Zodiac was military,
我跑遍所有的军事基地图书馆
so I went to every base library and I got a list of every person
列出借过这些书的人的名字 最后发现一件事
who’s ever checked out these books and that’s when I found this.
-遗失 -表示这些书是被偷走
-Missing. -It means they were stolen.
普西迪图书馆的密♥码♥书都被偷走
So, almost every book on ciphers was stolen from the Presidio Library?
还有奥克兰陆军图书馆
And the Oakland Army Terminal Library.
有人不想被查到他借了这些书
Somebody didn’t want a record of ever having checked out these books.
你是谁?
Who are you again?
我只想帮忙
I just wanna help.
我不能让你帮忙
I can’t allow you to help.
不能和你讨论案情 提供资料
I can’t discuss the case with you. I can’t give you information,
更不能叫你去那帕找肯恩纳尔罗
and I certainly couldn’t tell you to go see Ken Narlow in Napa.
纳ue4d1尔ue4d1罗
N-A-R-L-O-W.
我不是作家 是漫画家
Well, I’m not a writer, I’m a cartoonist.
-大卫·陶希叫你来 -对
-And Dave Toschi sent you? -Yes.
为什么?
Why?
也许他认为我帮得上忙
Maybe he…maybe he thought that I could do some good.
-你是童子军吗? -第一级鹰级童子军
-What are you, some kind of boy scout? -Eagle Scout, actually, first class.
你想查就尽管查
Well, if you wanna do this, don’t let me stop you.
先去找瓦列霍的杰克·穆拉斯
Better start with Vallejo, Jack Mulanax.
我知道你想干嘛
I understand what you’re trying to do.
但这是警方的公开调查
But this is an open police investigation.
我是大卫陶希的朋友
I’m a friend of Dave Toschi’s.
他说你能帮助我
And he said that you might be able to help.
案子没进展 凶手早就走人了
I mean, the case is dead. Zodiac’s long gone.
他不是新闻了 对吗?
He’s yesterday’s news, right?
他们是这么说的
That’s what they say.
所以你有什么损失呢?
So, what’s the harm?
不准带纸笔
No pens, no paper.
想知道的就记在脑子里
Anything that you see that’s relevant, you got to remember in your head.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!