我说过不说出来的
I promised not to say.
好的 现在事实很明显了
Well, that clears things up immensely.
你保证过你不说
You promised you wouldn’t say.
这样的话 我们只有按照你说的
In that case, we’ll just have to take your word for it
你偷了
when you say that the money you stole
比尔的积蓄
that Bill Houston’s savings
然后神秘消失
also disappeared so mysteriously
而且在同一天
that same day.
只是有一点 啊…
Just, uh…
你从哪拿来的钱
Just where did you get your money?
听着…
Well…
我一直在存钱
I’d been saving up.
我想你可以这么说
Well, I suppose you could call it that.
这些存款干什么用
What were these savings to be used for?
你从未为你孩子买♥♥
You never bought your son
一份生日礼物
so much as a single birthday present,
我们听说是这样的
as we’ve heard.
对吗
Yes?
是给我 我父亲
My… my father,
在捷克斯洛伐克
In Czechoslovakia.
你父亲
Your father?
我们想知道的是…
And what, pray tell…
他叫什么
is his name?
我 我父亲叫…
My… my father is…
奥尔德里奇·诺维
Oldrich Novy.
那又怎样…
So…
你想让我们相信…
We’re meant to believe…
你杀了比尔
that you killed Bill Houston
身上34处伤口
by inflicting 34 wounds on him
只是因为…
because…
他让你做的
He asked you to.
只是想让我们相信
Just as we’re meant to believe
当你做这些事的时候你看不到…
that you were blind when you did it…
还想让我们相信你从比尔那里偷来的钱
Are meant to believe that it was your own savings
都是你的积蓄…
that you stole from him…
然后想说服我们
Just as we’re meant to believe
你把你所有的积蓄
that you sent all you had
都给了你父亲
to your father back home,
一个叫诺维的人
a man by the name of Oldrich Novy,
是这样的吗
Is that right?
是的
Yes.
谢谢你
Thank you, Miss Jezkova.
陪审团的女士先生们
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury,
你们听到被告自己说了
you’ve now heard from the defendant’s own lips.
你们一定要相信她
You must believe her,
你们只需要相信她
just as you must believe her
她说她父亲
when she claims her father’s name
叫诺维
is Oldrich Novy.
法官大人…
Your Honor…
此刻 请传
at this time, the state calls
证人…
to the witness stand…
奥尔德里奇·诺维
Oldrich Novy.
请说出你的全名
Please state your full name.
我叫奥尔德里奇·诺维
The name is Oldrich Novy,
你曾经住在捷克斯洛伐克
And you used to live in Czechoslovakia?
是的
That is right.
我现在住在加利福尼亚 这点你们应该知道
I live now in California, as you know.
是的 我们就是在那找到你的
That’s right, that’s where we found you.
你和被告到底什么关系
What exactly is your relationship
什么关系
with the defendant?
我不认识她
I do not know her.
你不认识她
You don’t know her?
那么…
So…
你没收到她
You have not received money
给你的钱
from her.
就是那笔…
Money that… that…
她说她辛苦赚来的
she says was so dearly earned?
没有 我没收到过
No, I have not.
也许你不是她父亲
Perhaps you’re not her father then?
不 我不是
No, I am not.
如果这层关系
Well, if this relationship
是被告编造的话
was made up by the defendant,
那么…
then…
你认为
can you think of any way
她是怎么知道你名字的
she might’ve come to know your name?
我曾经在捷克很有名
I was once well known in Czechoslovakia
啊…因为我的职业
uh… because of my profession.
诺维先生你的职业是什么
Yes, Mr, Oldrich Novy, what is your profession?
也许我们能找出点线索
Maybe that can give us a clue to why,
为什么…这个浪漫的
why this somewhat… romantic,
社♥会♥主♥义♥思想的女人
certainly communistic, woman
崇拜佛列德艾斯塔而不是她自己的国家
who worships Fred Astaire but not his country,
为什么她撒谎…
why she might’ve lied…
而且滥用你的名字…
and misused your name…
让我们相信钱已经不在她这里了
to make us think all her money was spent
而在她可怜的父亲那里
on a poor father and not on her own vanity.
那是你所做的吗
What is it that you do?
我是个演员 我演电影
I was an actor, I made films,
都是些歌♥舞剧
They were musicals.
再说一次
Say it again!
全体起立
Will the court please rise?
有请尊敬的A·D·曼托尔法官
The honorable Judge A,D, Mantle presiding.
陪审团有裁决了吗
Have you reached a verdict?
有了 法官大人
Yes, Your Honor.
被告请站起来
Will the defendant please rise?
我们陪审团一致认为被告
We, the jury, find the defendant
塞尔玛
Selma Jezkova
1级谋杀罪名成立
guilty of murder in the first degree
处以死刑
and hereby sentence her to death.
这是陪审团的裁决吗
Is this the verdict of this jury?
你们是一致通过的吗
You fully understand that it must be unanimous?
是的 法官大人
We do, Your Honor.
塞尔玛…
Selma Jezkova…
你被判
You are hereby sentenced
监禁
to be taken from this place
在感化院
and confined in the state penitentiary
直到你被执行死刑
until such time as you shall be executed
被吊死
by being hanged by the neck
直至死亡
until you are dead.
退庭
This court is adjourned.
全体起立
All rise!
我刚刚听说…
I’ve just heard about the…
最高法♥院♥判你死刑
Supreme Court decision.
是啊 我…
Yeah, I…
我想找些有经验的人谈谈
I just want to talk practical stuff
吉恩生日的时候…
on Gene’s birthday…
他会接到一封信
he will receive a letter.
凯西这很重要…
And it’s so important, Kathy…
让他仔细的读
that he reads it really carefully.
你帮我盯着点…
I need you to take care of that for me…
因为我去不了了
because I’m not gonna be there
当他收到那封信的时候
when he gets it.
他不该害怕
He should not be afraid,
因为凯西那没什么可怕的
because there’s nothing to be afraid of, Kathy.
听着 吉恩很想见你
Listen, Gene wants to see you so badly.
你不想见他吗 求你了
Won’t you let him? Please?
看不看都没什么意义了
There’s nothing for him to see.
他现在有你了 凯西
He’s got you now, Kathy.
还有一件事
And there’s one more thing.
他应该叫他自己诺维
He has to call himself Novy.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
前一篇文章喜剧之王
下一篇文章鬼马小精灵
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!