but the idea of living with me seems…Not now, please, mother.
但她似乎不愿意和我们住一起 现在不谈这个啦
We help her keep the house in order. Don’t interrupt, George.
我们都有帮妈妈打理房♥间 别插嘴
Where did you get your manners? Sorry, Grandmother.
你的礼貌都到哪去了 对不起 外婆
Mr Barrie, I understand you’ve become playmates of my grandchildren.
贝瑞先生 就我所知 您跟我的孙子们成了玩伴
Oh, they indulge me, really. On the contrary.
是他们纵容我的任性 才不是那样呢
The other day we took to an exploration of darkest Africa in our garden.
前几天我们把花♥园♥给变成了黑暗古老的非洲
But Mr Barrie was taken ill by the bite of a…What was it?
贝瑞先生因为被咬而生病了…是什么东西来着
Tsetse fly. Quite horrible.
舌蝇! 可怕的东西!
Yes, and he swelled to the size of a hippopotamus.
对 而且他肿的像河马一样
Fingers like sausages.
手指就像香肠一样粗
And we had to float in him down the river like he was a great bloated raft.
然后我们就把他当作木筏一样 抱着他沿着河水漂流
But the fishing was good, wasn’t it?
钓鱼也很有趣不是吗?
James.
詹姆斯
Please.
别这样
Bye. Thank you so much.
再见 非常感谢你们
Lovely evening. Thank you. Bye.
多么美好的夜晚 谢谢你 再见
Good night. Good night.
晚安 晚安
Well, that was a disaster.
真是糟透了
Painful. Utterly painful to see.
糟糕透了 这次晚餐真是糟糕
I don’t know what you mean. I had a lovely time.
我不懂您的意思 我过得很愉快
Oh, James, please.
詹姆斯 别提了
“My problem is in finding the time to do everything else.”
“我的问题倒是去找时间做别的事”
I never felt so judged in my life. Judged? How do you mean?
我从没被人这样批评过 批评? 你咋会这么想
A grown man, for heaven’s sake,
看在上帝的份上 一个成年人
playing all day long with children?
不务正业整天和孩子们一起玩
In any case, I hardly think they’ll be the social contact we’d hoped for.
无论如何 我们不应该和他们来往
I hadn’t really thought of them that way. I just enjoy their company.
我从来没这么想过 我只是乐在其中
He’s been a good friend to us, Mother.
他是我们的好朋友 妈妈!
Yes. But what does that mean? Hm?
是的 但是那又有什么意义呢?
Surely you don’t intend…
你应该不会打算…
to keep spending your afternoons with those children, do you?
每天再和那群孩子们一起渡过下午吧?
And so today, ladies and gentlemen,
今天 女士们先生们!
using only the wind and his own physical strength,
仅仅依靠风和他自己的身体
George Llewelyn Davies shall test the very limits of the atmosphere
乔治·戴维斯 将测试风力的极速
using his tethered craft. Go on, boy.
就用这个手工制♥作♥的飞行仪 来吧 孩子
Go on, George. You’re going to break it, George.
去吧! 乔治! 你会把它弄坏的!
George, stop! I just need a bit more speed.
乔治! 停下来! 只要再快一点就好了
I want to do it.
我也想玩
Hold off a bit, George. I think it’s in need of a tail.
好好抓紧了 乔治 我想它需要有个尾巴
Oh, wait.
等一下
Here. James, this will do. That’s a good idea.
拿去吧 詹姆斯 会有用处的 是个好主意
No, it’s not heavy enough. I want to do it.
不 还不够重 我也想试试看
You coming, Peter? Porthos!
过来一起玩吧 彼得? 波索
It’ll work this time.
这次肯定能行
Porthos, give us your bell. That’s good.
波索 把你的铃给我们 对了…
Michael? Yeah?
麦克? 什么?
Now, would you like to give it a go? Yes, please.
你想要试试看吗 是的 请给我一次机会
Oh, he can’t run fast enough. Of course he can.
不行啦 他跑的还够快 他当然可以的
Let him try, Jack. Now, George, you hold the kite.
让他试试吧 杰克 乔治 你拿着风筝
George.
乔治
Come on, boys, let’s go back up to the top. Come on, Peter.
来吧 孩子们 回到山坡上去 彼得
Right, George, hold it up. Darling, you’ve got to run now. Ready? Ready?
这儿 拿着它 亲爱的 准备要跑了 准备好了吗
Run! Run, Michael! Run!
快跑! 跑! 麦克 快跑!
Oh, I told you this wasn’t going to work. I don’t think he’s fast enough.
我就知道这行不通 我认为他不够快
It’s not going to work if no one believes in him.
如果没人相信他就不会成功
Now, give him a chance. Michael, go back to your starting position.
再给他一次机会 麦克 回到起跑的位置去
Come on, darling, try again. George, you take the kite.
来吧 亲爱的 再试试看 乔治 你拿着风筝
Now this time, I don’t want a flea’s breath of doubt. We must get that kite in the air.
这次我们不能再有任何怀疑 一定要让这风筝飞起来
Right. Look, I think I feel a bit more breeze. Are you ready, Michael?
没错 我感到有些起风了 你准备好了吗
You can do it, Michael. You’ve got to run. Run, Michael, run.
你能行的 麦克 你得跑起来 跑起来 跑!
Run! That’s it!
跑! 就是这样!
Yes! He did it!
太好了! 他成功了!
Keep running! Keep running!
继续跑! 继续跑!
What are you writing about now?
你在写些什么?
Oh, just making notes.
只是做点记录什么的
I’m never really certain what they’re about until I’ve read them over later.
