我便惊叹︰”噢”
I said, “Oh, my
我惊叹︰”噢 你是我的梦想”
“Oh, my, that’s my dream
“你是我的梦想”
“That’s my dream”
这个梦想令我一直坚强
I needed a dream to make me strong
你令我有勇气一路坚持
You were the only reason I had to go on
你就是我的梦想
You are my dream
你开启了我人生的想象
All the things I never knew
你就是我的梦想
You are my dream
谁会想到 这个梦想竟会实现
Who could believe they could ever come true?
谁会想到
And who would believe
全世界也把你视为梦想
the world would believe in my dreams, too?
我第一眼看你
When I first saw you
我便惊叹︰”噢”
I said, “Oh, my
“噢”
“Oh, my
“你是我的梦想”
“That’s my dream”
-蒂娜 我能够做什么令你快乐 -你知道的
-What would make you happy, Deena? -You know.
我们还有很多时间
We got plenty of time for that.
君特 拜托让我有你的孩子
Please, Curtis. Let me have your child.
-玛吉 看你的书 -都看完了
-Magic, read your book. -I’m done.
那就再看一次
Then read it again!
这星期你有没有找工作 韦小姐
Did you look for work this week, Miss White?
先生 你可以重复问我这条问题
Mister, you can keep asking me that question.
但答案都是一样的
But the answer’s always gonna be the same.
我能做的事是唱歌♥
The only thing I know how to do is sing.
自从那次 再没有任何人让我唱歌♥
And since there ain’t nobody letting me do that no more,
所以 我没有找工作
no, I did not look for a job.
你没有想过 找那女孩的爸爸帮忙
Have you considered asking the girl’s father for help?
玛吉没有爸爸
Magic don’t have a father.

Listen.
我知道你心中充满疑问
I know you have questions
正如我一样
Same ones as me
已经多久 还要多久
How long has it been? How long will it be?
晨曦几时来 黑夜何时退
When will come the morning to drive the night away?
光明的日子几时来
Tell me, when will come the morning of a brighter day?
耐心 姊妹们
Patience, little sister
耐心 兄弟们
Patience, little brother
耐心等待 耐心等待
Patience, patience, yeah
让我们手牵手
Take each other by the hand
耐心 姊妹们
Patience, little sisters
耐心 –
Patience…
-这是你哥哥送来的 -那送回去吧
-It’s from your brother. -Send it back.
-内里是钱 -那你用吧
-There’s cash in here. -You spend it.
艾菲韦特 你固执得很
Effie White, you are a mule.
来吧 宝贝 是时候睡了
Come on, baby, it’s time to go to bed.
就像你母亲一样固执
Just as stubborn as your mother.
回家吧 老头子
Go home, old man.
玛吉 来 宝贝
Magic, come on, baby.
还要攀过高山
And a mountain to climb
耐心 耐心
Patience, patience
还要一些日子
It’s gonna take some time
我们要和平地前行
We must walk in peace
-我们要和平地前行
We got to walk in peace
这是我们
It’s the only
惟一的路
Only way, yes
要能看到
If we want to see that morning, yeah
光明的日子
Of a brighter day
耐心
Patience
来吧
Come on!
姊妹们
Little sister
耐心
Patience
兄弟们
Little brother
耐心 耐心
Patience, patience, yeah
我们会有方法
I’m gonna find a way
很高兴见到你 艾菲
Nice to see you, Effie.
耐心
Patience
姊妹们
Little sister
耐心
Patience
兄弟们
Little brother
-泰迪 回来舞会里吧 -我在等蒂娜
-Teddy, get yourself back to the party. -I’m waiting for Deena.
好 很好的一首歌♥
It’s good. It’s real good.
我们想给你惊喜 君特
We wanted to surprise you, Curtis.
这是为什么我们先行录音
That’s why we went ahead and recorded it first.
这正是我现在需要的 君特
This is exactly what I need right now, Curtis.
也是你经常对我说的 创新
It’s what you’ve been always talking about to me, a new sound!
无论怎创新 说教意味仍太浓
Still, it’s a message song.
它唱出事实 外面的人们都有愤怒
It tells the truth. People are angry out there.
我也愤怒
I’m angry.
