在独♥裁♥政♥权♥倒台之后,
南美洲的一个国家…
在下午接近傍晚的时候
All the monkeys were back in their cages…
所有的猴子也回到了自己的笼子
in time for the matinee.
马戏团将继续在我市演出两个星期
The circus will be in town two more weeks.
早上上班高峰期的一场大雾
Thanks to early morning rush hour fog
使23辆汽车4辆卡车和1辆自行车
twenty-three cars, four trucks, and one bike…
在一个转弯处撞在了一起
were in a massive fender bender.
幸运的是, 没有人在这次事件中受重伤
Luckily, no serious injuries.
高速公♥司♥交♥警♥称 交通很快恢复了正常
Highway patrol reports traffic moving briskly.
现在是晚上7点钟, 接下来是今天的新闻回顾
It’s seven o’clock. Here’s a recap of today’s top stories.
在上任的第二天
On his second day in office…
罗米洛总统履行了他竞选中的承诺
President Romero fulfilled a campaign promise today.
他称将组建一个委员会
He announced the formation…
来调查侵犯人♥权♥的案件
of a commission on human rights violations.
该委员会将调查在1975年到1980年之间
The commission will investigate acts of torture and murder…
在军事统治期间
that took place between 1975 and 1980…
所有非法拷打和暗♥杀♥
under the military junta.
关于谁会被任命为该委员会
Rumors swept the capital about who will be named…
的主席的谣言已经愈演愈烈
to chair the controversial and powerful committee.
人♥权♥运动积极分子格拉多.阿斯巴律师
Attorney Gerardo Escobar, civil rights activist…
就是司法部部长名单上的候选人之一
and on the short list for Minister of Justice
他在今天下午与总统进行了一个小时的会见
met with the president for an hour this afternoon.
总统办公室拒绝对此事作出任何评论
…president’s office has refused to comment.
有消息透露
Informed sources said…
阿斯巴已经接受了总统对他的任命
Mr. Escobar has accepted the committee chairmanship.
另有消息透露总统罗米洛任命了…
In other news, as expected, President Romero appoint…
你确定不进来吗?
Quite sure you won’t come in?
不了, 谢谢, 我要回家去, 洗个热水澡
No, thanks. Home and a hot bath.
我也是, 真抱歉打扰你
Me, too. Sorry for the trouble.
没事, 那下次有空就来坐坐吧
No problem. – Then why not drop in someday?
谢谢, 再见
Thanks again and good-bye.
真是抱歉, 我还没有介绍过我自己呢
You know it’s crazy… I never introduced myself.
我是格拉多.阿斯巴
Gerardo Escobar.
我是罗布多.米兰塔医生
Dr. Roberto Miranda.
很高兴认识你, 如果下次你路过的话
Nice to meet you. If you’re ever passing…
你是阿斯巴律师吗? – 对
Escobar the lawyer? – That’s right.
没事, 是我!
It’s OK. It’s me!
又停电了 – 妈的
Power’s out. Again. – Shit.
你不是出车祸了吧?
Did you have an accident?
我的车胎爆了你相信吗?
A flat in this. Can you believe it?
真倒霉
What a nightmare.
你要毛巾吗?
You want a towel?
哦, 天哪
Oh, God.
那是谁?
Who was that?
他是停下车来帮助我的人
It was the guy who stopped to help me.
实际上是我硬挡在路中间 把他拦下来的
I practically threw myself in front of his car.
他别无选择
He didn’t have a lot of choice.
你做的饭真香 对不起
You made a lovely dinner. I’m sorry.
我原计划准时过来的 对不起, 对不起
I was going to be here on time. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.
这不是你的错, 用不着道歉
Not your fault. Stop apologizing.
我只做了鸡
It’s only chicken.
你怎么弄湿了?
Why are you wet?
我在寻找你
I was looking for you…
我安静地等待我的船长从海上回来
patiently awaiting my captain’s return from the sea.
在过了灯塔一英里我的车胎就爆了
It blew out about a mile past the lighthouse.
前不着村后不着店的
Right in the middle of nowhere.
别发火
Be a good girl.
会开得怎么样?
How’d the meeting go?
我总是忘记海边那条路很烂的
I always forget how deserted that shore road is.
说实话, 如果不是那家伙的话
Seriously, if that guy hadn’t come along…
我就要一直呆在那里了
I’d still be stuck.
他也是住在附近吗? -嗯, 在盐湖那边
He has a house here? – Yeah, on Salt Pond.
