After all the times those kids have tortured that poor dog.
你应该向它学习 它们不会…
I mean, you should take a lesson from him. They don’t…
它们不会整晚担心地睡不着
They don’t stay up all night worrying.
它们搞明白了如何让我们两个
They figured out how to get the two of us
完全按照它们的意愿做事
to do exactly what they want.
我是说 仔细想想的话
I mean, they are basically
它们其实是非常高级的小寄生虫
very sophisticated little parasites when you think about it.
最笨的生物总是最快乐的
Well, the dumbest creatures are always the happiest.
看看你妈就知道了
Just look at your mother.
它真的是在享受当下
He’s really just living the moment.
就像现在
It’s like now.
还有什么能比和你窝在一起更好呢
What could be better than being tucked up here with you?
就算我现在死掉 也没有关系
If I died right now, it would be OK.
对我来说可不行
Well, it wouldn’t be OK with me,
所以不如你闭上嘴 去换唱片吧
so why don’t you shut up and go change the record.
好答案
Good answer.
你知道吗 如果你没意见的话
You know what? I was thinking about
我想下周带着这些唱片一起去丹佛
taking them up to Denver with me next week if it’s okay with you.
是我妈 她很爱这些
It’s my mom. She loves them.
大概你们英雄所见略同吧
Probably that recognition of a similar mind.
你就坐那儿别动 老头子
You stay there, old man.
乔治·法尔科纳
领带打成温莎结
不 我没忘记买♥♥金酒
No, I did not forget the gin.
我十分钟后到你家
I’ll see you in ten minutes.
艾尔瓦
克里斯托弗 如果我杀了你 你愿意吗
Christopher, would you like it if I killed you?
我不知道
I don’t know.
如果你再这样 我们就会知道了
If you keep this up, we’re going to find out.
所以不如你回家去 别再乱对人开枪了
So, why don’t you go home and stop shooting people?
真高兴见到你
I’m so happy to see you.
进来吧
Come on in.
闻起来好香
It smells wonderful.
我好饿 露易莎呢
I’m very hungry. Where is Loisa?
我让她今晚休息 我自己下厨
I gave her the night off. I’m cooking myself.
-是吗 -是的 我要尝试点新鲜的东西
– You are? – Yes, and I’m trying something new.
亲爱的夏莉 “你下厨”就是新鲜事
Charley darling, “You cooking” is new.
别自作聪明
Don’t be smart.
我今晚心情很好 我要好好享受
I’m in a good mood tonight. I’m going to be fun.
我已经下定了两个新年决心
I’ve already made two New Year’s resolutions.
决心一 再也不谈那些根本不在乎我的
Resolution one: No more talk about awful ex-husbands
诸位糟糕前夫和小孩
and children who don’t give a damn.
-另一个呢 -另一个什么
– And the other one? – One what?
决心
Resolution.
决心二 尽情抽烟 尽情喝酒 管它的呢
Resolution two: More smoking and more drinking and screw it all!
所以快点
So, come on.
给我调杯酒
Mix me up a drink.
我要一杯金汤力
I’ll have a gin and tonic, please.
-注意了 亲爱的 -马上就来
– And watch out baby! – Coming up.
你今晚能过来真贴心
It was sweet of you to come tonight.
和贴心没什么关系
You know, sweet had nothing to do with it.
是我需要见你
I needed to see you.
乔 别扯了
Oh, Geo, come off it.
每次你做了什么贴心的事 你总是不好意思承认
Whenever you do something sweet, you’re too ashamed to admit it.
敬我们提前的新年决心
Here is to our early New Year’s resolutions.
干杯
Cheers.
话说 你的新年决心是什么
What are your resolutions by the way?
彻彻底底 永永远远地 放下过去
To let go of the past completely, entirely, and forever.
帮我点烟 好吗
Light me up, will you?
亲爱的 你脸色不太好
Darling, you don’t look well.
你还记得你去年心脏病发过一次吗
Do you remember that little heart attack you had last year?
-那不是心脏病发作 -不管那是什么 亲爱的
– It wasn’t a heart attack. – Well whatever it was darling…
你气色都不太好
you don’t look so hot.
我没事 我从未感觉这么好过
I’m fine. I never felt better.
我只是有点累了
I’m a little tired.
-我的睡眠出问题… -乔 这很正常
– I haven’t been sleeping… – Geo, it’s normal.
你和吉姆在一起16年了
You were with Jim for 16 years.
我仍然每天都想起理查德
I think about Richard every day.