只是随便写点 等以后读他们的时 我就知道是什么了
Something about the kite?
是不是有关风筝?
Now, why do you ask that?
为什么这么问?
I don’t know.
我也不知道…
If I were a writer I think I could tell a whole story about flying the kite today.
如果我是作家 我会把今天放风筝的过程都写下来
Perhaps you should then. That’s a fantastic idea. Why not give it a try?
也许你应该试试 是个好主意 尝试着写写看吧
I hope you haven’t been talking about anything too serious with this one.
我希望您别把和他的谈话太当真了
No. Talking a bit of silliness really.
不 只是说了一些蠢话
Can we have him for supper?
我们晚上能”吃”他吗?
Have him to stay for supper, Michael. We’re not cannibals.
你应该说”留”他吃晚饭 我们可不是食人族
You are welcome, you know.
我们很希望你留下来 你知道的
Sylvia. Mr Barrie.
西维亚! 贝瑞先生!
Where have you been?
你们去哪了?
Flying a kite, Mother, and having a wonderful time.
去放风筝了 妈妈 我们过的相当愉快
I’m sorry. I didn’t know you were coming this evening.
对不起 我不知道您今晚要来
No? Well, apparently you forgot then.
你不知道? 很显然你忘得一干二净
I brought some supper along for us all. You didn’t need to do that.
我给我们一家带了点食物 您不必这么做的
Well, there’s no food in the house, is there?
但是家里已经没有吃的了 不是吗
Really. You don’t need to wait till the cupboard is bare.
真的 不要每次都橱柜里没吃的了 再去买♥♥食物
Please, Mother. Come on, darlings.
请别这么说 妈妈 来吧 亲爱的
Wipe feet. There’s been enough tracking round here.
把脚擦干净 这儿的脚印子已经够多的了
George, I thought you said you were going to help your mother take care of the house.
乔治 你不是说过会帮妈妈打扫房♥间吗
Coat, Michael, please. Yes.
外套 麦克 对 就这样
And…coat hanger. Good. Will we see you tomorrow?
放在衣架上 很好 我们明天还能见到你吗
No. You’re going to be helping round the house tomorrow.
不行 明天你们都得呆在家帮忙打扫
Mother, there is absolutely no need for this.
妈妈 没必要这样做
You can’t do everything yourself.
你不可能一个人揽下所有的事情
Look at you. You’re horribly flush. You’re wearing yourself out.
看看你自己 脸红成这样 你把你自己累坏了
Thank you for a lovely day, James. Excuse me, Mother.
谢谢你 今天很愉快 对不起 妈妈
So from tomorrow, we’re going to have some discipline around here.
从明天开始 我们得定一些规矩了
And not one of you will escape.
没人能够逃走!
Good evening, Mr Barrie. Good evening, Sarah.
晚安 贝瑞先生 晚安 莎拉
Good evening, Mr Barrie. Good evening, Emma.
晚安 贝瑞先生 晚安 爱玛
You missed supper.
你错过晚餐
Perhaps I’ll have something later. I have a bit of writing I wanted to do.
过会再吃吧 我有些东西要写
Are you sure? It was a lovely meal. Duck.
真的不想吃吗? 晚餐很可口 有鸭子
Sarah let Emma cook this evening.
莎拉让爱玛煮的
Is that right? Listen, what would you think of loaning Emma out to the Davies
是吗 听着 你觉得把莎拉租给戴维斯家怎么样
for the occasional evening?
在某些特殊的场合
They don’t actually have a cook.
她们没有一个厨师
I take it Mrs Davies enjoyed the meal that she had here?
我想戴维斯夫人一定对上次在这吃的晚餐 记忆犹新
I imagine she could use an extra hand now and again. That’s all.
我想她们只是有时需要个帮手 仅此而已
That’s very charitable of you.
你考虑的真是周到
Perhaps we can send over some of the silver as well.
也许我们还可以送一些银的餐具过去
And what about linen?
要不要再送点亚麻布?
I wouldn’t be surprised if some of hers was looking a bit shabby.
如果她的衣服有些破烂 我也不会感到惊奇
Please, Mary, stop.
得了 玛丽 别说了
Maybe she can send over some of the things we’ve run short on.
也许她也可以送一些我们缺少的东西..
My husband, for example.
比如…我的丈夫…
We rarely see him in this house.
我们很少在他自己家看到他了
That hasn’t seemed to bother you for some time now.
有时候我不在也许对你好一些
Lords and ladies, His Royal Highness, King Michael the Benevolent,
臣民们和女士们 至高无上的殿下 仁慈的麦克国王
protector of the realm.
王国的守护者
That scepter’s made of wood.
那把王杖是木头做的…
Yes, well, we dream on a budget here, don’t we?
是的 但我们都是假想的 不是吗
No, I mean, everyone thinks it’s made of gold, but it’s just an old hunk of wood.
不 我是说 人人都认为那是黄金 但那只是块木头
The means to an end, Peter.
我们就把他假想成那样吧 彼得
What we’ve done is taken an old hunk of wood
我们要做的就是把一块木头
and transformed it for all the world to see into the most magnificent gold.
变成全世界最稀有的黄金
There you go. What’s this?
送给你的 是什么东西?
All great writers begin with a good leather binding and a respectable title.
所有大作家都是从皮革装订的书和尊敬的书名开始的
Open it.
打开看看吧…
“The Boy Castaways.”
“男孩冒险记”
“Being a record of the terrible adventures of the brothers Davies,
“记录了戴维斯兄弟的冒险故事”
faithfully set forth by…Peter Llewelyn Davies.”
由”彼得·路维林·戴维斯”忠实记录

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!