不论她在不在部队 让我们带Anne Marie
We’d have been thrilled to have Anne Marie with us all the time,
我们都会觉得很快乐的
what with the Army and all.
但是凯伦是个真正的母亲
But Karen was a real good mom.
除非真正需要 否则从不请求帮助
Never asked for help unless she really needed it.
你都不能想象离开女儿去前线打战
You can’t imagine how hard it was for her
对于她这有多难
to go off and leave that little girl to fight in a war,
但对凯伦来说 尽她的职责更重要
but it was important to Karen to do her duty.
所以她去了
So she went.
从我看见你 你坐在这儿有20分钟了
You’ve been out here 20 minutes since I spotted you.
之前多少分钟?15
How much longer before that? 15.
我看见你 嗯
I see you, uh
买♥♥了个新的冰箱
got the new refrigerator.
你认为孩子们会理解他们的爸爸坐在雪佛莱里
Do you think the kids will understand why their daddy is out here in a Chevy
而不和他们在前院里玩耍?
instead of playing with them in the front yard?
也不在胡德基地 就象你说你在胡德基地?
Or at Fort Hood, like you told me you were?
你回来了?
Are you back?
我路过
I’m in transit.
你知道 纳森 我花了很长的时间
You know, Nat, it took me a long time
才领会出如何不磨掉自己 而成为一个军人的妻子
to figure out how to be an Army wife without obliterating myself.
这并不容易 但是我做到了
It wasn’t easy, but I did it.
我知道你做到了
I know you did, Mer.
所以对我来说 如果我丈夫不是军人了
So it wouldn’t be a hardship for me
学习如何不做一名军人的妻子
to learn how not to be an Army wife
并不是一件难事
if my husband wasn’t in the Army any more.
军队是我的生命
The Army’s my life, Mer.
我们也是
And so are we.
你不需要弄清楚所有的事 纳森
You don’t have to figure it all out, Nat.
你只需要承认你不能
You just have to admit that you can’t.
你需要和我们在一起
You have to want to be here with us,
这就够了
that’s all.
我们会在这儿
We’ll be here.
一段时间的
For a while.
现在走吧
Now go away.
如果你不留下来 我不想让孩子们看到你
If you’re not going to stay, I don’t want the kids to see you.
那枝M16 它打光子弹了吗?
This M16, did it run out of ammo?
什么 长官?
Yes, sir?
沙林上校 你可以进去了我不记得了…
Colonel Serling, you can go in now. I don’t remember…
嘿 纳森 什么事?
Hey, Nat, what’s up?
将军
General.
是关于华登的案子 长官 有1 2个矛盾
It’s the Walden file, sir. One or two discrepancies.
矛盾?
Discrepancies?
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
我知道那些白宫的小丑们策划着一些事
I knew those White House clowns were up to something.
如果不是她应得的不是华登上尉 长官
If she doesn’t deserve it, she won’t get it. It’s not Captain Walden, sir.
是我从她的组员那里得到的一些细节
It’s some of the details of the stories I’m getting from her crew.
我不知有多大意义… 我快被文件淹死了
I don’t know how significant… I’m drowning in paper here.
都是对战斗的评估…
They’re crawling all over my ass for combat assessments,…
长官 我只是想让你了解一下情况 就这些
Sir, I just wanted to let you know this is not a rubberstamp situation, that’s all.
这个医师伊拉里欧 他故事里有些有趣的事
Now, this specialist, uh, llario, there’s something funny about his story.
我们又不是给伊拉里欧颁发勋章 是给华登
We’re not giving the medal to llario. We’re giving it to Walden.
是的
Roger.
很好 继续
Splendid. Move forward.
好 矛盾集中体现在…一枝M16步♥枪♥上
OK. The discrepancies specifically relate to… use of an M16 rifle…
拜托!从没两个证人对每个细节都一致
Come on, Nat! No two eyewitnesses ever agree on every detail.
你和我一样都知道
You know that as well as I do.
我们什么时候能有这个报告?
When do we get that report?
我想白宫离我远点
I want the White House off my back.
就这几天 长官
A few days, sir.
你同意这份报告…应尽可能详细准确?
You agree that this report should be as detailed and accurate as possible?
这意味着什么 上校?
Which means exactly what, Colonel?
没什么 长官
Which means exactly what I said, sir.
对不起 长官 这是沙林上校证词的第2份拷贝
Sorry, sir. This is the second copy of Colonel Serling’s Al Bathra deposition.
