-镇上的土地 柔软度第一 -还挺押韵
– There is no softer ground than town. – That almost rhymes.
他是我们的桂冠诗人 来吧
He’s our poet laureate. Come on.
我同意待一个下午 只是为了弄清楚
I agreed to spend the afternoon, if only to understand…
为什么一个地方能让人觉得如此陌生
the mystery of how a place could feel so strange
却又如此熟悉
and yet so familiar.
这首诗我已经构思了12年
I’ve been working on this poem for 12 years.
是吗
Really?
很多人都期待这一作品
There’s a lot of expectation.
我不想让支持我的人失望
I don’t wanna disappoint my fans.
我能拜读一下吗
May I?
草很绿
天很蓝
幽灵镇真的很棒
只有三行
It’s only three lines long.
这就是为什么永远不能给别人看半成品
This is why you should never show a work in progress.
我抓到他了
I got him!
河里有水蛭
There’s leeches in there.
你看到那个女人了吗
Did you see that woman?
她长什么样
What did she look like?
-她… -她是不是没穿衣服
– Well, she was… – Was she naked?
是的 她没穿衣服
Yes, she was.
那不是个女人 是条鱼 从没人能抓到她
It’s not a woman. It’s a fish. No one ever catches her.
不同的人看到的鱼都是不一样的
Fish looks different to different people.
我爸爸说它看起来像
My daddy said it looked like
他小时候养的猎狗…
the coon dog he had when he was a kid…
起死回生
Back from the dead.
该死的
Oh, darn.
-你几岁了 -18岁
– How old are you? – Eighteen.
我8岁 这样等我18岁时 你就是28岁
I’m 8. That means when I’m 18, you’ll be 28.
等我28岁 你也不过才38岁而已
And when I’m 28, you’ll only be 38.
你的计算能力很强
You’re pretty good at arithmetic.
等我38岁 你就是48岁 几乎没区别了
And when I’m 38, you’ll be 48. That’s not much difference at all.
但现在差别还是很大 不是吗
Sure is a lot now, though, huh?
嘿 爱德华
Hey, Edward!
玫瑰是红的 紫罗兰是蓝的
Roses are red, violets are blue
我爱幽灵镇…
I love Spectre…
失陪
Excuse me.
珍妮觉得你是个好男人 我们都这么觉得
Jenny thinks you’re quite a catch. We all do.
什么
What?
我说了 你是个好男人
I said, you’re quite a catch.
我得走了
I have to leave.
今晚就走
Tonight.
为什么
Why?
这个小镇是任何人都梦寐以求的地方
This town is more than any man could ask for.
如果我能在这里安定下来 我会自认为很幸运
And if I were to end up here, I would consider myself lucky.
但事实是 我还没准备好要在任何地方安定下来
But the truth is, I’m just not ready to end up anywhere.
但从没有人离开过
But no one’s ever left.
没了鞋子 你要怎么走出去呢
How are you gonna make it without your shoes?
我觉得会很疼的 非常疼
Well, I suspect it will hurt. A lot.
好了 抱歉 但是…再见
Now, I’m sorry, but… Well, goodbye.
你不会再找到更好的地方了
You won’t find a better place.
我也没指望能
I don’t expect to.
答应我你会回来的
Promise me you’ll come back.
我保证 某天当我真的该回来时 我会回来的
I promise. Someday. When I’m really supposed to.
那晚 我得出了两个结论
That night, I reached two conclusions.
第一个结论是
The first was that
黑暗能让一条很危险的路变得更危险
a dangerous path is made much worse by darkness.
第二个结论就是 我已经无可救药地彻底迷了路
The second was that I was hopelessly and irrevocably lost.
我将葬身于这片森林之中
These woods would become my graveyard.
到达幽灵镇很难
As difficult as it was to reach Spectre,
但我命中注定了最终会到达那里
I was fated to get there eventually.
毕竟 没有人可以避免到达生命的尽头
After all, no man can avoid reaching the end of his life.
然后我意识到这不是我生命的尽头
And then I realized this wasn’t the end of my life.
我不是这么死的
This isn’t how I die.
朋友
Friend.
你的鞋子怎么没了
What happened to your shoes?
它们走到我前面去了 没追上
They kind of got ahead of me.
我不知道你们看见没有 但约瑟芬拍了些照片
I don’t know if you saw it, but Josephine had some photos…
登在了最新一♥期♥的《新闻周报》上
In the most recent Newsweek.
