我是爱德华·布鲁姆 我想跟你谈谈
It’s Edward Bloom. I need to talk to you.
卡洛威先生
Mr. Calloway?
不 等等
No. Wait!
那晚 我发现
It was that night I discovered that
许多你认为邪恶的东西
most things you consider evil or wicked…
只不过是孤独 和缺乏社交能力罢了
Are simply lonely and lacking in social niceties.
我没咬死什么东西吧
Didn’t kill anything, did I?
几只兔子
A few rabbits.
其中一只好像本来就是死的
But I think one of them was already dead.
难怪我消化不良
That would explain the indigestion.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我错看你了 小子
I was wrong about you, kid.
你拥有的东西虽不多
You may not have much,
但你已经拥有的东西 是任何人都比不上的
but what you got, you got a lot of.
你可以得到任何姑娘
You could get any girl.
我只想要那一个
There’s only one I want.
她的名字
Her name…
叫桑德拉·坦普利顿
Is Sandra Templeton.
她在奥本大学念书
She goes to Auburn.
学期快结束了 你得抓紧时间
Semester’s almost over, so you better hurry.
谢谢你 谢谢你
Thank you. Thank you.
-祝你好运 小子 -谢谢你 先生
– Good luck, kid! – Thank you, sir!
-再见了 -再见 爱德华
– Bye, now. – Bye, Edward.
和大家告别后 我转乘了三辆火车
After saying my goodbyes, I hopped three trains…
当天下午就到了奥本大学
To get to Auburn that afternoon.
你不认识我 我叫爱德华·布鲁姆
You don’t know me, but my name is Edward Bloom…
我爱你
And I love you.
我努力打工三年 只为知道你是谁
I’ve spent the last three years working to find out who you are.
我被枪击 被刺伤 被踩踏过几次
I’ve been shot, stabbed, and trampled a few times.
我还断过两次肋骨
I broke my ribs twice.
但现在见到你 终于能跟你说上话
But it’s all been worth it to see you here now…
一切都值得了
And to finally get to talk to you.
因为我注定要娶你为妻
Because I’m destined to marry you.
我在马戏团第一眼看到你时就知道
I knew it when I saw you at the circus,
现在更加确定了
and I know it now more than ever.
-我很抱歉 -你不需要道歉
– I’m sorry. – You don’t have to apologize to me.
我今天是全世界最幸运的人了
I’m the luckiest person you’ll find today.
不 我很抱歉 我已经订婚了
No, I’m sorry. I’m engaged to be married.
但你错了 我认识你
But you’re wrong. I do know you.
至少听过你的名字
At least by reputation.
来自艾希顿的爱德华·布鲁姆
Edward Bloom from Ashton.
我的未婚夫也来自艾希顿 他叫唐·普莱斯
See, I’m actually engaged to a boy from Ashton. Don Price.
他比你大几岁
He was a few years older than you.
那么…
Well…
恭喜你
Congratulations.
我很抱歉打扰到你
I’m sorry to have bothered you.
别闹了 这并不好笑
Stop it! It’s not funny.
可怜的家伙
That poor boy.
命运总是爱开玩笑
Fate has a cruel way of circling around on you.
我付出那么多努力 只为离开艾希顿
After all this work to leave Ashton…
而我心爱的姑娘却和那里的大混♥蛋♥订婚了
The girl I love was now engaged to one of its biggest jerks.
人有必须奋勇抗争的时候
There’s a time when a man needs to fight…
也有必须接受命运安排的时候
And a time when he needs to accept that his destiny’s lost…
木已成舟 只有傻子才会继续坚持
The ship has sailed, and that only a fool will continue.
事实上 我一直都是个傻子
Truth is, I’ve always been a fool.
桑德拉·坦普利顿
Sandra Templeton,
我爱你 我一定要娶到你
I love you, and I will marry you!
可以想象
So as you can see,
如果我们把这些规律运用到日常生活上
if we apply these rules to our everyday life…
供给和需求就更有意义
Supply and demand makes much more sense.
请看下一张图
Take a look at the next graph,
这张图的阐释会更加清楚有力
and the import of this will be even stronger–
我爱桑德拉·坦普利顿
快看
Look!
我爱桑德拉
-黄水仙 -你最爱的花
– Daffodils! – They’re your favorite flower.
你从哪里找来这么多的
How did you get so many?
我把五个州所有花店的电♥话♥打了个通
I called everywhere in five states.
我告诉他们 只有这样才能让我妻子嫁给我
I told them it was the only way to get my wife to marry me.
你甚至都不了解我
