Well, thank you very much! If you’re not careful,
好吧 真谢谢你 你要不小心
I’ll come and breathe all over you!
我会熏死你的
Oh, get me a last glass of something, anything!
给我也来一杯 什么都行
That’ll do. Get that down you.
行了 给你倒上
Cheers. Cheers.
干杯 干杯
Did you put poison in this glass?!
你在杯里下毒了吗
No, I merely looked at it.
没有 我只是看了看而已
I want to see you drink it.
我要看你喝光它
Come to an end.
终于结束了
Life as we have known it.
生命就像我们知道的一样
I wanted to be happy in our retirement.
我想着退休后我会幸福的
I am angry he got ill,
他病了我非常生气
we had better things to do than die!
和死亡相比 我们有无数更美好的计划
Damn it! Damn it!
该死的 该死
We’d better go.
我们走吧
Right, has everyone done four handfuls?
每个人都洒了四把吗
Sophie, you have, Jessica has, I have…
索菲 你洒了 杰西卡洒了 我洒了
I’ve done three.
我只洒了三把
Well, do a fourth.
那就洒第四把
Think I’ve found something.
好像有什么东西
Look at this.
看这个
Must be a screw from the coffin.
肯定是棺材上的螺丝
If anybody says a word about your father
如果有人说你们的父亲
having a screw loose.
少了个螺丝的话
Mrs Turner, would you be angry
特纳夫人 如果我拿刷子擦一擦
if I gave these a rub with a brush?
你不会生气吧
Why would I be angry?
我为什么要生气
Well, people are strange when it comes to dying.
当提起死亡的时候 人总会变得奇怪
It’s hard to let go of
对于深爱的人和他的一切
who we love and all they had about them.
我们总是很难释怀
Do you believe in ghosts?
你相信有鬼魂吗
It’s not the dead put the wind up me, it’s the living.
比起死人 我更害怕活人
No, no superstitions, I don’t entertain them.
不要迷信 我不会拿他们开玩笑的
I’m glad you’re bearing up.
我很高兴你撑住了
Doctor Turner is a very big loss.
特纳医生的死是非常大的遗憾
You know what has to be done and you do it,
你知道你该做什么而且你做到了
and more power to you, I say.
我会说 你更加坚强了
Oh, Jesus, I poison you with compliments!
天哪 我的恭维伤害了你
Come on, back to work, both of us!
来吧 我们一起继续工作吧
Damnation!
该死的
Diana?
戴安娜
Could you get me a couple of plasters or something?
你能帮我拿点药膏吗
Look at this.
你看我的手
Tripped for no good reason.
毫无理由地摔倒了
There you are. What would I do without you?
给你 没有你我该怎么办啊
See you later. Surgery?
再见 这里是门诊
So you have a fair idea of the tests we’ll need?
你了解你要做的化验吗
Yes, and I’ll do them all.
是的 我全部都要做
Well, I’ll arrange… I have no
那我安排 我没有意见
doubts about it. It’s what I want.
这就是我想要的
Having a child… Have you got children?
怀上一个孩子 你有孩子吗
Three.
3个
My mother’s very ill.
我母亲病危了
A stroke.
她中风了
A whole series of small ones then a whammer.
一连串小病后的巨大打击
She whispered something to me after the first.
她一见到我就在我耳边说
She said, “love your children. ”
她说 “要爱你的孩子”
Your mother sounds very wise.
听起来你母亲十分睿智
Edward.
爱德华
Edward?
爱德华
Thank you for all this.
谢谢你做的一切
How could I manage?
我一个人肯定做不来的
I love it, you know I do.
我喜欢干这些 你知道的
Makes a pleasant change from the office in London…
这是愉快的改变 从伦敦的办公室
What’s the matter?
怎么了
Are you all right?
你还好吗
Oh, don’t take any notice.
别太在意
It’s the house, so quiet without daddy.
是房♥子 爸爸不在太安静了
Would it devastate you if I were to sell it?
