不过她们会再说好几遍 怕我们没听见
But they always try again, just in case we’ve missed it.
等等
Hey, wait!
那是贝琪 她不能跟我们讲话
That’s Becky. She’s not allowed to talk to us.
为什么
Why not?
她是女佣而且是个黑人
She’s a servant girl, and she has dark skin.
那又怎么样
So?
这还不够吗
Well, doesn’t that mean something?
对不起 我不是
I’m sorry, I…
需要我为你做什么 小姐
Is there anything I can do for you, miss?
我只是上楼来换鞋
I just came up here to change my shoes.
不 没什么
No, there’s nothing.
请原谅 可你待在这里我们都会有麻烦
Well, then begging your pardon, but we’ll both be in trouble if you stay.
好了 姑娘们 排好队
All right, girls, pair up.
排好队
Pair up.
亲爱的贝琪 希望我们能成为朋友 莎拉
爱德华爵士看见女儿眼里的忧伤
“Sir Edward saw the sorrow in his daughter’s eyes…
但他知道家族荣誉是首要的
…but he knew that family honor must prevail at all costs.
贵族身份不能被忽视
Nobility was not thought to be trifled with.
“我向你求婚 夏洛特” 他说
‘I beg of you, Charlotte,’ he said.
“答应约翰爵士春天嫁给他”
‘Marry Sir John in the spring, as he has asked.’
谢谢 拉维妮亚
Thank you, Lavinia.
莎拉 你接着读
Sara, you may take your turn.
夏洛特转过身对父亲说 “父亲 你是对的”
“Charlotte turned to her father and said, ‘Father, you are right.
“我必须打消那愚蠢疯狂幼稚的想法”
‘I must put away my foolish fancies and childhood wishes.’
但我不想那么做
But I simply won’t do it.
对不起 父亲
I’m sorry, Father.
我不能嫁给我不爱的人
When I marry, it’ll be for love.
说着 夏洛特冲出房♥子
And with that, Charlotte ran from the house.
在外面等待她的是英俊的马夫 皮埃尔
Waiting outside was the handsome stable boy, Pierre…
夏洛特心爱的王子
…whom Charlotte secretly adored.
他们逃到海边
Together they escaped to the coast
坐船去塔帝岛
and quickly set sail to the island for Tahiti.
途中遭到
But when they were halfway there,
一帮海盗的袭击
their ship was attacked by band of pirates!
不想被活着吃掉
Rather than be eaten alive…
夏洛特和皮埃尔跳进汹涌的大海
…Charlotte and Pierre threw themselves into the raging sea.
在他们将要被淹没时
As they began to drown
紧紧拥抱着山盟海誓
…they held each other close, and swore undying love.
绝望之际一群美人鱼出现
But then, when all seemed lost, a group of mermaids appeared and rescued…
别说了
Stop!
你在干什么
What are you doing?
我不忍♥心看她嫁给那个人
I couldn’t bear to see Charlotte marry that man,
就想像了另一个结局
so I imagined a different ending.
你想像的
Imagined it?
您从来不这样吗
Don’t you ever do that, Miss Minchin?
相信某种东西 让它像是真的
Believe in something, just to make it seem real?
什么都不缺的孩子才会想像
That’s easy for a child who has everything.
学校里不允许想像
There will be no more make-believe at this school…
阅读时间或其他时间都不允许
…during reading or any other time.
-明白了吗 -是 米切思小姐
-Is that understood? -Yes, Miss Minchin.
都回房♥间去
All of you, go to your bed this instant.
我从没听过这么好听的故事
I never heard a story like that in my whole life.
你一定知道很多故事 对吗 莎拉
I…I bet you know lots of them, don’t you, Sara?
不许说话
I want silence up there!
我们得想法怎么对付这些规矩
We have to do something about this communication rule.
等米切思小姐睡着后
Hey, after Minchin goes to bed…
我们去你房♥间听你给我们讲故事
…we’ll sneak into your room, and you can tell us a real story is.
行吗 莎拉
How about it, Sara?
只能你们三个人来
Only if it’s just you three.
快来 快来
Come on, come on.
怪兽拉瓦纳把公主锁在魔宫的塔楼上
The evil Ravana locked the princess up in his palace tower.
好几个星期
There she stayed for many weeks…
公主看着窗外
…just staring out her window…
非常思念她的王子
…missing her Prince Rama terribly.
