根据真实事件改编
马萨诸塞州波士顿 1976年
波士顿警局 第11区
怎么样了
How’s that going?
那个当妈的在痛哭流涕 舅舅很生气
The mother’s bawling and the uncle’s pissed off.
-她没结婚吗 -离了 带着四个孩子
– She’s not married? – Divorced with four kids.
我想神父是在”帮助”她
I guess Father was helping out.
帮助
Helping out?
博克先生 他们在后面跟主教说话
Hey, Mr. Burke, they’re in back talking to the bishop.
-神父呢 -我们安排到休息室去了
– And Father? – We put him in the break room.
有报社的来吗
Any press?
有个《公民报》的记者 被我们打发走了
Some guy from the Citizen, but we sent him away.
-没什么大报社来 -最好这样
– None of the big papers. – Let’s keep it that way.
-那是谁 -助理地检
– Who’s that? – Assistant DA.
想对报社隐瞒传讯恐怕很难吧
It’s gonna be hard to keep the papers away from the arraignment.
哪有什么传讯
What arraignment?
跟盖根神父说 我不会太久
You can tell Father Geoghan I won’t be much longer.
希拉 你知道
Now, Sheila, you know
教会对社区的积极作用
what good work the church does in the community.
我以个人名义向你保证
I give you my personal guarantee
我会把神父调离本堂区
that I’m going to take Father out of the parish
这样的事绝不会再发生了
and this will never happen again.
我们还需要一点儿时间 保罗
We’ll just be another moment, Paul.
好的 神父
Of course, Father.
希拉 这是我的私人联♥系♥方式
Now, Sheila, I’m going to give you my personal card.
聚焦
一个好记者的离开总是让人很难受
Losing a good reporter is always tough.
《波士顿环球报》办公室 2001年7月
但要失去最优秀的一员
But losing one of our best…
我尽量说得生动一些
uh, well, to put it as eloquently as I can,
简直难受得蛋疼
it’s a real kick in the ass.
不过罗比认识斯图尔特的时候
But Robby here has known Stewart
可能在场的很多人还没有出生
longer than most of you have been alive,
所以下面请他来说两句
so I’ll hand it off to him.
-罗比 -谢谢 本
– Robby. – Oh, well, thanks, Ben.
大概吧
I think.
虽然我不同意你把我说得这么老
Although I take issue with your reference to my seniority,
但我得承认斯图尔特的离开让我尤其难过
I will say that Stewart’s departure is especially painful for me.
因为 多久了 斯图尔特
Because for… what, Stewart?
有二十年了吧
Twenty years now?
斯图尔特在牌桌上向来把金钱看得很淡
Stewart’s been more than willing to part with his money at the poker table.
我孩子上大学正需要学费
And I’ve got a kid in college.
-我还会来玩儿牌的 -问题解决了
– Yeah, but I’m gonna keep playing. – Oh, problem solved.
祝你好运
Godspeed then.
不过 斯图尔特 我觉得
Now, Stewart, I find the timing
你离开的时机很让人不安
of your departure disconcerting.
角上大办公室空了出来
The corner office sits empty.
新主编周一就到
The new editor arrives on Monday.
抱歉 伙计 可我还是得问
So I’m sorry, buddy, but I gotta ask ya,
你到底都知道些什么
what the hell do you know?
蛋糕怎么样
How’s the cake?
很好吃
It’s really good.
-你要等会儿吃吗 -不是 给麦克拿的
– Are you saving yours? – Nah, it’s for Mike.
我不能吃这些东西 会让我抑郁
I can never eat at those things. They kind of depress me.
我懂
I know.
你看到华盛顿反馈的数据了吗
Did you see the numbers from Washington?
是的 很有趣
Yeah. Very interesting.
我也这么觉得
I think so too.
我不是在问警局有没有撒谎
I’m not asking if the PD’s lying.
我知道他们在撒谎
I know they’re lying.
我只想知道 是谁指使的
All I’m asking… who’s behind it?
好了 我明白了 你不想说
Uh-huh. Okay, I get it. You don’t want to talk.
不 丹 我没生气 只是很饿
No, Dan. I’m not mad, I’m hungry.
我跟你费了半天口舌 午饭也没吃
I’ve been talking so long I didn’t eat lunch.
我要去吃点儿东西
So I’m going to get something to eat.
然后给你一个小时来决定
That’ll give you an hour to decide
你好好想想是站在正确的一方
whether you want to be on the right side of this
还是跟其他人一样等着看报纸
or read about it like everybody else.
再见 丹
Bye, Dan.
你觉得卡希尔知道些什么吗
You think Cahill has something?
