就像不是我的手一样
It was like someone else was doing it.
为什么把尸体留下了
So why did you leave the body there?
在我看来
It would seem to me that
如果你不想被捕
if you didn’t want to get caught,
该想办法把尸体处理了
you’d find some way to dispose of it.
不 不不
Oh no, no, no.
我不能那样干
I could never do that.
我从没打算这么做
That was never my intention.
每人都该有个像样的葬礼
Everyone deserves a proper burial.
我还…
And I was…
我还说有机会也给她一个像样的葬礼
I was just waiting for my chance to give her one.
谢谢 伯尼
Thank you, Bernie.
没有问题了
I’ll pass the witness.
帮我回答几个问题 伯尼
So help me out here, Bernie.
你和纽金特太太去纽约的时候
On this trip with Mrs. Nugent to New York City,
你坐的是头等舱吗
did you fly first class?
对 是这样
Yes, I believe we did.
告诉我们 头等舱的座位和我们常坐的
Tell us the difference between like the first class seats
经济舱座位有什么不同吗
and the regular old seats in the back of the plane.
我…我从没坐过头等舱
I… I’ve never been up there.
大概座位更大吧
I’d say the seats are a little larger maybe.
更舒服
More comfortable.
不是还有人服务什么的吗
Don’t they have people waiting’ on you and stuff too, you know?
为你提供精美的食物
I mean, people bringing you fancy food,
帮你准备饮品之类的
and serving you whatever you want to drink and stuff like that?
是 大概服务也更好一点儿
Yes, the service is probably a little better.
所以你喜欢头等舱待遇
Oh, so you like the first class treatment.
上等的生活方式 花钱买♥♥享受
First class lifestyle, the best that money can buy.
我只是陪纽金特太太
I was accompanying Mrs. Nugent
她出行的时候比较偏爱这些
who usually preferred these things when she traveled.
所以…
So…
在纽约之行中
Now, on that New York City trip,
这上面写着 你和纽金特太太
it says here that you and Mrs. Nugent
住在丽兹卡尔顿酒店
stayed at the… the Ritz Carlton?
中♥央♥公园旁的豪华酒店 是不是
That’s a fancy hotel near Central Park, isn’t it?
是 我们是住在那里
Yes, I believe that is where we stayed.
这上面还写到 你们在纽约
It also says here that while you were in New York City,
看了场歌♥剧
you saw an opera.
还有百老汇音乐剧
And a Broadway play.
叫《悲惨的人》
I think it’s called “Les Miserables.”
是《悲惨世界》
Les Miserable.
不错嘛
That’s impressive.
什么
What?
所以说 你热爱文化
So culture is important to you.
为什么这么说
In what way?
这些花哨词什么的 你都知道
Well, you seem to know all these fancy words and such.
那个词又不难
Well, that one’s not very difficult.
对你当然不难
Not for you.
你对高层次生活很了解 不是吗
You know all about the high class life, don’t you?
我 什么 比如什么
I… what… like what?
比如 我不知道 比如说
Like, I don’t know, say for instance what…
吃鱼该配什么酒
what kind of wine are you supposed to have with fish?
不 我不…一般是白葡萄酒吧
No, I don’t… white usually.
这种层次的教养
That takes a lot of money
得花不少钱培养 不是吗
to have so much culture, don’t it?
享受精美生活
To… to enjoy the finer things in life
你喜欢的这种生活方式
that you love so much.
住豪华酒店 飞头等舱去大城市
The ritzy hotels, first class flying off to the big cities.
这种生活方式
I mean, it takes a lot of money
开销很大 不是吗
to live that way, don’t it?
不 要我选
No, I… left to my own devices,
我不会花这么多…
I would not have been traveling in such an expensive…
但靠别人的钱 你就是花了很多
But left to someone else’s devices, you were!
你杀了纽金特太太之后
And after you killed Mrs. Nugent,
还在花她的钱 不是吗
you kept on spending her money, didn’t you?
