Were you having an affair?
你竟然直接说出口了
Wow, you just said it.
我还以为你要拐弯抹角半小时才能问到这事呢
I was expecting to dance around this for another half-hour.
我见过他跟女人在一起时什么样
I’ve seen him with women.
他会跟她们调情 他一向如此
He flirts. He always has.
所以在某种程度上 我就以为他…
And on some level, I just presumed that he was…
背着我妈妈在外面偷♥情♥ 就是一直没证据
cheating on my mom. I just never had proof.
那我能问你一个问题吗
Well, can I ask you a question?
既然你都找到了这张地契
If you found this deed,
为什么不直接问爱迪
why didn’t you just ask Eddie?
因为他快死了
Because he’s dying.
我不知道你对这些事情想知道多少
Look, I don’t know how much you want to know about any of this.
你心目中父亲的形象已经定了
You have one image of your father…
我再去改变是不对的
and it’d be wrong of me to change it…
尤其是都到这个时候了
especially this late in the game.
我父亲说过很多他从未做过的事
My father talked about things he never did…
我很确定他还做过很多事 但从未说过
and I’m sure he did a lot of things that he never talked about.
我只是想让这二者统一
I’m just trying to reconcile the two.
首先你要明白的是
The first thing you have to understand…
你父亲本不该来到这里的
is that your father never meant to end up here.
但他还是来了
Yet he did.
两次
Twice.
第一次 他来早了
The first time, he was early.
第二次 他来晚了
The second time, he was late.
那些日子里 你父亲自己单干
Those days, your father was working for himself.
要说爱德华·布鲁姆最大的特点
If there’s one thing you could say about Edward Bloom…
那就是他很善于社交
it’s that he was a social person,
大家都喜欢他
and people took a liking to him.
有天晚上 他在出门三周后回家的路上
One night, he was returning from three weeks on the road…
遇上了前所未见的雷雨
when he hit a thunderstorm unlike any in his life.
命运总是兜兜转转又回到原点
Fate has a way of circling back on a man…
带来出其不意的际遇
and taking him by surprise.
人生不同阶段看到的风景也不同
A man sees things differently at different times in his life.
现在他年纪大些了 镇子看起来也不一样了
This town didn’t seem the same now that he was older.
一条新路把外面的世界带到了幽灵镇
A new road had brought the outside world to Spectre…
随之而来的就是银行 抵押和债务
and with it, banks, liens and debt.
举目之处皆是破产之人
Almost everywhere you looked, people were bankrupt.
倒闭 最后的促销
今天拍卖♥♥的是幽灵镇
The auction today is for the town of Spectre.
所有的街道 土地 建筑物及其附属设施
All streets, lands, buildings and accoutrements thereto.
-起拍价一万美元 -所以爱德华·布鲁姆
– The opening bid will be $10,000. – So Edward Bloom…
-决定买♥♥下这个小镇 -五万美元
– decided to buy the town. – 50,000.
我不敢相信自己的眼睛
I couldn’t believe my eyes–
他从来都不是个富有之人
He was never a wealthy man…
但他曾让别人变得富有
but he had made other men rich,
现在他来找他们帮忙
and now he asked for their favours.
-我想挽救 -他们大部分人都没见过幽灵镇
– I’m trying to save… – Most of them hadn’t seen Spectre.
他们只听过爱德华对那里的描述
They only had Edward’s words to describe it.
但这就足够了 他凭空完成了销♥售♥
That’s all he needed. He sold them on the dream.
所以他先买♥♥下了农场
So first he bought the farms.
然后他买♥♥下房♥子 然后他买♥♥下商店
Then he bought the houses. And then he bought the stores.
无论他买♥♥下什么
Whatever he bought,
他都没让那里的人们离开或是付租金
the people were not asked to leave or pay rent or anything.
他只是让他们继续维持原来的一切
They were just asked to keep doing as they were doing.
这样 他就能确保镇子永远都不会消亡
In that way, he could make sure the town would never die.
不到六个月 他的信托基金就买♥♥下了整个镇子
Within six months, his trust had purchased the entire town.
只有一个例外
With one exception.
你肯定是爱德华·布鲁姆
You must be Edward Bloom.
你怎么知道的
How do you know?
除非是真有事 否则没人会来这里
No one would come out here unless they had business.
而除了你 没人会有事找我
And no one would have business with me except for you.
你在买♥♥下这个镇子
You’re buying the town.
