你妈妈是个贱♥人♥
Your momma’s a bitch.
你不应该说脏话 有女孩在场呢
You shouldn’t swear. There’s ladies present.
-狗屁 -该死
– Shit. – Damn.

Screw.
把手电筒关掉 不然她会看见你
Turn off your flashlights. She’ll see you!
然而在阿♥拉♥巴马州的所有女巫里
Yet of all the witches in Alabama…
有一个女巫据说是最可怕的
There was one who was said to be the most feared.
因为她有一颗玻璃眼珠
For she had one glass eye
人们说那眼珠具有神秘的力量
which was said to contain mystical powers.
我听说如果你直视它 就会看见自己是怎么死的
I heard if you look right at it, you’ll see how you’re gonna die.
那纯属狗屁 她根本不是真正的女巫
That’s bull-S-H-I-T, that is. She’s not even a real witch.
你要是这么确定 为什么不去拿那颗眼珠
If you’re so sure, why don’t you go get that eye.
我听说她把它放在床头柜上的盒子里
I heard she keeps it in a box on her night table.
还是说你太害怕了不敢去
Or are you too scared?
我这就进去 拿走那颗眼珠
I’ll go in right now and get that eye.
-那就快去啊 -行啊 我会去的
– Then do it. – Fine, I will.
-好啊 那你快去啊 -行啊 我这就去
– Fine, you do it. – Fine, I’m doing it.
爱德华 别去
Edward, don’t!
她会把你做成肥皂
She’ll make soap out of you.
那是她的绝招
That’s what she does.
她会把人做成肥皂
She makes soap out of people.
女士 我叫爱德华·布鲁姆
Ma’am, my name is Edward Bloom…
我有些朋友想看看你的眼珠
And there’s some folks like to see your eye.
-你拿到眼珠了吗 -我带来了
– You get The Eye? – I brought it.
让我们看看
Let’s see it.
救命
Whoa, help!
我看到自己是怎么死的了
I saw how I was gonna die.
我很老 摔了下来
I was old and I fell.
我死时还很年轻
I wasn’t old at all.
我在思考死亡的事
I was thinking about death and all.
以及看见自己的死法
About seeing how you’re gonna die.
一方面 如果你总想着自己是怎么死的
I mean, on one hand, if dying was all you thought about…
那会毁了你的生活
It could kind of screw you up.
但那也能帮到你 不是吗
But it could kind of help you, couldn’t it?
因为在其他的危险情况下 你都知道你能活下来
Because, everything else, you’d know you could survive.
我想我的意思是 我想知道
I guess I’m saying I’d like to know.
原来我是这么死的
That’s how I go.
嗨 妈妈
Hi, Mom.
那是本奈特医生的车吗
Is that Dr. Bennett’s car?
是的 他现在在楼上和你父亲一起
Yes. He’s up with your father now.
-他怎么样了 -他…我来拿吧
– And how is he? – Well– No, I got it.
他气死人 不肯吃东西
He’s impossible. He won’t eat.
由于他不吃东西 他就变得虚弱
Because he doesn’t eat, he gets weaker.
因为虚弱 他更不想吃东西了
Because he’s weak, he doesn’t want to eat.
他还剩下多少时间
How much time does he have left?
你别提这个
You don’t talk about that.
还没到时候
Not yet.
威尔
Will.
本奈特医生 很高兴见到你
Dr. Bennett. Oh, it’s good to see you.
这是我妻子 约瑟芬
My wife, Josephine.
幸会
A pleasure.
-你怀孕七个月了 -你说得真准
– You’re seven months. – To the day!
是个男孩
It’s a boy.
你试试劝他喝一罐这个
Try to get him to drink one of these.
他不肯的 不过你尽管试试吧
He won’t, but go ahead and try.
爸爸
Dad?
你想喝水吗
You want some water?
-你会大吃一惊的 -是吗
– You are in for a surprise. – Am I?
拥有一个孩子会改变一切
Having a kid changes everything.
要换尿布 拍奶嗝 还要半夜起来喂食
There’s the diapers and the burping and the midnight feeding.
-你干过那些吗 -没有
– Did you do any of that? – No.
但是我听说那非常累
But I hear it’s terrible.
然后你就要花上很多年
Then you spend years
努力误导 教坏这个孩子
trying to corrupt and mislead this child…
让他满脑子都是乱七八糟的东西
fill its head with nonsense,
而他最终还是成长为一个优秀的人
and still it turns out perfectly fine.
-你觉得我能行吗 -你有最好的老师
– You think I’m up for it? – You learned from the best.
你喝掉半罐 我就跟妈妈说你喝完了
Drink half the can. I’ll tell Mom you drank it all.
对谁都有好处
Everyone wins.
大家没必要这么担心 我大限未至
People needn’t worry so much. It’s not my time yet.
我的死亡方式不是这样
This is not how I go.
-是吗 -真的 我在魔眼里看到了
– Really? -Truly. I saw it in The Eye.
-住在沼泽边的老妇人吗 -她是巫师
– The old lady by the swamp? – She was a witch.
不 她很老了 可能还很虚弱
No, she was old and probably senile.
我在那只眼睛里看到了我的死亡
I saw my death in that eye,
不是现在这样
and this isn’t how it happens.
那是什么样的呢
So how does it happen?
那是个出乎意料的结局 我可不能剧透
Surprise ending. Wouldn’t want to ruin it for you.
你妈妈还以为我们不会再说话了
Your mother thought we wouldn’t talk again.
看看现在 我们相谈甚欢
Look at us. We’re talking fine.
我们父子都是讲故事的人
We’re storytellers, both of us.
我说我的故事 你写你的 都一样
I speak mine out, you write yours down. Same thing.