如果我卖♥♥了它 你会崩溃吗
Oh, snap me out of this,
爱德华 我得振作起来
Edward, I’m being maudlin!
我现在太脆弱了
I should do something to help, hard work!
我该做点什么的 这太难了
What do you want me to do?
你想我怎样
I’d like you to go back in the kitchen
你现在回厨房♥去
and make a cup of tea, please,
泡上一杯茶
Because in the garden you are Genghis Khan.
在花♥园♥里你就是成吉思汗
Really!
真的吗
It was his children drove Genghis Khan to destruction!
是成吉思汗的孩子葬送了他的王朝
And I sympathise!
我深表同情
How was she? She seems very emotional all the time.
她怎样了 她最近很情绪化
Never know if she’s going to bite your head off,
搞不懂什么时候会大发脾气
laugh or cry.
一会哭一会笑
She’s still in mourning, Edward.
爱德华 她还在戴孝
Has she mentioned selling the house?
她提过卖♥♥♥房♥♥子的事吗
No, I’m not selling it.
我没有要卖♥♥
I wasn’t being serious.
我不是认真的
Edward that worried about losing his garden?
爱德华那么担心失去他的花♥园♥吗
He’s worried about you grieving.
他是怕你太伤心了
Well, why can’t he speak out? Why send you?
那他自己怎么不说 干嘛派你来
He didn’t. I came myself.
他没派我来 我自己来的
I expect Jessica as well.
我猜杰西卡也一样
Are you all on a mission?
你们是执行任务吗
Why are you so touchy? This has come out of the blue.
你干嘛这么敏感 为何这么突然
What has?
什么突然
Selling the house, moving.
卖♥♥♥房♥♥子 搬走
I said I’m not! It’s just… Oh,
我说了我没有 只是
It’s just such a big house to maintain.
这么大的房♥子太难打理了
There are always things going wrong.
常常有东西坏掉
The lights keep blowing.
灯经常都烧掉
Have to get an electrician in.
要找个电工来了
It’s just one thing after another…
总是接二连三的
And I’ve had a few nasty falls.
我还重重地摔了一跤
It’s probably nothing, just me being careless,
应该没什么事 只是我不小心
I expect. You must go to the doctor!
我猜 你一定要去看医生
Sophie, I’ve been practising medicine for thirty years.
索菲 我已经从医30年了
I don’t need advice!
我不需要你来指教
Say something. And have you bite my head off?
说话啊 你是在生我的气吗
You’re tearing up plants, mother, stop it!
妈妈 你会毁了这些植物的 住手
They’re my ruddy plants to tear up!
我有权处理我自己的该死的植物
Say nothing to your brother and sister.
什么都不要跟你哥哥姐姐说
Then you’ll go to a doctor.
那你要去看医生
Promise?
说定了 好吗
Of course.
当然
But I break promises, it’s part of my charm.
不过毁约就是我的魅力所在
I think I’ve found the problem!
我想我发现问题了
Mrs Turner, are you there?
特纳夫人 你在吗
See what he wants. I’ll take these upstairs.
看他需要什么 我把这些拿上楼
Coming!
来了
Don’t tell me this is going to be a big job.
别告诉我需要大修
Mrs Turner! Jesus Christ, Mrs Turner!
我的天哪 特纳夫人
We’ll have to lift her! Don’t move a muscle of her!
我们把她抬起来 千万别移♥动♥她
We’ll have to fetch a doctor. Well, get a move on!
要找个医生来 赶快去
I’ll stay with her.
我留下来看着她
What is the matter with you, Mrs Turner?
你怎么了 特纳夫人
Oh, is there much blood?
是不是留了很多血
Don’t you worry about that.
你就别担心了
Is the laundry ruined?
床单岂不是白洗了
All that ironing for nothing.
刚刚都白熨了
I’ll give you a hand…
我来帮你
Just you stay put one move and I’ll give you laundry.
待着别动 我会帮你洗的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!