从斯普林菲尔德来的旅客
Travelers arriving from Springfield
请到第四行李输送带认领自己的行李
can claim their baggage at Baggage Claim Carousel Four:
开玩笑吧
You are shitting me.
– 嘿 斯蒂芬 – 布莱森
-Hey, Stephen. -Bryson.
你好啊 ?
How are you?
好啊 史蒂夫
Hello, Steve-o.
这位是我妻子
This is my wife.
原来你就是那位让我如雷贯耳的不列颠护士
You’re the British nurse I’ve heard so much about.
– 但愿如此吧 -嗯
-I certainly hope so. -Yeah.
很高兴遇见你
Good to meet you.
有点像熊抱
That’s a little bit like a bear hug.
你瘸了么 ?
Are you limping?
哦 是钛金膝盖
Oh, that’s a titanium knee,
就是某种假膝盖
and this one’s a trick knee, you know.
– 哦 – 我看看 我得来点…
– Oh. -Let me see, I’ve got to get…
我每个小时都得吃点东西 自打我得了 呃…
I gotta eat every hour or so, otherwise I get these, uh…
– 怎么 发作了? – 没有 没有 就是
-What, episodes? -No, no, they’re.__
– 中风 ? – 中风 就那个
– Seizures? -Seizures, that’s right.
– 你得了中风 ? – 嗯嗯
-You get seizures? -IVlmm-hmm.
嗯 我在10年前
Yeah. You know, I ate some
吃了些受污染的苯乙胺
contaminated phenethylamines about 10 years ago,
完全搞坏了我的身体
and it totally jacked up my system, you Know.
– 你不是说自己身体状况很好么 ? – 是好啊
-I thought you said you were in shape? -I am.
于是她们两个就坐着摩托车跑了
So the two of them take off on a motorbike
而我们别无选择 只能
and we have no choice but
一路搭便车回到了圣塞巴斯坦
to hitchhike all the way back to San Sebastian.
结果我们刚走进第一家酒馆 崩 就看到了她们
We go into the first pub, and boom, there they are.
于是 六小时后我们跌跌拌拌地出了酒馆 去了海滩
So, six hours later we stumble out to the beach,
布莱森坚持要带那个漂亮小妞
and Bryson insists on having the pretty girl,
– 嗯 就是那个红头发的 – 哦
-of course, the redhead. -Ooh.
然后我就带上了那个马脸的金发女人
And I get the horse-faced blonde, you know.
嘿 布莱森
Uh, Bryson!
简直难以置信…来 坐下
I can’t believe… Come on, sit.
我真没想到你从来没告诉凯茜关于西班牙的事
I can’t believe you never told Cathy about Spain.
哦 肯定是我忽略了
Oh, it must have slipped my mind.
呣 我好想知道原因
Hmm, I wonder why?
反正 第二天我们就坐上了去马德里的火车
Anyway, the next day we’re on a train to Madrid.
布莱森趁我没注意时就去了卫生间
Bryson goes to the head and I don’t pay any attention to it,
然后在那里待了好长时间
and he’s in there a long time.
最后 我不耐烦了 他才出来回到了座位上
Finally, I look up, and he’s coming out toward the seat
然后就那么抓啊抓啊…
and he’s just scratching and scratching…
– 懂了 懂了
-Got it. Got it.
我问他 “嘿布莱森 你到底咋了 ?”
I said to him, “Hey, Bryson, what’s going on?”
然后他说 “下次让那红头发陪你好了”
And he says, “Next time you can have the red-head.”
– 里面有那红头发的照片吗 ? – 应该有吧
-Is there a picture of the red-head? – I think so.
我想看看那个红头发 我真想看看那个红头发
I’d like to see the redhead. I’d love to see the red-head.
– 真是个好棒的故事 – 她不在这里面
-That’s a really great story. – She’s not in here.
– 感谢你在我家人面前分享了它 – 她在哪 ?
-Thank you for sharing that with my family. – Where is she?
那是 要讲的故事还多着呢 布莱森
Well, I have more of them, Bryson.
算了算了 那就够了
No, no, that’s great.
– 别啊 我还想再多听点呢 – 好吧
-No, no, I think we should have a few more. -All right.
我们在尼斯时 布莱森经常去
We were in Nice, and Bryson goes to this
那里最著名的旅馆 叫”五月花”…
very famous hotel there called The Mayflower…
呣 恰比斯的
Mmm, the Cubbies.
哦 腐烂尸体
Oh, decomposed.
哦 天啊
Oh, my God.
你现今还在吹 ?
You still playing that thing?
嗯 吹的不算好 不过还在坚持
Oh, yeah. Not good, but I’m playing.
你呢 还在打鼓么 ?
How about you, still playing the drums?
哦当然不了 我几年前就放弃了
Oh, God, no. I gave that up years ago.

Oh.
那是你闺女 ?
Is that your daughter?
