我太太,是的,她回来过吗? – 她今天早上已经离开了啊?
My wife, yes. Has she come back here? – But she left this morning.
我刚才在大运河看到了她
I just saw her on the Grand Canal.
她回来过吗? – 她错过了班机?
Has she come back here? – She missed the plane?
不,我是问我太太是否回来过!
No, I’m just asking if my wife’s come back here!
没有,先生,我们已经关门了
No, Signore. We are closed.
莫米!
Momi!
你没有把告示牌挂上吗?
Haven’t you hung up the sign yet?
我们挂了告示牌,但他们无论如何还是要来
We hang up the sign, and they come anyway!
我的行李已经拿走了? – 是的
My luggage get away all right? – Yes.
你没有见过我太太? – 没有
You didn’t see my wife? – No.
是的
Yes.
这儿
Here.
是的
Yes.
他已经好了
He’s ready.
检查员在八十七号♥房♥间里
The inspector is in room 87.
八十七号♥房♥间? – 是的,我希望会有帮助
Room 87. – Yes. I hope that helps.
谢谢你 – 再见
Thank you. – Goodbye.
嗨!
Hello!
坐吧,巴克斯特先生
Sit down, Mr. Baxter.
这是你太太,这些是素描
This is your wife, and these are the sketches.
它们怎样? – 我想你会认出它们
How are they? – I guess you’d recognize them.
年龄的增长使女士们看上去越发相像,你没发现吗?
Age makes women grow to look more like each other. Don’t you find that?
男人的衰老让每一个男人显得更加不同
Old men decay and each becomes quite distinct.
女人之间似乎有相通之处?嗯?
Women seem to converge, eh?
我从来没考虑过这点 – 警局绘图家的本事是
I hadn’t thought about it. – The skill of the police artist
让鲜活的生命变得死气沉沉
is to make the living appear dead.
你不在“欧罗巴”旅馆住?
You no longer stay at the “Europa”?
不,那里冬天是要停业的
No, it closed for the winter.
告诉我最开始是发生了什么?
Tell me what happened from the beginning.
我的妻子遇到了两个女人…
My wife met these two women…
那是两天以前
a couple of days ago.
失明的那位声称看到了克里斯汀,我们去世的女儿
The blind one claimed to have seen Christine, our dead daughter.
她说克里斯汀很快乐
She said Christine was happy.
我的妻子崩溃了,当她清醒以后,她变了
My wife collapsed. When she came round she was changed.
她很开心,她向死亡妥协了
She was happy, she had come to terms with the death.
她…她是…
She… she was…
她太自我了,我们… – 你们有麻烦吗?
her whole self again. We… – Did you have a row?
麻烦?没有,嗯…
A row? No, well…
我只是想去保护她
I was only trying to protect her.
这也没有多少差别,因为她总是能见到那两个女人
It didn’t make any difference because she saw the women anyway.
当她回来的时候
And when she came back,
是昨天晚上,我们上♥床♥睡觉
last night, we went to bed.
有个电♥话♥从英国打来
There was a call from England.
我们的儿子去了英国的学校,他们告诉我们说他发生了意外
Our son goes to school in England. They told us he had an accident.
我妻子说她曾被警告过
My wife said that she had been warned.
她乘坐第一班飞机去了英国
She got on the first plane to England.
我看着她离开的,我还送她上了船,我看着她在八点半离开
I saw her go. I put her on the boat. I saw her leave at 8:30.
你打电♥话♥给飞机场了吗?
Have you called the airport?
是的,飞机已经满了,这就是我知道的
Yes. The plane was full, that’s all I know.
请继续 – 后来我看到了她在船上
Please go on. – Then I saw her.
Vaporett:威尼斯河交通汽艇
在十点半到十一之间这段时间,我是在公共汽艇上
Between 1 0:30 and 1 1:00 on a boat. I was on a Vaporetto.
她和那两个女人在威尼斯
She’s here in Venice with those two women.
什么?巴克斯特先生?
What is it, Mr. Baxter?
我不明白
I do not understand.
如果她在威尼斯,那她肯定会和你联♥系♥
If she’s in Venice, surely she will get in touch with you.
如果她能的话
If she can.
什么是你担心的呢?
What is it you fear?
在逃杀手,谋杀案…
A killer on the loose, the murderer…
我的妻子不是个健康的女人
My wife is not a well woman.
是的
Yes.
是的,当然
Yes, of course.
我想…
I would have thought…
应该还有更多 – 不,不,没有了
there must be more. – No, no. There is nothing more.
我妻子从那两个女人那里得到了些什么
My wife got something from these two women,
那是我和医生不能给她的,那是她需要的东西
something that neither doctors nor I could give her, something she needed,
所以她跟她们走了,在哪?
so she went with them. Where?
