那我们就会终日无所事事
we wouldn’t know what to do all day.
也许你的文化得学会成长
Well, maybe your culture needs to grow.
或许我们可以换个角度来看待生活
Maybe there are other ways to look at life.
或许和你共结连理的人
Maybe there are some people you marry
并不是你最爱的人
and people you love.
爱丽儿 你比我年长 相信你也更加睿智
Arielle, you’re older than I am, you’re wiser I’m sure
阅历也更加丰富
and you’ve seen much more of the world.
你漂亮 优雅
And you’re beautiful, and elegant
聪明 幽默
and smart, and funny
风趣
and interesting
你给我的感觉像家人一样 这种感觉非常美妙
and you feel like family, which is wonderful.
然后你是要告诉我句子的结尾
Are you seriously telling me that a but is coming
还有一个但是吗
at the end of the sentence?
是的 但是 和你在一起
Yes, but…being with you
就成了 婚外情
would be…an affair
对我来说
and to me…
这是不道德的
not ethical.
有悖伦理
Unethical.
从道德上来说 这是不对的
Not good…ethically.
我得先尊重你的道德观 才能要求你尊重我的
I must respect your ethics if I ask you to respect mine.
如果你改变了想法 每个周五我还会
Should you change your mind, I will continue to be out there
在那个角落抽烟
smoking nook on Fridays.
但是如果我再也见不到你
But if I never see you again
你要知道
do know that..
我会将你深深地印在脑海里
I will always remember you very fondly.
你没事吧
Are you okay?
我很难过 我以为这是个开始
I’m sad. It was the beginning.
什么的开始
Of what?
信仰
Belief.
接下来的那个周五 午餐时间过后
The following Friday right about after lunchtime
我工作的节奏就开始变得缓慢
the pace of work began to slow.
我知道她在哪儿 而这件事占据着我全部思绪
I knew where she was and it was all I could think about.
第二个周五
By the Friday after that…
好吧 看吧 法国姑娘果然对你的
Well, look, French girls just aren’t good
工作习惯百害而无一利
for your work habits.
在我看到
And it killed me…
她独自一人抽烟时 我心乱如麻
that she was lighting her own cigarette.
第三个周五
By the Friday after that…
不敢相信你过了三个星期才来
I can’t believe it took you 3 weeks.
抱歉
Sorry.
那么 接下来要干嘛
So…what happens now?
五点 2117房♥
Room 2117, 5 o’clock.
用你的钥匙开门
Use your key.
你好吗
How are you?
非常好 谢谢
Very well. Thank you.
你呢
And you?
我也很好
Very well.
要来点香槟么
Will you have some champagne?
谢谢
Please.
碰玻璃杯时要始终注视着对方的眼睛
Always look the person in the eye when you touch glasses.
我知道 不然会倒霉七年
I know. 7 years of bad luck.
倒霉 那是美国的说法吧
Bad luck? That’s the American version?
是的 那法国是怎么说的呢
Yes. What’s the French?
七年的糟糕性♥爱♥
7 years of bad sex.
天啊
Good Lord.
我想这已经告诉了你
I think that tells you everything
你需要了解的我们两国的文化
you need to know about our two cultures.
是的 法国文化非常乐观
Yes. Yours is very optimistic.
我是说 许多人在经历了 比如五年的糟糕性♥爱♥后
I mean, a lot of people after, like, year 5 of bad sex
他们会放弃 但你们法国人却还在坚持
they’d give up, but you guys really hang in there.
-真令人佩服 -多谢夸奖
– It’s admirable. – Thank you.
无论何时 都最好注视对方的眼睛
At any rate, best to look the other person in the eye.
没错
Yes.
你紧张吗
Are you nervous?
噢 不 这对我来说是家常便饭
Oh, no. I do this all the time.
但我会
I am.
什么
What?
紧张 和你在一起时我会紧张
Nervous. I am nervous around you.
真难以置信
That’s ridiculous.
这是一种好的现象 我是说 我就像个少女一样
Good nervous, I mean, uh, like a girl.
我可一点都看不出来
Well, you don’t show it.
那就好
I should hope not.
生活有时真的是 非常美妙
Sometimes life is…really something.
也许你应该围绕幸运饼干进行写作
Maybe you should write fortune cookies.
你还好吗
Are you alright?
我只是在想
I was just thinking
我没有在国外上过大学
I never did a semester abroad in college and I…
而我现在真的非常后悔
really regret that now.
这种经历真是完全不同
It was completely different.
相对你的期望而言吗
From your expectations?
不 是过去
From the past.
很好
Good.
因为我也正打算这么说
Because I was about to say the same.
真的吗
Really?
哇嗷 我真棒
Wow. Good for me.
你要知道 你是个天生的情人
Just so you know, you’re a natural lover.
你的身体已将你心中所想完美地表达出来了
Your body expresses beautifully what’s in your heart.
我要把这句话记下来
I’m just gonna write that down.
过去和你在一起的女人中
Have none of the other women you’ve been with
没人和你说过这些吗
told you these things?
额 没有
Uh, no.
哇哦 我真棒
Wow. Good for me.
你是怎么做到的
How do you do that?
什么
What?
在三十秒中内就能变得如此美丽
Look like that, in 30 seconds.
你非得走吗
Do you have to go?
我孩子的学校里有一场募捐活动
There’s a fundraiser at my children’s school.
请不要误解了我的意思
Please don’t take this the wrong way
我只是一时间不敢相信
but it suddenly seems…
你有着那样的生活
impossible to me that you have that life.
我懂你的意思
I don’t take it the wrong way.
事实上 我自己都难以相信
Actually, it seems impossible to me too.
直到我看到自己的孩子
It will until the moment I next see my children.
如果你不介意的话 我想问你一件事
I did wanna ask you something, if you don’t mind.
你上次说到信仰
What you said about belief…
是什么意思 能说清楚点吗
what did you mean? Can you say more?
就快七点了
It’s almost 7.
我明天能见到你吗
Will I see you tomorrow?
不行 周一见
No. Monday.
老时间 老地点
5. The same room.
把钥匙留着
Hold on to the key.
放心 我会的
Trust me.
对我说“到时见” 就像之前那样
Say, “Till then, then” Like you did that time.
到时见
Till then, then.
我喜欢你这么说
I like that.
我开心得都无法静下心来写作了
I was way, way too happy to write.
这个周末不太适合品尝威尼斯葡萄酒
It was not a good weekend for the Venetian wines.
是不是所有美国人看电影的时候都离不开爆米花
Can no American watch a film without popcorn?
没错
That’s right.
你阅读文学作品时也会吃爆米花吗
Do you chomp popcorn when you read literature?
我会吃瓜子 然后把瓜子壳
I eat sunflower seeds and I spit the shells
吐在一个杯子里
into a little cup.
在外面我就不能和你吻别了
I cannot kiss you goodbye outdoors.
我懂的
I understand.
我们可以被人看见在一起
People can see us together. That is permitted.
我们也可以挽着手 但不能接吻
I can take your arm, but we cannot kiss.
既然规矩如此 我没意见
If those are the rules… those are the rules.
在七点到次日五点的这段时间
Between the hours of 7 and 5
我了解了一下法国文化
I made a study of French culture.
法国人看起来 额 很奇怪
They seemed to be, uh, strange people.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!