至于那个姑娘
As for the girl…
大家都认为她变成了一个女巫
the common beIief was that she’d become a witch…
并且沉迷此道
and crazy at that.
她自己也成为了一个传奇
She became something of a legend herseIf.
故事恰好结束在它开始的时候
And the story ended where it began.
从逻辑上说 你不可能是那名女巫
Logically, you couldn’t be the witch,
因为女巫在他小时候就已经很老了
because she was old when he was young.
照你父亲的思维就合逻辑了
Well, it’s logical if you think like your father.
对他而言 这世上只有两种女人
See, to him there’s only two women:
你母亲
Your mother…
和其他女人
and everyone else.
有一天
And one day…
我终于明白我爱上了一个
I realized I was in love with a man
永远也不会爱我的男人
who could never love me back.
我活在童话里
I was living in a fairy tale.
我不知道该不该跟你说这些
I’m not sure I should’ve told you any of this.
不 不 不 我想知道 我…
No, no, no, I wanted to know. I’m…
我很高兴我知道了
I’m glad I know.
我希望自己在他心中的分量能和你一样重
I wanted to be as important to him as you were.
而我…
And I’m…
我永远也做不到
I was never gonna be.
我只是虚构的
I was make-believe.
在他另一重生活中 你…
And his other life, you…
你是真实的
You were real.
妈妈
Mom?
约瑟芬
Josephine?
约瑟芬
Josephine?
威尔
Will!
发生什么事了
What happened?
你父亲中风了
Your father had a stroke.
他和你妈妈还有本奈特医生在楼上
He’s upstairs with your mom and Dr. Bennett.
他会好起来的吧
Is he gonna be okay?
我觉得我不能…
I don’t suppose that I could…
留在这陪他 我是说 万一…
stay here with him. I mean, in case…
万一他醒了 我真的应该在他身边
In case he wakes up, I really ought to be here.
我留在这儿
I’ll stay.
你和约瑟芬回家去吧 今晚我留下守着
Why don’t you go home with Josephine. I’ll stay tonight.
这样可以吗
Is that okay?

Fine.
威尔 一定要打电♥话♥ 万一…
Will, you’ll call if there’s any…?
我会的 我会打的
I will. I will. I’ll call.
-你想和爸爸待会儿吗 -是的 谢谢
– Do you want some time with Dad? – Yes. Thank you.
很高兴你没有跟他大聊真心话
Glad to see you’re not trying to have a heartfelt talk.
我最不喜欢看到
One of my greatest annoyances is when…
有人跟听不见的人聊天
people try to talk to those who can’t hear them.
我们在这方面有优势
Well, we have an advantage.
我父亲和我从不谈心
My father and I never talk.
你父亲跟你说过你出生那天的事吗
Your father ever tell you about the day you were born?
嗯 说过无数次了 他捉到了一条捉不到的鱼
Yeah, a thousand times. He caught an uncatchable fish.
不是这个 是真正的故事
Not that. The real story.
他跟你讲过吗
He ever tell you that?
没有
No.
你母亲那天下午3点来医院的
Well, your mother came in about 3 in the afternoon.
她的邻居开车送她来的
Her neighbour drove her,
因为你父亲去威奇托出差了
on account of your father was away on business in Wichita.
你比预产期提早了一周 但没有什么并发症
You were born a week early, but there were no complications.
生产非常顺利
It was a perfect delivery.
你父亲很遗憾他没有在场
Your father was sorry not to be there.
不过那时的男人
But it wasn’t the custom then for men
都不进产房♥
to be in the room for deliveries…
所以我觉得他在不在场 也没什么不同
so I can’t see how it would’ve been much different had he been there.
这就是你出生的真实故事
And that’s the real story of how you were born.
没那么刺♥激♥ 不是吗
Not very exciting, is it?
我想如果要我在真实版本
And I suppose if I had to choose between the true version…
和一个精心编造的涉及鱼和结婚戒指的故事间选
and an elaborate one involving a fish and a wedding ring…
我可能也会选这个奇妙的故事
I might choose the fancy version.
不过 那只是我的选择
But, then that’s just me.
我比较喜欢你的版本
I kind of liked your version.
爸爸
Dad?
爸 你想叫护士来吗
Hey, Dad? Hey, you want me to get the nurse?
你想要什么
What do you want?
要我做什么 要我拿点什么吗
What can I do? What can I get?
想喝水吗
You want some water?
想喝点水吗
You want a bit of water?
那条河
The river.

