我几乎来了高♥潮♥。
I had a lot of neat stuff to tell Dad.
我又收集了很多猛料要告诉老爸。
He’d really made a big score with Von.
他真的在芳身上大获全胜。
But now i’ve got to stop for a minute…
但是现在,我必须暂停一分钟,
because no matter how we humans
like to think we control things…
因为不管人们如何以为他们能够
掌控世间万物,
that’s not how it works.
但有时事与愿违。
Suddenly, with no warning…
突然地,没有任何征兆,
Grandpa died.
爷爷去世了。
It was in his sleep, peaceful,
with no suffering…
他躺在那儿,平静安详,不再有痛苦,
but it made philosophers of us all.
而我们个个成了哲学家。
When your number is up,
your number is up.
如果你的日子尽了,
那么你的日子就到了。
That’s why it’s important that…
所以这点非常重要,
we cherish each moment of our lives.
我们必须珍惜每一刻,我们生命的每一刻。
And not smoke.
不要吸烟。
Smoke?
吸烟?
Pop smoked for 70 years, you know?
我是说他…爸爸吸了70年的烟,你知道?
He never exercised. He ate
cholesterol and fatty foods.
而且他从不运动,他什么都吃,
他吃高胆固醇的饱含脂肪的食物。
He died at a healthy, ripe old age.
而他活到高龄,健康自然而死。
I haven’t had steak for so long. I love steak.
我太久没吃到牛排了,我喜欢牛排。
That’s disgusting.
真讨厌。
I’d kill for some marbleised meat.
我要吃五花肉,馋死了。
Now they say 6 cups of coffee a day…
有人说一天喝六杯咖啡可以预防…
prevents colon cancer.
可以预防结肠癌。
Last week it was bad for you.
上星期你做得不好。
What’s it all about? I mean, what…?
这有什么意义?我是说,我们…
What are we doing? We’re rushing!
我们都在干什么?我们忙忙碌碌!
That’s right.
没错。
Where are we going?
我们要去向何方?
Into the void.
去向空虚。
– The void.
– That’s it.
没错,就是空虚,你知道。
– I never believed in God.
– Oh, come.
– 就这么回事。我从没信过上帝。
– 噢,得了。
No, I didn’t, even as a kid.
I remember I used to think…
真的,我没信过,甚至在我很小的时候。
我以前经常…经常想,我记得的,
‘Even if He exists, He’s
done such a terrible job…’
我以前想:“就算他真的存在,
他也干得太差劲了。”
‘It’s a wonder people don’t file
a class action suit against Him.’
“真奇怪人们怎么没有,你知道,
联合起来,共同起诉他。”
You shouldn’t say that.
你在说什么啊。
We’re not here just because
of the new physics.
我们聚集在这里,不是为了
来探讨什么“新物理学”的。
You must believe in something.
你总该信仰点什么吧。
The dignity of man.
人的尊严。
The flat tax, the right to bear
arms and school prayer.
我信仰单一税制、有权携带武器和在校祈祷。
If nobody’s out there, who’re they praying to?
如果上面空空如也,他们向谁祈祷?
Don’t start arguing in front of Grandpa now.
– 别吵了。
– 拜托!拜托别在爷爷面前争吵,行吗?
I can’t believe you.
我无法相信。
One moment. He wasn’t an atheist
or a Republican, or a Democrat.
等等,他不是无神论者,他不是
共和党人,他甚至不是民♥主♥党人。
He must’ve been something.
妈,他一定是什么吧。
He was a foot fetishist.
他是个恋足癖者。
The only group I remember he belonged to.
这是我记得的他唯一参加过的组织。
– That’s true.
– It drove your mother crazy.
– 没错。
– 你都快让你妈疯了。
Pop, is that you?
老爸,那是你吗?
I have one message for you.
我有话和你说。
You work and work for years and years…
你工作啊工作,一年又一年,
always on the go.
总是忙得团团转,
You never take a minute off…
却从不停歇片刻,
too busy making dough.
太忙于挣钱。
Someday, you say, you’ll have your fun…
有一天你说,在你成为大富翁之后,
when you’re a millionaire.
Imagine all the fun you’ll have…
你会享受生活。
设想一下当你坐在破摇椅上,
in your old rocking chair.
还会有什么乐趣?
Enjoy yourself…
享受生活,
it’s later than you think.
否则后悔晚矣。
Enjoy yourself…
享受生活,
while you’re still in the pink.
当你还年富力强。
The years go by…
岁月流逝,
as quickly as a wink.
似白驹过隙。
Enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself…
享受生活,享受生活,
it’s later than you think.
否则后悔晚矣。
Another birthday’s here and gone,
you’ve turned another page.
又一个生日来了又走,
你又翻过了一页。
Suddenly you realise…
忽然之间你意识到…
that you’ve reached middle age.
你已经人到中年。
Think of all the fun you’ve missed,
makes you kind of sad…
想想你错过的那些快乐
使你略感悲哀。
It’s better to have had your wish
than to have wished you had.
与其说“我希望我已经”,
不如说“我已经实现了我希望”。
Enjoy yourself…
享受生活,
it’s later than you think.
否则后悔晚矣。
Enjoy yourself…
享受生活,
while you’re still in the pink.
当你还年富力强。
The years go by…
岁月流逝,
as quickly as a wink.
似白驹过隙。
Enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself…
享受生活,享受生活,
it’s later than you think.
否则后悔晚矣。
That was…
这…太…
unbelievable.
不可思议了。
Just every…
你做的…
thing you did…
每一件事,
and all the…
你做的…
things you did.
所有的事,
Absolutely perfect.
都完美无缺。
Actually, it wasn’t perfect.
事实上并非完美无缺,我…
At one point I stroked when
I should have hick eyed…
在我应该发丘疹的时候,
我…我却中了风,
but you know, I apologise.
但是你知道,我要道歉。
I feel limp.
我感到…我感到软绵绵的。
You know, I’d really love you
to come to Paris with me.
你看,我真的非常希望
你能和我一起去巴黎,
I’m serious.
真心诚意。
Paris?
是吗?巴黎?
And then Bora-Bora?
然后去波拉-波拉?
Well, yes. Bora-Bora, but
Paris first and then…
噢,是的,波拉-波拉,
但…但是先去巴黎,然后…
we’d work our way down
to at least one of the Boras.
我们…我们想法子至少去…嗯…
两个“波拉”中的一个。
We can live in your garret.
我们可以住在你的阁楼房♥间。
Technically, when I say garret…
从技术性的角度来说,当我说“阁楼”时,
it is a garret, yet…
很有趣,它…它是指一间阁楼,然而……
And drink wine and eat snails
till the dawn comes up.
喝着葡萄酒,吃着蜗牛,直到晨曦微露。
Snails?
– 蜗牛?
– 对!
Remember? You said you also
loved waking up in the night…
不记得啦?你说过你也喜欢在半夜醒来,
drinking wine and eating snails.
坐在床上边吃蜗牛边喝葡萄酒。
I said it was such a coincidence.
是啊,我说怎么会这么巧啊。
Well, they’re molluscs.
嗯…它们是软体动物,
I love a good mollusc.
我…我喜欢上等的软体动物。
What? The wedding’s off?
你什么意思?婚礼没了?
Exactly. I gave back his ring.
就像我说的。我把戒指还给他了。
Why?
为什么?
There’s someone else I can’t get out of my mind.
因为有另外的人让我难以忘怀。
But you’re in love with Holden.
什么?但是你爱霍尔登。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!