花了很多
A lot of it!
要是没被捕
And if you wouldn’t have been caught,
你今天也还在花她的钱
you’d still be spending her money today.
不是吗
Wouldn’t you?
不是吗
Wouldn’t you?
各位
Ladies and gentlemen,
听了这些证据
after listening to all the evidence,
我相信你们会一致认为
I’m sure that you will agree
被告是个骗子和懦夫
that the defendant is a liar, a coward
是个背后捅刀子的人
and a backshooter.
好好想想
Now, come on.
谁还能做出比这
That’s got to be about the lowest thing
更低贱的事
a man could ever do, ain’t it?
从背后射杀一个小老太太
Shoot a little old lady in the back?
四次
Four times.
我深信不疑
There is no doubt in my mind
伯尼·提德就是一个精明邪恶的演员
Bernie Tiede is a calculating evil actor.
他骗了整个镇子九个月
He fooled a whole town for nine months.
这种事都干得出
Now if he can do that,
若让他重返社会
there ain’t no telling what he’ll do
指不定还会干出什么来
if you let him back on the streets.
那可怜的女人被冻了整整九个月
That poor woman stayed frozen stiff for nine whole months.
在一个冰箱里
In a freezer.
花了两天来解冻
It took two days to thaw her out.
才能正常地验尸
Just so they could perform a proper autopsy.
这怎么行
No. No, no, no, no, no.
抱歉 我说不下去了
I’m sorry.
法官大人 律师 陪审团的诸位
Your honor, counsel, ladies and gentlemen of the jury,
丹尼·巴克·戴维森就是想在庭上
all Danny Buck Davidson wants to do in this trial
让你们深信伯尼是个冷酷的魔鬼
is get you to believe that Bernie is some kind of monster.
让你们深信 他不是个正常人
That he is something other than a fellow human being.
各位 请你们看看他
Look at him, ladies and gentlemen.
哪里有预谋杀人的迹象
There is not one hint of premeditation in this case.
预谋杀人 完全该是另一套做法
If there was, he’d have done it a lot differently.
他还可能得以逃脱
He mighta gotten away with it.
他试图慢性下毒了吗 没有
Did he try to poison her slowly? No.
一把火把房♥子烧了
Did he burn down the house?
说是意外失火呢 也没有
Say it was an accidental fire? No.
他认识到了错误
He still knew he done wrong.
知道有朝一日会被发现
He knew he was gonna get found out.
只是没有勇气站出来
He just didn’t have the courage
告发自己罢了
to tell on himself.
却如一个优秀的殡仪服务师
But like a good funeral director,
保存了尸体 为了给她一个像样的葬礼
he preserved the body so that she could have a proper burial.
同时 他也为大众做了很多善事
And in the meantime he did a lot of good for a lot of people,
直至被捕
till he finally got caught.
我印象中
He just doesn’t sound like
冷酷的魔鬼 不是他这样的
any kind of monster I’ve ever heard of.
谢谢
Thank you.
这不能抵消他所犯下的罪行
That doesn’t excuse the crime that was committed.
每个人都说
Now look, everybody’s
伯尼·提德是个大好人
describing Bernie Tiede as such a great guy.
他太棒了 简直是个天使
“Oh, he’s so wonderful. He’s an angel.”
我告诉你 没错他是个天使
Let me tell you, he’s an angel alright.
但他是死亡天使
An angel of death.
谢谢
Thank you.
伯尼·提德 请起立
Bernie Tiede, please rise.
陪审团主席 据我所知
Mr. Foreman, it is my understanding
陪审团已作出裁决
that the jury has reached a verdict.
是的 法官大人
Yes, sir, we have, Your Honor.
是否达成一致
Is it unanimous?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
请读出裁决
Would you please read the verdict?
陪审团全体
We, the jury,
认定被告伯尼·提德
find the defendant Bernie Tiede,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!