恐怖角
老爹 萨姆·鲍登在哪里
Hey, daddy, where does Sam Bowden hang out?
在那里
In there, sir.
庭审就要结束了
Court is about over, I think.
高等法庭
不行 法官大人
Oh, no, Your Honor.
每次都因为辩方证人生病而延期
This would make the third adjournment of this case
这已经是第三次了
always due to the illness of some defense witness.
就算这个证人病了
Now, granted that this witness is ill,
辩方仍有十一个关键人证
the defense still has 11 important witnesses able to testify
而原告人证只有一个
while the plaintiff has but one.
就算那十一位再年老体衰
I submit that 11 against one should be enough.
十一比一的结果也显而易见
No matter how sickly and decrepit those 11 happen to be.
双方律师请到法官席前
Opposing counsel will please come closer to the bench
以便私下讨论
so that we can discuss this more privately.
萨姆 你明知道夏天的法庭热得像烤箱一样
Now, Sam, you know this courtroom gets like an oven.
你想惹陪审团不高兴吗
You want a hostile jury on your hands?
最好拖到秋天 大家都高兴
Let’s put it over till fall and everybody’ll be happy.
除了我的委托人
Everybody except my client.
他可正等这笔赔款过日子呢
He has money due, and he’s badly in need of it.
再说我的主要证人这么老了
More important, my chief witness is quite an old man.
说不定活不到秋天
He might not be alive next fall.
延期被否决
Motion for adjournment is denied.
现在已过四点
Since it is now after 4:00,
改在星期一早上继续审判
this trial will resume Monday morning.
谢谢
Thank you.
你好啊 大律师 还认得我吗
Hello, counselor. Remember me?
在巴尔的摩
Baltimore.
八年四个月又十三天前
Eight years, four months and 13 days ago.
现在想起来了吧 大律师
Becoming any clearer now, counselor?
卡迪 麦斯·卡迪
Cady. Max Cady.
没错 我料到你绝忘不了我
Good. I wouldn’t wanna think you’d forgotten me.
你想干什么
What do you want?
你没有马上记起我来 对不对
You didn’t remember me right off, did you?
我恐怕是变了不少
Well, I guess I’ve changed a little.
待在那种地方 要是不变样会让他们失望的
Where I’ve been, if you don’t change, they’re real disappointed.
你一点都没变 说实话
You haven’t changed a bit. And you know something?
这样最好
That’s just the way I wanted it.
我倒是希望你仍能保持当年的模样
I wanted you to be just the way you were the last time I saw you.
好啦 看也看到了 还有什么事
All right, you’ve seen me. What’s the rest?
没什么 就是给你提个醒
No rest. Just wanted to give you the word.
提醒你目前的处境
Just wanted you to get the picture, that’s all.
-钥匙还给我 -没问题
-Give me the keys. -Why not?
直说了吧
Now let me get this straight.
你自己做了坏事 还要埋怨我
You’re not still blaming me for what you did?
看来你还是没看清自己的处境啊 大律师
You still don’t get the picture, do you, counselor?
也好 看来得多花点时间 下大工夫
Well, I can see this is gonna take a little time. A lot of time.
瞧啊 你看看
Hey, look at that, would ya?
扭得真厉害
Look at that wiggle.
明摆着招蜂引蝶
Maybe she thinks we don’t know that’s on purpose,
你我心里都明白 是不是啊 大律师
but we’ve seen a thing or two, haven’t we, counselor?
你该是这方面的专家啊 大律师
You ought to be an expert on such things, counselor.
我可听说您太太是个大美人
I hear you got ya a good-lookin’ wife
你们女儿也是亭亭玉立
and a daughter who’s gonna be just like her.
替我问家人好 大律师 咱们回头见
Give my love to the family, counselor. Be seein’ you.
你迟到 晚了十分钟
Well, anyway, you’re 10 minutes late.
当初真不该教女人看时间
It’s a mistake to teach women how to tell time.
教会了 倒害自己受苦
They always use it against you.
爸爸 别拖太久
Please don’t be long, Dad.
我邀请了贝蒂 咱们一起去打保龄球
I asked Betty to bowl with us.
哪个贝蒂
Betty?
是不是那个”臭气熏天小混♥蛋♥”
Isn’t that that “utterly rancid little thing”
你不是最讨厌人家吗
that you detest with every fiber of your being?
那是上个礼拜 这个礼拜她们快好成一个人了
That was last week. This week they’re inseparable.
那么我就坐在这儿计分好了
Think I’ll just sit here and keep score.
