John.
约翰
Do you see what they’re doing in there?
你知道他们在做什么吗?
Congratulations. Thank you so much.
恭喜 非常感谢
Congratulations, Professor Max.
教授 恭喜你
It’s the pens.
那支笔代表着
Reserved for a member of the department
会员们
that makes the achievement of a lifetime.
肯定了他的终生成就
Now, what do you see, John?
告诉我你看到了什么?
Recognition.
表扬
Well done, Professor, well done.
做得好 教授 谢谢
Well, try seeing accomplishment.
你看到贯彻了吗?
Is there a difference?
难道还有分别吗?
John,
约翰
you haven’t focused.
你仍没有集中你的注意力
I’m sorry, but up to this point,
对不起 到目前为止
your record doesn’t warrant any placement at all.
根据你的记录 我不能保证你一定会有工作
Good day.
再见
And my compliments to you, sir.
我向你致意多谢
Thank you so much.
非常感谢
I can’t see it.
怎么就是看不出来呢
Jesus Christ, John.
约翰 你别这样
I can’t fail.
我不能失败
This is all I am.
这是我的全部呀
Come on, let’s go out.
咱们出去走走
I got to get something done.
我必须做些成绩出来
I can’t keep staring into space.
光瞪着天空不是办法
John, enough!
够了我还是向他们屈服吧
Got to face the wall,
面对墙壁
Fine, you want to do some damage? Fine…
你想来硬的 没问题
But don’t mess around. Do their classes.
别浪费时间了 上他们的课…
Come on! Go on, bust your head! Kill yourself.
干脆敲破你的脑袋自杀算了
John, do it. Don’t mess around.
好! 去呀 别浪费时间了
Bust your head!
去撞你的脑袋呀
Go on,bust that worthless head wide open.
去啊 把你那个没用的脑袋撞开
Goddamn it, Charles!
查尔斯 你这个混蛋
What the hell is your problem?!
你到底有什么毛病
It’s not my problem.
我没有毛病
And it’s not your problem.
你也没有问题
It’s their problem.
全是他们的问题
Your answer isn’t face the wall.
面对墙壁不可能找到答案
It’s out there… where you’ve been working.
答案在你工作的地方
That was heavy.
那张桌子可真重
That Isaac Newton fellow was right.
看来牛顿的理论还挺正确的
He was onto something. Clever boy.
他可真厉害 聪明的家伙
Don’t worry, that’s mine.
别担心 是我的东西
I’ll come and get it in a minute.
等会儿就去收拾
Oh,God.
我的天呀
Incoming, gentlemen.
美女来了
Deep breaths.
深呼吸
Nash, you might want to stop shuffling
纳什 你最好
your papers for five seconds.
先休息几秒钟
I will not buy you gentlemen beer.
我不请你们喝啤酒
Oh, we’re not here for beer, my friend.
我们不是来喝啤酒的
Does anyone else feel she should be moving in slow motion?
你们同不同意 她最好以慢镜头移动
Will she want a large wedding, you think?
她会要求一个盛大的婚礼吗?
Shall we say swords, gentlemen? Pistols at dawn?
要用剑决斗 还是在黄昏时用手枪决斗?
Have you remembered nothing?
你们怎么都忘了
Recall the lessons of Adam Smith,
还记得现代经济学之父
the father of modern economics.
亚当·史密斯的理论
“In competition…
在竞争中
individual ambition serves the common good.”
个人的野心 往往会促进公共利益
Exactly. Every man for himself, gentlemen.
没错 每个人都为自己着想
And those who strike out are stuck with her friends.
被三阵出局的人 只能去约她的朋友
I’m not gonna strike out.
我绝不会被三阵的
You can lead a blonde to water,
你可以把美女带到水边
but you can’t make her drink.
但你不能逼她喝水
I don’t think he said that…
他好像没说过这句话
Nobody move… She’s looking over here.
别动 她在看我们了
She’s looking at Nash.
她在看纳什
Oh, God. He may have the upper hand now,
好吧 可能他现在占有优势
but wait until he opens his mouth.
但等他一开口 保证完蛋
Remember the last time?
还记得上次吗?
Oh, yes, that was one for the history books.
对 那一次可真鲜
Adam Smith needs revision.
亚当·史密斯 需要修订他的理论了
What are you talking about?
你在说些什么?
If we all go for the blonde…
如果我们全去追那个美人…
we block each other.
结果一定全军覆没
Not a single one of us is gonna get her.
谁也得不到她
So then we go for her friends,
然后我们去找她的女朋友
but they will all give us the cold shoulder
她们肯定会浇我们冷水
because nobody likes to be second choice.
因为没人愿意屈居第二
Well, what if no one goes for the blonde?
但是若没人去追那个金发美女
We don’t get in each other’s way,
那我们之间既互不侵犯
and we don’t insult the other girls.
也没有羞辱到其他女孩
That’s the only way we win.
只有这样大家才能赢
That’s the only way we all get laid.
也只有这样才都有上床的机会
Adam Smith said
亚当·史密斯曾说过
the best result comes…
最好的结果…
from everyone in the group doing
是要能做到
what’s best for himself, right?
分工和专业 对不对?
That’s what he said, right?
那是他说的 对不对?
Incomplete. Incomplete, okay?
他的理论不完整
Because the best result will come…
因为最好的结果是…
from everyone in the group
团体中的每一个人
doing what’s best for himself and the group.
都做对本身和团体最有利的事
Nash, if this is some way for you to get the blonde on your own,
你想拿这套歪理去独占美人
you can go to hell.
门儿都没有
Governing dynamics,gentlemen.
各位 这就是所谓的博弈论
Governing dynamics. Adam Smith…
博弈论 亚当·史密斯…
was wrong.
他错了
Oh, here we go. Careful, careful.
又来啦 小心点
Thank you.
谢谢你
“C” of “S” equals “C” of “T”.
C(S)等于C(T)
You do realize this flies in the face
你知道这会推翻一百五十年来
of a 150 years of economic theory?
牢不可破的经济理论
Yes, I do, sir.
我知道
That’s rather presumptuous, don’t you think?
你不觉得太放肆了吗?
It is, sir.
是有一点
Well, Mr. Nash,
纳什先生
with a breakthrough of this magnitude,
由于你做出如此重大的突破
I’m confident you will get any placement you like.
我相信你可以去 任何你想去的地方
Wheeler Labs,
惠勒研究室
they’ll ask you to recommend two team members.
会请你介绍两位组员
Yes!
太棒了
Stills and Frank are excellent choices.
史提和法兰克应该很合适
Sol and Bender, sir.
我要阿苏和宾达
Sol and Bender are extraordinary mathematicians.
阿苏和宾达 都是非常优秀的数学家
Has it occurred to you that Sol and Bender
但你可曾想过
might have plans of their own?
他们俩可能另有打算
Baby! Wheeler, we made it!
我们终于能进惠勒研究室了
Cheers, cheers, cheers!
干杯 干
To…
祝…
Okay, awkward moment, gentlemen.
各位 尴尬的时刻来了
Governing dynamics.
博弈论
Congratulations, John. Thanks.
约翰 恭喜你了 谢谢
Toast! To Wheeler Labs!
干杯 为惠勒研究室干杯
To Wheeler!
为惠勒研究室干杯
“1953年 五角大楼”
“五年后”
General, the analyst from Wheeler Lab is here.
将军 惠勒研究室的分析家到了
Dr. Nash, your coat?
纳什博士 你的外套

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!