I’m sorry. Can I borrow your sugar?
当然
Sure.
谢谢
Thank you.
你没认出我来?
Did you not recognize me?
不太确定
I wasn’t sure.
我见他了
I saw him.
如你所说 他就在那儿看报
Just like you said, he had his newspapers right there and
我上前问他借了糖
I went up asked him for his sugar.
然后他假装接着看报
And he pretended to read his newspapers.
然后他起身走到我身边 问我是不是学生
And he got up and came over to me and asked me if I was a student.
我就按你说的回答 我是学外语的 日语
And I said that I was studying language, like you told me to, Japanese.
然后他又让我说几句日语给他听
And he asked me if I could say something in Japanese,
这让我很尴尬 最后只说了句”你好”
which made me blush. And I ended up just saying, “Konichiwa.”
接着他又问起我的名字 我就告诉他我叫克洛伊
And then he asked me what my name was and I said Chloe.
好 很好
Okay. That’s okay.
什么也没发生
Nothing happened.
除了他走近跟你搭话
Except that he approached you and he spoke to you.
美女 酒吧…
Pretty girl, cafe…
他只是试图友好 没什么出格的举动
He barely flirted. He was just friendly.
他很帅
He’s cute.
为什么做这行?
How do you do this?
我试图从每个人身上找到可爱之处
I try to find something to love in everybody.
即使是细枝末节
Even if it’s a small thing.
一个微笑足矣
Something about the way someone smiles.
总有一点吸引你
There’s always something.
也必须有
There has to be.
我想做个落落大方的人 做了许多不喜欢做的事
I try to make myself generous. I do things I don’t want to do.
也不愿过于苛求
I think about what not to criticize.
可还是会遇上非比寻常的事
And the strangest things come back to me.
比如?
Like?

