我会给你们一张警方的照片
I’ll get you a police photograph of him.
这事解决之前
Until we have this thing under control,
出门必须有妈妈陪着
I want you never to leave this house
否则不能私自离开家和学校
or the school grounds, except in your mother’s car.
只要自己多加小心就没事
There’s nothing to worry about as long as you’re careful.
警方也会随时替我们留意
The police are going to keep a very close watch on the house
我估计他只想吓吓我们
and the chances are that he’s just trying to scare us anyway.
那种人根本不配享有人♥权♥
A man like that doesn’t deserve civil rights.
可是依照法律 不能因为他打算做坏事就抓人
‘Cause you know, you can’t put a man in jail for what he might do.
谢天谢地
And thank heaven for that.
你觉得我们是不是该出去躲一阵
Do you think we should go away for a while?
南茜也别去学校了
Take Nancy out of school?
我确实想过
I did think of that.
可卡迪会一直跟着咱们
But Cady can afford to go anyplace we can go.
那该怎么对付那家伙
What are we going to do about that man?
还没想到 但有件事很重要
I don’t know yet. I know one thing.
不能让他吓住咱们
We mustn’t let him frighten us.
那样就着了他的道
That’ll be just playing his game.
萨姆
Sam?
你在楼下做什么
What are you doing down here?
我肚子饿 爸爸也在楼下
I was hungry, and I heard Dad.
他在哪儿
Where is he?
在和警♥察♥说话
He’s talking to a policeman.
可能是沿着巷子开车 然后把肉丢出来
Probably just drove along the alley and tossed the meat out.
-谢谢你能来 -放心吧
-Well, thanks for coming by. -You bet.
-晚安 -晚安
-Good night. -Good night.
以后别再这样吓我
Don’t you ever do that to me again.
皮尔索尔医生 检查发现了什么
What were your physical findings, Dr. Pearsall?
体♥检♥发现左腿短了一英英寸
Physical findings were a one-inch shortening of the left leg.
X光方面呢
And the X-ray?
X光显示骨折虽已愈合
The X-ray revealed that though the fracture healed,
但有明显的关节退化症
there was marked indication of degenerative joint disease.
“关节退化症”就是关节炎吗
And by “degenerative joint disease” you mean arthritis?
是的 那么结论是
Yes. And what was your diagnosis?
臀部骨折 再加上关节表面损伤
Diagnosis was hip fracture with destruction of the joint surfaces,
活动时会疼 引起行动不便
which caused the pain and restriction of motion.
那么你对原告进行了手术治疗
You then performed surgery upon the plaintiff?
是的
Yes.
这个模型
I have a model here,
应该能帮助陪审团更容易明白
which should make the operation easy for the jury to understand.
什么事
What is it?
达顿局长要见你
Chief Dutton wants to see you in his office.
-现在 -对
-Right now? -Right now.
法官大人 我有事要离开一会 可以吗
Your Honor, may I be excused for a few minutes?
葛纳先生会继续提问
Mr. Garner will continue the questioning.
允许离开
Permission granted.
陪审团喜欢他 尽量让他表现
Keep him on as long as you can. The jury likes him.
是的 没错 我都明白
Oh, yes. Yes, it is clear to me.
要是你决定这样处理也没关系
That’s fine if you wanna handle it that way.
那就直接告诉郡方 这是他们的案子
All right, then you tell the county it’s their case, that’s all.
抱歉由于情况严重
Sam, I’m sorry to pull you out like this,
所以突然把你叫来
but this could be serious, for both of us.
卡迪居然请到了戴夫·格拉夫顿
Your friend Cady turned up with Dave Grafton.
喔 真不简单
Oh, that’s it.
这次算他找对人了
Well, he got himself the right man.
局势对咱们不妙 你认识戴夫 他可是个激进份子
Not for us. You know what he’s like. He’s one of these ardent types.
警♥察♥把无赖口中的雪茄拿走
You slap a cigarette out of some hoodlum’s mouth,
不出五分钟
five minutes later,
他就在市长办公室里大骂警♥察♥暴♥力♥执法
he’s down in the mayor’s office yelling police brutality,
拉帮结派 制♥造♥舆♥论♥
rallying the bleeding heart squad.
你好 戴夫
Hello, Dave.
萨姆 早上好
Good morning, Sam.
什么风把你吹来了
Say, I hope you haven’t come down here
不是通知我惹上官司了吧
to dispute me on any technicalities.
放心 我现在不是律师 就是普通百姓
No, I’m here as a citizen, not as a lawyer.
-不用担心那些术语 -那我就放心了
-Don’t worry about technicalities. -Thank you, very kindly.