You don’t even know me.
我有一生的时间可以了解你
I have the rest of my life to find out.
桑德拉
Sandra!
是唐 答应我你不会伤害他
It’s Don. Promise you won’t hurt him.
如果这是你希望的 我答应你
If that’s what you want, I swear to it.
-布鲁姆 -唐
– Bloom? – Don.
你♥他♥妈♥在干什么 这是我的女人 我的
What the hell are you doing? This is my girl. Mine!
我都不知道她属于任何人呢
I wasn’t aware that she belonged to anyone.
怎么了 你吓得不敢还手了吗
What’s the matter? Are you too scared to fight back?
我答应过不会动手
I promised I wouldn’t.
住手
Stop it!
唐 住手
Don, stop!
当我挨揍的时候
While I took the beating of a lifetime,
被彻底打倒的 其实是唐·普莱斯
Don Price was ultimateIy defeated.
高♥强♥度的运动恶化了他先天的瓣膜缺陷
All the physical activity had worsened a congenital valve defect.
简单来说 他的心脏不够强大
Put simpIy, his heart wasn’t strong enough.
唐 我永远不会嫁给你的
Don! I will never marry you.
什么 你爱上这个家伙了
What? You mean, you love this guy?
他对我来说几乎是个陌生人 但我宁愿嫁给他
He’s almost a stranger, and I prefer him to you.
结果是
As it turned out,
桑德拉在原定的婚礼日期结了婚
Sandra was able to keep her same date at the chapel.
只是新郎换了个人
Only the groom had changed.
你不是说你们没有正式办过婚礼吗
I thought you said you didn’t have a church wedding.
我们本来都安排好了 但事情有点复杂
We were all set to, but there was a complication.
是不是药物让你口渴
Is it the medicine that’s making you thirsty?
事实上 我一直都口渴
Truth is, I’ve been thirsty my whole life.
从来搞不清楚原因
Never really known why.
有一次 在我11岁的时候
There was a time when I was 11…
你刚刚在谈论你的婚礼呢
You were talking about your wedding.
我没忘记 我只是想切换到另一条故事线上
I didn’t forget. I was just working on a tangent.
大多数人在讲故事时只会平铺直叙
You see, most men, they’ll tell you a story straight through.
那样不会很复杂 但也不会很有趣
It won’t be complicated, but it won’t be interesting, either.
我喜欢你的故事
I like your stories.
我也喜欢你
And I like you.
在马戏团工作的时候
Well, when you work for the circus,
常常居无定所
you don’t have a regular address.
所以三年来积累了很多未送达的信件
So after three years, there was a lot of undelivered mail.
我待在医院的一个月时间里
During the four weeks I was in the hospital…
邮递员终于追上了我的脚步
The postmaster finally caught up with me.
看来 虽然我的心属于桑德拉
And it seems that while my heart belonged to Sandra…
我身体的其他部分都属于美国政♥府♥
The rest of my body belonged to the U.S. Government.
义务征兵 入伍通知
当时服一次兵役长达三年
A hitch in the Army was up to three years at that point…
而我已经苦等了三年才见到桑德拉
and having waited three years just to meet Sandra…
我知道我无法忍♥受与她分开那么久
I knew I couldn’t survive being away from her that long.
于是所有高危任务我都主动参加
So I took every hazardous assignment I could find…
希望能借此让服役时间缩短到一年内
With the hope of getting my time down to less than a year.

Go!

Go!
当我有机会参加一项秘密行动
When I was offered a secret mission…
去偷黄启堂电厂的计划图时
to steal the plans for the Wong Kai Tang power plant…
我立即抓住了这个报效国家的机会
I jumped at the chance to serve my country.
跳 跳
Go! Go!
嘿 兄弟 兄弟 什么乱七八糟的
下台吧
妈的 这家伙谁找的
真♥他♥妈♥要枪毙
很漂亮的小姐为我们演出
♪有时候 女孩会觉得如此孤独♪
♪Sometimes a girl can feel so all alone♪
♪没有属于自己的爱人♪
♪Without a lover to call her own.♪
♪有时候实在郁闷压抑♪
♪Sometimes it’s so bad,♪
♪让她想要爆♥炸♥♪
♪she wants to explode.♪
♪见到男人就想抓过来 撕掉他的衣服♪
♪Grab the first man she sees and tear off his clothes.♪
♪但她不会那么做♪
♪But she won’t.♪
♪不 她不能那么做♪
♪No, she can’t.♪

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章情到深处
下一篇文章朱迪 Judy
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!