我不知道在哪,我昨天晚上
Where I don’t know. I was
在她们住的公♥寓♥,今天我
in the pensione last night, where they lived. Today l,
在我到这之前,我一直在找[她们的公♥寓♥],不过已经消失了
before I came here, I looked for it. It’s vanished.
所以现在她和她们在一起
So now she’s with them.
没有人会指责你的怀疑
Why should one criticize you for being worried?
谢谢你对我说了这些
Thank you for talking to me.
我很感谢 – 好的,我会在
I am grateful. – Okay, I’ll be at the
Palazzo:意大利语,宫殿
Vendori别♥墅♥
Palazzo Vendori.
我希望你能帮我,再试试
I want you to help me. Try again.
试试找到那个公♥寓♥
Try to find the pensione.
那会使我觉得我们以真正的方式得到你的配合
It will make me feel that we have your cooperation in a real way.
我不知道从哪开始
I don’t even know where to start.
从你最后一次见到她们的地方开始
Start from where you saw them the last time.
好吧
Okay.
祝你好运 – 谢谢你
Good luck. – Thank you.
你说在哪?
Where did you say?
圣尼科洛-代门迪科利教堂
圣尼古-代门迪科
San Nicoldei Mendicoli.
嗯,好的
Ah, yes.
接线员?萨比奥内?
Pronto? Sabbione?
从圣尼古拉斯教堂跟着巴克斯特先生
Follow Signor Baxter from San Nicola church.
嗨!
Hello!
有人在吗?嗨!
Is anyone here? Hello!
嗯,你好先生,你说英语吗? – 不
Ah, hello Signora. Do you speak English? – No.
两个老女人…姐妹俩…
Two old ladies… Sisters…
一个… – 尼娜…
One… – Nina!
你好,先生,两个…你说英语吗? – 不
Hello, Signora. Two… Do you speak English? – No.
两个老女人…
Two old ladies…
姐妹俩,一个…
Sisters. One…
怎么说呢?那么,嗯?
What’s that called? So. Yes?
嗯!过来 – 苏格兰女人
Ah! Come along. – Scottish women.
她们今天早上离开 – 有一个女人和她们一起
They left this morning. – A woman was with them.
是的,我太太
Yes. My wife.
跟过来
Come along.
可是,她们在哪? – 走了
But where are they? – Gone.
可是,在哪? – 她们今天离开了,你要这个房♥间吗?
But where? – They left today. Do you want this room?
我?不,谢谢你
Me? No, thank you.
在哪? – 我不知道,你?
Where? – I don’t know. You?

No.
不好意思打扰了,谢谢,巴克斯特先生
Excuse me. Thank you, Mr. Baxter.
你是谁? – 萨比奥内
Who are you? – Sabbione,
协助调查的人
Homicide.
她们不在这儿
They’re not here.
是的,非常不错!
Yes. Very nice!
是吗,先生? – 我期望… – 你叫什么名字?
Yes, Signor? – I’m expected. – Your name?
巴克斯特,约翰巴克斯特 – 巴克斯特先生!他在会见朋友
Baxter. John Baxter. – Mr. Baxter! He’s seeing people now.
我会告诉他你在这儿 – 谢谢
I’ll tell him that you are here. – Thank you.
阁下,巴克斯特先生在这儿
Your Excellency, Signor Baxter is here.
我们有疗效吗? – 是的,阁下
Do we have the medical results? – Yes, Excellency.
女士… – 他不在这儿 – 我已经打电♥话♥到英国了
Sister… – He won’t be long. – I’ve to make a call to England.
非常紧急,我可以用电♥话♥吗? – 你必须先填表格
It’s urgent. Could I use that phone? – You’ll have to complete this form.
我可以拨那吗? – 可以
Can I dial that here? – Yes.
接线员!接通英国,快
Pronto! To England, please.
巴戈女士?约翰巴克斯特
Mrs. Babbage? John Baxter.
嗨! – 嗨
Hello! – Hello.
我一直试着打电♥话♥给你
I’ve been trying to ring you,
但是线路一直有问题
but the wire’s down or something.
强尼已经全好了
Johnny’s absolutely fine!
像上天的恩赐一样,他今天早上醒来的时候头已经不疼了
Quite right as rain. He woke up this morning with no headache.
精神非常好,医生说
Fit as a fiddle! The doctor’s
让他起床,现在他在附近玩
let him get up, and he’s now playing around.
这不是什么脑震荡
And it wasn’t a concussion.
强尼记得所有的事情 – 这太不可思议了
Johnny can remember everthing. – That’s marvelous.
他们还要观察 – 是的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!