首先要说的是 我的委托人不想惹麻烦
First, let me say that my client does not wanna make any trouble.
他只是不想继续被骚扰
He merely wants to put an end to this persecution.
什么骚扰
What persecution is this?
那就直说了吧 以下的事你应该都有记录
Well, I believe your records will show the following.
上周五晚我的委托人被拘留
Detention in jail last Friday night.
理论上讲 你确实有问询的权力
Oh, I agree that you were technically within your rights.
之所以要说 是因为之后的事有点不正常
I merely mention this as the beginning of a pattern.
哪不正常
What pattern?
我正要说
Oh, I intend to establish this pattern.
上周六 卡迪先生的房♥间和车子都被搜查过
On Saturday, Mr. Cady’s room was searched, his car was searched.
他准备抗♥议♥吗
Did he protest the search?
当时他被
During this time,
认定是毒狗嫌犯
my client was made to feel he was suspected of poisoning a dog.
这种卑鄙的行动 严重损害了他的名声
A truly despicable act, causing serious damage to his reputation!
你等等再说
Now hold on right there.
我保证除了告诉卡迪外
I can guarantee you that none of my officers mentioned
并没对别人说过
this to anyone but Cady.
也许吧
Perhaps.
但是被警♥察♥搜屋
But people do become curious
总会引起人们的揣测
when a citizen’s room is searched by the police.
本周一 因为怀疑参与持械抢劫
Now, on Monday, my client was picked up and interrogated
我的委托人被警♥察♥带走问询
by the police on suspicion of armed robbery.
本周二
On Tuesday,
我的委托人又被要求
my client was forced to stand in a lineup
站在抢包嫌犯中被指认
on suspicion of purse-snatching.
由于不断的被警方骚扰
This constant attention by the police
他的房♥东要求他搬走
caused his landlady to ask him to vacate the premises.
他被迫另寻住处 付更高的租金
He was forced to find other, more expensive lodgings.
行了 你想说什么 重点是什么
All right, what are you getting at? What’s the point?
警♥察♥还不能询问疑犯了吗
Don’t the police have a right to interrogate a suspect anymore?
说实话 萨姆 要是一个礼拜前
Sam, you know, if anybody had told me a week ago
我怎么也不相信你会这么说
that you were capable of a remark like that…
我接着说哪不正常吧
Let me continue with the pattern.
本周三 一天被带走两次
On Wednesday, he was picked up twice.
一次怀疑盗窃 一次怀疑偷车
First on suspicion of burglary, second on suspicion of grand theft auto.
新房♥东察觉后 又多少起了疑心
His new landlord become aware of this, in some manner,
再一次 卡迪先生被迫搬家
and, again, Mr. Cady was forced to move.
他现在的住处又脏又不舒服
His present lodgings are squalid and uncomfortable.
今天是星期四 你该报告完了吧
Well, today is Thursday. You must be about finished.
到目前为止 是的
For the moment, yes.
那你所谓的不正常又是怎么回事
Then what is this pattern you’re talking about?
鲍登先生 作为律师
Well, I’m sure that Mr. Bowden here is still
你应该很清楚
enough of a lawyer to see it.
我的委托人有过前科
My client is an ex-convict.
如今不断的被警方骚扰
He’s been constantly harassed by the police,
受到了极度的精神摧残和公众排挤
subjected to extreme mental cruelty and public degradation.
已经让他没法♥正♥常生活了
He’s even been denied an adequate place to live.
说白了 这是要驱逐我的委托人
To be very blunt, gentlemen, my client has been thoroughly rousted!
还有
And isn’t it also a fact
你说过警力不足
that with manpower as short as you say it is,
那怎么还派人全天守着一处私宅
that officers are assigned day and night to guarding the premises
就算那宅子是你好朋友的
of one private individual who happens to be a personal friend of yours?
这也未免太过份了吧
This without any evidence of danger!
你说我家吗
You’re referring to my house.
是的 没错
Yes, I am!
那请问你 是谁给你这些资料的
Then I ask, who furnished you with that information?
你应该知道这件事
Well, I think you will find that this is a matter
已闹得整个警局都知道了
of common knowledge in the department.
格拉夫顿 你给我听好了
Grafton, I want you to listen to this.
我既没欠萨姆·鲍登人情 也没给他特殊待遇
I don’t owe Sam Bowden any special favors nor do I give any.
24小时中花在他住♥宅♥的
In each 24 hours,
时间少于两个钟头
there’s been less than two hours devoted to guarding his house
我这里有充分的证明
and I’m prepared to substantiate that!
你讲完了吗
Now are you finished?

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
前一篇文章幼儿园警探
下一篇文章一夜狂欢
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!