美丽心灵
“1947年9月 普林斯顿大学”
Mathematicians won the war.
是数学家赢得了世界大战
Mathematicians broke the Japanese codes
是数学家破解了日本密码
and built the A bomb.
也是数学家发明了原子弹
Mathematicians… like you.
就像你我一样的数学家
The stated goal of the Soviets is global communism.
苏联的终极目标 是赤化全世界
In medicine or economics,
包括医学 经济
in technology or space,
科技 太空
battle lines are being drawn.
战争的界线已经划出
To triumph, we need results.
为了争取胜利 我们需要结果
Publishable, applicable results.
需要可以发表和应用的结果
Now who among you will be the next Morse?
谁是未来的摩尔斯?
The next Einstein?
谁又是下一个爱因斯坦?
Who among you will be the vanguard
你们当中谁将是
of democracy, freedom, and discovery?
民主 自由 和发明的先锋?
Today, we bequeath America’s future
今天我们将 美国的未来
into your able hands.
交到你们的手中
Welcome to Princeton, gentlemen.
欢迎加入普林斯顿的行列
It’s not enough Hansen won the Carnegie Scholarship.
汉森赢得卡内基奖学金 居然还不满足
No, he has to have it all for himself.
他想要通吃
It’s the first time the Carnegie prize has been split. Hansen’s all bent.
这是第一次由两人共享 这项奖学金 汉森当然不爽
Rumor is he’s got his sights set on Wheeler Lab,
听说他一心想进入惠勒研究室
the new military think tank at M.I.T.
就是麻省理工学院 新的军事智囊团
They’re only taking one this year.
今年他们只收一个人
Hansen’s used to being picked first.
而汉森认为他是第一人选
Oh, yeah, he’s wasted on math.
研究数学实在浪费他的才能
He should be running for president.
他应该去选总统
There could be a mathematical explanation
你的领带这样糟
for how bad your tie is.
一定有数学上的合理解释
Thank you.
谢谢你
Neilson, symbol cryptography.
我是尼尔森 专攻符号密码学
Neils here broke a Jap code.
他破解过日本密码
Helped rid the world of fascism.
也曾帮助世界摆脱法西斯主义
At least that’s what he tells the girls, Neils?
他都是这样对女孩子说的
The name’s Bender. Atomic physics.
我叫宾达 专攻原子物理学
And you are? Am I late?
你是哪位? 我迟到了吗?
Yes. Yes, Mr. Sol.
是的 苏先生
Oh, good. Hi.
好! 你好
Sol. Richard Sol.
我是理查·苏
The burden of genius.
这就是天才的负担
There he is. So many supplicants, and so little time.
他来了 宴会这么多 时间真不够用
Mr. Sol. How are you, sir?
苏先生您好 您好
Bender. Nice to see you.
宾达 很高兴看到你
Congratulations, Mr. Hansen.
汉森先生 恭喜你
Thank you.
谢谢
I’ll take another.
再给我一杯
Excuse me?
什么?
A thousand pardons. I simply assumed you were the waiter.
真抱歉 我以为你是服务生
Play nice, Hansen.
汉森 给他留点面子
Nice is not Hansen’s strong suit.
他才不会替人留面子
Honest mistake.
我真的是无心之过
Well, Martin Hansen.
想必你就是马丁·汉森
It is Martin, isn’t it?
你是马丁吧?
Why, yes, John, it is.
没错 我就是
I imagine you’re getting quite used to miscalculation.
我猜你对误估已习以为常
I’ve read your pre prints…
我读过你的初稿…
Both of them.
两份都读过
The one on Nazi ciphers,
一份是纳粹党的密码文件
and the other one on non linear equations,
另一份是非线性方程式
and I am supremely confident…
我确信…
that there is not a single seminal
不管是哪一份
or innovative idea in either one of them.
都不具有发展和创新性
Enjoy your punch.
好好享受你的水果酒
Gentlemen, meet John Nash,
各位 这位就是约翰·纳什
the mysterious West Virginia genius.
西弗吉尼亚州的神秘天才
The other winner of the distinguished Carnegie Scholarship.
也是另一位 著名的卡内基奖学金得主
Bender. Of course.
宾达 当然了
Oh, Christ.
真要命!
The prodigal roommate arrives.
我就是你的浪子室友
Roommate?
室友?
Oh, God, no.
天呀 饶了我吧!
Did you know that having a hangover is…
你知道所谓的宿醉…
is not having enough water in your body
就是体内没有足够的水份
to run your Krebs cycles?
去执行克雷布斯循环
Which is exactly what happens to you
这和因渴至死的情况
when you’re dying of thirst.
完全一样
So, dying of thirst…
如此说来 因渴至死的感觉…
would probably feel pretty much like the hangover…
可能和宿醉的感觉一样…
that finally bloody kills you.
反正最后仍逃不过一死
John Nash?
你是约翰·纳什吗?
Hello.
哈罗
Charles Herman.
我叫查尔斯·赫曼
Pleased to meet you.
很高兴认识你
Well, it’s official.
正式宣布
I’m almost human again.
我已经恢复正常了
Officer, I saw the driver who hit me.
警官 我看见撞到我的驾驶人
His name was Johnny Walker.
他的名字是”约翰走路”
Well, I got in last night
昨晚我去参加
in time for…
英文系办的…
English department cocktails.
鸡尾酒会
Cock was mine,
我当然是那只雄纠纠的鸡
the tail belonged to a particularly lovely young thing
至于那个美丽可爱的女孩
with a passion for D.H…
则是情欲大师劳伦斯的崇拜者
D.H. Lawrence. You’re not easily distracted, are you?
你居然不怕被打扰
I’m here to work.
我是来工作的
Hmmm, are you? Right.
哎呀 那当然
I see. Crikey!
我明白了
Is my roommate a dick?
你真是个无趣的家伙
Listen. If we can’t break the ice…
既然打不破我们之间的冰山
How about we drown it?
干脆大醉一场 如何?
So what’s your story?
告诉我你的故事
You the poor kid that never got to go to Exeter or Andover?
一个从没出过家门的穷小孩
Despite my privileged upbringing,
虽然我从小接受高等教育
I’m actually quite well balanced.
但身心却很平衡
I have a chip on both shoulders.
我的弱点是人际关系
Maybe you’re just better
人与事比较起来
with the old integers than you are with people.
你恐怕比较会应付事
My first grade teacher, she told me
我的小学老师说过
that I was born with two helpings of brain,
我有两个脑袋
but only half a helping of heart.
却只有半颗心
Really? Yeah.
真的? 是呀
Wow! She sounds lovely!
哇 她似乎挺可爱的
The truth is that I…
其实…
I don’t like people much.
我并不喜欢人们
And they don’t much like me.
他们也不喜欢我
But why,
怎么可能?
with all your obvious wit and charm?
你既风趣又有魅力
Seriously, John.
说真的
Mathematics…
讲到数学嘛…
Mathematics is never going to lead you to a higher truth.
它永远不能领导你 找到更高的真理
And you know why?
想知道原因吗?
Because it’s boring. It’s really boring.
因为它太枯燥无味了
You know half these schoolboys are already published?
你知道半数以上的学生 已经发表了他们的论文
I cannot waste time with these classes…
我不能在课堂上…
and these books.
和书本上再浪费时间
Memorizing the weaker assumptions of lesser mortals!
去记住那些毫无说服力的假设吧!
I need to look through…
我必须要为博弈论
to the governing dynamics.
有所突破
Find a truly original idea.
找出它的原创理论来
That’s the only way I’ll ever distinguish myself.
那是唯一能让我出头的方法

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!