Well, hello Mr. Potter.
你好 老师
Hello, sir.
-我们喝什么 -苏格兰威士忌
– What are we drinking? – Scotch.
好的
Okay.
我经常来这里
I come here all the time.
我就住在街角处 不过这个你已经知道了
I live just around the corner, but then you knew that.
住在香樟树小巷
On Camphor Tree Lane.
您还带着这个
You’re still carrying that around.
人一定要懂得感激生活的小馈赠
One must always appreciate life’s little gifts.
你来这里做什么
So, what are you doing here?
-只是骑车出来转转 -仅此而已吗
– Just out for a ride on my bike. – Is that all?
我不知道
I don’t know.
你是在找我吗
Were you looking for me?
也许吧 我不知道
Maybe. I don’t know.
我感觉脑袋里塞满了东西 转不动了
I feel like my head’s stopped up with stuff.
什么样的东西
What kind of stuff?
比如您今天在课上谈起的东西
Like, the stuff you were talking about today in class.
那些完全不重要
That is definitely not important.
不 很重要 您的课太精彩了
No, it is important. Your class is great.
但不知为何 我们似乎总是在谈论过去
But somehow we always seem to get stuck talking about the past.
过去对我来说不重要
The past just doesn’t matter to me.
-现在呢 -我等不及结束现在了
– The present? – I can’t wait for the present to be over.
简直无聊透顶
It’s a total drag.
不过 今夜是个例外
Well, tonight is the exception.
怎么了
What?
要今夜 不要现在
Tonight, yes! The present, no!
敬今夜一杯
Let’s drink to tonight.
今夜
Tonight.
如果过去不重要 现在又无聊透顶
So if the past doesn’t matter and the present is a total drag.
那未来呢
What about the future?
什么未来 古巴可能会把我们炸飞
What future? Cuba might just blow us up.
死亡就是未来
Death is the future.
抱歉 我不是故意这么悲观的
I’m sorry. I don’t mean to be depressing.
不是悲观 不是悲观 这是事实
It’s not depressing. It’s not depressing, it’s true.
或许不是你马上就要面对的未来
It may not be your immediate future
但这是我们共同的未来
but it’s what we all share.
死亡就是未来
Death is the future.
或许您说得对
You’re right, I guess.
如果一个人并不享受现在
If one is not enjoying one’s present
那么也没有什么迹象表明
there isn’t a great deal to suggest
未来会有任何改善
that the future should be any better.
是啊 我也这么想过
Yeah, I’ve thought that before.
但问题是 你永远不知未来会怎样
But the thing is you just never know.
瞧瞧今夜的情形
Look at tonight.
其实
Actually…
大部分时候我都感觉很孤独
I feel really alone most of the time.
-是吗 -是的
– You do? – Yeah.
我一直都有这种感觉
I’ve always felt this way.
我们独自出生 独自死去
I mean we’re born alone, we die alone.
当我们活在世上时
And while we’re here,
也完全被困在自己的躯体中
we are absolutely, completely sealed in our own bodies.
太奇怪了
Really weird.
一想到这个 我就有点害怕
Kinda freaks me out to think about it.
我们只能通过自己的偏见
We can only experience the outside world
来感受外部的世界
through our own slanted perception of it.
谁知道您到底是什么样的人
Who knows what you’re really like?
我只看到了我心中的您
I just see what I think you’re like.
我表里如一
I’m exactly what I appear to be.
前提是你仔细看
If you look closely.
其实 唯一让活着这件事有价值的就是…
You know, the only thing that has made the whole thing worthwhile…
就是那些…
has been those…
我能真正与他人
few times that I’ve been able to really,
与他人交心的 不多的几次经历
truly connect with another human being.
我对您有种直觉 老师
I had a hunch about you, sir.
-是吗 -是的
– You did? – Yes, sir.
我的直觉告诉我 您可能是个真正的浪漫主义者
I had a hunch you might be a real romantic.
每个人都不断告诉你
You know, everyone keeps telling you that…
等你长大了 就会积累各种各样的经验
when you’re older, that you’ll have all this experience.
说得好像那很伟大一样
Like it’s some great thing.
真是一派胡言
That’s a load of shit.
