The kids miss you.
我不能让他们看到我这样
I can’t have them see me like this.
-我也不想 -把你认为该做的事做完
-Neither can I. -So, do whatever you have to,
把这本书写完
but finish this.
(葛雷的副本)
(亚瑟李艾伦 生日12-18-33)
大卫
Dave!
大卫 是我罗伯
Dave! It’s Robert!
-大卫 -他真跑来了?
-Dave! -Is he actually here?
我要杀了他
I’m gonna kill him.
我要报♥警♥ 我的枪呢?
I’m calling SFPD. Where’s my gun?
-大卫 -罗伯 快滚开
Dave! -Robert! Go away!
-大卫 他犯了一个错 -离开窗户
-Dave! He made a mistake! -Get away from the window.
-我到前门 -不行
-I’ll meet you around front. -No, you won’t.
-你得听听这个 -不 我不听
-You have to hear this! -No, I don’t, Robert!
他只有在生日那天最脆弱
The birthday was the one time that he was weak!
-也是唯一一次泄漏身分 -罗伯 我要报♥警♥了
-The one time that he gave something away! -Robert, I am calling the police.
是亚瑟·李·艾伦
It’s Arthur Leigh Allen!
你那名字哪里来的?
Where did you get that name?
他打到贝利家 69年12月 说今天我生日 我非杀人不可
He called the Bellis’ house. December ’69. I need to kill. Today’s my birthday.
那天是他的生日
It was his birthday.
亚瑟·李·艾伦的生日是12月18日
Arthur Leigh Allen was born on December 18th.
进来
Get in here.
-拿去 -谢了
-Here you go. -Thanks.
他写信给我 你知道吗?
He wrote me, you know?
2500名嫌犯 唯一写信给我的就是李艾伦
2,500 suspects, the only one who ever wrote me a letter was Leigh Allen.
-有时候嫌犯想帮忙 -我知道 罗伯
-They like to help, you know, sometimes. -Yes, Robert, I know.
他在1975年1月因性骚扰被捕
He was arrested January 1975 for molestation.
一出狱就寄信给我
He sent me that when he got out.
亲爱的大卫 需要帮忙就告诉我
Dear Dave, if I can ever be of any help to you, just let me know.
抱歉我不是凶手 而信件是用打的
I’m sorry I wasn’t your man. And it’s typewritten.
打字并不算犯法
Using a typewriter is not a crime.
他也认识黛琳
And he knew Darlene.
这是瓦列霍的档案
It’s in the Vallejo files.
穆拉斯说他是你的头号♥嫌犯
Mulanax said that he was your favorite suspect.
你花两年时间调查他 而且没人比你更接近破案
That you spent two years on him, and that nobody ever came close.
所有的证据都说不是他
All the evidence said no.
莫瑞尔说他的笔迹不符合
Sherwood disqualified his handwriting.
那个和保罗一样满嘴酒味的莫瑞尔?
The same Sherwood that drinks like Paul Avery now?
是的 莫瑞尔写说这不是嫌犯的笔迹 泰瑞也能鉴定
Yes, you have Sherwood Morrill in writing saying,
-他的徒弟 -就算他只是徒弟
-His prentice. -Yeah, fine, it’s his prentice,
好歹他也是专家 他说
but he’s a handwriting expert nonetheless, and he’s saying,
别以笔迹排除掉这名嫌犯
Do not disqualify this suspect on the basis of handwriting.
所以两名专家意见不同
So the two cancel each other out.
不 这是莫瑞尔的案子 他也曾是鉴识组组长
No, they don’t. It was Sherwood’s case. He was the head of Questioned Documents.
假如案子上了法庭 辩方会让莫瑞尔证明李艾伦没罪
If it went to trial, all the defense would have to do is call Sherwood to the stand.
我们也没办法把艾伦告上法庭
And there was no way of getting Allen into court in the first place,
因为根本没有证据
because there was no evidence,Robert.
怎么会没有证据? 你看过他的密♥码♥
What do you mean, there’s no evidence? You have him seen with the ciphers.
军用长靴和手套的尺寸符合
The military boot prints. The same size shoes and gloves.
<最危险的游戏> 黄道带手表 他当过小学老师
The Most Dangerous Game. The Zodiac watch. The background with school children.
-圣诞节拼错 沾血凶刀 这些都是间接证据 -依据所有情况
-The misspellings of Christ-mass. The bloody knives. -All circumstantial.
保罗史坦的衬衫 钱包 钥匙
Paul Stine’s shirt, his wallet, his keys.
在拖车屋里都没有找到
We should have found one of those things in that trailer. We didn’t.
凯萨琳说李星期五下班后
Okay. Catherine Allen states that Leigh cleaned out his trailer on Friday after work
就把拖车屋清空搬到圣塔罗莎 1971年8月7日 星期六
and moved it to Santa Rosa on Saturday, August 7th, 1971.
你是在8月4日 到炼油厂问他话的
You interviewed him at the refinery on August 4th.
然后48小时之后
So, he’s cleaning out his trailer,
他就匆匆搬到另一个城市?
he’s moving into a different county 48 hours after you interviewed him?
好吧 好吧
Okay. Okay.
-让我们一对一比对他们的行踪 -好
-Look at the stuff side by side, Dave. -All right.
亚瑟·李·艾伦和黄道带的行踪
Okay, Arthur Leigh Allen and the Zodiac, their timelines.
-第一起瓦列霍命案是几时? -1968年圣诞节
-When was the first murder in Vallejo? -Christmas, 1968.
