可以用流浪汉名义抓他
We can get him on vagrancy.
彼得 彼得 我要你把麦斯·卡迪抓起来
Pete? Pete, I want a pickup on Max Cady.
在登记表上有他的描述
Registration has the description.
好 办完打电♥话♥给我 听到没
Fine. You call me back, you hear?
谢谢你 马克
Thanks, Mark.
我太太和女儿单独在家 得赶快回去了
My family’s home alone. I better be going.
萨姆 你有条狗 对吗
You have a dog, don’t you, Sam?
她不咬人 却很会叫
She couldn’t bite through a donut, but she’s a good barker.
那就足够了 等抓到他后 我给你打电♥话♥
That’s good enough. I’ll call you when they pick him up.
希望没让你空忙一场
I hope I haven’t put you to all this trouble for nothing.
-最好没事 -晚安
-Well, Sam, I hope it is for nothing. -Good night.
-你是麦斯·卡迪 -是吧 有什么事
-You’re Max Cady? -Well, I could be. What’s your problem?
咱们到外面谈谈
We wanna talk to you outside.
你最好别用它 否则就要叫镇暴小组了 伙计
You start reachin’ for those, you better call for the riot squad, man.
谈谈没问题 我可不喜欢人碰我 伙计
I don’t mind a little talk, I just don’t like being pawed, you know.
等会儿回来记得找零
I’ll come back for the change later.
你有一个钟头时间把他们打发掉
I’m gonna give you just one hour to get rid of your friends.
你想抓我
Are you trying to pick me up?
没错
Yes. Yeah.
我可没喝醉 但我是个懂规矩的好市民
Now you know I’m not drunk. But I’m a cooperative guy.
瞧见这名片了 马斯医生
Here. See that card? John W. Moss, M. D.
如果要给我做酒精测试 最好叫他来做
If you wanna give me an intoxication test, bring that gentleman down here.
在监狱里 我研究了八年法律
I didn’t spend eight years in the can studying law for nothin’.
我有权叫私人医生来做检验
I’ve got a legal right to be examined by my own physician,
难道你们不知道
or didn’t you boys know that?
算了吧 反正等你离开时酒也醒了
Well, never mind. You’ll be sober enough when you leave here anyway.
谢谢你
Thank you.
请进
Come on in.
瞧瞧 这是谁啊 咱们最近倒常见面呀
Well, well, well. We seem to be seeing quite a bit of each other today.
卡迪 把衣服脱掉 只剩短裤
Let’s strip down to your shorts, Cady.
好的
Right.
我猜你觉得我会反对搜身
I suppose you thought I was going to object to a strip search,
是吗 长官
didn’t you, Chief?
抱歉 让你失望了
No, siree, not me.
我说过 我是好市民
Like I said, I’m a cooperative guy.
小心搜搜衬衫
Hey, you better check that shirt.
领子下面藏着违♥禁♥品♥呢
I got a couple of jolts of horse stashed under the collar.
-长裤脱掉 -马上 别急 长官
-Let’s make with the pants. -Comin’ up. Comin’ up, Chief.
你到这里来做什么
What are you doin’ in our town?
有人告诉我这里的天气很好
Well, they told me it was a pleasant climate,
又可以在河上驾船
plenty of boatin’ on the river,
还有好多像 这位大律师一样的好市民
a lot of fine, stand-up citizens like our friend here, the counselor.
我就喜欢这样的地方
I figured it may be just the place for me.
你有多少钱
How much money have you got?
这是我的皮夹 请便吧 长官
Well, here’s my wallet. Why don’t you check for yourself, Chief?
只有七块钱
$7.
那可不够你生活 卡迪
Well, now, that’s just not enough, Cady.
明早你最好给我滚远点
I’m charging you with vagrancy
否则就把你当流浪汉抓起来
unless you’re 100 miles away from here by morning.
拜托找仔细点 长官阁下
Would you look just a little harder, please, Chief, sir?
瞧瞧这有个小黑存折 上面怎么写的
Little black bank book in there. Read what that says.
-这本 -对
-This one? -That’s it.
好家伙 五千四百美元 怎么来的
Well, $5,400. Where’d you get it?
这是家本地银行 今天刚存的
You notice it’s in a bank right here and deposited this very day.
看到没有 长官阁下
You saw that, didn’t you, Chief, sir?
我问你怎么来的 小子
I asked you where you got it, boy!
做生意赚的 不行吗
Well, now, that could be my business, couldn’t it?
大律师 你认为我该回答吗
Would you advise me to answer a question like that, counselor?
最好回答
You’d be wise to answer it.
这建议不错
That’s the kind of advice I like
还是那句话 我是个好市民
because, like I said, I’m a cooperative guy.