我觉得自己其实越来越糊涂了
I think I’ve actually just gotten sillier and sillier.
-真的吗 -千真万确
– Really? – Absolutely.
所以您的经验都毫无价值
So, all your experience is useless.
不 也不能这么说
No, I wouldn’t say that.
正如我们的朋友赫胥黎先生所说
As our friend Mr. Huxley says:
经验不是指发生在一个人身上的事
Experience is not what happens to a man.
而是指一个人对遇到的事做出的反应
It is what a man does with what happens to him.
-我们去游泳吧 -好
– Let’s go swimming. – Okay.
-怎么了 -这是个测试
– What? – It was a test.
我以为您说变糊涂了是唬人的 所以…
I thought you were bluffing about being silly so…
我告诉自己
I said to myself
我要提议做一件特别出格的事
I’ll suggest doing something completely outrageous.
如果他拒绝
And if he resists,
哪怕只是犹豫一下 我就清楚他在胡说八道
if he even hesitates then I know he’s full of shit.
我没有胡说八道 你呢
Well, I wasn’t. Were you?
当然没有
Hell, no!
来吧 老师 我扶您下来
Come on, sir. I’ll help you down.
走吧
Let’s go.
快来 老师
Come on, sir.
老师
Sir?
老师
Sir?
到此为止 老师
That’s enough for now, sir.
-我没事 -我冷了 走吧
– I’m fine. – I’m cold. Come on.
我们能回您家吗 老师
Can we go back to your place, sir?
当然可以 不然还能去哪
Of course. Where else?
-还能去哪 -你疯了吗
– Where else. – Are you out of your mind?
怎么了
What’s the matter?
你不能就这样回家
You can’t get home like that!
我们是隐形的 你不知道吗
We’re invisible, don’t you know that?
老师 他们不该让您一个人出来
You know sir, they ought not to let you out on your own.
您可能会惹上大♥麻♥烦
You’re liable to get into real trouble.
这是我的专长
I excel at it.
您的额头在流血
Your forehead is bleeding.
如果你想洗个澡的话 浴室在走廊尽头
The bathroom is just down the hall if you would like to take a shower.
您不洗个澡吗 老师
Aren’t you taking a shower too, sir?
不用了 我是英国人 我们喜欢又冷又湿
I’m fine. I’m English. We like to be cold and wet.
我们应该先处理一下那个伤口 老师
First, I think that we need to take care of that cut, sir.
您家里有创口贴吗
Do you have any band-aids?
本来打算去野营吗 老师
Going camping, sir?
我真的没事
I’m fine, really.
别动 我马上回来
Stay there. I’ll be right back.
坐起来
Sit up.
头往后仰
Tilt your head back.
老师 恐怕这次您不能再用
Well sir, I’m afraid this time you don’t have…
服了麦司卡林 作为贴创口贴的借口了
the excuse of Mescaline to explain your band-aid.
我觉得你应该把湿衣服脱掉
I think we should get you out of those wet clothes.
好的 老师
Yes, sir.
-你不冷吗 -我没事
– You’re not too cold? – I’m great.
-想喝点什么吗 -啤酒吧 如果有的话
– Would you like a drink? – A beer, sir. If you have one.
恐怕家里只有啤酒
I’m afraid that’s all we have.
两瓶啤酒 马上就来
Two beers coming up.
-您一个人住在这里吗 老师 -现在是的
– You live here all by yourself, sir? – I do now.
我曾经和一个朋友同住 他是个建筑师
I used to share this place with a friend. He was an architect.
天呐 我这个年纪的人都梦想着能有您这样的房♥子
Man, guys my age dream about the kind of setup you’ve got here.
我是说 夫复何求啊
I mean, what more can you want?
没人打扰您 来去自♥由♥
You get to be left alone and come and go as you please.
这就是你心目中的完美生活吗
Is that’s your idea of the perfect life?
怎么了 老师 您不相信我吗
What’s the matter, sir? Don’t you believe me?
如果你那么想要一个人生活
If you’re so keen on the idea living by yourself…
露易丝在这个计划中扮演什么角色
where does Lois fit into this plan?
露易丝 这和她有什么关系

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
前一篇文章金刚狼
下一篇文章冷山
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!