是吗
Really?
那真是太棒了
That’s just wonderful.
我为了这报道在摩洛哥待了一周 很不可思议
I spent a week in Morocco for the story. It was incredible.
我们得去买♥♥一份来看看
We’ll have to pick up a copy.
我不知道你是否知晓这一点 约瑟芬
I don’t know if you’re aware of this, Josephine…
但非洲鹦鹉
But African parrots,
在它们的原产地刚果只说法语
in their native Congo, they speak only French.
真的吗
Really?
能让它们说出四个英语词就算你走运
You’re lucky to get four words out of them in English.
但如果你走进丛林…
But if you were to walk through the jungle…
你就能听到它们说最精妙的法语
You’d hear them speaking the most elaborate French.
那些鹦鹉什么都谈 政♥治♥ 电影 时尚
Those parrots talk about everything. Politics, movies, fashion.
除了宗教什么都谈
Everything but religion.
为什么不谈宗教呢 爸
Why not religion, Dad?
谈论宗教是很无礼的事情
It’s rude to talk about religion.
你永远不知道你会冒犯到谁
You never know who you’re gonna offend.
约瑟芬其实去年刚去过刚果
Josephine actually went to the Congo last year.
那你知道这件事
Oh, so you know.
你好啊
Hello.
你好 感觉如何
Hi. How are you feeling?
我在做梦
I was dreaming.
你梦到什么了
What were you dreaming about?
我一般不太记得…
I don’t usually remember…
除非是预兆梦
Unless they’re especially portentous.
你懂这个词的意思吗
Do you know what that word means?
意思就是你会梦到将要发生的事情
It means when you dream about something that’s gonna happen.
就好像某天晚上 我做了个梦
Like one night, I had a dream…
一只乌鸦飞过来说
Where this crow came and said:
“你阿姨要死了”
“Your aunt is gonna die.”
我很害怕 就叫醒了我爸妈
I was so scared, I woke up my parents…
但他们说这只是个梦 让我回去睡觉
But they said it was just a dream and to get back to bed.
但第二天早晨 我的斯黛茜阿姨就死了
But the next morning, my Aunt Stacy was dead.
真糟糕
That’s terrible.
对她来说是很糟糕 但你想想我
Terrible for her, but think about me,
一个小孩子却有那种力量
young boy with that kind of power.
不到三周之后
Wasn’t three weeks later
乌鸦又飞回到我的梦里…
when the crow came back to me in a dream…
说”你♥爸♥爸要死了”
And said, “Your daddy’s gonna die.”
我不知该如何是好
I didn’t know what to do.
我最终还是告诉了我父亲 但他说
I finally told my father, but he said:
“噢 没什么好担心的”
“Oh, not to worry.”
但我能看出来他很慌乱
But I could see he was rattled.
第二天早上 他就跟丢了魂似的
The next morning, he wasn’t himself.
不停地左顾右盼 等着什么东西来砸他的头
Kept looking around, waiting for something to drop on his head.
但乌鸦没说
Because the crow didn’t say
他会怎么死 它只说了这么一句
how it was gonna happen, just those words:
“你♥爸♥爸要死了”
“Your daddy’s gonna die.”
然后他早早离开了家
Well, he left home early
离开了很久
and was gone a long time.
等他终于回来的时候 他看起来糟透了…
When he finally came back, he looked terrible…
仿佛他一整天都在等一把斧子落在他头上
Like he was waiting for the axe to fall all day.
他跟我妈说
He said to my mother:
“我刚刚度过了人生中最糟的一天”
“I’ve just had the worst day of my life.”
“你觉得你这一天过得很糟糕是吗” 她说
“You think you’ve had a bad day?” She said.
“今天早上
“This morning,
送奶工倒在门廊上死了”
the milkman dropped dead on the porch.”
因为 我妈妈长年在跟那个送奶工通奸
Because, see, my mother was banging the milkman.
-我能拍一张你的照片吗 -用不着拍照
– Can I take your picture? – Oh, you don’t need a picture.
只要去字典里查查”英俊潇洒”这个词就可以了
Just look up the word “Handsome” in the dictionary.
拜托
Please?
好吧
All right.
我有婚礼的照片要给你看
I have photos of the wedding to show you.
有张你和我父亲的合影挺不错的

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章情到深处
下一篇文章朱迪 Judy
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!