去向马里兰州巴尔的摩市第一国家银行的
Now, you check with the escrow officer
买♥♥卖♥♥公♥证♥处查询就行
in the First National Bank in Baltimore, Maryland,
他会很乐意告诉你钱的来龙去脉
and he’d be happy to tell you exactly where that money come from.
-怎么样 -什么也没有 长官
-Anything? -Nothing, Chief.
萨姆 走吧
Come on, Sam.
“萨姆 走吧”
“Come on, Sam”?
你们倒挺亲密的 是不是
Y’all kind of friendly, ain’t you?
合作无间嘛
Nice, tight little corporation.
“马克 老伙计 我不想看到这家伙”
“Mark, old buddy, I don’t like that man’s face.
“把他赶走”
“Throw him out of town.”
“这个嘛 没问题 照你说的办”
“Why, certainly, Sam. Anything to oblige you.”
告诉你 别作梦
Well, I’m gonna tell you something, mister.
想赶我走 门也没有
You’re gonna be old and gray before I ever leave this town.
我警告你
I’ll give you a warning.
离我的家人
Stay off my property.
远点
Day or night.
你好
Hello.
我正忙一件案子 抱歉没能早点打电♥话♥
Sorry I couldn’t phone you sooner, but I was out on a case.
我和买♥♥卖♥♥公♥证♥处联络过了
Anyway, I got hold of the escrow officer out at his home early.
卡迪卖♥♥掉他老家的农场 净赚了五千九百美元
Cady sold the old family farm for $5,900, net.
没把柄可抓 萨姆
He’s in the clear, Sam.
打算什么时候要放了他
When are you going to release him?
已经放了 就在几小时前
I’ve already done it. A couple of hours ago.
马克你等一下 玛丽莲怎么了
Hold on, Mark. What’s going on with Marilyn?
不知道 树丛里看不见它
I don’t know. I can’t see her in the bushes.
-你妈妈呢 -大概在厨房♥吧
-Where’s your mother? -In the kitchen, I think.
-萨姆 你还在吗 -在 马克
-You still there, Sam? -Yes, Mark.
你记住 可以用合法的方式
Just remember that there are legal ways to convince Mr. Cady
让卡迪先生知难而退
that this can be a pretty poor place to live in.
我们会尽量去做的
We’ll do all we can.
不过你自己要多加小心
I don’t have to tell you to keep your eyes open.
我会的 你放心 多谢了 马克
You can bank on that. Thanks, Mark.
玛丽莲不叫了 可能抓到兔子了
Marilyn stopped barking. Maybe she caught a rabbit.
它从没抓过兔子
You know that Marilyn never caught a rabbit in her life.
万一逮到它会把兔子吃掉吗
If she did, do you suppose she’d eat it?
它可没吃过兔子
She doesn’t know that rabbits are to eat.
萨姆 快快快
Sam! Sam! Sam!
萨姆 快来
Sam, come quick!
玛丽莲 它出事啦
It’s Marilyn! She’s having a fit!
快发动车子
Get the car started.
爸爸 它怎么了
Dad, what’s the matter with her?
爸爸 怎么回事 玛丽莲 你怎么啦
Dad, what’s the matter? What’s the matter, Marilyn?
天呀 爸爸 到底怎么啦
Oh, Dad, what’s the matter?
开车门 我坐后面
Open the door. I’ll get in the back.
你到前面坐
You get in the front.
也许不该带南茜去
Maybe we better not take her.
留在这里不安全
She can’t stay here.
八成是马钱子碱 萨姆
Ten-to-one it was strychnine, Sam.
再快也救不了它
You couldn’t have saved her if you’d been twice as quick.
对我来说 这和杀人无异
To me, it’s the same as murdering a human.
真抱歉让南茜看到
It’s a shame Nancy had to see it.
她注定看到
She was meant to see it.
医生 谢谢你
Well, thanks, Doctor.
别让爸爸看到你哭丧着脸
Don’t let Daddy see you like this.
我都是这时候喂它的
But this is when I always feed her.
我得跟你们俩谈谈
I’d like to speak to both of you.
不是想吓你们
I’m not telling you this to frighten you,
而是要你们留点神
but I want you to be careful
你长大了 应该能接受事实
and I think you’re old enough to be told why.
八年前一个人进了监狱 我是控方证人
Eight years ago, I was a witness against a man, and he was sent to prison.
现在他出狱了
And the thing is he’s out now
他对我一直怀恨在心
and blames me for his conviction.
是他毒死了玛丽莲
He’s the one that poisoned Marilyn.
很有可能 可惜没证据
Maybe. But there’s no proof of that.
但是你知道是他做的
But you know he did.
没证据就算知道也没用 你们要留神
Thinking isn’t knowing. Just be careful.
这个大个子男人
This is a big man.
一头黑发 抽雪茄
He has dark hair. He smokes cigars
常戴一顶巴拿马草帽
and usually wears a Panama hat.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
前一篇文章幼儿园警探
下一篇文章一夜狂欢
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!