到山脊的另一边去避避风头
get to the other side of this ridge, and get out of the wind
在那边搭个帐篷 你觉得呢?
where we can set up our camp. What do you think?
我 ? 我更想在按♥摩♥浴缸里泡个热水澡
Me? I think I’d rather have a nice hot soak in a Jacuzzi.
但如果你下定决心
But if you’re dead-set on
要走那条小路 那也可以
following that logging road, we can do that, too.
等情况再糟糕点
We can save the Jacuzzi for
再回去泡你那浴缸吧
another time when things aren’t going so well.

Yeah.
– 我跟你后面 – 好的
-I’ll follow you. -Okay.
卡茨 你还在吗?
Katz, you still there?
很不幸我还在
– Unfortunately.
如你所说 布赖森
Just like you said, Bryson.
在阿帕拉契山径 你永远不知道将面对什么
The AT. You never know what lies ahead.
看起来确实如此
So it appears.
我向你保证 如果有暖气的话
I promise you, if there was heat,
肯定是会开的 好吗?
it would be on, honey, all right?
用爽身粉吧 能保暖
Use the talcum powder, that helps.
嗨 我们想要间屋子 最好带独♥立♥浴室的
Hi. We’d like a cabin. Preferably with a private bath.
小屋两天前就租完了
The cabins went two days ago.
但公共房♥里还有两个位置
But I do have two spaces in the bunkhouse.
我不知道你有没有意识到 布赖森
I don’t know if you’re aware of this, Bryson,
但每次我一听到”公共房♥”这个词
but every time I hear the word “Bunkhouse”
我的蛋蛋就会一紧
my testicles shrink up inside my body.
欢迎来到战俘营
Welcome to the Stalag
晚上7点有一场逃脱会议
There’s a meeting of the Escape Committee at 1900 hours.
哦 好的
Oh, okay.
嘿 你喜欢那个XT-85包吗 ?
Hey, are you liking that XT-85?
你的背包
Your pack.

Oh.
– 我有一个Gregory包 – 哦 是吗?
-I got a Gregory. -Oh, yeah?
是啊 我看到你背的是XT-85 很耐用的背包
Yeah. I looked at the XT-85, solid pack.
但Gregory分4层
But the quad access points,
两个水壶套 他们卖♥♥给我的
dual hydration ports in the Gregory, they sold me.
你为什么买♥♥XT-85 ?
What made you buy an XT-85?
我觉得至少比啥东西都用手提好
I thought it was easier than carrying everything in my arms.
– 为啥你就能睡上铺 ? – 因为热量是往上走的 伙计
-How come you’re up top? -Well, heat rises, pal.
噢耶
Oh, yeah.
嘿 那啥…
Hey, you know…
嘿 布赖森 你还好吗?
Hey, Bryson, are you all right?
再好不过了
Oh, never better.
我们可以从那里开始走…
We can start, maybe, right there and…
你们好啊
Hello, there.
你们 呃 还好吧?
You guys, uh, doing all right?
嗯 我们没事
Yeah, we’re fine.
因为 我们可以在到了那边后
Because, look, when we get over to the other side,
再回来帮你们把背包运过去 需要帮忙吗?
we can just come back and grab your packs if you want?
这对我们来说很容易
You know, it’s easy for us.
– 不是问题 – 很乐意帮忙
-Not a problem. -Happy to help.
我们喜欢挑战 不喜欢简单 但还是很感谢你们
We like hard, we don’t like easy. But thanks a lot, you know.
– 好吧 – 好的
-All right, then. -Okay.
– 借过一下 – 好的
-Excuse us. All right. -Yep.
– 人挺不错的 – 嗯
-Nice guys. -Yep.
– 我讨厌他们 – 我也是
-I hate ’em_ -Me, too.
好吧..
Well…
– 这下好了 – 神清气爽啊
-That went well. -It was refreshing.
布赖森 你的生活成功无虑
Bryson, you’ve got everything a man could want.
但你却跑来这里 和我在森林中漫游
And here you are, tramping around in the woods with me.
说真的 为什么呢?
Seriously, what gives?
我不知道
I don’t know.
就像约翰·缪尔说的 “有时候男人就得”
As John Muir once said, “Sometimes a man just has to
“背起行囊 带好干粮”
“Get a loaf of bread and throw it into a sack,
“跳出围栏”
and jump over the back fence.”
噢 我懂
Oh, I got you.
围栏内的生活有点太完美了 哈?
Life’s a little too perfect inside that fence, huh?
