寄给爷爷
to Grandpa.
-来看看 -我不会给你买♥♥
– Come have a look. – I’m not gonna get you
贵重的东西
expensive things.
你妈妈一定是在开玩笑
Your mother is only teasing.
看 她给你带来了什么
Look what she’s brought for you!
是辆自行车
It’s a bike!
我们不能收
We cannot accept that,
塞尔玛 这是二手货
Selma, it was second-hand.
我不会给他任何贵重的东西
I can’t give him any expensive things.
-是 但是…-甚至在他生日的时候
– Yeah, but… – I can’t even give it
我也不会给他买♥♥
for his birthday.
-是 没错 但是…-他只要收下就好了
– Yeah, but, well… – He’s just gonna accept that.
我不是那种妈妈
I’m not that sort of mom.
我…我…
I’m… I’m…
我不是那种妈妈 吉恩 我…
I’m just not that kind of mother, Gene, I…
你就不能
Can’t you be
当一回那种妈妈吗
that kind of a mother?
这其实不是滑板车
It’s not exactly a scooter.
嗯 看看
Hmm… We’ll see.
看看
We’ll see.
小心
Careful!
别骑得太快
Don’t ride too fast.
嘿 吉恩 骑过来
Hey, gene, bring it over here.
他看起来很高兴 不是吗
He looks very happy, doesn’t he?
他看起来真高兴
He does look happy.
他又来了
Here he comes again.
注意
Attention!
骑过来
Bring it over here.
妈咪…
Mom…
好吧
Okay.
听见她说什么了吗
Did you hear what she said?
-她说好 -是啊
– She say okay? – Yeah!
你说了可以吗
Did you say okay?
是啊
Yeah.
答应我一定去上学
Promise to go to school.
好 好
Yes, yes.
每天 准时
Every day, On time.
我不知道你的自行车 骑得那么好
I didn’t know you were such a good biker.
铁锈和女人是一样的
Rust and women are the same.
“铁锈和女人是一样的”
“Rust and women are the same”?
是一样的
They are the same.
什么啊
What is it?
你乐昏了头了
Your fat Yeah, is that?
开玩笑的…
Some joke…
我也不知道是什么意思
I don’t know what it meant.
看看 哦 不…
Look at that, Oh, ho…
你真好 看看我
You’re so kind, Look at me.
你知道的 他搞定所有的事情
He did all the work, you know that.
他真的很好
He’s really good.
谢谢 杰夫
Thank you, Jeff!
不客气
You’re welcome.
请进
Come in.
有什么事吗 比尔
Something up, Bill?
不 没有 我只是睡不着 就这样
No, no, I just couldn’t sleep, that’s all.
我没有钱了
I have no money.
我继承的所有钱…
All the money that I inherited is…
都没了
It’s gone.
琳达…
And Linda…
琳达…
Linda…
她不停的花啊花
She spends and spends.
我的工资总是 不够用
And my salary’s nowhere near enough.
我不能对她说”不”
I can’t say no to her.
银行就要收回房♥子了…
The bank’s gonna repossess the house…
因为我实在付不清贷款了
because I’m so far behind on the payments.
我会失去琳达
And I’m gonna lose Linda.
我知道的
I know it.
我很清楚
I know I am.
她爱你 比尔
She loves you, Bill.
哦 别哭了
Oh, don’t cry.
我不该告诉你这些
I shouldn’t have told you.
没关系
Don’t worry.
-本不该告诉你的 -没关系的
– Shouldn’t have told you. – It’s okay.
别担心了
Don’t worry.
不 我想你已经受够了这些
No, I think you’ve got enough… stuff.
如果我告诉你一个秘密
Would it make you feel better
你是不是会好过一些
if I told you a secret?
你会告诉我什么秘密
What secret could you tell me?
我就要瞎了
I’m going blind.
还没 但是…
Not yet, but…
也快了
Soon.
也许就在今年的某个时候
Maybe sometime this year.
瞎掉…
Blind…
其实这不像听起来的 那么糟糕
It’s not as bad as it sounds.
这是 呃…
It’s, uh…
这是私事
It’s a family thing.
但是 变瞎
But, blind?
我一直很清楚
I’ve always known it.
从…我还是个 小女孩起
From… when I was a little girl.
我知道的
I knew.
你还好吧
And you’re okay?
我来到美国
Well, I came to America
因为在美国
because in America,
吉恩有可能得到治疗
they can give Gene an operation,
你知道吗
You know?
吉恩
Gene?
他不知道这件事
He doesn’t know about it.
你…你不许告诉他
You… you mustn’t tell him,
否则事情会变糟的
because then it could get worse.
我只需要攒够钱
I just have to save up money, you know.
足够的钱去…
enough money to…
哦 我差不多就快有了
Oh, I almost got it.
去 呃…
To, uh…
给他做个手术
For the operation.
他们会在吉恩13岁生日那一天 给他做手术
They can operate on Gene when he turns 13.
所以你就编个你父亲的故事来隐瞒真♥相♥
And you made up that story about your father?

Huh.
我从来没有爸爸
I never had a father.
他的名字也是我编的
I made up his name, too.
这就是你花这么多时间
And that’s why you put in all these hours
做这些针线活 做你所能做的 所有的原因
and do all these pins and do everything you do.
为了他
For him.
为了他的手术
For his operation.
我猜…
Well, it is my fault.
这都是我的错
I guess…
为什么是你的错
How is it your fault?
因为我…我知道他会…
Because I… I knew he would…
他会和我一样得这种眼病
he would have bad eyes like me.
但我还是
But I had him…
生下了他
all the same.
你很坚强
You’re very strong.
我不坚强
I’m not strong.
事情变得很困难的时候
I’ve got little games I play
我就会玩些小把戏
when it goes really hard.
我在工厂里工作的时候
When I’m working in the factory…
那些机器会…
and the machines, they make these…
发出节奏…
rhythms…
我就开始想象
And I just start dreaming
它们全变成了音乐
and it all becomes music.
但是你喜欢电影 不是吗
But you like movies, don’t you?
-我喜欢电影 -是吗
– I love the movies, – Yeah?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!