And no one appreciates more than President Roosevelt
陛下为了阻止战争不让其扩散
the ceaseless efforts of Your Holiness
而持之以恒的付出
to prevent the outbreak of war and to stop it from spreading.
陛下很清楚罗斯福总统
Your Holiness is familiar with President Roosevelt’s
为赢得一场完全胜利的不懈努力
tireless efforts to achieve victory, a complete victory.
您在这方面的道德援助
Your moral help and assistance in this effort
都为总统高度青睐
would be highly appreciated by the president.
里卡多
Ricardo.
决定征得你上司的允许来这里啦
Decided to come with the permission of your superiors.
您的儿子不会被拒绝
Nothing is denied to your son.
我是教皇的门徒,您应该知道
A protege of the pope, you should know that.
教皇喜欢你
The Holy Father likes you.
就在昨天,他对我说柏林将提供你
Only yesterday, he said to me that Berlin will provide you
出色的外交经验
with excellent diplomatic experience.
外交与真理属于彼此吗?
Do diplomacy and the gospel belong together?
圣诞夜我们等待他针对
At Christmas, we waited for his fiery words
纳粹罪行的强烈谴责
against the Nazi crimes.
教皇在表达意见前需要真凭实据——
The pope needs tangible evidence before he commits–
我的一位目击者愿意来这里作证
I have an eye witness willing to come and testify.
他是位党卫军官员
He’s an SS officer.
我有朋友来吃午餐
I have friends for lunch.
如果你能保持缄默,那欢迎你加入
If you hold your tongue, you are more than welcome.
谢谢,我最好还是在自己屋里吃
Thank you, but I’d rather eat in my room.
我想把你引荐给美国大使
I wanted to introduce you to the American ambassador.
那我很乐意与你们共进午餐
Then I’ll be glad to join you.
爸爸——爸爸!
Papa– Papa!
阿努尔夫——大小伙子
Arnulf– Big boy.
阿德莱德
Adelheid.
我给你们带了你们很喜欢的东西
I’ve got something for you that you’ll really like.
是什么?
What is it?
快去瞧一瞧吧
Go ahead and take a look.
我要参观附近的一个工厂
I was visiting a nearby factory
想顺便来看看你们
and I thought I’d make a little side trip to see you.
你还好吗?
Are you all right?
比昨天好,比明天差
Better than yesterday, worse than tomorrow.
早上好,牧师
Good morning, Pastor.
早上好,库特
Good morning, Kurt.
一些从乌克兰带来的小礼物
Some little gifts from the Ukraine.
原谅我
Forgive me.
我听说了些可怕的传言
I’ve heard awful rumors.
是吗?
Yes?
关于——关于俄♥国♥
About… about Russia.
他们说德意志元首
They say the Marshall of the Reich
与他的人马在一个叫斯大林格勒的地方投降了
surrendered with all his men at the place called Stalingrad.
你一直在听英国电台吗,牧师?
Have you been listening to the English radio, Pastor?
我——上帝不允许,不听
Me– God forbid, no.
到处都有这个传言
It’s a rumor that’s going around.
是政♥治♥宣传
Propaganda.
虚假传言,失败主义
Falsehoods, defeatism.
谢谢你,库特
Thank you, Kurt.
你让我心中的大石头落了地
You relieved me of a heavy burden.
没事了——再见,牧师
That’s all right– Goodbye, Pastor.
死了二十万人
200,000 dead.
九万人被捕
90,000 taken prisoner.
希♥特♥勒♥干的好事
Hitler’s harvesting what he’s sowing.
而我们是受益者
And we are the beneficiaries.
二十万人死了?
200,000 dead?
我不能久留
I can’t stay long.
好啦,我们走吧——拿起箱子
All right, let’s go– Up with it.
进屋里去——快来
Into the house– Come on.
这些言论破坏了我们的信仰
These words play havoc with our beliefs.
教会是受害者
And the church is the victim.
我们有过一位好战的教皇,他死了
We had a warlike pope, he died.
随后上帝赐予了我们一位爱好和平的教皇
Then Providence gave us a peace-loving pope
接着战争爆发了
and war broke out.
哦,里卡多,你好吗?
Oh, Ricardo, how are you?
里卡多,坐下吧
Ricardo, have a seat.
这位是美国大使
This is the American ambassador.
我儿子刚从柏林来
My son just arrived from Berlin.
柏林有什么新闻,里卡多?
What news from Berlin, Ricardo?
