What is happening to me?
我怎么了
What is happening?
我到底怎么了
Jack, Sophie, Edward, Jessica.
杰克 索菲 爱德华 杰西卡
Jessica, Edward, Sophie, Jack.
杰西卡 爱德华 索菲 杰克
Help me, help me.
帮我 帮帮我
Help me, help me.
帮我 帮帮我
Worst diagnosis I could have had.
这是我做过最糟的体♥检♥
You would agree with that, I presume? Yes.
我猜你也同意 没错
The odds of this happening twice in one
在同一个家庭成员身上复发的
family must be many millions to one.
机率是万分之一
So…
所以
A bomb going off slowly but surely inside my body,
一个炸♥弹♥缓慢的在我体内爆♥炸♥
and there is nothing to be done, is there?
我们却无能无力
You could lie to me, Richard.
你本可以骗我的 理查德
You could comfort me.
你本可以安慰我一下的
I know you too well not to, Dr Turner.
我太了解你了 特纳医生
Yeah.
没错
Thank you for sparing me nothing, I do prefer that.
谢谢你告诉我 我宁愿知道
Courage, boys, courage.
勇气 孩子 勇气
Richard, it’s me.
理查德 是我
I’m at the surgery.
我在诊所
I might appreciate that lift home. Thanks.
能来接我回家吗 谢谢
Still taking it all in…
目前我还是无法
the news.
接受它
One thing to ask. Fire away.
只想问一件事 说吧
Any point in more tests?
有必要做更多测试吗
Any hope they could be wrong?
有测试出错的可能吗
Well, there’s always hope, Anne.
永远都有希望的 安娜
Have you said anything to the children?
你告诉孩子们了吗
Well, what will they be able to do?
他们能做什么呢
You need to tell them.
你需要告诉他们
Would you like me to break the news? I’m happy to do it.
要让我宣布吗 我愿意效劳
Then one of us is.
反正是我们其中一个
More tests, then?
那就再多做些测试吧
Let battle commence.
开始战斗吧
Psp.
渐进性核上性麻痹
Progressive supranuclear palsy.
渐进性核上性麻痹
Are you going to say nothing?
你们不发表点意见吗
Better ask me what it bloody is while I can still answer you.
最好趁我还能回答时问我那是什么鬼东西
Is it… is it like daddy’s?
是像爸爸那样吗
Worse.
更糟
This can’t happen twice. It has.
不可能这么巧的 但却发生了
It can’t. It can’t, they must be wrong.
不能 不可能 一定是弄错了
No… they’re not wrong, Sophie.
不 没有错 索菲
What are the symptoms?
有什么症状
Can’t speak. Can’t swallow, fed by tube.
不能说话 不能吞食 食管灌食
Can’t see. May not be able to even blink.
看不见 可能连眨眼都不行
I’m already prone to uncontrollable
我开始控制不了自己的
fits of laughter, tears, rage,
喜怒哀乐
for no reason. Falling backwards…
毫无原因 退化
that’s how it’s even worse
就是这些症状
than what killed your father, to put it bluntly.
比你们爸爸的更严重
That is psp.
这就是渐进性核上性麻痹
That is what I have. It’s rotten bad luck.
就是我得的病 背死了
What are we going to do?
我们该怎么办
I’ve made up my mind.
我已经决定了
I don’t want to hear this.
我不想听
I would like you to respect my decision.
我希望你们尊重我的决定
What have you decided?
你决定了什么
Suicide.
自杀
What have you just said?
你说什么
Would you be so kind as to repeat what you have just said?
你能好心地重复一次吗
No, I wouldn’t, Sophie.
我做不到 索菲
Why not? Because three of you have me clearly.
为什么 因为你们听得很清楚了
How else would you like me to tell you? Morse code?
你们还希望我怎么说 摩斯密♥码♥吗
Bush telegraph? Smoke signals?
还是用密电 或者烟雾信♥号♥♥
I think the world’s gone mad.
整个世界都彻底疯了
I feel remarkably sane. That makes one of us.