赖皮
Cheat.
-来瓶啤酒 -马上来
-Beer. -Okay.
啤酒来了
Here you go.
你的动作真快
You’re kind of fast on your feet, ain’t you?
在这里工作就要动作快
Oh, you have to be around here.
那个戒指有意义吗
That, that ring mean anything?
当然有
Yeah, it means plenty.
这个有意义吗
Does that mean anything?
爸爸 你没打中
Dad, you’re slipping.
往常你都会说是球柱动了
Usually, you would have said the pin moved.
本来就是
It did.
打得不错
Nice shot.
大律师 别在意
Don’t mind me, counselor.
我就想瞧瞧你们一家人
I’m just getting a gander at the rest of your family.
你真好命
Yeah, you’re a lucky man.
瞧见没 爸爸 全中 瞧见没
Did you see my strike, Daddy? Did you?
警♥察♥局
Police Department.
请接达顿局长
Chief Dutton, please.
达顿局长恐怕离开了 我试试看
Chief Dutton? He’s probably left, but I’ll try.
我是达顿局长
Chief Dutton.
马克 是我萨姆·鲍登
Mark, Sam Bowden.
你好 萨姆
Well, hello, Sam.
晚上到府上去方便吗
Mind if I drop over for a minute this evening?
没问题 来吧 认识我家吧 萨姆
Not at all, Sam. You know the house.
-认识 多谢了 马克 -没什么
-Yes, I know it. Thanks, Mark. -Right.
萨姆 出什么事了吗
What’s on your mind, Sam?
麦斯·卡迪是个前科犯 现在正在城里
There’s an ex-convict in town, name of Max Cady.
谢谢
Thanks.
他好像在和我玩心理战
I think he’s starting a war of nerves with me.
但愿仅只于此
I hope it’s only that.
他威胁你吗
Has he threatened you?
不 那些在法庭上站不住脚
No, nothing that would hold in court.
认识他的人才能感觉到那威胁
You have to know him to feel the threat.
今天在法♥院♥外他拦住我
He stopped me this afternoon after court
晚上又出现在保龄球馆
and he showed up again this evening at the bowling center.
他跟踪我
He followed me.
为什么
Well, why?
为了八年前 巴尔的摩的一件案子
I was up in Baltimore about eight years ago, on a case.
有天深夜我回旅馆去
One night, I was walking back to my hotel quite late.
听到漆黑的停车场有动静
I heard a kind of a commotion in the rear of a dark parking lot.
听上去有人在啜泣
It sounded like someone whimpering.
我跑过去
I ran over.
看到一个女孩遭到攻击
A girl was being attacked.
我立刻抓住那个男人
I grappled with the man,
女孩喘过气来 大声尖叫
she suddenly got her breath back and started screaming at the top of her voice.
那男人看到警♥察♥时 居然气得发狂
When he saw the police, he went completely berserk.
女孩伤的不轻 住了一个多月的医院
Put the girl in the hospital for over a month.
他就是麦斯·卡迪
And that was Max Cady.
后来我做了控方证人
Later on, I had to go back up and appear against him as a witness.
确认他迁怒于你
You feel sure that he blames you personally?
庭审的时候就表现得相当明显
That was perfectly clear at the trial.
下午在法♥院♥见到他时 我只觉得奇怪
I thought it was strange when he showed up here this afternoon,
直到他出现在保龄球馆 我才紧张起来
but I wasn’t really worried until I saw him at the bowling center.
他看我家人的眼神 想想就觉得可怕
It was the way he looked at my family.
每到新地方 前科犯必须向当局登记
All ex-cons are required to register on arrival in a new town.
警官 我是达顿
Sergeant, this is Dutton.
有个叫麦斯·卡迪的前科犯
There’s an ex-con named Max Cady.
等等 萨姆 他的名字怎么拼
Hold on. How do you spell that, Sam?
-CADY -CADY 前几天有没有来登记过
-C-A-D-Y -C-A-D-Y. Has he registered here in the last few days?
很可能没登记 这样就有理由赶他走
Chances are he hasn’t done it. We can run him out of town on that.
警官 谢谢你 慢着
Thanks, Sergeant. Hold on.
昨天就登记过了 还算有点常识
He’s smart. Registered yesterday.
地址呢
What address did he give?
好 替我接格维西中尉
I see. Switch me to Lieutenant Gervasi.
他住在码头区
The address is over at the dock area.
似乎没什么钱
It sounds like he’s short of dough.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
前一篇文章幼儿园警探
下一篇文章一夜狂欢
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!