plants or animals from state-owned land?
是啊 而且不要忘记…
Yeah, and don’t forget,
这些花草都是濒临绝种植物 每棵都不例外
these plants are all endangered, sir. Every one of them.
这正是问题重点所在 这里是州立保育区
Well, exactly. That’s exactly the issue. This is a state preserve.
是的 长官
Yes, sir. It is.
但是 -我同事都是塞米诺印第安人
But… -My colleagues are Seminole Indians.
我没有告诉你吗? 你一定很清楚…
Did I mention that? You’re familiar, I’m sure,
佛州控告詹姆比利的案子
with the State of Florida v. James E. Billie?
因此即使塞米诺酋长比利
So you know even though Seminole Chief Billie…
猎杀了佛州黑豹…
killed a Florida panther,
多少?全世界只剩40只吧?
one of, what, 40 in the entire world?
40只 -40只
Forty. -Forty.
州方也奈何不了他…
The state couldn’t successfully prosecute him,
你知道吗 因为他是印地安人
because, you know, he’s an Indian,
他就有这个权利
and it’s his right.
虽然你我是白人保护主义者
As repugnant as you and I, as white conservationists,
极力反对他的行径
find his actions.
可是 -更别提其他的失败尝试…
But… -Not to mention the failed attempts
有3次企图起诉 塞米诺人采摘棕榈蕨
on three occasions to prosecute Seminoles for poaching palm fronds.
我猜他们是拿来铺设 传统鸡舍的屋顶
Which I believe they use to thatch the roofs of their traditional chickee huts.
你想想看? 是鸡舍的屋顶 对吧?
How about that? With the chickee huts, right?
没错 我们正是用那造鸡舍的
Yeah, he’s right. That’s exactly what we use them for. Chickee huts.
是 但我也不能
Yeah.
我还不能放你们走
I can’t let you fellas leave yet.
你们先别走喔 -好啊
Just hold on there a minute. -Okay?
查理 是你吗?
Charles, is that you?
你吃过午餐吗?
Did you eat lunch?
我吃了冰箱的虾肉色拉 那是你的吗?
I had that shrimp cocktail in the fridge. Was it yours?
最好不是 我也忘了 于是我吃掉了
I hope not. I couldn’t remember, so I ate it.
也许我们今后应该 写上名字
Maybe we should write our names on our food items from now on.
你怎么了? -背不舒服
What’s with you? -My back.
查理 你一定会很开心
Charles, you’ll be glad.
我准备尽快搬出去
I have a plan to get me out of your house, pronto.
工作才是计划 你找到工作吗?
A job is a plan. Is your plan a job?
听好了
Drum roll, please.
我要成为编剧 和你一样
I’m gonna be a screenwriter. Like you.
你一定觉得 我又在做发财梦…
I know you think this is one of my “get rich quick” schemes,
但这次我很认真的
but I’m doing it right.
我参加了一个3日讲习
I’m taking a three-day seminar,
而且只要500大洋
and it’s only 500 bucks.
编剧讲习根本是狗屁
Screenwriting seminars are bullshit.
理论上我也同意 但这一个与众不同
In theory, I agree with you. But this one’s different.
业界风评非常好
This one’s highly regarded in the industry.
唐诺 不要跟我说”业界”
Donald, don’t say “industry.”
抱歉 我又忘了
I’m sorry. I forgot.
查理 这家伙真的懂编剧
Charles, this guy knows screenwriting.
大家远道而来 向他学艺
People come from all over to study with him.
我会尽快还你钱 -我告诉你说
I’ll pay you back as soon as I… -Let me explain something.
任何人说他有”秘方”
Anybody who says he’s got “the answer”…
都是想要引人上勾…
will attract desperate people,
请你实际一点
be it in the world of religion…
让我躺着听你解释
I need to lie down while you explain this.
抱歉 我道歉
Sorry. I apologize.
请继续吧
Okay, go ahead.
所以 -对不起 请说
So… -Sorry. Okay. Go.
并没有什么规则可循
There are no rules, Donald.
如果有人硬要说有 纯粹是在
And anybody who says there are is just, you know…
不是规则 是原则
Not rules. Principles.
马契写道 规则只是
McKee writes that a rule says,
“你必须要这样做”
“You must do it this way.”
原则是”长久以来 已经证实有效的方法”
A principle says, “This works and has through all remembered time.”
我要着手的剧本 是关于花卉
The script I’m starting, it’s about flowers. Oh.
还不曾有人写过花卉的电影
Nobody’s ever done a movie about flowers before.
因此没有范例可循
So there are no guidelines.
艾吉浓之花算不算?
What about Flowers for Algernon?
哎呀 那写的不是花 也不是电影
Well, that’s not about flowers. And it’s not a movie.
抱歉 我也没看过
I’m sorry. I never saw it.
如何?好吧 请继续
How…? Okay, keep going.
