Do you understand what I’m saying?
是的 女士
Yes, ma’am.
很好
Good.
可我并不相信
But I don’t believe in it.
别跟我说你仍旧是什么公主
Don’t tell me you still fancy yourself a princess.
上帝 看看你周围
Good God, child, look around you!
去照照镜子
Or better yet, look in the mirror.
我是公主
I am a princess.
所有的女孩都是
All girls are.
即使她们住在窄小的阁楼上
Even if they live in tiny old attics.
即使她们穿得破破烂烂
Even if they dress in rags.
即使她们不漂亮不聪明不再年轻
Even if they aren’t pretty or smart or young.
她们还是公主 我们全都是
They’re still princesses. All of us.
您父亲没有告诉过你
Didn’t your father ever tell you that?
他没有吗
Didn’t he?
我再发现你和别的女孩在这里
If I find you up here with any other girls again…
就把你扔到街上去
…I’ll throw you out into the street!
我们该怎么办
What’re we going to do?
整天都会没有饭吃
A whole day with nothing to eat.
贝琪 别哭
Don’t cry, Becky.
我很害伯
I’m scared.
如果米切思把我赶走 我没有地方可去
If Minchin throws me out, I’ve got no place to go.
放心吧
That’s not true.
我会陪着你 我一直觉得我们是姐妹
I’m here with you. I’ve always thought of us as sisters.
是真的
You have?
我们发誓永远照顾对方
Let’s make a promise riight now to always look out for each other.
我发誓
It’s a promise.
现在怎么能找点吃的呢
Now, what are we going to do about food?
我们会饿死的
Starve, I guess.
不会 我们要做一件事
No, there’s only one thing to do.
睡觉前吃一顿丰盛的晚宴
We’ll eat a great feast before we go to sleep…
这样明天就不会觉得饿
…and that will keep us full all day tomorrow.
晚宴 什么晚宴
Feast? What feast?
你看
Just look around.
看见那边的桌子了吗
Do you see that table there?
铺着洁白的台布
It’s covered with a beautiful cloth…
还有蜡烛
…and candles…
托盘里放着各种美味可口的食物
…and trays of good things to eat.
来吧 贝琪
Come on, Becky.
告诉我那上面都有什么
Tell me what kind of food there is.
可我什么也没看见
But I don’t see any food.
试试看 贝琪
Try, Becky.
想像那里有 记得你对我说的话吗
Just make-believe it. Remember what you told me?
神奇的魔法
About the magic?
-小松饼 -很好 什么样的
-Muffins? -Good! What kind?
各种各样的
All kinds.
都是最好的 还是热的呢
Every kind of muffin God ever made, and all of them hot.
很好
Good!
可我们没有漂亮衣服参加晚宴
But we’re not dressed right for such an elegant banquet.
我披着有毛领的紫色丝绒披肩
I’m wearing a long velvet cape with fur on the collar.
你呢
How about you?
我喜欢钻石
Well, I always liked diamonds myself.
耳环 戒指 裙子上镶满钻石
Rings and bracelets, and a whole dress covered with them.
那些香肠的味好香
Smell those sausages!
我喜欢香肠
I love sausages.
贝琪 贝琪
Becky! Becky!
天哪
Oh, my Lord!
你实在是太神奇了
I think you went a little too far this time.
不是我
It wasn’t me.
穿上吧
Go ahead.
我们像是遇见天使了
I feel like I’ve been touched by an angel.

Look!
正是我们点的菜
Just what we ordered.
这让我有些害伯
I’m a little scared about all of this.
我也是 这东西能吃吗
Me too. Do you think we shouldn’t eat it?
我还没怕到这地步
I’m not that scared.
谢谢你照顾我 给你们添麻烦了
Thank you for all your kindness. I’m so sorry to inconvenience you.
这没什么 主人
It is nothing, sahib.
这话
That word…
听起来很耳熟
It sounds so familiar…
可我不知道它的意思
…yet I don’t know what it means.
这不是英语 我们曾经用过
It is not English. We use it where I am from.
在印度
In India.
印度
India…
您懂印度语
You know it?

No.
一切都那么模糊
Everything’s just a blur.
也许有一天我会想起来
Maybe someday I’ll sort it out.
您会的 主人
You will, sahib.
你会的
You will.
你好
Yoo-hoo?
法兰西斯
Hey! Frances!
等一等
One minute.
我的天
Oh, my God.
法兰西斯
Frances!
它在哪
Where is it?
项链在哪
Where’s the locket?
把它给我 把它给我
Give it to me! Give it to me!
这是什么
What is all this?
从哪来的
Where’d it come from?
我不知道 一觉醒来就有了
I don’t know. I just woke up and it was here.
是你偷来的 就像你偷了这项链
You stole it, didn’t you? Just like you stole this locket!

No!
你是个肮脏的小贼
You’re nothing but a dirty little thief.
我有责任保护这里所有孩子
It’s my responsibility to protect the children in this school
不让她们受你的影响
from animals like you.
但是
But Miss Minchin…
收拾东西 警♥察♥会马上把你带走
Pick your things. You’ll be leaving with the police very shortly!
不 米切思小姐
No, Miss Minchin!
我没偷东西
I didn’t do it.
米切思小姐 我没偷东西
Miss Minchin, please!
真的没有
Miss Minchin, I didn’t do it!
我说了 你要马上把她带走
You heard me. I want her picked up immediately!
你把绷带取下来了
You’ve removed the bandages.
不再需要了 我的视力已经恢复
I didn’t see there wasn’t much point. I can see all right.
进来喝杯白兰地
That’s well, come on in, have a brandy.
别担心
Don’t worry.
他们会相信你的
I’m sure they’ll believe you.
不 我得逃出去
No, Becky! I have to get out.
怎么逃 我的房♥间也被锁上了
But how? My room’s locked too.
警♥察♥来了
The police, they’re here!
快点 上楼去
Let’s go, boys. Step lively now.
快来帮帮我
Quick, help me with this board!
-这边 -是 女士
-Right this way. -Yes, madam.
你会掉下去
You’ll fall!
我能过去
I can do it.
我会回来接你
I’ll come back for you. I promise.
她要干什么
What is she doing?
你给我回来
Get back in here!
-那个小畜牲想溜 -我们会抓住
-The little beast is running away! -We’re trying, miss.
我的天
Good God!
别光站在这里 快去隔壁抓她
Well, don’t just stand there! Go next door and find her!
你们最好把她也带走
And take this one while you’re at it.
我昨晚听见你在梦里喊叫
I heard you calling in your sleep last night.
我有时候做梦 梦见我身体的一部分不见了
Sometimes when I dream, I sense a part of me that’s missing.
很奇怪我心里总有样东西
It’s strange, feeling having your heart remember
可脑子想不起是什么
something your mind can’t.
见到一个小孩跳过来吗
She jumped like a little animal.
这个时候会是谁
Who’s that at this hour?
让我们进去
Let us in, man.
学校的一个孩子躲藏进了您家

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!