他真是个好人
Really was very good of him.
他特意绕道送我回来
He went way out of his way to take me home.
我这件西服算是毁了
This suit is completely ruined.
真倒霉
What a nightmare.
电♥话♥也没有信♥号♥♥了.
The phones are out, too.
妈的 我还要叫一辆拖车呢
Shit. I have to call a tow truck.
我们现在没有车了
We have no car.
他把我送到一个加油站, 但已经关门了
He drove me to a gas station, but it was closed.
我不想在那里呆着
I don’t want to leave it out there.
在那里什么事都可能发生.
Anything could happen.
谢谢
Thanks.
你不吃吗?
You’re not having any?
我吃过了
I ate.
我很饿, 对不起
I was hungry. I’m sorry.
现在是你在道歉了
Now you’re apologizing…
但是你不必为这些事道歉
but you’re apologizing for the wrong reasons.
当你的车胎爆了之后
When you get a flat tire…
大多数人实际上是所有的人
most people… actually all people…
都会去车箱里拿什么呢?
go to their trunk and get what?
好, 开始审问了 我最喜欢审问了
An interrogation… my favorite thing in life.
拿备用胎
A spare tire.
嗯, 备用胎
Uh-huh. A spare tire.
在倾盆大雨中 穿着西装从车里跳下来
In the pouring rain, wearing their best suit…
将爆胎取下
they jack up the car, remove the flat…
浑身搞得更脏 在一番辛劳后
getting dirtier until, after a grueling struggle…
终于把备用胎换上了
they finally put the spare on.
说得真好, 很引人入胜啊.
This is a brilliant narrative, full of surprises.
我从没有听说谁是穿着西装
I didn’t know that all people who change tires…
来换车胎的
wear their best suits.
只有像我这样假斯文的人会这样
Just the classy jerks, like me.
终于把备用胎换上 我们已经精疲力竭了
A complete physical wreck, I finally get the spare on…
却发现备用胎也是爆了的
only to watch it sag.
备用胎又爆了?
You had two blowouts?
不, 你没仔细听我说
No. You’re not listening to me.
备用胎是破胎, 你以前忘记修了
The spare was flat. You never fixed it.
你在装上它之前没有注意到那是破胎吗?
You didn’t notice it was flat until you’d put it on?
唉, 你真笨
Well, that was dumb.
哦, 你的结论就是我很笨?
So, your conclusion is I was dumb?
哦,不, 亲爱的, 我相信我们所有人
Oh, no, my love, I believe we all agree…
包括总统
including the president…
都认为你是一位很聪明的人
that you are a highly intelligent man…
但把破胎换上去就只有笨蛋才会做了
but it was dumb to put a flat spare on the car.
不要太难过 即使天才也有做蠢事的时候
Don’t feel bad. Even geniuses do dumb things.
他有没有要你做委员会的主席?
So, did he ask you to head the commission?
天, 这里真热, 不是吗?
God, it’s very hot in here, isn’t it?
恭喜你啊
Congratulations.
这是你事业的顶峰
It’s the peak of your career.
我希望这不是顶峰
Not the peak, I hope.
我是说这是你第一次的顶峰
I meant the first peak.
你将会从一个顶峰走向另一个顶峰, 我确信
You’ll go from peak to peak, I’m sure.
关于备用胎的事情我是认真的
I’m very serious about the spare.
这本应该是你把它修好的
You were supposed to take care of it.
当你拒绝总统时他有什么反映?
And how did he react when you turned him down?
但是局势很复杂
It’s a very complicated situation.
比我们想像的要复杂得很多
It’s much, much more complicated than we thought.
妈的, 那辆车该怎么办啊?
Shit. What am I going to do about the car?
管它呢. -好
Fuck the car. – Great.
你能不能告诉我, 你是怎么对总统说的?
Are you going to tell me what you said to the president?
你有没有说服他改变他的政策?
Did you change his mind about the rules?
我等会把全部都告诉你, 好吗?
Why don’t I tell you all about it later, OK?
我现在真的没有心情说这些
I really don’t want to discuss it now.
好的
Fine.
别!
Oh, come on!
好, 我跟你说吧 – 太晚了
OK. Let’s talk. – Too late.
我和总统之间还没有决定什么
Nothing’s been decided yet.
我跟总统说我要先和你商量一下
I told the president I had to discuss it with you.
你跟你的新总统说要得到我的允许?
You told our brand-new president you had to ask my permission?
当然
Of course.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!