…但我记得童年就象…
…I remember childhood as…
…一段魔幻时光
…this magical time.
真的,记得我妈妈第一次跟我说到死亡
I do. I remember when my mother first told me about death.
我的曾祖母去世,我们全家去弗罗里达奔丧
My great-grandmother had died, and my family had visited them in Florida.
当时我才三岁或三岁半
I was about 3, 3 1/2 years old.
我在后院玩耍时…
Anyway, I was in the back yard playing…
…姐姐教我怎样拿浇花的水管…
…and my sister had just taught me how to take the garden hose…
…就是象这样子捏着…
…and do it in such a way that…
…喷出的水雾会在阳光下形成一道彩虹
…it sprayed into the sun and would make a rainbow.
于是我那样做…
And so I was doing that…
…透过水雾,我看到了曾祖母
…and through the mist,I could see my grandmother.
她就站在那,冲着我微笑
And she was just standing there,smiling at me.
我愣在那很长时间
And I held it there for a long time…
…并且看着她
…and I looked at her.
最终我松开了喷嘴
And then finally, I let go of the nozzle, you know?
然后扔下水管…
And then I dropped the hose…
…她就消失了
…and she disappeared.
于是我跑回屋里告诉父母
And so I run back inside and tell my parents.
他们让我坐下,然后训斥了我一顿…
And they sit me down and give me this big rap on how…
…人死了之后你绝不可能再见到他们,那只是我的幻觉
…when people die, you never see them again, and how I’d imagined it.
但我知道我看到了什么,并且为之高兴
But I knew what I’d seen.I was glad I saw that.
我以后绝不会再看到类似的情景,但我不知道
I’ve never seen anything like that since. But I don’t know.
那让我有点明白世事都是那么无法解释
It just kind of let me know how ambiguous everything was.
包括死亡
Even death.
你该庆幸你能这样看待死亡
You’re lucky you can have this attitude toward death.
我想我时刻都在害怕死亡
I think I’m afraid of death 24 hours a day.
真的,所以我才会坐火车
I swear. I mean, that’s why I’m in a train right now.
我可以乘飞机去巴黎,但我害怕
I could’ve flown to Paris,but I’m scared.
– 不会吧 – 我控制不了
– Oh, come on. – I can’t help it.
我知道统计显示“不,不,不,它很安全”
I know the statistics say,”Na, na, na, it’s safer.” Whatever.
但我乘飞机时就会看到爆♥炸♥
When I’m in a plane,I can see the explosion.
我看到我从云端坠落
I can see me falling through the clouds.
我非常害怕那几秒钟的意识…
And I’m so scared of those few seconds of consciousness…
…在临死之前,你知道自己快要死了的时候
…before you die.When you know you’re gonna die.
我总忍♥不住会这样想
I can’t stop thinking that way.
那让人筋疲力竭
It’s exhausting.
是的,没错
Yeah, I bet.
真的筋疲力竭
Really exhausting.
– 我想这是维也纳了 – 是的
– I think this is vienna. – Yeah.
– 你在这下,是吗? – 是的,真扫兴
– You get off here, no? – Yeah, what a drag.
早认识你就好了,我很喜欢和你聊天
I wish I’d met you earlier.I really like talking to you.
我也是
Yeah, me too.
很高兴能认识你
It was really nice of you too.
我有个无疑是疯狂的想法,但要是不问你的话…
I have an admittedly insane idea,but if I don’t ask you this…
…我下半辈子都会耿耿于怀的
…it’ll haunt me the rest of my life.
是什么?
What?
我想继续跟你聊天,尽管我对你一无所知…
I want to keep talking to you.I have no idea what your situation is…
…但我觉得我们似乎…
…but I feel like we have some kind of…
似曾相识,同意吗?
…connection. Right?
是的,我同意
Yeah. Me too.
那就好,是这样
Right. Great.Here’s the deal.
跟我一起下车游览维也纳
Get off here in vienna and come check out the town.
– 什么? – 来吧,肯定很有意思
– What? – Come on. It’ll be fun.
– 来吧 – 我们做些什么?
– Come on. – What would we do?
不知道,我只知道我的飞机是上午九点半
I don’t know. All I know is I catch a flight tomorrow morning at 9:30…
…而且我没钱住旅馆了,所以只好到处走走…
…and I can’t afford a hotel,so I was going to walk around…
…如果你和我同行会更有意思
…and it’d be more fun if you came with me.
如果你觉得我不正常,你可以改乘下一班火车
And if I turn out to be a psycho,just get on the next train.
好吧,好吧,设想一下
All right, all right.Think of it like this.
十年二十年之后,懂吗?
Jump ahead 10, 20 years, okay?
你结婚之后
And you’re married.
你的婚姻失去了曾经有过的活力
Only your marriage doesn’t have that same energy it used to have.
你开始责备你的丈夫
You start to blame your husband.
你回想你一生中曾遇见过的所有男人…
You think about all those guys you’ve met in your life…
…设想嫁给他们中的一个会发生什么
…and what might’ve happened if you’d picked up with one of them.