我感觉很正常 是要把我们逼疯了
What’s has made you decide?
是什么让你下的决心
It’s been decided for me, Edward.
这是注定的 爱德华
How has it?
怎么可能
The disease, Jessica, that’s what’s decided it.
杰西卡 就是这个病决定的
We can’t allow you to kill yourself.
我们不许让你自杀
Allow me?
不许
I can’t, mum.
我不同意 妈妈
None of the three of us can.
我们三个都不同意
Excuse me. Mother, please, you must discuss this.
失陪了 妈妈 求你了 再讨论一下吧
No discussion. Don’t be so damn selfish. Listen to me.
不用讨论了 别这么自私 听我说
She’s just had dreadful news. So have we.
她和我们一样刚听到这糟糕的消息
Edward. Come on.
爱德华 来
Please don’t let this happen.
上帝保佑不要发生这些
Please.
上帝保佑
Will you read this?
能读读这个吗
Do you see what it is? Times and dates and days
知道这是什么吗 时间和日期
What do they mean? You’ll know I’ve
是什么意思 你知道我已经
already fallen down the stairs,
从楼梯上摔下来了
Well, here are the rest of those memorable occasions
这些是其他值得纪念的
when I could no longer control myself.
我无法控制自己的场合
They are a record of each time I’ve fallen,
这些是我摔倒
or dropped what I was holding,
拿不住手里的东西
or was helpless.
或者无能为力时的记录
That is my list. Look at the length of it.
这就是我的清单 看它有多长
This is already happening so often.
这些已经时常发生了
Is this what you want for me?
这是你们希望的吗
We just want you to live.
我们希望你活着
So do I, Jessica.
我也希望 杰西卡
We want to help you. We’ll all help you.
我们想帮你 我们都会帮你的
All right. Tell me.
好吧 告诉我
Mention palliative care, though, and I’ll turn violent.
用消极治疗方法 我就会变得暴躁
Perhaps you’ll lock me in the bedroom?
你可能会把我锁在房♥间里
Face it, did the same thing to your poor father.
醒醒吧 像对你可怜的父亲一样对我
You did the very best for him.
你给他做了最好的安排
That’s why we ask you to let us do the same for you.
所以我们求你让我们也能这样对你
Be there for you.
在你身边陪着你
What do you want me to do?
你们想让我怎么做
You could move into a house you can cope with.
你可以搬进你能打理的房♥子
Single storey. A bungalow?
一层 平房♥吗
Dear, dear, you’d put me in a bungalow.
天哪 你要把我放到平房♥里
It makes sense, mother.
这很合理 妈妈
Don’t dazzle me with sense, Sophie,
别跟我讲大道理 索菲
it was never your strong point.
这不是你的强项
A bungalow! Bungalow!
平房♥ 平房♥
Perhaps if I keep saying it I might
没准我不停的说就会
resist the temptation to emigrate.
抵挡住移♥民♥的诱惑
I hear Eastbourne’s lively.
我听到了伊斯特本的呼唤
I wonder if it’s full of bungalows!
我猜那里肯定都是平房♥
She makes it sound like
她说的好像我们
we’re putting her in the workhouse.
要把她放到救济院一样
I heard that! You were meant to!
我听到了 你是成心的
I knew it. Looks like a scout hut.
我知道 看起来想侦查兵的帐篷
It’s less than a mile from home.
离家不到1英里
It might just as well be Edinburgh.
跟爱丁堡一样
The cat will hate it.
猫会讨厌这里的
It’s not perfect, but then, what is?
这都不完美的话 还有什么完美呢
I’m sorry. I was to cried in front of everyone
对不起 我都要
in the town by now, it’s ridiculous.
在大家面前哭了 这太荒谬了
I’m either crying or losing my rag completely.
我要么大哭要么就大发脾气
Sophie, you should tell me to pull myself together.
索菲 你应该让我振作起来
Really should.
真的应该
It’s low maintenance.
很容易打理

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!