雷霆壮志/霹雳男儿
欢迎莅临参观 代托纳500大赛
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Daytona 500,
超级碗机车大赛
the Super Bowl of motor racing events.
正步向起点的是两届
Walking onto the grid is the two-time
卫冕冠军罗迪·伯恩斯
Daytona 500 and defending champion Rowdy Burns.
他的劲敌是宾夕凡尼亚州车手 奥尔多·本尼戴迪
And perennial contender from Reading, Pennsylvania, Aldo Bennedetti.
各位选手,请开动引擎
Gentlemen, start your engines.
四十三号♥是理查德·佩蒂…
Big turn back for number 43, Richard Petty.
理查德·佩蒂遇上意外
Petty spins to the inside of the track.
转向赛道内侧
A tough break for Richard Petty.
理查德·佩蒂中途退出大赛
Richard Petty is out of the Daytona 500.
著名领队哈利·霍格
Speaking of people who are out of the race,
没参加这届赛事
perhaps it’s time to remember the legendary crew chief, Harry Hogge,
他的爱将巴蒂·布雷瑟顿在去年比赛…
whose great driver, Buddy Bretherton, died here last year in a fiery crash,
连人带车冲向墙边,车毁人亡
hitting the wall at over 195 miles an hour.
哈利,你在这里享受人生
So you’re enjoying the good life, Harry?
对啊
Yeah.
我不讨厌施肥
I never minded spreading a little fertilizer around now and then.
有些工作比施肥更讨厌
There’s worse things.
这部机车怎样? 不错
How’s the truck running? – Runs good.
帮我装嵌一部车
I want you to build me a car.
蒂姆 汽车商人
Now, Tim, everybody knows some downtown car dealer
花不起钱派队参赛
can’t afford a race team.
没有车手会跟你签约
No driver worth a damn is gonna sign with you.
如果车撞毁了 你没钱装嵌新车
‘Cause they wreck one car, you can’t afford to build them another
车手就要退出赛事
and they’re out of the deal, you know.
没有车手
And no car’s gonna win without a driver.
又怎能胜出
Not even mine.
你装嵌赛车,我会找车手
If you built the car, I’d get a damn driver.
赛季开始了 还会有什么车手?
What kind of driver are you going to find after the season’s started?
剩下来的都是车场败将
Some old boy who’s washed up and wasn’t worth a shit to begin with.
你可以训练他
You can work with him.
训练车手就和装嵌赛车一样
You can build a driver like you build a car, Harry.
蒂姆,看看那头猎狗
Tim, take a look at that hound.
那是最出色的猎狗
That’s the best coon dog I’ve ever seen or heard about.
我可从没有训练它 我找到车手了
And I didn’t teach him a damn thing. – Well, I got somebody.
谁? 你去看看他
Who? – Take a look at him.
若是好手早已经冒出头来
Anybody I gotta take a look at, ain’t somebody.
那就看看这无名之辈吧
Then take a look at nobody.
我已经放弃赛车了,你知道的
Look, Tim, I gave up racing. You gotta know that. All right?
你没有放弃赛车
You didn’t give up racing, Harry.
你不想他们调查巴蒂·布雷瑟顿的死因
You quit to avoid an investigation into Buddy’s crash at Daytona.
我没有逃避调查
Hey, I didn’t avoid any goddamn investigation.
我跟赛车会谈过
Anyway, I talked to NASCAR
如果你复出 他们不会调查旧事
and if you come back in there won’t be any investigation.
你怎样说服他们?
How the hell did you sell them on that deal?
我是一流的推销员
I’m a hell of a salesman.
那才是真正的赛车手
Now, that’s a racecar driver.
你的车手什么时候来?
When’s your driver due?
哈利说你的选手 在印第安纳比赛
Harry tells me your guy runs those Indy type deals.
他参加短程赛
Yeah. Sprints, mainly.
赢了很多奖项
Two World of Outlaw championships, three all-star wins,
曾经连赢七次大赛 现在是赛车会会员
seven straight feature wins and he’s been driving ASA.
嘿!
Hey.
做了不少统计
Got yourself a real statistician there.
他懂得发掘车手?
Does he know anything about drivers?
等着看好了
We’ll see.
你那车手来自什么地方?
Harry, where’d you say your driver’s from?
鹰石镇
Eagle Rock.
接近威斯波尔市?
It’s up around Wilkesboro, isn’t it?
不,接近格伦代尔市,加州
No. Glendale, California.
他是北方佬?
He’s a Yankee?
