在日常生活中 甚至在战斗中
In daily life, even as in battle,
谁都不可思议的 无可避免的依赖于战友
each one of us is mysteriously and irrevocably bound to our fellow man.
而且…
And yet,
只有在生死考验中 这种团结的力量
it is only in death that the power of this bond
才会被检验和证明
is finally tested and proven.
我们当中有谁真正知道
And who among us really knows
在那个考验到来时 他会怎么做呢?
how he might respond when that moment comes?
我想我们一直在等着你
I guess we’ve been expecting you.
首先 让我…
Ahem. First of all, let me, um…
让我说…
Let me just say that, uh,
Tom和我 愿意为对方做…
there was nothing that, uh,…
任何事
Tom and I wouldn’t do for each other.
任何事
Nothing.
他是个好战士
He was a good soldier.
他和我象兄弟一样
He was like a brother to me.
那天夜里 2月25…
That night, uh, 25 February…
有敌人的坦克在我们的队伍里
there were enemy tanks in our lines.
我们认为…
We thought…
我…我认为…
I… I thought that, uh,
Tom的坦克是一辆敌人的坦克
Tom’s tank was an enemy tank.
然后…
And, uh,…
我下命令开火
I gave the order to fire.
上帝救我
God help me.
我…
I, um…
是的 我杀了他
Yeah, I killed him.
在葬礼上…
As for the funeral,…
军队说了谎…
the lies the Army told…
我说了谎…
and the lies that I told…
我只能…
to you, I can only…
求你原谅
beg for your forgiveness.
至于…
As far as the…
至于那天夜里…
As far as that night, um,…
我想 我没办法…
I guess there’s no way that, uh,
…开口求你们原谅
I can even begin to ask you to forgive me.
我知道…
I know that,…
但这个包袱 有一天 你必须放下
but it’s a burden you’re going to have to put down sometime.
谢谢 先生
Thank you, sir.
总统先生
Mr President.
亲爱的爸爸妈妈
Dear Mom and Dad,
就是它 大推进
well, this is it the big push.
真的要上前线了
Looks like it’s gonna really happen.
我害怕的
And I’m afraid,
不是受伤或牺牲
not of being hurt or killed,
有一点儿 但是不多
well, kind of, but not much.
我唯一的遗憾是 再也见不到你们
My only regret will be to never see you two again
再也见不到Anne Marie长大了
and that I’ll never see Anne Marie grow up.
但我知道 她会有最好的照顾 最好的
But I know she’s in good hands, the best.
我真正害怕的是 我会让我的下属失望
What I’m really afraid of is that I might let my people down, my crew.
他们依赖我 他们把生命交给我
These people depend on me. They put their lives in my hands.
我不能让他们失望
I just can’t fail ’em.
现在 我知道如果你们收到这封信
Now, I know if you get this letter
那意味着我已经牺牲了
it means I’m dead.
我唯一的希望是 我能让你们骄傲
I only hope that I’ve made you proud,
我能尽我的职责
that I did my job,
我没有让我的国家
and I didn’t let down my country,
我的组员 我的士兵失望
my crew, my fellow soldiers.
我爱你们
I love you guys.
永远也别停止 告诉Anne Marie 我有多爱她
Never stop telling Anne Marie how much I love her.
你们的女儿 凯伦
Your daughter, Karen.
你拿到了?好
You got it? All right.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!