Mrs. Allen, we don’t arrest people just because we’re interested in them.
-李一向都有心理问题 -他猥亵学童的事是真的吗?
-Well, Leigh’s always been troubled. -Is it true about the children?
很不幸是的 我们知道后就很少去见他
Unfortunately. We don’t see him much anymore since we found out.
你们觉得唐钱尼怎样?
What are your feelings about Don Cheney?
唐钱尼?我旧室友? 是他连络你们的?
Don Cheney? My old roommate? Was he the one who contacted you?
-这是机密 -唐这个人很可靠
-That’s confidential. -Well, Don’s a very reliable guy.
他说的话 我会相信是真的
If he were to tell you something, I’d believe it to be true.
-这个字 -怎么样?
-This one. -What about it?
他用两个S拼圣诞节
Here, where he spells Christmas with two S’s.
两年前我们收到他的圣诞卡 也是同样的拼法
We got a Christmas card from Leigh a couple years ago. He spelled it the exact same way.
-Christ-mass -那张圣诞卡还在吗?
-Christ-mass. -Would you still have that?
-我可以找找看 -谢谢 太好了
-I can look for it. -Thank you. That’d be great.
我们还能帮什么忙?
Is there anything else we can do to help?
下次李出门时他老哥会搜他房♥间
The brother said he would search Leigh’s apartment next time he went out of town.
-这样就不必申请搜票 -就这一次
-That gets you around a warrant. -For the time being.
如果找到什么
If we do find something,
穆拉斯会去找瓦列霍检察官 仔细搜查房♥子
Mulanax will go to the DA in Vallejo, and we could search the place properly.
我去找贝瑞莎命案两天后
Now I got a chance to talk to the cop who interviewed
向李问过话的警官
Leigh Allen two days after the Berryessa murders.
他不记得为什么要问他话 不过他认为李不像杀人凶手
Doesn’t remember how he got onto him, but didn’t think he looked like a killer
-所以没有继续追查 -你认为他是凶手?
-so he didn’t like him for Z. -But you do?
-我很想当场就逮捕他 -别急 大卫
-I wish I could’ve taken the guy in there. -Take it slow, Dave.
多找些线索给莫瑞尔 笔迹符合的话就罪证确凿
Try and find more stuff for Sherwood. A match’ll get us farther on the warrants.
-艾瑞在二线 -叫他去死
-Avery’s on two. -Tell him to screw.
你要我直接说还是加点料?
You want me to communicate that verbatim or can I spice it up a little?
真要命
Christ, kid.
怎么了
Yeah.
-保罗 我在想 -噢 上帝保佑
-Paul, I’ve been thinking… -Oh, God save us all.
给梅尔文的信
The letter to Melvin Belli
是路口谋杀案一年后寄出的
was sent exactly one year after the Lake Herman Road murder.
一封给贝特兹的父亲的信
And the one to Cheri Jo Bates’ father
是在她死后六个月寄出的
was sent exactly six months after her death.
-她在万圣节前一天被杀 -是的
-She was killed a day before Halloween. -Yeah.
你也收到了万圣节贺卡
And you received a Halloween card…
要知道 这些都是很吸引人的新闻 罗伯特
You know, these are all fascinating pieces of news, Robert,
不过稍早了点
it’s a bit early in the day.
保罗 11点了我们错过了编辑部会议
Paul, it’s 11:00 and we missed Editorial.
-对不起 我不是有意叫你的 -没关系
-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to wake you up. -No, no, no.
-我只是在想 -好了好了
-I just thought that… -No, no, no.
这名嫌犯不是黄道带
This suspect is not your Zodiac.
样本符合支票及申请表的笔迹?
This sample matches the canceled checks and the application?
-完全符合 -我们重新测试他的左手
-Perfectly. -So we’ve just retested the left hand.
他能双手并用
I mean, we know he’s ambidextrous.
38年来 我没看过有人双手笔迹完全不同
In 38 years, I’ve never seen anyone that ambidextrous.
一定会有相同之处
Both hands would have commonalities.
抱歉 这论点无法成立
I’m sorry. Just not gonna work.
-重案组 我是陶希 -大卫 我是杰克·穆拉斯
-Homicide, Toschi. -Dave, it’s Jack Mulanax.
嗨 怎么样?
Hey. Mulanax. Yeah.
法官不愿意发出搜索票
We struck out with the judge. He won’t sign off on a warrant for Allen’s house.
-为什么? -他说证据不足
-Why not? -Said it wasn’t enough.
除非找到符合的笔迹和证物…
Now, unless we bring him a handwriting match or some evidence that…
没有搜索票怎么找到证物?
How are we gonna get evidence if we can’t toss the house?
不知道
I don’t know.
-真的很抱歉 -不 谢谢你
-I truly am sorry. -No, no. Thank you, Jack.
-你想怎么办? -没有瓦列霍的证物就没辙
-What do you wanna do? -Don’t know what I can do without Vallejo.
我们需要李的右手笔迹 没有就拿不到搜索票
We need Allen’s right hand. We can’t get it without a warrant.
还有其他的嫌犯吗?
Are there other guys you should be looking at?
-至少还有多少 -两千三百个
-Only, what? -Twenty-three hundred?
好吧 就这样了
Okay, then.
好吧 就这样了
Okay, then.
保罗 你写信给司法部
Paul, you wrote the Justice Department
要求负责调查黄道带命案?
asking to be put in charge of the Zodiac investigation?
(一年后 加州 旧金山)
-我只是建议 -你用报社的信纸?