我只是要说 那些老师很危险…
Look, my point is that those teachers are dangerous
如果你是想要 尝试新鲜点子
if your goal is to do something new.
作家应该都有这种目标
A writer should always have that goal.
写作是对未知世界的探索
Writing is a journey into the unknown.
这和打造模型飞机不同
It’s not building, you know, one of your model airplanes.
马契是前任傅布莱奖学者 查理
McKee is a former Fulbright Scholar, Charles.
你也是个傅布莱奖学者吗?
Are you a former Fulbright Scholar?
开口说话呀 带她出来 竟不敢和她说话
Say something. I dragged her here, and now I’m not saying anything.
让她发笑 说些笑话
Make her laugh. Say something funny.
我讨厌派对 艾咪 我们干嘛来这里?
I hate parties, Amelia. Why did we come here?
因为我们时髦 是潮流引领者 对吧?
Because we’re hip, young trendsetters on the make?
倒像是满地失败的痞子
More like old losers sitting on the floor, maybe.
天哪 查理 那是你吧…
Jesus, Charlie. Speak for yourself. Okay…
查理 我们想给你做媒
Charlie, we’re gonna fix you up.
我们要彻底解决 查理考夫曼乱象
We’re gonna solve the whole Charlie Kaufman mess for once and for all.
好 -让我瞧瞧
Okay. -Okay, let me see.
你需要什么 什么 什么?
What do you need? What, what, what?
我很高兴你写了兰花剧本
Well, I’m glad you took the orchid script.
我想它能帮助厘清你的思路
I think it will be good for you to get out of your head.
能够定下心来 想一些大自然的事情
It’ll ground you to think about the bigger picture, about nature and stuff.
我仍然不敢相信 他们录用了我
I still can’t believe they gave me that job.
那顿午餐吃得我满头大汗
I mean, after that lunch. I was sweating insanely.
我简直口无伦次一塌糊涂
I was ranting. I was a mess.
你太紧张 因为她太漂亮
You were nervous because she was pretty.
你怎么知道她很漂亮?
How do you know she was pretty?
和你认识了8个月 我很了解你流汗的原因
After eight months of knowing you, I think I get what makes you sweat.
哎呀 管它的 你赶快继续说
Well, whatever. Well, moving on, what next?
你需要新行头 这套法兰绒衬衫…
You need a new getup. This whole flannel-shirt thing,
实在不怎么样
it’s not really doing anything for you anymore.
谢谢你今晚跟我出来 艾咪
Thanks for coming out with me tonight, Amelia.
起头
To begin.
起头
To begin.
该怎么开始?
How to start?
我饿了
I’m hungry.
我需要喝咖啡
I should get coffee.
咖啡可以帮助我思考
Coffee would help me think.
但我应该先写出一些成果
But I should write something first,
然后才喝咖啡犒赏自己
then reward myself with coffee.
咖啡和松糕 我需要建立主题大纲
Coffee and a muffin. Okay, so I need to establish the themes.
香蕉核桃好了
Maybe banana-nut.
松糕很不错
That’s a good muffin.
采摘野兰花是要命的工作
Orchid hunting is a mortal occupation.
委内瑞拉欧林诺克河 100年以前
维多利亚时代兰花采摘 威廉阿诺…
Victorian-era orchid hunter William Arnold
在一次采摘探险中溺死了
drowned on a collecting expedition.
金纳巴鲁波尼尔
欧斯莫 在亚洲消失得无影无踪
Osmers vanished without a trace in Asia.
中国西双版纳
存活的奥古斯都马奎利
Augustus Margary survived toothache,
染患牙痛风湿胸膜炎和痢疾…
rheumatism, pleurisy and dysentery,
却在任务完成…
only to be murdered when he completed his mission
到达巴哈莫时被人谋杀
and traveled beyond Bhamo.
老许钟爱兰花 但是…
Laroche loved orchids, but I…
我比较倾向 他对冒险犯难的热爱…
I came to believe he loved the difficulty and fatality of getting them
几乎和喜爱兰花相当
almost as much as he loved the orchids themselves.
我成为园艺专家已经12年了
I’ve been a professional horticulturist for like 12 years.
佛罗里达迈阿密 6个月后
Uh, I owned my own plant nursery, which was destroyed by the hurricane.
我自己拥有的苗圃 被飓风吹垮了
我现在是植物学专业讲师
I’m a professional plant lecturer.
我发表过60多篇
I’ve given over, like…
有关培养植物的专题演讲
60 lectures on the cultivation of plants.
我的论文刊登在杂♥志♥上 我也出书
I’m a published author, both in magazine and book form.
我对兰花已经了如指掌…
And I have extensive experience with orchids
包括无菌状态的 试管无性繁殖
and the asexual micropropagation of orchids under aseptic cultures.
那是实验室的工作 和你的苗圃完全不一样

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!