我就是其中之一,就是我
I’m one of those guys.That’s me.
就当这是个时空旅行…
So think of this as time travel…
…来到现在,看看你当时错过了什么
…from then to now to find out what you’re missing out on.
那会有极大的帮助,你会发现并未错过任何东西
What this could be is a gigantic favor to you and your husband to find out you’re not missing anything.
我只是个和他一样的失败者,缺乏目标,无所事事
I’m just as big a loser as he is.Unmotivated. Boring.
你做了正确的选择,为此而开心
You made the right choice.You’re happy.
我去拿我的包
Let me get my bag.
我们该找个地方寄存行李
We should get a locker for all this.
你叫什么?
What’s your name?
我吗?
My name?
杰西,实际上是詹姆斯,但大家都叫我杰西
Jesse. James, actually,but everybody calls me Jesse.
那就是杰西-詹姆斯,对吗?
You mean, Jesse James, no?
不,就是杰西
No. No, just Jesse.
我叫塞琳娜
I’m Celine.
这座桥真漂亮
This is a nice bridge.
是的
Yeah.
感觉怪怪的
This is kind of weird.
是吗?我觉得有点尴尬
Isn’t it? I mean,I feel a little awkward.
– 但没关系不是吗? – 是的,这非常棒
– But it’s all right. Right? – Yeah, this is great.
– 找些地方看看吧 – 好的,我们找找看
– Let’s go to some places. – Yeah, let’s go to some places.
– 我去问问这些人 – 好的
– Let’s ask these guys. – Okay.
抱歉,打扰一下
Excuse me. Excuse me?
你们会说英语吗?
SprEchEn siE English?
– 当然会 – 能不能换成你说德语?
– Ja. Of course. – Do you speak German for a change?
– 什么? – 开个玩笑
– What? – No, it was a joke.
我们今天刚到维也纳,想找些有意思的地方看看
We just got into vienna today, and we’ re looking for something fun to do.
例如博物馆,展览会…
Like museums, exhibitions….
但最近博物馆没什么意思
But museums are not that funny anymore these days.
他们马上就要关门了,你们会在这逗留多久?
They are closing right now.How long are you going to be here?
就一个晚上
Just for tonight.
你们为什么来维也纳?你们想看些什么?
Why did you come to vienna?What could you be expecting?
我们在渡蜜月
We’ re on honeymoon.
是的,她怀孕了,我们不得不结婚…
Yeah, she got pregnant,we had to get married….
得了吧,你不懂撒谎
I don’t believe you.You’re a bad liar.
我们有场演出,很乐意邀请你们观看
This is a play we’re both in.We would like to invite you.
你们是演员?
You’re actors?
不是专业的,只是业余爱好
Not professional.Part-time for fun.
是关于一头母牛和寻找它的印第安人
It’s a play about a cow and Indians searching for it.
另外还有政客,墨西哥人…
There are also politicians, Mexicans…
俄♥罗♥斯♥人,共♥产♥主义者…
Russians, communists….
– 用真正的母牛表演吗? – 不,是由一个演员扮演
– You have a real cow on stage? – No, an actor in a cow costume.
– 他演母牛 – 是的,我演母牛
– He’s the cow. – Yes, I am the cow.
– 但这头牛有点古怪 – 它得了一种病
– And the cow’s a bit weird. – The cow has a disease.
它的行为有点怪异,象只狗
She’s acting a bit strange.Like a dog.
有人扔根棍子的话,它会去叼回来
If someone throws a stick,she fetches it.
还能用蹄子抽烟什么的
And she can smoke with hoofs and everything.
– 真有意思 – 看,这个就是地址
– Great. – As you see, there is the address.
在第二区
It’s in the second district.
普拉特附近,知道是什么吗?
Near the Prater. You know it?
那个大摩天轮吗?我们会去的
The big Ferris wheel?We should go. We should.
你们可以在开演之前先去普拉特
Perhaps you can go to the Prater before the play.
演出是二十一点半开始
It starts at 2130.
– 二十一点半? – 就是晚上九点半
– 2130? – It’s at 9:30.
– 晚上九点半 – 好的
– 9:30. – Oh, right.
这场戏叫什么?
What’s the name of this play?
翻译过来就是《带给我威尔明顿的母牛角》
It translates as “Bring Me the Horns of Wilmington’s Cow.”
我就是威尔明顿的牛
I’m Wilmington’s cow.
– 好的 – 太棒了
– All right. – Great.
– 你们会来吗? – 尽量吧
– You’ll be there? – We’ll try.
我是母牛
I’m the cow.
再见
Goodbye.
我有个主意,你准备好没有?
I got an idea. Are you ready?
是个问答游戏,我们已经互相有所了解
It’s Q and A time.We’ve known each other a little while.
我们是同伴了,所以可以相互问几个直接的问题
We’re stuck together, so we’ll ask each other a few direct questions.
行吗?
All right?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!