独自一人是很难熬的
It’s hard being alone.
至少你还有一份工作 还有生活
At least you have a job and a life.
我们吃点晚餐吧 好吗
Let’s have a bit of dinner shall we?
因为我千辛万苦才做出这顿晚餐
Because I’ve worked so very hard.
你在说什么啊
What are you talking about?
说真的 以后再也没有”老”这种说法了
Seriously, there’s no such thing as old anymore.
前几天 我一个学生称我为长者
The other day one of my students has called me a senior citizen.
我不介意”老”这种说法消失
I wouldn’t mind if old didn’t exist…
但我也不确定”长者”是我想要的
but I’m not sure senior is what I’m aiming for either.
一切都变得越来越乏味 我不是为此才来美国的
It’s all becoming so bland. It’s not why I came to America.
文化和礼仪仿佛荡然无存
It’s like a complete breakdown of culture and manners.
年轻人就是没礼貌
The young ones have no manners.
前几天在洗车店
The other day at the car wash
一个年轻人上下打量我之后
a young man looked me up and down…
问我我的金发是否是天生的
and asked me if I was a natural blonde.
-你怎么回答的 -我直视他的双眼
– What did you say? – I looked him straight in the eye…
然后说 这么说吧 如果我倒立
and said: “Let’s just say if I stood on my head…
那就是天生的棕发 且那张”小嘴”的口气很清新
I would be a natural brunette with lovely breath.”
-你不是吧 -我真那么说的
– You didn’t! – I did!
好笑的是 他根本没听懂
And the amusing thing was that it went right over his head!
以前在伦敦时 你嘴巴就很犀利了
You know, you had a mouth on you even back in London.
你还记不记得
Do you remember that
那个把酒从你头顶倒下去的老拉拉
old lesbian who threw her drink over your head…
因为你问她她是不是屌♥大如柱
because you asked her if she was hung like a donut.
没错
Yes!

Geo.
我们随时可以回伦敦的 就我们两个
We could always go back to London. The two of us.
-不了 谢谢 -你知道你怀念那里
– No, thanks. – You know you miss it.
我有时是会怀念
I miss it sometimes.
如果吉姆活着 我也许会回去
Maybe if Jim had lived.
他很喜欢待在英格兰
He loved being in England.
我们上次去那里 他就求我跟他留下来
He asked us to stay the last time we were there.
你真以为你会搬去住吗
Do you really think you would have moved?
我不知道
I don’t know.
光是讨论这个问题都很傻 不过是个幻想而已
It’s silly to even talk about it. It was only a fantasy.
这是什么
What’s this?
是我母亲的婚戒
It’s my mother’s wedding ring.
我清理抽屉的时候发现的
I found it a drawer when I was cleaning out.
亲爱的夏莉 我们都需要再喝一杯
Charley my dear, you and I are both in need of another drink.
等等 等一下
Wait! Wait, wait!
我超喜欢这首
I love this!
-你疯了 -来吧 老家伙
– You’re insane! – Come on, old man!
别动
Don’t move.
谢谢
Thank you.
-这样点烟真帅气 -我一直想试试来着
– Very smooth cigarette move. – I’ve always wanted to do that.
你都不抽烟
You don’t even smoke.
只是过去16年不抽 吉姆讨厌我抽烟
Well, not for the last sixteen years. Jim hated it.
现在有什么能阻止我 他又没办法杀了我
What’s to stop me now? It’s not as if he’s gonna to kill me.
这样感觉真好 和你一起躺在这里
This is so nice, lying here with you.
你有怀念过这个吗
Don’t you ever miss this?
我们差点可以变成别的关系
What we could have been to each other?
拥有真正的恋爱关系 一起抚养孩子
Having a real relationship and kids?
我那时有吉姆
I had Jim.
我知道 但我是指真正的恋爱
I know, but I mean a real relationship.
乔 说实话
Geo, let’s be honest,
你和吉姆之间的感情很美妙 但是…
what you and Jim had together was wonderful but…
那其实只是其他东西的替代品吧
wasn’t it really just a substitute for something else?
都这么多年了 你真是这么想的吗
Is that really what you think after all of these years?
你认为吉姆只是真爱的替代品吗
You think Jim was just some kind of substitute for real love?
吉姆不是任何东西的替代品
Jim was not a substitute for anything.
你明白吗
Do you understand?
也没有任何东西可以替代吉姆
There is no substitute for Jim…
哪里都没有
anywhere!
再说了
And by the way,

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
前一篇文章金刚狼
下一篇文章冷山
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!