8个月前艾伦 因骚扰学童被开除
Eight months before that, Allen is fired for molesting his students
家人发现他有恋童癖
and his family discovers that he’s a pedophile.
-第一封信几时寄到? -69年7月
-Now, when do the letters begin? -July, ’69.
那是在黛琳·费伦的命案之后
After the murder of Darlene Ferrin.
他一直寄信 直到你去上班的地方找他
And they continue until you go to see him at work.
后来的信 还有没有史坦的沾血衬衫?
Now, after that, do any of the letters contain swatches of Paul Stine’s shirt?
没有 因为他害怕
No. Because he dumped them, because he got scared.
把衬衫丢了 他知道你盯上他
Because he knew that you were on to him.
黄道带的下一封信几时出现?
So, when’s the next letter from Zodiac?
一直等到1974年1月
Not until January of 1974.
他整整沉默了三年
He is silent for three years.
到了74年他才安心
Then, in ’74, he feels comfortable
因为大家都排除艾伦的嫌疑
again because everybody’s moved off Allen as a suspect.
接着我们陆续收到黄道带的三封信 74年1月 5月 7月
And what do we get? Three new letters from Zodiac in January, May, and July in ’74.
-然后又没再收到信了 -艾伦发生什么事?
-But then the letters stop. -What happens to Allen?
他被逮捕了
He’s arrested.
1975年1月 他被送到阿塔斯卡戴罗监狱
January, 1975, they send him to Atascadero.
那段期间黄道带没有寄一封信
We don’t get another letter from Zodiac the entire time he’s there.
-他几时被放出来的? -1977年8月
-When is he released? -August, ’77.
艾伦出狱 打了一封抱歉信 然后呢?
Allen gets out. He types you an apology, and then what?
四年来首次接到黄道带的信件
We get our first new Zodiac letter in four years.
所以 黄道带应该认识黛琳 对吧?
Okay. Zodiac had to have known Darlene Ferrin, right?
对 刺因为她被杀那天晚上的 通联纪录
Yes, because of the phone calls on the night of her murder.
因为透过瓦列霍档案纪录 我们知道黛琳认识一名男子叫李
Because of the Vallejo file, we know that Darlene knew a man named Leigh?
-没错 -因此撇开所有的巧合 罗伯
-Yes. -So, all coincidence aside, Robert,
你如何确定这两人是同一个李
how can you be sure that Leigh Allen is the Leigh from this file?
瓦列霍虽然是小镇 但也不太小
Now, Vallejo is a small town, but it’s not that small.
你怎么把这两个人凑在一块?
How do you put the two of them together?
这是一个涵盖南北加州的案件
This is a case that’s covered both Northern and Southern California,
嫌犯与被害人相隔一百英里
with victims and suspects spread over hundreds of miles.
-这你同意吧? -同意
-Would you agree? -Yes.
黛琳在瓦列霍一家煎饼店工作
Darlene Ferrin worked at the Vallejo House of Pancakes
就在田纳西和凯罗街口
on the corner of Tennessee and Caroll.
亚瑟·李·艾伦 住在费斯♥诺♥街母亲家的地下室
Arthur Leigh Allen lived in his mother’s basement on Fresno Street.
两栋房♥子距离不到50码
Door to door, that is less than 50 yards.
这是真的吗?
Is that true?
我实际走过
I’ve walked it.
老天爷
Jesus Christ.
所以呢?
So?
-指纹 笔迹 -我不要你以警♥察♥的身分回答
-The prints, the handwriting. -I’m not asking you as a cop.
但我是个警♥察♥啊
But I am a cop.
我无法证实
I can’t prove this.
你无法证实不表示不是真的
Just because you can’t prove it, doesn’t mean it’s not true.
别冲动 辣手神探
Easy, Dirty Harry.
完成你的书
Finish the book.
谢谢 谢谢你的早餐
Thank you. Thank you for breakfast.
(1983年12月20日 加州 瓦列霍)
我能效劳吗?
Can I help you?
不用
No.
(七年半后 加州 安大略 1991年8月16日)
(<索命黄道带> 畅销书)
梅休先生
Mr. Mageau.
-感谢你抽空过来 -你就是电♥话♥中的那个人?
-Thanks for coming to see me. -You’re the one I talked to on the phone?
瓦列霍警局 我是乔治·巴渥 我接手杰克·穆拉斯的案子
I’m George Bawart. Vallejo PD. I took over for Jack Mulanax.
都22年了 我不确定帮得上忙
It’s been 22 years. I don’t know how I can help you.
这是警方的正常程序 我要让你看一些照片
Well, this is just a formality. I’m gonna show you a group of photographs.
射伤你的人也许在这些人当中
Now, the person that shot you may or may not be among these photographs.
你不一定要指出任何人 懂吗?
You don’t have to pick anybody out just because I’m showing you these pictures,you understand?
我懂 警官
Yes, sir, I do.
好吧
All right.
慢慢来
Take your time.
你认不出任何人也没关系
If you don’t recognize anyone, that’s okay.
是他
That’s him.
你有多确定?
How sure are you?
非常确定
Yeah, I’m pretty sure.
他像这家伙有张圆脸
He had a round face like this guy.
你又指认第二名嫌犯吗?
Wait. Am I to understand that you’re now identifying the second photograph?
不 我只是说他也有一张圆脸
No, no. Just that he had a round face like that.
就是这个人
It’s this man.
好吧
All right.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!