Dad…
我想趁我在这里的时候和你谈些事
I hope to talk about some things while I’m here.
你是说趁我还在的时候
You mean while I’m here.
我就是想知道一些事情的真♥相♥
I just want to know the true versions of things:
那些事件 故事
events, stories.
以及你
You.
你妈妈一直没好好保养游泳池
Your mother hasn’t been keeping up the pool.
-你要是愿意可以弄一下 -好吧
– If you wanted to, you could fix it. – Yeah, I will.
你知道清洁剂在哪里吗
You know where the chemicals are?
你以前不在的时候我就干过 记得吗
I did it when you were gone, remember?
我一直不太喜欢待在家 威尔 约束太多
I was never much for being at home, Will. Too confining.
而现在 只能躺在床上
And this here, being stuck in bed…
对我来说最糟的就是将死未死
Dying is the worst thing that’s ever happened to me.
你不是说你还不会死吗
I thought you said you weren’t dying.
我说的是 不是以这种方式死亡
I said this isn’t how I go.
最后的部分要惊奇得多
The last part is much more unusual.
相信我吧
Trust me on that.
本奈特医生说我必须在家待一周
Dr. Bennett said I have to stay at home for a week.
那不算什么 我曾经不得不卧床三年
Oh, that’s nothing. Once, I had to stay in bed for three years.
-你患上水痘了吗 -我倒希望是
– Did you have the chickenpox? – I wish.
♪奇异恩典 何等甘甜♪
♪Amazing Grace, How sweet the sound♪
♪拯救了像我这般无助的人♪
♪That saved a wretch like me♪
♪我曾迷失♪
♪I once was lost…♪
事实是 没人知道出了什么问题
Truth is, no one quite knew what was wrong.
大部分人都是逐渐长大
Most times a person grows up gradually…
而我却是一下就长大了
While I found myself in a hurry.
我的肌肉和骨头跟不上身体长大的步伐
My muscles and my bones couldn’t keep up with my body’s ambition.
所以我人生中最好的三年都被困在床上
So I spent the better part of three years confined to my bed
只能通过百科全书探索世界
with the encyclopaedia being my only means of exploration.
我一直看到了G开头的部分
I had made it all the way to the G’s,
希望能找到我巨人症的答案
hoping to find an answer to my “Gigantificationism”…
但我却无意间看到了一篇关于草金鱼的文章
when I uncovered an article about the common goldfish.
“养在小碗里 金鱼就会一直很小
“Kept in a small bowl, the goldfish will remain small.
如果有更多空间
With more space…
金鱼会变成两倍 三倍 四倍大小”
the fish will grow double, triple, or quadruple its size.”
我不禁想到 或许我之所以长得如此巨大
It occurred to me then that perhaps the reason for my growth…
是因为我注定该去更广阔的天地里闯荡
was that I was intended for larger things.
毕竟一个巨人不能过着平庸的生活
After all, a giant man can’t have an ordinary-sized life.
我的骨架一稳定为成人的大小
As soon as my bones had settled in their adult configuration…
我就定下了我的计划
I set upon my plan
联盟冠军赛
艾希顿猛虎队
要在艾希顿有更大的作为
to make a bigger place for myself in Ashton.
猛虎队 加油
Tigers, go!
爱德华·布鲁姆
Edward Bloom!
艾希顿高中 科学展览会
狗狗 我的狗狗 我的狗狗困住了
Doggy! My doggy! My doggy’s trapped!
我是艾希顿有史以来最大的人物
I was the biggest thing Ashton had ever seen.
直到有一天 一个陌生人来了
Until one day, a stranger arrived.
冷静 大家冷静 够了够了

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章情到深处
下一篇文章朱迪 Judy
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!