– 嗯 – 像她妈妈 你真幸运
-Yeah. -Takes after her mother. Lucky break there.
你有几个外孙了 ?
-How many grandchildren in all?
三个 第四个马上就要出生了
-Three, and another one on the way.
你可真是个人生赢家 布莱森
You really pulled it off, Bryson.
知道么 ?
You know?
我真心的 真为你高兴
No, I mean that. I’m happy for you.
呃 你怎么样 史蒂芬 ? 你… 你过得还好吧 ?
Well, how about you, Stephen? You… You been okay?
我 ? 哦 凑合
Me? Oh, hell, yeah.
我花了半辈子酗酒 泡妞
I spent half my life getting drunk, chasing pussy.
又荒废掉了另半辈子
The other half I wasted.
– 你看这些玩意了么 ? – 嗯
-Have you seen these things? -Yeah.
完蛋
Fucked.
嘿 知道么
Hey, you know,
大家都以为我们会跟大多数人一样
everyone thinks we’re going to go onto that trail
在那里走上一个星期就会放弃
and quit after a week, like most people do.
我们可不是那大多数人 布莱森
We’re not most people, Bryson.
没错 我们不是
No. No, we’re not.
– 那么 晚安 – 晚安
-So, good night. -Good night.
那就这样啦
All right then.
– 谢了 布莱森夫人 再见 – 回头见 好运
-Thank you, Mrs. Bryson. Bye. -You’re welcome. Good luck.
我在里面等你
I’ll meet you inside. Right?
– 我会想念你的 – 希望如此
-I will miss you, you know. -I hope so.
我想最后再说一次
I just want to go on the record one last time
我很爱你的
and say, I do love you.
尽量别死了 好么 ?
Try not to die, okay?
我会尽力的
I’ll do my best.
去吧 滚蛋吧
Go on. Bugger off.
我还记得接到的那个小子 他是从小道上退下来的
I remember this one guy that I picked up. He came off the Trail.
不像你们俩这样 他年轻多了
He’s not like you guys, a lot younger.
退出来之后他就开始哭
He got back there and just started crying.
真的 一直哭着回到亚特兰大
I’m serious. Cried all the way back to Atlanta.
就那么坐在后座上像个孩子似的掉眼泪
Sat back there whimpering like a child.
你每次卸客的时候
When you drop people off,
是不是都能感觉出他们是否会成功 ?
can you tell whether they’re going to make it or not?
哦 是的先生 每次都能 八♥九♥不离十
Oh. Yes, sir, yes, sir. Every time, pretty near.
那我们呢 ?
How about us?
哦 我们到了
Oh, well, here we are.
谢谢
Thank you.
– 给你 – 好的
-Here you go. -Okay.
– 早餐七点开始 -七点
-Breakfast at seven. -Seven.
– 嗯 好 – 好
-Yeah. Okay. -Okay.
希望你不介意我这样说
I hope you don’t mind my saying,
不过这算是我这辈子吃过的最香的烤薄饼了
but these are about the best damn pancakes I ever had.
是么 ? 我喜欢爱吃烤薄饼的男人
Is that right? Well, I like a man who appreciates his pancakes.
嗯 我爱死这个了 甜心
-Well, I sure do appreciate these, honey.
– 您想来点咖啡吗 ? – 嗯
-Would you like some coffee? -Yeah.
我马上把菜单给您
And I’ll get you a menu.
不 不用了 我已经吃过了 谢谢
No, no, I’ve already eaten. Thanks.
长得不错对吧 ?
Not bad looking, huh?
看跟谁比
That depends.
你知道这些天我找女人的标准是什么吗 ?
You know what I look for in a female these days?
只要是活的且四肢健全的就行
A heartbeat and a full set of limbs.
大多数人都会因为年龄而降低他们的标准
Well, most people lower their standards as they age.
– 真的 ? – 而你却算是提高了
-Yeah? -You’ve actually raised yours.
布莱森 我刚刚还在想
You know, Bryson, I’ve been thinking.
我们再在这多待一个晚上吧
Let’s stay here another night.
– 你开玩笑吧 ? – 没有 没有 外面太冷了
-You kidding? -No. No. It is cold outside.
里面很暖和
It’s warm in here.
– 我要走了 – 等一会儿
-I am going. -Wait a minute.
我们就走 就走
We go. We go.
嘿 先等等 不介意的话我想先说几句
Hey, hang on. I’d like to say a few words if you don’t mind.
行啊
Au right.
我不想用什么比喻
-I don’t want to reach for metaphors,
– 不过… – 不 用吧 布莱森 用吧
but… -No, reach, Bryson, reach.
他们说阿帕拉契山径就像人生
Well, they say the Appalachian Trail is like life.
呃嗯
Uh-huh.
你不知道将面对什么
You don’t know what’s ahead,
也不知道会发什么什么事
you don’t know what’s going to happen next,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!