拜托了,阁下
Please, Your Eminence,
一位党卫军官员给了我这张波兰地图
an SS officer gave me this map of Poland.
地图上显示了所有集中营的名字和地点
On it, you’ll find the names and locations of the concentration camps.
红色的是每天被毒死的人数
In red are the numbers of people who are being gassed everyday
黑色的是估算值
and in black, you’ll find the estimates.
匈牙利有四十万人,罗马尼亚有二十万人
That’s 400,000 in Hungary, 200,000 people in Romania.
希腊有八万人
80,000 people in Greece.
是啊,但我们能做什么呢?
Yeah, but what can we do about it?
是啊,但我们能做什么呢?
Yeah, but what can we do about it?
您可以与他们谈判救出他们
You can negotiate to save them.
与纳粹谈判?
Negotiate with the Nazis?
我们绝不会跟那些罪犯谈判
We’ll never negotiate with those criminals.
为了拯救一百万人的生命也不行?
Not to save a million lives?
只有赢得战争才能拯救他们
Only winning the war will save them.
到那时他们早就化为灰烬了
They’ll be ashes long before that.
如果教皇可以私下与纳粹交涉
If the Holy Father could intervene personally
把犹太人转移出来——
with the Nazis and obtain for the Jews to be moved–
这绝不可能!
It is out of the question!
教皇必须保持中立!
The Holy Father has to remain neutral
那样他才能和平行动
so he can act for peace.
为了保持中立,我们不会行动
And we’ll not act in order to stay neutral.
可是假如以基♥督♥,以我们的主的名义交涉——
But if could intervene in the name of Jesus, of our Lord–
里卡多,假如他干涉了,
Ricardo, if he intervenes,
德国人会入侵梵蒂冈
the Germans will invade the Vatican
掠夺一切
and loot everything.
我们应该拯救梵蒂冈还是基♥督♥精神?
Should we save the Vatican or Christianity?
我的意思是,如果他能够通过奇迹拯救这些人,
I mean, if by miracle he was able to save these people,
你们政♥府♥会收留犹太人吗?
will your government take these Jews in?
希♥特♥勒♥怎么会同意?
Why would Hitler agree to any of this?
因为收留这些穷♥人♥对任何虚弱不堪的民♥主♥
Because it would be a fatal blow to any democracy
将是致命打击
weak enough to take in these poor people.
正如戈培尔说的,
As Goebbels said,
那些爱犹太人的人手无寸铁
that those who love the Jews have them but naked.
会引发内乱
It would cause civil unrest.
会使得一大♥波♥反犹太主义势力崛起
The rise of a gigantic wave of anti-Semitism.
里卡多,你试图拯救那些可怜卑鄙之人
Ricardo, your attempt to save those poor wretches
倒让你成了戈培尔的代言人
makes you an agent of Goebbels.
您怎么能这么说呢?
How can you say that?
自希♥特♥勒♥在斯大林格勒战败后,他就指望
Since his defeat at Stalingrad, Hitler is counting
能靠我们的弱点来打败我们
on our weaknesses to help him beat us.
假如我们专注于拯救犹太人,就分散了我们作战的精力
If we concentrate on saving Jews and slowing down our war effort,
那正合他意
that’ll suit him just fine.
我能提醒你们在我们用餐交谈的同时
May I remind you that while we are eating and talking,
火车正源源不断驶向集中营吗?
trains are heading for the camps?
我能提醒你我们的儿子正在战场上奄奄一息
May I remind you that our sons are dying on battlefields
只为使世界重获自♥由♥吗?
to save the free world?
这个世界病了
The world is sick.
里卡多,我的孩子
Ricardo, my boy.
使命是由耐心构成的
The charge is made of patience.
耐心、信念和努力
Patience, faith and hard work.
最后,时间总会证明教会是正确的
In the end, time always proves the church right.
永远都是
Always.
我觉得复活节应该设在每年的同一天
I think Easter should be on the same date every year.
基♥督♥徒有两个重要的日子
There are two important days for Christians.
8月15日的圣母升♥天♥节
The feast of the Holy Virgin on August the 15th
与12月25日的圣诞节
and Christmas on December the 25th.
复活节却没有固定日期……
Easter doesn’t have a fixed date…
里卡多
Ricardo.
即使忏悔也会变成骄傲
Even contrition can become pride.
身为旁观者比身为神父更让我感到罪恶
I feel guilty as a spectator, even more so as a priest.
你的骄傲与固执正在毁灭你的未来

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!