The river?
告诉我怎么回事
Tell me how it happens.
什么怎么回事
How what happens?
我怎么死的
How I go.
你是说你在魔眼里看到的吗
You mean what you saw in The Eye?
我不知道 爸 你没跟我讲过这个故事
I don’t know that story, Dad. You never told me that one.
好吧 好吧 我试试
Okay. Hey, okay, I’ll try.
我需要你的帮助 告诉我怎么开始
I need your help. Tell me how it starts.
像这样
Like this.
好 好
Okay. Okay.
好吧 那是一个早上
Okay, so it’s in the morning…
你和我在医院
and you and I are in the hospital,
我在椅子上睡着了
and I’ve fallen asleep in the chair.
我醒来时
And I wake up…
看到你好多了
and I see you, and somehow you’re better.

Dad?
你整个人都不一样了
You’re different.
-爸 -我们离开这里吧
– Dad. – Let’s get out of here.
然后我说
Then I say:
爸 你现在的病情不能…
Dad, you’re in no condition–
把轮椅推来
Get that wheelchair.
快点 我们快没时间了
Hurry up! We haven’t much time!
一下楼 我们就畅通无阻了
Once we get off this floor, we’re in the clear.
然后我扶你坐上轮椅
And we get in the wheelchair…
-快点 -就像是从医院逃走
– Faster! – …like we’re escaping the hospital.
威尔 你在干什么
Will, what are you doing?
我们躲开了本奈特医生 他想拦住我们
We pass Dr. Bennett, who tries to slow us down.
-快过来 拦住他们 -我们飞奔过大厅
– Get here. Stop them! – We’re fIying down the hall.
有好几个保安在追我们
Orderly after orderly is chasing us.
妈妈和约瑟芬在走廊尽头
Mom and Josephine are at the end of the hall.
没时间解释了 拖住他们
No time to explain! Stall them!
我们一路飞奔到路边
We come flying out over the kerb…
你那辆红色老道奇车就停在路边
and your old red Charger is there.
不过车很新 崭新的
But it’s new. Brand-new.
我扶你上车
And I pick you up…
不知道为什么你几乎没有重量 我也解释不通
and somehow you hardly weigh anything. I can’t explain it.
不要了 我们不需要它了
Leave it! We don’t need it!
水 我要水
Water. I need water.
-我们去哪儿 -那条河
– Where are we going? – The river.
我们选了格伦维尔那条路
And we have to take Glenville
以免去教堂的人太多发生堵车
to avoid the church traffic…
因为那些该死的去教堂的人开车太慢
because the damn church people drive too slow.
当我们到了河边时
And as we get close to the river…
他来了
He’s here!
我们看到所有人都已经等在那里了
we see that everybody is already there.
我是说
And I mean…
所有人
everyone.
太不可思议了
It’s unbelievable.
我这一生的故事
The story of my life.
奇怪的是 没有一个人流露出悲伤的表情
The strange thing is, there’s not a sad face to be found.
大家看到你都很高兴
Everyone is just so glad to see you…
都想好好给你送行
and send you off right.
再见 大家 别了 再会
Goodbye, everybody! Farewell! Adieu!
我河中的姑娘
My girl in the river.
你变回了你一贯的模样
You become what you always were.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章情到深处
下一篇文章朱迪 Judy
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!