你真漂亮 就像爱米丽
Perfect. You look just like Emily.
我父亲讨厌洋娃娃 他不愿意来看我
My father hates dolls. And he hates coming here.
说他不属于这里
Says he doesn’t belong.
那他为什么送你来
Then why does he send you?
他想给我找个地方住
Because he wants me to belong.
我的小女儿 她会说法语 她真的会说法语
My little girl. She spoke French! She really spoke French.
我和你母亲为你自豪
Your mother and I are very proud of you.
我抓到你了
I caught you, Nellie!
爸爸
Papa!
兰道夫 乔思
Randolph… John!
拉玛王子向魔宫走去
Rama approached the thorny palace…
他不知道怪兽拉瓦纳正在等着他
…unaware that Ravana was waiting for him.
好了 我受够了
That’s it! I can’t take it anymore!
我才不管你说什么
I don’t care what you say about Sara’s stories.
她的故事比看你梳头有趣得多
They’ ve got to be more fun than watching your hair being combed!
如果还有人这么想 可以马上走
If anyone else feels the same way, I think she should leave too.
怪兽拉瓦纳还没出来
But the evil Ravana was not through yet.
这次它举起一张弓和十枝箭
This one, he took a bow that could hold, not one, but 10 arrows…
每枝箭头上都抹了毒药
…each filled with the deadly poison.
箭划破长空
The arrows sped through the air…
对准王子飞过来
…heading straight for Rama.
箭射到地上
And the arrows hit the ground…
放出毒气 冒出一股黄色的浓烟
…and released their poison, giant clouds of thick, yellow smoke.
-我想要一块大的蛋糕 -快点 洛蒂
-I want a big piece! -Oh, hush up, Lottie.
莎拉公主会很公平
I am sure “Princess” Sara will give everyone a fair share.
对吗 公主
Right, Princess?
我告诉她你是公主
I told her that’s what you were.
不只是我 所有女孩都是公主
Well, not just me. All girls are princesses.
包括像你一样坏脾气的女孩
Even snotty, two-faced bullies like you, Lavinia.
拉维妮亚 给你一块大的
Here, Lavinia, you get a big piece.
米切思小姐
Miss Minchin?
是的 有什么事吗
Yes, may I help you?
我叫巴洛
I’m Mr. Barrow.
是克鲁上尉的律师
Captain Crewe’s solicitor.
请进来吧
Oh, yes, do come in.
我们正在为莎拉庆祝生日
We’re just celebrating little Sara’s birthday.
能和您私下谈谈吗
May I speak to you in private?
当然可以 请跟我来
Oh, yes, of course. Right this way.
您看见了 莎拉在这里很受欢迎
May I just say is about that Sara is quite the favorite around here.
我们为她的生日做了精心准备
We went to great lengths to make this a special day for her.
恐怕这个月的支票数额会很大
I’m afraid your check to us this month will be rather large.
不会再有支票了 米切思小姐
There will be no check, Miss Minchin.
您说什么
Excuse me?
生日聚会结束 你们立即回自己房♥间去
The party is over! I want everyone go to their rooms, this instant!
可是我们
But Miss Minchin, we…
莎拉 你留下
Sara, you will stay behind.
有件事要告诉你
I have something to tell you.
快走
Move!
爱米丽亚 到莎拉房♥间找件黑衣服
Amelia, go to Sara’s room and find a simple black dress.
要是没有合适的 先借一件
If nothing is suitable, borrow one from other girls.
-可是 姐姐 -按我说的去做
-But, sister, I… -Do as I say.
我为什么需要黑衣服
Why would I need a black dress, Miss Minchin?
因为有个坏消息 莎拉
I’m afraid I have some bad news, Sara.
你父亲
Your father has…
你父亲
Your father…
你父亲已经死了
It’s been discovered that your father has died.
几个星期前他阵亡了
He was killed in battle several weeks ago.
我很遗憾
I’m sorry.
但这是事实
That’s the reality, the situation,
无人能改变
and there’s nothing anyone can do to change it.
还有 英国政♥府♥没收了他的公♥司♥
What’s more, the British government has seized control of his company
和所有财产
and all of his assets…
没给你留下一分钱
…leaving you penniless, without any money.
你没有别的亲戚 这让我很为难
And since you’ve no relations, this puts me in a terrible position.
你看什么
What are you staring at?
不明白我的话吗
Don’t you understand what I’m saying?
你现在在这世上无依无靠

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!