也许 我只是觉得这个报道不适合我们
Maybe. I just don’t think the story’s for us.
-本喜欢这题材 -是不差
– Ben likes it. – Yeah, it’s not bad.
不过不是《聚焦》的风格
It’s just not Spotlight.
什么不是《聚焦》的风格
What’s just not Spotlight?
警局犯罪数据问题
The PD numbers.
数据报道 感觉有点没料
The numbers story. It feels thin.
你说通卡希尔了吗
Oh. You got Cahill to talk?
没有 但我会的
No. But I will.
好的 这样就能看看是否真的没料
Good. Then we’ll know if it’s thin.
-楼上怎么样 -还不错
– How’d it go upstairs? – Okay.
-罗比的讲话很不错 -我想也是
– Robby gave a good speech. – I’m sure he did.
我听说鲁宾和康纳要去《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》了
I heard Lubin and Connor are going to the Times.
-拜托 真的吗 -是啊 我听说了
– Come on. Really? – Yeah, I hear that.
能人全被他们挖走了
They’re leeching us.
他们从迈阿密派来一个管事的 也许有帮助
They’re sending a guy from Miami to run things. That should help.
巴伦在波士顿哪怕待过一天吗
Has Baron even spent time in Boston?
我觉得他从来没来过这里
I don’t think he’s been here before.
没准该给他买♥♥张地图
We should buy him a map.
迈阿密的一个朋友说他裁了15%的员工
A friend down in Miami said he cut 15% of the staff.
-太棒了 -罗比 新老板是来裁员的吗
– Great. – Hey, Robby. New boss coming in to make some cuts?
我不知道
I have no idea.
-你不是要跟他见面吗 -是的
– Aren’t you sitting down with him? – Yes, I am.
跟《聚焦》有关吗
So is it about Spotlight?
我不知道 麦克
I don’t know, Mike.
但我知道的是
But I do know that
本希望犯罪数据报道能有个结果
Ben needs an answer on the crime numbers story.
我跟你说 我真觉得那报道不适合我们
I’m telling you, I really don’t think that story’s for us.
巴伦先生
Mr. Baron.
我是沃尔特·罗宾森 你可以叫我罗比
Walter Robinson. Robby.
-非常感谢你在周末抽空见我 -很荣幸
– Thanks for taking the time out of your weekend. – My pleasure.
-谢谢 -别客气
– Appreciate it. – Pleasure.
是一本有关棒球比赛的书
-在读什么 -《贝比鲁斯魔咒》- What are you reading? – Uh, Curse Of The Bambino.
很棒的一本书
Ah, yeah. It’s a great book.
《环球报》有芬威球场的季票
The Globe has season tickets at Fenway
你安顿下来后可以去看比赛
once you’re settled in, by the way.
谢谢 不过老实说 我不是个棒球迷
Thank you. To be honest, I’m… I’m not much of a baseball fan.
只是想多感受一下这座城市
I’m just trying to get a feel for the city.
这样啊
Oh. Yeah.
你是波士顿本地人吗
So you’re originally from Boston?
是的 土生土长的波士顿人
I am. Born and raised, yeah.
很多新闻编辑都是本地人
A lot of the newsroom is from here.
所以感觉就像 就像地方报纸一样
It really feels like a… like a local paper in that way.
卖♥♥给《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》以后就不像本地报纸了吗
And did that change at all after the paper was sold to the Times?
也没有 我觉得没什么太大的影响
No. No, I don’t think that had a big impact.
很好
Good.
你是《聚焦》小组的主编
And, uh, you’re an editor for the Spotlight team?
我倒更愿意把自己看成是个教练 不过也对
I’d prefer to think of myself as player coach, but yes.
你熟悉《聚焦》吗
Are you familiar with Spotlight?
不 不太熟
No, not particularly.
我们是由四个人组成的调查小组
Well, we are a four-person investigative team.
直接向本·布拉德利二世报告
We report to Ben Bradlee Jr.,
我们所做的调查也是保密的
and we keep our work confidential.
你们现在在调查什么
What are you working on now?
我们刚出了一篇资质不足的施工企业的文章
We just put out a piece on a shoddy construction outfit,
现在正为下一篇报道寻找素材
and right now we’re really just trolling around for our next story.
一般需要找多久
How long does that typically take?
很难说 几个月吧
Hard to say. Uh, a couple months.
-几个月 -是的
– Couple months? – Yeah.
我们不想急于求成
We don’t like to rush it.
一旦确定了内容
Once we settle on a project,
我们可能会花上一年或更长时间来调查
we can spend a year or more investigating it.
-有问题吗 -也不是
– Is that a concern? – Not necessarily.
但据我所知 读者人数在下降

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!