-I merely suggested… -On our letterhead?
对案情熟悉的个人或单位
…that those with intimate knowledge of the case create an information clearinghouse
能够聚集在一起交换线索和想法
to promote an exchange and free flow of ideas.
-然后由你来主导 -还有谁比我更适合?
-And that you run it. -Well, who better than me?
我被黄带道盯上
The marked man.
你想继续在报社工作 得答应我三件事 第一 戒酒
Paul, if you want to work here, I need three things. One, stop boozing.
第二 停止你目前在做的事
Two, stop doing whatever else it is you’re doing.
第三 忘了你这种荒谬的想法
And three, cut this nonsense out.
亲爱的丹波顿 如果你认为
Sweetest of Templetons, if at any time
我杰出的工作表现 在这鬼地方不适用的话
you feel my excellent work is no longer in step with this trashy provincial rag,
我倒是很乐意
I’ll more than happily…
寻求其他的发展
More than happily decamp for greener pastures.
保罗 我是认真的
Paul, I mean it!
-保罗? -是
-Paul? -Yep.
刚刚是怎么回事?
What was that?
编辑部的斗争
An editorial tête-à-tête.
-要喝一杯吗? -现在是早上十点耶
-Wanna grab a drink? -It’s 10:00 in the morning.
-也许可以算是早午餐 -保罗
-Late breakfast? Early lunch, or… -Paul.
你还好吗?
Are you okay?
不好
No.
多谢你的慰问
Thank you for asking.
-矮子 -是
-Shorty! -Yes!
-出去喝一杯吧 -保罗 你要去哪里?
-Let’s go out for one. -Paul, where are you going?
你们停止调查我小叔?
So, you moved off my brother-in-law?
我们申请不到搜索票
We couldn’t get a warrant.
(1972年9月7日 加州 瓦列霍)
去年我们安排李和社工见面
Last year we arranged for Leigh to get help from a social worker.
他只去了两次
He only went twice. We saw him recently for the first time in nine months.
最近我婆婆带他来看小孩 这是九个月来第一次见面
My mother-in-law brought him by to see the new baby.
后来我就去找社工了解状况
After he left, I went to see that social worker.
他不能透露病人病情 我就直接问他
He couldn’t talk about a former patient, so I just asked him straight out
李会不会杀人
if he thought Leigh was capable of killing people.
-由于病人保密法则… -社工说他会杀人
-Because of patient confidentiality… -The man said yes.
你们为什么九个月没见过他?
Why hadn’t you seen him in nine months?
他在圣塔罗莎的学校上课
He’s going to school in Santa Rosa.
-圣塔罗莎?他住在哪里? -他的拖车屋
-Santa Rosa? Where is he living? -In his trailer.
-在圣塔罗莎? -索诺犸郡
-In Santa Rosa? -Sonoma County.
我们不用透过瓦列霍检察官
We wouldn’t have to go through the Vallejo DA.
你们有11个月没问过他话 现在要去搜他的拖车屋?
It’s been 11 months since you talked to this guy, and now you wanna search his trailer?
能找到证物最好
If we find something, great.
不然也能采到指纹和双手的笔迹
If not, we get his prints and handwriting samples from both hands.
我以为莫瑞尔推♥翻♥了你的论点
I thought Sherwood shut you down.
我想请别人鉴定
What if I can get a second opinion?
我不想反驳莫瑞尔的鉴定 我是他一手栽培的
I don’t wanna step on Sherwood’s toes. He trained me at this.
我只想知道嫌犯能不能双手并用
Terry, all I need to know is if the suspect is ambidextrous.
他是不是可能用另一只手写信
Could he possibly have written those letters with his other hand?
我只告诉你
Between you and me?
笔迹鉴定有不同的学派
Because there are differing schools of thought on this.
只要拿到他另一只手的笔迹 如果他是黄道带就会符合
Get the samples of his other hand. If he’s the Zodiac, you’ll get a match.
这是泰瑞目前的想法
That’s the current thinking, according to Terry Pascoe.
我也问了愿意作证的心理医师
Meanwhile, I spoke to a psychologist who’d be willing to testify
他说像黄道带这种性格多变的人
that someone who undergoes a personality change like Zodiac
生理上也会改变 比如改变笔迹
would manifest it physically, altering his handwriting.
所以莫瑞尔的笔迹鉴定会不符合
Which is why Sherwood couldn’t get a match from Allen’s samples.
泰瑞 心理医师和钱尼夫妇
We got Terry Pascoe, this psychology guy,
有他们就能申请搜索票
coupled with Cheney It could be enough for a warrant.
请钱尼做正式笔录
Get Cheney on the record.
他就会自称为黄道带
And that he would call himself Zodiac.
-是的 -你愿意在
-Yes. -And you’re willing to swear to this,
高等法庭发誓作证?
under oath, in Superior Court?
毫不会犹豫
Without any hesitation.
非常感谢你 钱尼先生
Thank you very much, Mr. Cheney. Thank you very much for your time.
谢谢你
Thank you.
嫌犯名叫亚瑟·李·艾伦
Suspect is Arthur Leigh Allen.
家住加州圣塔罗莎日落拖车公园
Lives in Sunset Trailer Court in Santa Rosa, California.
体貌特征:
Physical description.
艾伦高大 体型粗壮
Allen is similar in height, weight and build
与贝湖行刺案所描述的案犯特征一致
to a man seen at Lake Berryessa on the day of the stabbings.
但是 他和加州的那个案子体貌描述不一样

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!