– 不 不 不… – 哦 你说的有道理 布赖森
-No, no, no… -Oh, you made sense, Bryson.
你是一头困兽
You’re a caged animal.
你想回到森林 追求刺♥激♥
You wanna get back into that forest. Live a little.
– 不是这样 – 不 肯定就是这样
-That’s not it. -No, that’s got to be it.
那你为什么要来呢?
So why’d you come?
我只是不想再监狱里度过我的余生
I guess I didn’t want to spend the rest of my life in jail.
– 什么? – 没什么 真的
– What? -it’s nothing, really.
只是有几张针对我的
Just a couple of outstanding
逮捕传令而已 然后我没去
warrants I didn’t show up for and stuff like that.
老天 斯蒂芬 这可不是能逃跑的
Jesus, Stephen, that’s really not something you can run from.
其实 你可以逃
Actually, you kind of can.
还是一样的斯蒂芬 总是在逃避某些东西
Same old Stephen. Always running from something.
哦 是吗? 你还好意思说我
Oh, really? You’re one to talk.
你可不行
Not you.
再说说我们到底是来干嘛的 ?
Remind me again why we’re out here?
又不像是你有更好的事要做
It’s was not like you had something better to do.
就我所知 事实上 是你求我来的
As I recall, in fact, you begged me to come.
我求你?我求你来的?我邀请你来的
I begged? I begged to come? I asked.
你知道什么最逗我发笑吗 布赖森?
You know what cracks me up, Bryson?
我完全可以预料到
Is how predictable your
你的整个人生都下降到这种安逸生活了
whole life has become, right down to the Volvo.
上帝比起直接带走一个人
God forbid somebody should evolve
更愿意让他的生活倒♥退♥
rather than squandering away their existence.
看看你自己
I mean, look at you. All these
这么多年来你依然在原地踏步
years and you’re still stuck at square one.
嘿 布赖森 你幸福吗?
Hey, Bryson. Are you happy?
这算什么鬼问题 ?
What the hell kind of a question is that?
要我说 这问题很重要
Pretty important question, I’d say.
怎么 你觉得你就幸福吗?
What, do you think you’re happy?
我觉得…
I think…
喔哦
Wow.
斯莫克山脉
The Smokies
接下来可有趣了
Now this is interesting.
哦 天哪 太奇妙了
Oh, God, this is amazing.
从这里你可以看到全部三种岩石
From here you can see all three kinds of rock.
那边 你看到那几块歪石头的纹理了吗?
There, you see that layered section across that slant?
– 看到了 – 那是沉积岩
– Yeah. -That’s sedimentary.
这些颜色暗点的
And the dark stuff here,
从下面往上延伸的 那是火成岩
pushing up from underneath, that’s igneous.
想想火山岩
Think volcanic.
你怎么知道这些东西的?
How do you know all this stuff?
好吧 有一种东西叫做书
Well, there are these things called books.
哦 别开玩笑了 它们叫做书?
-Oh. No kidding, they’re called books?
没错 就像是聪明人的电视机
-Yeah, they’re like TV for smart people.
明白吗 我们聊的这些 卡茨 都是时间啊
See, what we’re talking about here, Katz, is time.
地质时期
Geologic time.
几千万年来 巨型的
Hundreds of thousands of years of enormous,
地壳板块运动
shifting tectonic plates.
当地面上正在被侵蚀的时候
It’s like the world being reborn
世界已经在地面下开始了重生
from below while it’s being eroded from above.
嗯 好吧
Yeah. Well,
等回去了我要给你买♥♥台电视
when we get back I’m gonna buy you a TV.
因为没人会关心板块移♥动♥
Because nobody gives a fuck about shifting tectonic plates.
我就会
Well, I do.
你知道为什么吗?
You know why?
因为我很好奇 我也喜欢好奇
Because I’m curious, and I love being curious.
我想要了解我们所生活的世界
I like knowing things about the world that we’re living in.
好吧 我只知道它们都他妈是岩石
Well, I think it’s all fucking rock.
哦 是吗?
Oh, yeah?
我不会拘泥于这些细节
I don’t get bogged down in the minutiae.
– 我只看大局 – 是吗?
-I’m above the details. -You are?
我是干大事的 布赖森
I’m big picture, Bryson.
那你现在又是什么境地 ?
Oh. How’s that working out for you?
呃 非常非常好
Ah, pretty, uh, fucking good.
你好
Hello.
我们要一个房♥间 谢谢
We’d like a room, please.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!