我哥哥身处越南 正在为那无意义的战争奋战
My brother’s over in Vietnam fighting in a pointless war,
我也对此生气
and I’m angry about it.
这就对了 君特
That’s right, Curtis.
音乐不是用来反映人们的感受吗
Isn’t music supposed to express what people are feeling?
音乐是用来卖♥♥钱的
Music is supposed to sell.
吉米 不用担心 我们会替你找些新元素
Look, don’t worry about it, Jimmy. We’ll find you some new material.
蒂娜 我想你见见出面那个人
Deena, I want you to meet this guy out here.
至于那件外套 你应该除下 它把你的形象弄糟了
And about the shirt, you should lose it. It’s messing up your image.
很对不起 吉米
I’m so sorry, Jimmy.
蒂娜
Deena.
甜心 你现在不需要再吸食那东西吧
Honey, you don’t need to be doing that stuff right now.
兄弟 不要吧 今天是圣诞节
Come on, brother. It’s Christmas.
吉米 宝贝
Jimmy? Baby?
我可不要留在这里 看你做这种事
I’m not staying around for this.
兄弟
Brother…
但是 假期怎么办
Yeah, but what about Holiday?
比尔从42到58岁 每个冬天也会驻场表演
I had Billie here every winter from ’42 to ’58.
嗓子美妙 小费糟透
Great voice. Bad tipper.
那么我告诉你 艾菲韦特是 此镇有史以来最好的歌♥手
Well, I tell you, Effie White is the best singer this town has seen since then.
她上次演出 乐团拆伙了
Yeah, but the last time she performed, the girl fell apart.
那是几年前的事了
That was years ago.
她有段时间失去信心 现在的她脱胎换骨
She just lost her confidence for a while. She’s different now.
麦斯 拜托 就念过去的交情
Max, please. For the old days?
马列 都过去了
They’re gone, Marty.
抱歉 马列 褓姆迟到了
Sorry, Marty, but the babysitter was late.
艾菲韦特 这位是麦斯·华盛顿
Effie White, this is Max Washington.
你好 麦斯 马列说你需要一位歌♥手
Hi, Max. Marty said you needed a singer.
我刚告诉麦斯 你很紧张这份工作
I was just telling Max that you’re serious about working.
他知道你所有的事
He knows all about you.
哦 是吗 你不知另一半的故事
You do, huh? Daddy, you don’t know the half.
有一天你聘请我的话 我们坐下来 然后我会告诉你
One night after you hire me, we’ll sit down and I’ll tell you
我怎样于两年内花掉50万美金
all about how I blew through half a million dollars in two years!
-来 来吧 -继续喝酒
-Hey, come on. -Drinking.
你不会想浪费麦斯太多时间的
You don’t want to take up too much of the mars time.
-卡尔知道所有的歌♥ -卡尔 柏纳在哪里
-Now, Carl knows all the songs. -Carl? Where’s Bernard?
他去了埃文斯顿工作
He has a job in Evanston.
但我不能和陌生人同台演出
But I can’t sing with someone I don’t know.
艾菲 你必须要
Effie. You got to.
马列 我没有时间
Marty, I don’t have the time.
麦斯 拜托 请给我数分钟
Max, please. Just give me a minute.
听着 艾菲 过去四个月 我在金钱上支持你
Now, you listen, Effie White. For four months, I’ve been your money.
介绍你到这寒冷市镇上的 每一间会所
I’ve taken you to every club in this freezing town,
现在我告诉你 这是终站
and I’m telling you that this is it.
是时候停止为自己找借口
It’s time that you stop making excuses so
你自认有才能
that you don’t have to prove anything.
那你就要去证明 就像我们所有人
You’re gonna have to start proving it, just like the rest of us.
我不知道 也许君特对你的评价是对的
I don’t know. Maybe Curtis was right about you.
“你享受所有好处 却不负任何责任”
You want all of the privileges but none of the responsibilities.
麦斯 无论如何 谢谢你 抱歉浪费你的时间
Hey, Max. Thanks anyway, man. Sorry for wasting your time.
你知道这首歌♥吗
Do you know the song?
我已经告诉你我不想见到她
I told you I didn’t want to see her.
是的 先生 你是
Well, you are, mister. You are.
细心看我
Look at me

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!