调查者好象放错了
The investigator seemed to have misplaced the last one.
放好它
Rise above.
这会很快解决的
This will all be over soon.
调查结束后
Will there be a public statement of the facts
会有事实公开的声明吗 长官?
when the investigation is over, sir?
彻底的复查每个案例前
There’s been a decision not to release any findings until every case
决定不公开任何发现
has been thoroughly reviewed.
你认为要多长时间 长官?
Well, how long do you imagine that will be, sir?
下次我见到Boylar中尉父母时 将告诉他们事实
I mean, next time I see Lieutenant Boylar’s parents, I’d like to tell them the whole truth.
你知道越战中 我要面对多少悲痛的父母?
You know how many grieving parents I had to deal with during Vietnam?
这里不是越南
This is not Vietnam.
Boylar中尉的坦克 是被贫铀弹击中的
Lieutenant Boylar’s tank was hit by uraniumdepleted shells.
我们是世界上唯一使用这种炮弹的国家
We’re the only country in the world that uses them.
有华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥的记者在追查真♥相♥
We got reporters from the Washington Post looking for the truth,
唯一知道真♥相♥的人不能说
and the only person that knows it can’t say it
是因为调查者不让他说!
because these investigators are dragging their backsides!
应该有人为这件事负责 长官
Someone has got to be accountable for this,… sir.
坐下
Take a seat.
纳森 我对你太放任了
Nat, I’m going to give you all the rope in the world.
首先 你暗示我对有关
First you imply I’m not interested
华登上尉的准确的报告没兴趣
in an accurate report on Captain Walden.
你又暗示在阿尔·巴特拉的事件中有谎言
Now you’re suggesting there must be some coverup going on about Al Bathra.
你希望我怎么反应呢?
So how do you want me to respond?
作为你的长官
As your commanding officer,
作为照料你 提拔你
or as your friend who nursed you, pushed promotions,
在你孩子的洗礼上拍他们的背 让他们打嗝的朋友
and fucking burped your kids at their baptisms?
我应该怎么反应?
Just how should I respond?
对不起 长官
I’m sorry, sir.
真希望你有这种感觉
I should hope by God you would be.
现在
Now,
你失去了你的朋友Boylar
Iosing a man like your friend Boylar,
我去过那里
I’ve been there.
整个
Well, this
这件事…
whole mess…
我是和你连在一起的
It’s my ass on the line right there beside yours.
我和你一样 能感觉到空气中的寒意
I can feel the chill in the air as well as you can.
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
还有 我知道你酗酒
And I know about the drinking.
如果我不得不写下来的话
And if I have to write you up,
那会是你记录上的又一个污点
it’ll just be one more bite out of your record.
收拾东西
Clean it up.
定个计划
Get yourself in a programme.
我等着这份报告
I’ll be looking for that report.
快点
Soon.
这是沙林的家 我们现在不在…
Yes, this is the Serling residence. We’re not in right now…
听到提示音后 留下讯息…我们会回电
But at the tone, leave a message and… We’ll call you when we get home.
你最好把头伸进去!
You better get your head into this!
我要让你这门课通不过!
I’m going to drop you from this programme like a hot rock!
快点!
You better hurry up!
早上好 长官 莫菲兹在那 我去找他
Morning, sir. Monfriez is over there. I’ll get him for you.
谢谢
Thank you.
你在干什么 士兵?你的同伴呢?
What the fuck are you doing, soldier? Where are your men?
那儿 长官 啊?那是什么?
There, sir. Yeah? What do you call that?
你看到那个人吗?
You see that man?
你和他是兄弟 他依靠你 你依靠他
You and he are brothers. He depends on you. You depend on him.
你不能丢下任何人
You never leave a man behind.
是 教官!现在走吧
Yes, Drill Sergeant! Now get the fuck out of here.
你去过巴拿马?
You were in Panama?
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
你去过吗 长官?
Were you there, sir?
是的 我去过
Yes, I was.
你也参加过沙漠风暴?
And you were also in Desert Storm?
是的 长官
Roger that, sir.
你怎么成为华登上尉机组的组员的?
How’d you come to be on Captain Walden’s chopper?
我经常去救援直升机那儿
I used to hang around the medevac unit.
想做个医生?
Wanted to be a medic?
想碰上个护士是个理由 长官?
Wanted to hump a nurse once. That count, sir?
你看 我喜欢玩牌
See, I play poker.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!