加州人不算是北方佬
Not exactly. If you’re from California, you’re not a Yankee.
他们不伦不类
You’re not really anything.
说得对
You said it.
避震器很好
The shocks are right, we’re dialed in, buddy.
不必改动
Don’t change a thing.
终于不再耕田
Hey, you ain’t buried in horse manure after all.
你气色不错 你状态很好
Looking pretty good. – You’re the one who’s looking good.
我花了不少工夫
It hadn’t been easy, Harry, I’ll guaran-damn-tee you,
现在它是最棒的
but this bitch is ready to run.
罗迪, 谢谢你
I can’t tell you how much we all appreciate
借出这部车
you letting us use the car, Rowdy.
我跟你说过的
I told you about this, Rowdy.
哈利的新手
Harry’s got some new driver
要借用它跑两个圈
and he needs a car just to turn a couple of laps.
哈利·霍格亲自请我们帮忙
I told you it was Harry Hogge who’d asked us personally, as a favor.
这新手是谁?
Who is this driver?
蒂姆说你一直参加短程赛
Tim tells me you’ve been running open-wheels.

That’s right.
现在想参加长程比赛
And now you just want to up and drive NASCAR?

That’s right.
你对这些比赛有什么认识?
What do you know about stock car racing?
我在电视上看过
Well, I’ve watched it on television, of course.
在电视上看过?
You’ve seen it on television?
体育台报导详尽
ESPN, the coverage is excellent.
我获益良多
You’d be surprised at how much you can pick up.
我相信你
I’m sure I would.
你还是别开这部车
Look, this may not be the best time for you to run this car.
有什么问题?
Was there some problem?
没有
No, sir. You all go right ahead.
开车吧,如果你弄坏我的车
But you bend this bitch the least little bit,
我会阉了你
I’m gonna tear your balls off.
请你替我… 拿着它
Okay. Would you mind very much holding on to this?
你听见了?
Didn’t he hear what that man said?
慢着,我们要谈谈
Hold on a minute. Don’t you think we ought to talk?
你想教我开车?好
What? About how I’m gonna run? Sure.
你竟然会活到今天
About how you’ve managed to live as long as you have.
你不能开这部车
Look, I ain’t gonna let you race this car.
你怎么了? 他改变主意
What’s going on? – He’s had second thoughts.
你答应我来看他 -已经看了
You said you’d look at him. – I’ve looked at him.
我花了二千五百元租跑道
I paid $2,500 to use this track today, Harry.
他想找名牌赞助商、名牌车手
Forget it. He needs a brand name like Exxon or Richard Petty.
谁是好车手我看得出来
Well, I know a damn race driver when I see one.
怎么了?就此告吹?
What’s going on, Harry? Is this happening or what?
请帮帮忙
Do us all a favor, Harry.
让我开车,我不会令你失望
Let me drive. I won’t make a fool out of you.
隧♥道♥弯很危险
That tunnel turn’s real tricky.
无论冷或暖,那里滑得要命
Now, whether it’s hot or cold, it gets as slick as a butt.
稍一不慎
Then you’ll slip and slide
就会撞向墙边
and slam yourself into the wall before you know it.
你要慢慢来
So just take it easy.
我要踩尽油门 不要
I’m dropping the hammer. – No, you’re not.
比罗迪还要快
It’s under Rowdy’s time.
还可以更快
Well, it might have been better if he cracked up the car.
很快 是吗?
That was fast. – Yeah?
三十一秒
Thirty-one flat.
足以在上次赛事取胜
That’s good enough to take the pole in the last race here.
真是难以置信
Hell, I thought this was gonna be a joke.
你从来没开过这类车? 我开过短程车
You never drove a stock car before? – No, sprints mainly.
你叫什么名字? 白贝克,你呢?
What’s your name? – Buck Bretherton. What’s yours?
我叫科尔·特里科勒,幸会
Cole Trickle. It’s damn nice to meet you, Buck.
幸会,科尔
Damn nice to meet you, too, Cole.
你很幸运,拐隧♥道♥弯的时候
You were one lucky son of a bitch in that tunnel turn.
只差一点就会失控出事
That car was way out of shape.
靠运气?我可以再来一次
Well, if you think it was luck, let’s do it again.
跑得很好 谢谢
You run good. – Thank you.
比赛时你能否从车群中冲出来
Now, go get your own car and we’ll see how you do in a crowd.
怎么不继续参加短程赛?
So, how come you don’t stick to open wheels?
我被取消资格
I lost my ride.
赢了那么多赛事 你被解雇?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!