You.
我?
Me?
是的
Yeah.
是的 你这样的人走进我的生活
Yeah, people like you walk into my life.
钱在信封里
The money’s in the envelope.
我想你再做一次 看他什么反应
I want to do this one more time just to see what he does.
然后就结束 好吗?
And then we’ll stop, okay?
好的
Okay.
听着 迈克尔 我们又没有订婚 懂吗?
Look, Michael, it’s not like we’re engaged. Okay?
即便有了别的男生 也跟你没关系
If there are other guys, it’s got nothing to do with you.
好吧 我需要见你 行吗? 这样…这样很怪
Alright. I need to see you, okay? This… this is weird.
你在见我呀
You are seeing me.
我是说…面对面那种 现在…这算什么
I mean… I mean face-to-face. This is… this is fucked.
我知道 可是 我们就是在面对面啊 难道…
I know but, look, we are face-to-face. Let’s just…
听着 哪儿有好好的然后说分就分的?
Look, people don’tjust break up with each other out of nowhere, okay?
我知道你肯定是有别人了
I know there’s someone else.
我…我觉得…
I just… I don’t think that…
马上就要毕业了 你懂吗 迈克尔
Graduation’s coming up, you know, Michael.
我…我不想所有事情都围着你转
I just… I don’t want to feel tied down by you or anything.
操蛋!妈妈!
Fuck! Mom!
在跟谁聊天?
Who were you on with?
一个学生 反正也聊完了
One of my students. We were done anyway.
我们的宝贝儿子刚被人甩了
Our little boy’s being dumped.
你怎么知道的?
How do you know?
我真不知道到底该担心哪个了…
I don’t know what bothers me more…
是他们在一起还是不在一起
that he’s sleeping with her or that he isn’t.
你跟他谈过了?
Did you speak to him?
他根本就不搭理我
He doesn’t talk to me.
凯瑟琳 一切都会好的
Catherine, this is going to be okay.
我都不知道该怎么当这个妈了
I don’t know how to be his mother anymore.
他会挺过来的
He’s going to be fine.
这就像理疗 他很快就会…
He’s in therapy. He’s going to be?
他女朋友在家过夜的事你知道吗?
Did you know his girlfriend was sleeping over?
拜托 谁没年轻过啊
Come on. You remember what it was like.
嘿!干嘛不来尝尝这个 意下如何?
Hey! What do you say we… what do you say we taste this?
不 我…我头有点疼
No. I… I have a headache.
-那就吃片儿雅维(镇痛药) -吃过了
– Well, take an Advil. – I did.
再吃一片
Take two.
哦 伙计
Oh, boy.
玉液琼浆
Oh, nectar.
谢谢你的威士忌
Thank you for the scotch.
也谢谢你的热情宴会
And thank you for the fecking party.
我喜欢看你笑
I love your smile.
你少来
No, you don’t.
从什么时候起我们不再去机场迎接对方了?
When did we stop picking each other up at the airport?
不记得了
I don’t know.
在出口望眼欲穿
And waiting for each other at the gate?
呃?
Eh?
我在试图回忆…回想当年
I’m trying to remember when… when it happened.
最后把保安都招来了?
When they upped security.
我是认真的
I’m serious.
谁知道呢 我们都太忙了吧
I don’t know. We just got so busy.
怎么?
What?
还有三十份论文要批阅 明天要用的
I’ve got thirty papers to read and comment on by tomorrow.
是啊 你应该…应该去工作
Yeah. You should… you should get to work.
你没事吧?
Are you okay?
没事 当然
Yeah, of course.
是我 爸爸…
Yeah, Dad…
我快受不了了 每次…
It’s kind of crazy, you know, when…
每次我一见她 就感觉…
when and I met, it was like
我以前还从没有过这种感觉 完全被她…
I’ve never really felt that way about anyone. She totally just kind of,
我是说…老爸…
I mean, you… Dad,
你以前是不是对老妈也有过这种感觉?
did you feel that way like about Mom?
就像 怎么形容当年你们见面来着?
Like, was that how it was when you guys met?
以前我老缠着你讲你们认识的经过呢
I used to make you tell me that story over and over again about how you two met.
她是你一生中见过最漂亮的女人
She was the most beautiful woman you’d ever seen.
她是你的另一半世界…
That she was everything that you weren’t…
你在这儿啊
There you are.
嗨!他们真棒
Hey! They’re amazing.
抱歉 我…我感觉自己好像正在经历…
Sorry. I think… I think I was going through some…
经历某种危险期或者是中年危机
some weird form of insecurity or a mid-life crisis or something
但我们还是把这件事忘了吧
but let’s just forget this whole thing happened.
我已经做了
Well, I already did.
忘了?
Forget it?
不 我已经见过他了
No. I already saw him.
你见他了?在哪儿?
You saw him? Where?
当时我在酒吧…按你的吩咐我去跟他接触
I was at the cafe and I… I approached him like you asked me to,
然后又一起吃了午饭
and we went to lunch.
你…等等 你和我老公一起吃饭了?
You… wait, you had lunch with my husband?
是的 其实更像个野餐
Yeah, it was a picnic, kind of.
我们带了些三明治
We bought some sandwiches.
我问他上课的事
And then I asked him about his teaching
他就开始讲自己的音乐
and he started talking about his music.
然后他开始盯着我看
And he kind of stared at me.
再后来呢?
And then what?
他问能不能吻我
And then he asked me if he could kiss me.
我可没让你做这些
I didn’t ask you to do that.
但他接着又说不行 因为他有妻子
But then he said he could not kiss me because he’s married.
你看 开始他还在作斗争
You see? At first he was hesitant.
开始?
At first?
然后他又问我知不知道在哪儿
And then he asked me if there was somewhere
亲热不会引人注意
he could kiss me where no one would see us.
然后…
And…
我说我们可以去艾伦园艺馆
I said to him that we should go to Allen Gardens.
就在这条街头有个大大的温室
You know that place down the street with the big… big greenhouse?
要我停下来吗?
Do you want me to stop?

No.
我们穿过栽满奇花异草的长廊
We walked through this big long corridor with all these exotic flowers.
里面一个人也没有
There was nobody around.
我喜欢那里
I love Allen Gardens.
四季如春

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!