显然我忽略了这里
Apparently I overlooked this one piece of it,
所以我想补救一下
and I’d like to remedy that.
你看 要想保护这个镇子
You see in order for the town to be preserved,
信托基金必须拥有整个镇子
the trust must own it, in its entirety.
我听说了
And so I’ve heard.
我付的钱肯定超过这里的价值
I’ll offer you more than it’s worth.
但你不需要搬家
And you won’t have to move.
除了地契上的名字 日子一切如常
Nothing will change except the name on the deed,
我向你保证
you have my word.
我来理一下情况
Now, let me get this straight.
你要从我这买♥♥下这里 但我还能住在这
You buy the swamp from me, but I’ll stay in it?
房♥子名义上属于你 但其实还是我的
You’ll own the house, but it’ll still be mine?
我住在这里
I’ll be here,
你可以随意来去
and you’ll come and go as you please to one place or another.
我理解得对吗
Do I have that right?
简而言之 是的
In so many words, yes.
好吧 那就算了 布鲁姆先生
Yeah, then I don’t think so, Mr. Bloom.
如果什么都不会改变 那我宁愿不改变
If nothing’s gonna change, I’d just as soon it not change…
毕竟一直以来也没有任何改变
in the way things haven’t been changing all this time.
你不会有任何损失
It’s not like you’ll lose anything.
你可以问镇上的任何人
You can ask anyone in town.
你为什么要买♥♥下这里 布鲁姆先生
Why are you buying this land, Mr. Bloom?
某种中年危机吗
Some sort of midlife crisis?
不过你买♥♥的不是帐篷车 而是个小镇
Instead of buying a convertible, you buy a town?
帮助他人让我开心
Helping people makes me happy.
我觉得你不应该开心
I’m not convinced you should be happy.
-不好意思 我有冒犯到你吗 -没有
– I’m sorry. Have I offended you? – No.
你履行了自己的诺言
You did exactly what you promised.
你回来了
You came back.
我只是以为你能回来得早点
I was just expecting you sooner.
你是比曼的女儿
You’re Beamen’s daughter.
你的姓氏变了 你结婚了吗
Your name’s different. Did you get married?
我当时18岁 他28岁
I was 18. He was 28.
结果发现年龄差是很大的差距
Turns out that was a big difference.
我不会把这栋房♥子卖♥♥给你 布鲁姆先生
I won’t be selling you this house, Mr. Bloom.
我明白了
I see.
感谢你抽空相谈
Well, thank you for your time.
-门卡住了 -是的
– It’s stuck. – Yeah.
-非常抱歉 我… -没事 不用管了
– I’m so sorry! I– – It’s okay. Just leave it.
-不 我… -拜托了 走吧
– No, I’ll– – Please! Just go.
-但是… -走
– But– – Go.
大部分人在这种情况下
Most men in that situation would
会接受失败 翻开新的篇章
accept their failure and move on.
但爱德华并不像大部分人
But Edward was not like most men.

Hold!
她们有着完全不同的性格 但是
They both had completely different characters but…
只有一双腿
well, just one pair of legs.
几个月过去了
As the months passed,
他发现了越来越多需要修理的地方
he found more and more things to fix…
到了最后 整栋小屋都焕然一新了
untiI the shack no Ionger resembIed itseIf.
当然 最好玩的就是想出一个新素材
Of course, the best part was coming up with the new material.
当双胞胎和我到了哈瓦那时
By the time the twins and I had got to Havana…
我们想出了一套全新的演出
we’d worked out a new routine,
只用一把尤克里里和一支口琴演奏
using only a ukulele and a harmonica.
帽子可以就留在这里
You could leave it there.

No.
别这样
Now, don’t.
不用觉得尴尬
Don’t be embarrassed.
我不该让你误会…
I should never have let you think that…
我爱我的妻子
I’m in love with my wife.
好了 我懂的
Yeah, I know.
从我第一天见到她起 直到我死去
And from the first day I saw her until the day I die…
她都是我的唯一
she’s the only one.
真是幸运的姑娘
Lucky girl.
抱歉 珍妮 真的
I’m sorry, Jenny. I am.
等等 爱德华
Wait! Edward.
产权转让契据
签名 珍妮弗·希尔
有一天 爱德华·布鲁姆离开了
One day, Edward BIoom Ieft…
再也没有回到这个被他拯救了的小镇
and never returned to the town he’d saved.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章情到深处
下一篇文章朱迪 Judy
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!